PDA

View Full Version : When we renew the rivalry...it should be like this...

CaBisonFan
11-16-2011, 02:16 AM
New facilities...new players...new coaches...but the dominance should be like this.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthDakotaStBison1?blend=9&ob=5

bisonmonster
11-16-2011, 02:43 AM
wait, UND still has a football team?

CaBisonFan
11-16-2011, 02:47 AM

You made me laugh...thanks.

TbonZach
11-16-2011, 02:49 AM

UND has something other than teh hockies?

TheBisonator
11-16-2011, 02:50 AM
You made me laugh...thanks.

I kinda wish they could drop their FB program... Focus 100 percent on teh buthockey.

CaBisonFan
11-16-2011, 03:35 AM
I kinda wish they could drop their FB program... Focus 100 percent on teh buthockey.

No question about it. Absolutely no doubt.

BISONBRI53
11-16-2011, 03:41 AM
What was with Fast Eddie not agreeing with Bison Bob's comments? What was the back story with that?

ndsubison1
11-16-2011, 03:45 AM
the rivalry should be renewed in the playoffs. if they ever get there

BISONBRI53
11-16-2011, 04:07 AM

Gonna be a while before that happens. Bring it back! Dome would be rockin! That little tin shed up north would actually have some fans for a game as well.

90 BISON
11-16-2011, 04:07 AM
I think eddie was saying that und did not deserve to make the playoffs, but I could be wrong.

CaBisonFan
11-16-2011, 04:08 AM
What was with Fast Eddie not agreeing with Bison Bob's comments? What was the back story with that?

Bob Entzion wanted Rocky to ease off so that UND would have a better claim for a playoff spot. That was one of the issues.

As for the other problems...it seemed like Rocky had a problem with a matchup with UND again. We were so f&%king much better than them that it had become an embarrassment. Rocky didn't want any part of a merciless beating one week later. He wasn't bragging. He was just telling Bob (in-house) that it was a terrible situation. He DID NOT want to pound them again. That was supposed to be in-house...but Bob had absolutely no professionalism...so he had the stupidity to approach Rocky about the point spread on the sidelines.

This is what I've been trying to say here. Rocky was sabotaged by an incompetent idiot. He had no real backing when the troubles came. He had major stress having to deal with Entzion. Rocky 'was' the leadership. He shouldn't have had to deal with issues that the AD or admin. were supposed to do. These are my opinions on the bigger picture.

In this scene we see it clearly...IMO. That's why I show it.

It's where the dynasty went to...caused by the incompetence of an AD that was a rookie...at best.

Maybe I've missed Rocky's point completely...and maybe someone who was there at the time could say it more accurately.

CaBisonFan
11-16-2011, 04:33 AM
Let me be clear. This isn't about bringing Rocky back. It's history. But I have kept this footage as a piece of history that...IMO...shows a breaking point in the dynasty. It made the decade of the 90s very difficult for the football program. We've been trying to rebuild it ever since. Chapman, Taylor, Bohl and others have done a great job of bringing it to where it is now.

SlickVic
11-16-2011, 04:39 AM
I was just reaching for my cell phone lol classic...not a single time have I never laughed.at that

NDSUFan_Sav
11-16-2011, 05:03 AM

Agreed........Not really sure why this gets brought up and why people constantly mention UND this UND that...who gives a $hit what they're doing up there. Look what happened in VB we're a waaaaaaaaay better team then them but yet we lost. Nothing good can come out of playing them....win and it was expected, lose and we're the laughing stock of the state.

/end thread

56BISON73
11-16-2011, 05:09 AM
Agreed........Not really sure why this gets brought up and why people constantly mention UND this UND that...who gives a $hit what they're doing up there. Look what happened in VB we're a waaaaaaaaay better team then them but yet we lost. Nothing good can come out of playing them....win and it was expected, lose and we're the laughing stock of the state.

/end thread

We werent better than them the night we played them in GF. They have a good team and rose to the occasion. Thats whats unique about great rivalries. You throw your record out the window and you better bring your A game.

NDSUFan_Sav
11-16-2011, 05:16 AM
We werent better than them the night we played them in GF. They have a good team and rose to the occasion. Thats whats unique about great rivalries. You throw your record out the window and you better bring your A game.

That night we made a lot of mistakes and got nervous of actually losing and more mistakes started to occur ( I don't know a ton about vb so I can't really argue/say much). They aren't our rivals though they decided to watch us go to D1 and thought it was a stupid move, thought we'd fail. Then, they saw our success so they realized they made a mistake and needed to make the move up. I don't think we should ever renew the rivalry, I prefer the rivalry we have with SDSU and UNI then going back to the past. If we renew the rivalry imo they win that and we stoop to their level. If we play them it shouldn't be a yearly thing.

CaBisonFan
11-16-2011, 05:17 AM

/end thread

I agree Sav. There's no argument from me regarding a renewal. I'd rather not. I just want people to know where we once were and where I'd want us to be if we were ever to play them again. We were so much better that it became an embarrassment. Hell...the game on this video could have been 80-0...easy. They looked like a high school team compared to us. That's the only way that I want things to be if this so-called rivalry is to continue. The equity of the 90s was a sue mirage. A fig newton of people's imagination. Entzion pushed the Bison tradition down the drain because of some odd fixation with the sue. Guess he 'wanted' equity. How NDSU could allow an idiot like this to run the athletic program is beyond my wildest imagination. It's important history.

But...we need to win a damned national championship and keep the process of building rolling.

Let's get after these sons of a bitches. (Rocky Hager)

56BISON73
11-16-2011, 05:25 AM
That night we made a lot of mistakes and got nervous of actually losing and more mistakes started to occur ( I don't know a ton about vb so I can't really argue/say much). They aren't our rivals though they decided to watch us go to D1 and thought it was a stupid move, thought we'd fail. Then, they saw our success so they realized they made a mistake and needed to make the move up. I don't think we should ever renew the rivalry, I prefer the rivalry we have with SDSU and UNI then going back to the past. If we renew the rivalry imo they win that and we stoop to their level. If we play them it shouldn't be a yearly thing.

Dont care why they didnt move up and dont care for the reasons they did. The mistake we made that night were caused by UNDs good play. So nothing more needs to be said. UND is our rival whether we are playing them or not at this moment in time. Everthing we and UND do is measured against the other. Get used to it. Its been that way for over a hundred years and its not going away.

CaBisonFan
11-16-2011, 05:33 AM
Its been that way for over a hundred years and its not going away.

Yep...and it will be more intense than ever. It's on the way.

godhateswalmart
11-16-2011, 05:40 AM
vomit. another thread comparing penis sizes from 1984 with und. dont some of you want ndsu to move on to bigger and better things like the past 8 years has shown us? things seem to be going just fine.

56BISON73
11-16-2011, 05:41 AM
vomit. another thread.

Try some Pepto

CaBisonFan
11-16-2011, 05:51 AM
vomit. another thread comparing penis sizes from 1984 with und. dont some of you want ndsu to move on to bigger and better things like the past 8 years has shown us? things seem to be going just fine.

So it's a good thing that we have progressed...because we 'will' be playing them relatively soon.

NDSUFan_Sav
11-16-2011, 05:53 AM
We've received more National/Regional press since D1 then we did before all of this. Sure we destroyed D2, but imo we should of made that move to D1 before we actually did. How is it still a rivalry, sure if we play media and people would make a big deal about it, but what will that give us? Why go back to the past...that's history. We need to worry about the present and future while continuing to make history without them. They're dead to me, our rivalry with SDSU and UNI have way more meaning. A lot more on the line.

Oh well have fun arguing about them I'm done giving them any time period, it's not worth it.

jimmyptubas
11-16-2011, 07:39 AM
I think for those who can remember it, the UND rivalry will ALWAYS be more important than UNI or SDSU. I grew up watching those games with my dad and there is nothing that would be better IMO than bringing them back. SDSU is a good "rivalry", but it was talked about after that game this year; we don't hate them and they don't hate us...we aren't even their main rival.

BisonTeacher
11-16-2011, 11:15 AM
I think for those who can remember it, the UND rivalry will ALWAYS be more important than UNI or SDSU. I grew up watching those games with my dad and there is nothing that would be better IMO than bringing them back. SDSU is a good "rivalry", but it was talked about after that game this year; we don't hate them and they don't hate us...we aren't even their main rival.

I agree Jimmy. I also find it comical that people on here get so upset when "The team up north who-must-not-be-named" gets even mentioned on here. I hate the packers just as much as I do UND, but I don't get pissy every time someone talks about the packers. They are and always will be our rival. CaBisonFan is right. Its coming whether you like it or not. But to get all upset if someone even mentions the name. Seems childish. to me.

4mcruenomore
11-16-2011, 01:12 PM
Now PL is also an expert on volleyball?

go_bison
11-16-2011, 02:36 PM
I agree Jimmy. I also find it comical that people on here get so upset when "The team up north who-must-not-be-named" gets even mentioned on here. I hate the packers just as much as I do UND, but I don't get pissy every time someone talks about the packers. They are and always will be our rival. CaBisonFan is right. Its coming whether you like it or not. But to get all upset if someone even mentions the name. Seems childish. to me.

I agree guys. This rivalry is coming back, maybe not next year, or the year after but it will be back someday. And I for one am looking forward to it. Granted, I do love the rivalry we have produced with SDSU and UNI, but it's still not the same. There's not the hatred that UND brings us... example: this thread. There is nothing I would change about the past 8 years of what NDSU Athletic program has done without playing UND. But that rivalry is a big part of Bison tradition, and that's why it will be played again. I can't wait to see the Sioux Suck T-Shirts again!
If you get a chance, watch ESPNs original film: "Roll Tide/War Eagle". That is the hatred in a rivalry that I speak of. It's a great documentary.

NDSUFan_Sav
11-16-2011, 02:41 PM

You kidding me??? I can't stand SDSU when they lost in the playoffs by blowing that lead I seriously laughed for an hour and enjoyed every second of it!

344Johnson
11-16-2011, 02:46 PM
You kidding me??? I can't stand SDSU when they lost in the playoffs by blowing that lead I seriously laughed for an hour and enjoyed every second of it!

I'm guessing some people around here chuckled a bit but I for one was really pulling for them. People don't dislike SDSU in any way, shape, or form, with the exception of their random stretch of domination over us in football for a few years.

Grizzled
11-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Can't remember where the article was, Forum, Star Tribune, or Herald but the article was about Marcus Williams and his sister, who plays basketball at UND. In the article Marcus talks about how he'll still go up to UND to watch her play even though its a rival school he doesn't care for. This is a kids who never played against UND. Now we as fans can sit and say we don't care but as long as the players still see it as a rivalry and the coaches are recruiting the same kids and see it as a rivalry it is going to be a rivalry.

Now from conversations I've had, I still don't see the football game happening until after Gene is gone. I think he realizes that we have everything to lose by playing the game and isn't going to schedule it.

BisonTeacher
11-16-2011, 03:34 PM
I can't wait to see the Sioux Suck T-Shirts again!

Just come see me at the first playoff game. I wear mine underneath my jersey or sweatshirt.

DePereBisonFan
11-16-2011, 04:00 PM

What night are you referring to? The night of the video that CA attached? The night we hired some different AD that is getting blame on this thread for ruining our football program?

I guess I'm really ignorant of pre-DI football. To me, I don't want UND to succeed because I don't want to lose games to them or lose [good] recruits to them. I felt terrible after the baseball and volleyball losses. But right now above all I hate UNI. I also hate that we lost to Minnesota 10-9 a few years back and hate losing at the Barn every time we play them in basketball.

Anyway, would love some answers about what "that night" is referring to.

CAS4127
11-16-2011, 04:15 PM
What night are you referring to? The night of the video that CA attached? The night we hired some different AD that is getting blame on this thread for ruining our football program?

I guess I'm really ignorant of pre-DI football. To me, I don't want UND to succeed because I don't want to lose games to them or lose [good] recruits to them. I felt terrible after the baseball and volleyball losses. But right now above all I hate UNI. I also hate that we lost to Minnesota 10-9 a few years back and hate losing at the Barn every time we play them in basketball.

Anyway, would love some answers about what "that night" is referring to.

He's talkin about the W's VB team's loss to tey UND this Fall . . . . . . . . . . . .

Answer Guy
11-16-2011, 04:24 PM
I imagine most of you were disappointed not getting to see the home team clinch a conference championship last week. You still have that opportunity this Saturday at 1:00 in Grand Forks.

CAS has spoken for my extra ticket, but it’s possible there are still some for sale*.

*Kind of hit and miss lately.

TransAmBison
11-16-2011, 04:27 PM
I imagine most of you were disappointed not getting to see the home team clinch a conference championship last week. You still have that opportunity this Saturday at 1:00 in Grand Forks.

CAS has spoken for my extra ticket, but it’s possible there are still some for sale*.

*Kind of hit and miss lately.I thought you just picked them up free at the Super Pumper...when did they start charging for tickets? I guess the must pay for teh escalator...

Answer Guy
11-16-2011, 04:58 PM
I thought you just picked them up free at the Super Pumper...when did they start charging for tickets?

Pretty sure those are just SRO (with purchase!). We're talking front row, my friend.

Correction - CAS has informed me that his attendance depends on the weather forecast for Saturday*.

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx89/NDACAnswerGuy/funny-pictures-hell-freezes-over-14l-1.jpg

*Probably scared to bet on the game too.

CAS4127
11-16-2011, 05:00 PM
AG? Why does this picture remind me of you on BV?

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/383095_2595068206512_1548928025_32653576_880427149 _n.jpg

Answer Guy
11-16-2011, 05:29 PM
AG? Why does this picture remind me of you on BV?

Quick-thinking intelligence amongst the loyal but somewhat “limited” natives? :)

CAS4127
11-16-2011, 05:40 PM
No, we know you're there, we're just acting like we don't. When the time comes to pounce, well, just wait . . . . . . .

Oh, and as far as your post script in the "tickets" post, are you sure you wanna make yet another bet with me:
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/376771_2595401614847_1548928025_32653619_175269333 1_n.jpg

Answer Guy
11-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Oh, and as far as your post script in the "tickets" post, are you sure you wanna make yet another bet with me

As I recall, we're 2-2 in bets; I just pay up faster than 6 months. Also, undefeated against Tranny, Tatanka, and PL; although Tatanka is a slow payer. If you're scared to bet, that's cool.

Hey CAS, why do I think about "arguing" with you when I see this picture? :rofl:

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx89/NDACAnswerGuy/takingcandyfromababy4.jpg

Bison 4 Life
11-16-2011, 06:59 PM

I think I remember back in the first days of the "Dakota Marker" decision, Mike McFeeley said it best..I'm paraphrasing "So we have played them 89 times in the past and nobody cared" or something like that. Still doesn't matter.

You know who UNI thinks are their rivals? Teams in Iowa, not ND.

CAS4127
11-16-2011, 07:00 PM
As I recall, we're 2-2 in bets; I just pay up faster than 6 months. Also, undefeated against Tranny, Tatanka, and PL; although Tatanka is a slow payer. If you're scared to bet, that's cool.

Hey CAS, why do I think about "arguing" with you when I see this picture? :rofl:

Typical Wioux fan. First, we are not 2-2 in bets, we are 2-1 in my favor. Second, I have won the last two in a row, but I understand you went toe to toe with me on both!!!
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/318326_2398887982129_1548928025_32525842_191351297 7_n.jpg
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/376771_2595401614847_1548928025_32653619_175269333 1_n.jpg
I will take the Yotes for $25--you give me 8 points.

CaBisonFan
11-16-2011, 07:02 PM
I think I remember back in the first days of the "Dakota Marker" decision, Mike McFeeley said it best..I'm paraphrasing "So we have played them 89 times in the past and nobody cared" or something like that. Still doesn't matter.

You know who UNI thinks are their rivals? Teams in Iowa, not ND.

I would agree totally that UNI has no rivalry interest in UND.

They would with us because of our current high profile and the older history...for those who remember...like me.

TransAmBison
11-16-2011, 07:02 PM

You know who UNI thinks are their rivals? Teams in Iowa, not ND.UNI are dim-witted trolls.

56BISON73
11-16-2011, 07:13 PM
Now PL is also an expert on volleyball?

Just a student of the game. I sit with people people who know more about VB than I do. I ask questions. I go to as many home games as I can when in Fargo.
So I do know good play when I see it. I also know bad play when I see it.

CaBisonFan
11-16-2011, 07:25 PM
I love Dr. Bob talking about UND's schedule..."they've played some dang tough teams." It's so classic. That...among other reasons...is why I love this little clip from the past so much. It's like a window into the heads of Rocky & Dr. Bob...with Big Ed giving his take on what the whole thing was about.

And...did anyone notice that they miked the band? And the crowd is louder than the feed that we get from the FD most of the time. I know that the FD crowd gets louder than this...but we rarely get to feel the atmosphere like this. KXJB had someone who understood this concept.

CaBisonFan
11-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Just a student of the game. I sit with people people who know more about VB than I do. I ask questions. I go to as many home games as I can when in Fargo.
So I do know good play when I see it. I also know bad play when I see it.

Yes...and as we've mostly said from the beginning of this DI venture that teams like ours can beat a larger university on any given day. We could lose to UND in football the very first time that we play them if we're not well-coached and if we don't bring our A-Game. Remember that UND beat UNI a few years back in Iowa.

Bison 4 Life
11-16-2011, 07:45 PM
I would agree totally that UNI has no rivalry interest in UND.

They would with us because of our current high profile and the older history...for those who remember...like me.

Obfuscation, how clever.....

Northern Iowa has a natural rival in Drake. They have played for years. As soon as USD comes to the MVFC then SDSU gets it's natural rival back. UND is NDSU's natural rival...this Northern Iowa thing is silly, it would be almost as valid as a Southern Illinois rivalry.

TransAmBison
11-16-2011, 07:50 PM
Obfuscation, how clever.....

Northern Iowa has a natural rival in Drake. They have played for years. As soon as USD comes to the MVFC then SDSU gets it's natural rival back. UND is NDSU's natural rival...this Northern Iowa thing is silly, it would be almost as valid as a Southern Illinois rivalry.You seem to only have one interest...sad really. Did you not enjoy the playoffs last year? Did you not enjoy the Bison/Gophers game? We lost the school for the mentally challenged, but we gained a lot more. By going to the FCS we are once again joining our rivals...(ie Montana)...when the school for the mentally challeged gets good enough we can meet in the playoffs. (I might be retired by that time)

344Johnson
11-16-2011, 07:59 PM
NDSU and UNI will probably be football rivals as long as they are the top 2 teams in the conference. Good teams end up being rivals. Will it ever be the same as NDSU/UND? Probably not, but a good one nevertheless.

Why is Notre Dame/USC a big game? Cause for years and years it was a game of 2 highly ranked teams.

Why is it Yankees/Red Sox and not Yankees and Baltimore as the big rivals?

Bison 4 Life
11-16-2011, 08:01 PM
You seem to only have one interest...sad really. Did you not enjoy the playoffs last year? Did you not enjoy the Bison/Gophers game? We lost the school for the mentally challenged, but we gained a lot more. By going to the FCS we are once again joining our rivals...(ie Montana)...when the school for the mentally challeged gets good enough we can meet in the playoffs. (I might be retired by that time)

I've been to all 3 Gopher games, UNI and ISUb in the last 4 years. I have been to two games this year despite living in Ohio but this is about a rivalry. We are not rivals with the Gophers or RMU, MSU, EWU from the playoffs or UNI because the other side has to care to be a rival. If we don't want a rival and want to be big time, then so be it. But any rivalry they have tried to cook up is phony beyond belief.

Moral of the story. Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining

CAS4127
11-16-2011, 08:05 PM
I've been to all 3 Gopher games, UNI and ISUb in the last 4 years. I have been to two games this year despite living in Ohio but this is about a rivalry. We are not rivals with the Gophers or RMU, MSU, EWU from the playoffs or UNI because the other side has to care to be a rival. If we don't want a rival and want to be big time, then so be it. But any rivalry they have tried to cook up is phony beyond belief.

OK, but have you been to that slugfest of a FB game that is UNI v. Drake??!!!!!!

Wow, wouldn't wanna miss that one!!!!

HandoEX
11-16-2011, 08:07 PM
I don't remember the last time I heard a UND fan talk about football in real life. I think it's a weekly occurance for me to hear a Bison fan talk about UND football. We have a top five team in FCS with one of the best fanbases in the country. 95% of UND fans could care less about their football team from my experience. What's wrong with this picture?

Bison 4 Life
11-16-2011, 08:09 PM
OK, but have you been to that slugfest of a FB game that is UNI v. Drake??!!!!!!

Wow, wouldn't wanna miss that one!!!!

They care. We don't care about Lehigh-Lafayette or Delaware-Villanova either but they do. A rivalry only needs to matter to the principals involved.

HandoEX
11-16-2011, 08:10 PM
NDSU and UNI will probably be football rivals as long as they are the top 2 teams in the conference. Good teams end up being rivals. Will it ever be the same as NDSU/UND? Probably not, but a good one nevertheless.

Why is Notre Dame/USC a big game? Cause for years and years it was a game of 2 highly ranked teams.

Why is it Yankees/Red Sox and not Yankees and Baltimore as the big rivals?
This is exactly why I care less and less about UND. If they were good, it would matter more, but they suck and their fans don't care (see the GF public opinion of Mussman).

CAS4127
11-16-2011, 08:13 PM
They care. We don't care about Lehigh-Lafayette or Delaware-Villanova either but they do. A rivalry only needs to matter to the principals involved.

Funny, I don't see Drake on UNI's FB schedule: http://www.unipanthers.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=26200&SPID=90703&SPSID=626868
But they care . . . . .

BlueBisonRock
11-16-2011, 08:17 PM

Just checked the weather channel. It has been raining in Ohio with the rain moving east.

Bison 4 Life
11-16-2011, 08:20 PM
Funny, I don't see Drake on UNI's FB schedule: http://www.unipanthers.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=26200&SPID=90703&SPSID=626868
But they care . . . . .

It appears to be a smaller part of the Iowa schools playing one another. I just know they have played I don't know that much about it to be honest but I don't really care. I can tell you they don't give one crap about this cooked up rivalry we have. In fact, they have more to beef with Southern Illinois than NDSU.

The bottom line is that we don't have a rival. If that doesn't matter to you, I don't care.

CaBisonFan
11-16-2011, 08:25 PM
It appears to be a smaller part of the Iowa schools playing one another. I just know they have played I don't know that much about it to be honest but I don't really care. I can tell you they don't give one crap about this cooked up rivalry we have. In fact, they have more to beef with Southern Illinois than NDSU.

The bottom line is that we don't have a rival. If that doesn't matter to you, I don't care.

So...UNI brings nothing more to the FD than they would to most of the other conference schools ?? Hmmm

Bison 4 Life
11-16-2011, 08:27 PM
So...UNI brings nothing more to the FD than they would to most of the other conference schools ?? Hmmm

They are already selling every seat they can (student section notwithstanding). So YSU was just as big as UNI?

CaBisonFan
11-16-2011, 08:34 PM
They are already selling every seat they can (student section notwithstanding). So YSU was just as big as UNI?

Who do you mean by 'they?' Serious question...not sarcasm.

YSU has a different flavor to it. For guys like me it brings back memories of a playoff rivalry. The conference thing is relatively new. No...the attendance has little to do with the discussion about a rivalry for me.

HerdBot
11-16-2011, 08:34 PM
After years of ups and Downs, I have decided "fuck the rivalry." We do not need them. I am already more excited to be a Bison fan than at any other point in my life and we are not playing them. If we meet in the playoffs ... great. Both teams will be good. The NCAA will make sure it happens. Right now we would destroy them. We would be legitimizing them. Its a lose lose. We are expected to win and its their biggest game. We lose a home game. Sorry but I don't want 5 home games. No fing way.

CaBisonFan
11-16-2011, 09:00 PM
We would be legitimizing them. Its a lose lose. We are expected to win and its their biggest game. We lose a home game. Sorry but I don't want 5 home games. No fing way.

This is my fundamental belief also. I pretty much dread the day that we play UND. It has nothing to do with winning or losing. To me, they're small-time in their attitude...demonstrated clearly by their reaction to our desire to save our football program...our flagship. They wouldn't let their hockey program die under any circumstances...at any cost...nadda. We did what was necessary.

Even though I know that the games will return...I also know that this rivalry went far beyond what it should have...meaning after the games were stopped.

Answer Guy
11-16-2011, 09:47 PM
Typical Wioux fan. First, we are not 2-2 in bets, we are 2-1 in my favor.

The math is probably over your head, so I'll walk you through it:

1-0 UND 6 Renssalaer 0 NCAA Hockey Tournament - $10.00 bar tab
2-0 UND 6 Denver 1 NCAA Hockey Tournament - $10.00 bar tab
2-0 Michigan 2 UND 0 NCAA Hockey Tournament (The bet you chickened out of)
2-1 NDSU 37 Minnesota 24 Football - Jersey photo
2-2 Cal Poly 23 UND 19 Football - Pimp coat photo

I will take the Yotes for $25--you give me 8 points.

You get the same number of points you gave me on teh Gopher game.

CAS4127
11-16-2011, 10:01 PM
That wasn't the bet, nitwit. I bet you $20 that teh UND would not win beat both R and D, so that is one (1) win for you, ad two for me--in a row I might add!!

CaBisonFan
11-16-2011, 10:14 PM
What's this...betting on football ?!!...http://www.pic4ever.com/images/127fs698873.gif

gotts
11-16-2011, 10:24 PM
That wasn't the bet, nitwit. I bet you $20 that teh UND would not win beat both R and D, so that is one (1) win for you, ad two for me--in a row I might add!!

Don't take away his moral victory now...

344Johnson
11-16-2011, 10:37 PM
It has nothing to do with winning or losing. To me, they're small-time in their attitude...demonstrated clearly by their reaction to our desire to save our football program...our flagship. They wouldn't let their hockey program die under any circumstances...at any cost...nadda. We did what was necessary.

Even though I know that the games will return...I also know that this rivalry went far beyond what it should have...meaning after the games were stopped.

Many of them think we couldn't adjust to the new DII that they had better luck adjusting too, considering they weren't the ones who basically had the opportunity to have the X(what were scholly numbers in the 80's?) number of players that they wanted while NDSU basically had to watch the program get worse and worse.

I don't dread playing UND. I look forward to it. NDSU football took off again with the move away from DII, we had a program that I as an 11 year old could have told you was not going anywhere. Within a couple years of DI, you could tell that we finally were on our way back to where we should be. UND's football program has taken a step back from their "Glory Years." I hope in the next 5 years, they somehow win the Big Sky. I hope it is a year where we are clearly not at our peak. And I hope we absolutely take them behind the shed and finish them because football is our game, and that is how we work here in Fargo. The "butthockey" excuse has always been music to my ears because that is a UND fan conceding that their program will never, ever accomplish what our program has, and will continue to do.

They can have their "dominance" of the last decade of the series. Because NDSU is heading back to where we belong, at the top. They will need memories to smile about, cause God knows Montana St., Montana, and NDSU will not be giving them any good ones anytime soon.

Rant over.

CaBisonFan
11-16-2011, 10:48 PM
Many of them think we couldn't adjust to the new DII that they had better luck adjusting too, considering they weren't the ones who basically had the opportunity to have the X(what were scholly numbers in the 80's?) number of players that they wanted while NDSU basically had to watch the program get worse and worse.

I don't dread playing UND. I look forward to it. NDSU football took off again with the move away from DII, we had a program that I as an 11 year old could have told you was not going anywhere. Within a couple years of DI, you could tell that we finally were on our way back to where we should be. UND's football program has taken a step back from their "Glory Years." I hope in the next 5 years, they somehow win the Big Sky. I hope it is a year where we are clearly not at our peak. And I hope we absolutely take them behind the shed and finish them because football is our game, and that is how we work here in Fargo. The "butthockey" excuse has always been music to my ears because that is a UND fan conceding that their program will never, ever accomplish what our program has, and will continue to do.

They can have their "dominance" of the last decade of the series. Because NDSU is heading back to where we belong, at the top. They will need memories to smile about, cause God knows Montana St., Montana, and NDSU will not be giving them any good ones anytime soon.

Rant over.

But is was a good rant...really.

TheBisonator
11-16-2011, 10:53 PM
I still think they should drop football. People in GF obviously don't care.

MinotBison
11-16-2011, 11:09 PM
In the past few years, haven't we approached them about scheduling a game?

tony
11-16-2011, 11:28 PM
In the past few years, haven't we approached them about scheduling a game?

Gene Taylor didn't meet all of UND's demands.

If the football game is so important (you gotta think that it is at least as important as UND's nickname - I mean, the game is way older), then maybe the Legislature could compensate NDSU for the money lost which could be computed with this formula:

Formula 1: (Average Revenue from Regular Season Bison Home Game - Average Guarantee)

If they want to say "Well, NDSU will make that up in their increased attendance for the UND game", then I suppose you could subtract the following:

Formula 2: (Difference Between Attendance at a UND game and Average Attendance) / Average Attendance) * Average Revenue

Let's say that NDSU's gate for the average home game is $250k and the average guarantee is $100k and that NDSU's average attendance if 18k and we get 19k for the UND game. Formula 1 would be $150k, Formula 2 would be $14k. So the Legislature could pony up $136k every time NDSU plays at UND or $68k every year. NDSU's students should be compensate for losing an early season home game every other year.

I think GT would probably go for that. Or UND could pay the guarantee instead of the Legislature - I mean, if UND is willing to pay $100k to get the Western Utah School of Crop Dusting to come in, then surely they could find another $36k for an opponent that attracts more then 4000 more paying fans.

Or NDSU could pay UND $200k to come in every year. Seems like the fiscally-responsible, market-driven way to do things.

CaBisonFan
11-16-2011, 11:38 PM
I think GT would probably go for that. Or UND could pay the guarantee instead of the Legislature - I mean, if UND is willing to pay $100k to get the Western Utah School of Crop Dusting to come in, then surely they could find another $36k for an opponent that attracts more then 4000 more paying fans.

I like that...GT hasn't met UND's demands...http://www.pic4ever.com/images/looksmiley.gif

Good stuff Tony.

56BISON73
11-16-2011, 11:43 PM

If the football game is so important (you gotta think that it is at least as important as UND's nickname - I mean, the game is way older), then maybe the Legislature could compensate NDSU for the money lost which could be computed with this formula:

Formula 1: (Average Revenue from Regular Season Bison Home Game - Average Guarantee)

If they want to say "Well, NDSU will make that up in their increased attendance for the UND game", then I suppose you could subtract the following:

Formula 2: (Difference Between Attendance at a UND game and Average Attendance) / Average Attendance) * Average Revenue

Let's say that NDSU's gate for the average home game is $250k and the average guarantee is $100k and that NDSU's average attendance if 18k and we get 19k for the UND game. Formula 1 would be $150k, Formula 2 would be $14k. So the Legislature could pony up $136k every time NDSU plays at UND or $68k every year. NDSU's students should be compensate for losing an early season home game every other year.

Or NDSU could pay UND $200k to come in every year. Seems like the fiscally-responsible, market-driven way to do things.

You really arent far off with your plan. Iowa and Iowa State had a deal worked out because of the disparity between ISUs stadium seating capacity vs Kinnick Stadium.

CAS4127
11-17-2011, 12:02 AM
But, when we have to play in Teh Tin Shed, shouldn't we be paid extra for the pain factor involved??!! Plus extra for having to go to Grand Spoons??!!

CaBisonFan
11-17-2011, 12:09 AM
But, when we have to play in Teh Tin Shed, shouldn't we be paid extra for the pain factor involved??!! Plus extra for having to go to Grand Spoons??!!

Oh...I think so. It should be a painful deal for them financially...and should be regarded as an honor to have us drive there.

MinotBison
11-17-2011, 03:58 AM

Their demands??????????????? Just what exactly were "their demands"?????????????

56BISON73
11-17-2011, 04:03 AM
Their demands??????????????? Just what exactly were "their demands"?????????????

We HAD to play them every year. He would not accept playing every other year to get the series started again.

344Johnson
11-17-2011, 04:12 AM
Honestly, UND should feel pretty dang good about an every-other deal, what is so bad about playing every other year? When they have everything to gain and we have everything to lose, they should be happy have made an offer.

56BISON73
11-17-2011, 04:26 AM
Honestly, UND should feel pretty dang good about an every-other deal, what is so bad about playing every other year? When they have everything to gain and we have everything to lose, they should be happy have made an offer.

Very poor business decision on their part. You take the every other year to get your foot in the door and to restart the series. Then as time goes on scheduling can be tweaked long range to play every year.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-17-2011, 02:19 PM

/end thread

Now you sounding like a Minnesota fan.

southcliffbison
11-19-2011, 02:16 AM
Regarding any future und/NDSU game being played, I just checked future schedules on Gobison; hey guys, I hope we're all still around if/when GT or whoever is the AD then ever schedules one. Not much wiggle room until the 2015/16 season where, according to Gobison, one OOC game is already on tap (Bison @ UMont); factor in the 8 conf. games........you know where I'm going with this.........so, this talk of playing the U of El Forko Grande is premature, to say the least........perhaps sometime in the next decade, which to me, is soon enough. When the Sewage gain membership in the Big Sigh Conference (and that's not etched in stone YET), their open dates may not coincide with ours. Don't lose sleep over this.

4mcruenomore
11-19-2011, 02:21 AM
If Al Carlson is still in the state legislature, I am pretty sure we will have to play them sooner than later.

CaBisonFan
11-19-2011, 02:22 AM
If Al Carlson is still in the state legislature, I am pretty sure we will have to play them sooner than later.

That...plus a whole lot of other 'stupid' things. Wonder if he's related to Dr Bob.