PDA

View Full Version : State wide coverage of W. ILL. game

go_bison
11-15-2011, 01:29 PM
I see it's on KXJB, which I believe is just Fargo-Moorhead area. Any word of KFYR/ND NBC Network picking this game up ? If not, who do I need to start calling and emailing?
Let's get it done!

Hammerhead
11-15-2011, 02:50 PM
Get that sucker on one of the alternate channels on DirecTV, too.

aces1180
11-15-2011, 02:54 PM

^^^^^This!

THEsocalledfan
11-15-2011, 03:36 PM

wouldn't it have to be carried by a cable provider for this to happen, like FCS? I'd say better chance TAB will be killed by a Nigerian hitman than this happening.....

godhateswalmart
11-15-2011, 04:19 PM
EPbison will sensors in bloomington have it?

THEsocalledfan
11-15-2011, 05:04 PM

If being produced by WIU or someone there, they must be using satellite, so bet you can get those old fashioned coordinates and get it set up at Sensor's since they are about the only place in America that still supports that old crap.

HerdBot
11-15-2011, 07:00 PM
I see it's on KXJB, which I believe is just Fargo-Moorhead area. Any word of KFYR/ND NBC Network picking this game up ? If not, who do I need to start calling and emailing?
Let's get it done!

I would imagine we need to contact the CBS affiliate in Western North Dakota and Grand Forks.

roadwarrior
11-15-2011, 08:02 PM
Grand Forks doesnt have a CBS station. They get KXJB.

TheBisonator
11-15-2011, 08:25 PM
Grand Forks doesnt have a CBS station. They get KXJB.

GF mooches off of F-M media, since F-M and GF are considered to be in the same TV media market.

GF used to have something called KXJC, which was like channel 30 I think. It was a CBS affiliate, but it only lasted a couple/few years since the station had almost no money and productions were piss poor.

Wally
11-15-2011, 08:34 PM

I think so. I got the coordinates for satellite. It is a wiu production so who knows what kind of quality production we will get.

missingnumber7
11-15-2011, 08:40 PM
GF mooches off of F-M media, since F-M and GF are considered to be in the same TV media market.

GF used to have something called KXJC, which was like channel 30 I think. It was a CBS affiliate, but it only lasted a couple/few years since the station had almost no money and productions were piss poor.
So then the only difference between KXJC and KXJB is that they have money but production is still piss poor?

No_Skill
11-15-2011, 09:47 PM
So, we in Bismarck are screwed.

go_bison
11-15-2011, 09:53 PM
I emailed the programming director @ KFYR to find out.... I will keep you posted with what I hear back.

go_bison
11-15-2011, 10:01 PM
Here is the response: Sorry, We are committed to NBC’s coverage of The President’s Cup golf.

That sucks but oh well. I am very impressed with their quick response to my email.

I guess all I can say is, GO USA!

godhateswalmart
11-16-2011, 12:10 AM
Golf in November over NDSU? bismarck needs a ndsu blitzkreig.

IzzyFlexion
11-16-2011, 12:20 AM
In post #4....please edit so as not to have too many google search match opportunities.
Maybe something like Trz M Bzn?:biggrin:

Didn't quote post in order to prevent uneditable content.

Hammersmith
11-16-2011, 12:35 AM
I think so. I got the coordinates for satellite. It is a wiu production so who knows what kind of quality production we will get.
Oh, we know what kind of production. WIU is pretty notorious for having the worst production values in the history of sports. Anyone else remember the riveting ambulance discussion?

Tatanka
11-16-2011, 12:45 AM
Oh, we know what kind of production. WIU is pretty notorious for having the worst production values in the history of sports. Anyone else remember the riveting ambulance discussion?

Look at the bright side. It won't involve Dan Hammer and Lee Timmerman.

NDSUstudent
11-16-2011, 12:53 AM
Thank God for DVR....I can just mute the audio and synch the tv feed with Scotty Miller and Phil.

TheBisonator
11-16-2011, 12:56 AM
Here is the response: Sorry, We are committed to NBC’s coverage of The President’s Cup golf.

That sucks but oh well. I am very impressed with their quick response to my email.

Golf is a game you play, not watch. Fuck the President's Cup

HerdBot
11-16-2011, 01:24 AM

Is there a CBS affiliate out west?

WestDak
11-16-2011, 01:42 AM
Is there a CBS affiliate out west?

Yes, but different owners. KXJB and KVLY are run by the same people (which is dumb in my opinion, but that is a different subject).
CBS in western North Dakota has seperate owners from the NBC stations.

I think they can pre-empt NBC programming only so many times a year, so they have to watch how often they do that.

WestDak
11-16-2011, 01:47 AM

Grand Forks may "mooch" but they are forced to by Fargo stations that try to cover that whole part of the state with just one station in a couple cases, or try to cover all news through Fargo. Minot has more stations and more local news sources than Grand Forks, which I don't think makes sense.

Bisonguy
11-16-2011, 02:47 AM
Aren't the WIU home games basically a student production, or was that another school?

Wally
11-16-2011, 02:47 AM
Aren't the WIU home games basically a student production, or was that another school?

It is a student production at wiu

roadwarrior
11-16-2011, 02:48 AM

Yep, and they are about the only students that attend games there too.

HerdBot
11-16-2011, 01:35 PM

Hammer is a way better announcer but their cameras are better.

TransAmBison
11-16-2011, 01:45 PM
Hammer is a way better announcer but their cameras are better.A brain hungry zombie who would just moan and grunt excitedly whenever he thought some would run close by would be a better announcer than Hammer. Speaking of Pat Sweeny...

coloradobison
11-16-2011, 02:33 PM

I saw a WIU clipping announcing students get in free for the game this weekend - apparently that probably won't matter too much.

HandoEX
11-16-2011, 02:43 PM
I watched the 2009 WIU game from Macomb on DVR a few weeks ago. The announcers were just about the worst I've ever seen. In the last three minutes of the game, they called Craig Bohl the following...

Greg Royal
Craig Boil
Craig Royal
Craig Roll
Craig Bell

Expect the absolute worst announcers in sports, well besides Dan Hammer, obviously.

go_bison
11-16-2011, 02:55 PM
Radio it is then... and I'm OK with that. Scotty and Phil do it the best.