PDA

View Full Version : MVFC: Who would get in?

HandoEX
11-14-2011, 01:11 AM
Let's say NDSU, Illinois State, Indiana State, and YSU all win...

NDSU would be 10-1
UNI would be 8-3
Ill St winner would be 8-3
All three above would make the playoffs.

Indiana State 7-4 with an FBS blowout win
YSU would be 7-4 with a win over a seeded FCS team

ISUr could need a win to make it to the playoffs, imo. Would they get in over ISUb or YSU if all went 7-4? Are 5 MVFC teams even a remote possibility?

Will be a wild weekend to close out the season!

squarepeg
11-14-2011, 01:32 AM
There's too many playoff teams as it is. The Bison earned it, the middle of the pack teams can stay home.

tjbison
11-14-2011, 01:48 AM
There's too many playoff teams as it is. The Bison earned it, the middle of the pack teams can stay home.

Did you have this attitude last year?????

letsgoguins
11-14-2011, 02:55 AM
Here is the breakdown one of our writers just published regarding the potential three 7-4 MVFC teams we could see next week:
http://letsgoguins.com/fan-blog/427-fan-blog-penguins-back-in-playoff-picture

HandoEX
11-14-2011, 03:20 AM
Here is the breakdown one of our writers just published regarding the potential three 7-4 MVFC teams we could see next week:
http://letsgoguins.com/fan-blog/427-fan-blog-penguins-back-in-playoff-picture
Good stuff, thanks!

ndsubison1
11-14-2011, 05:10 AM
Illinois state is in if they win next weekend

HandoEX
11-15-2011, 03:55 PM
ISUr
8-3 or 7-4
Last game against UNI
In if they win, possibly out if they lose
Quality Wins: Indiana State
Losses: Eastern Illinois, YSU, NDSU

ISUb
7-4 or 6-5
Last game against SIU
Possibly in if they win, out if they lose.
Quality Wins: Western Kentucky, YSU
Losses: Penn State, UNI, ISUr, NDSU

YSU
7-4 or 6-5
Last game against Mo St
Quality Wins: NDSU, ISUr
Losses: Michigan State, UNI, ISUr, SDSU

If all three of those teams went 7-4, I'd put ISUb in the playoff field first, YSU in second, and leave ISUr on the outside looking in. ISUr has a really bad loss (Eastern Illinois) and would have only one quality win. YSU's home loss to SDSU is harmful but their wins over NDSU and ISUr are pretty decent. ISUb has an FBS blowout win and would have no bad losses at all.

My prediction is NDSU, UNI, YSU and ISUb all make the field with ISUr left out.

Strommer10
11-15-2011, 05:06 PM
ISUr
8-3 or 7-4
Last game against UNI

ISUb
7-4 or 6-5
Last game against SIU

YSU
7-4 or 6-5
Last game against Mo St

If all three of those teams went 7-4, I'd put ISUb in the playoff field first, YSU in second, and leave ISUr on the outside looking in. ISUr has a really bad loss (Eastern Illinois) and would have only one quality win. YSU's home loss to SDSU is harmful but their wins over NDSU and ISUr are pretty decent. ISUb has an FBS blowout win and would have no bad losses at all.

If they were all to be 7-4, I would agree with this. But DON'T count out ISUr at home against UNI this weekend... I have a feeling of an upset if Rennie still can't play.

If ISUr was to be 8-3, I would put in:
NDSU, UNI, ISUr, & YSU.

ISUb has one good win against possibly the worst FBS team, but nothing else. YSU beat the #1 team on the road and another top 25 team in ISUr. It's a tough decision and I'm glad I don't have to make it.

tjbison
11-15-2011, 09:02 PM
If they were all to be 7-4, I would agree with this. But DON'T count out ISUr at home against UNI this weekend... I have a feeling of an upset if Rennie still can't play.

NDSU, UNI, ISUr, & YSU.

ISUb has one good win against possibly the worst FBS team, but nothing else. YSU beat the #1 team on the road and another top 25 team in ISUr. It's a tough decision and I'm glad I don't have to make it.

Pretty sure Rennie is back, still think the Redbirds will take it in a really close game, maybe comes down to the final drive

BisonNeil
11-15-2011, 09:25 PM
ISUr
8-3 or 7-4
Last game against UNI

ISUb
7-4 or 6-5
Last game against SIU

YSU
7-4 or 6-5
Last game against Mo St

You think unranked/#20 ISUb is in if they win over a shitty team like SIU but #14 ISUr is out if they lose to #4 UNI? I don't buy it.

Hambone
11-15-2011, 09:32 PM

NDSU, UNI, ISUr, & YSU.

I think WKU has actually had a very good year this year compared to previous. What are they, 5-1 in conference play or something like that?

HandoEX
11-15-2011, 09:43 PM
You think unranked/#20 ISUb is in if they win over a shitty team like SIU but #14 ISUr is out if they lose to #4 UNI? I don't buy it.
If both teams finish with four losses, tell me how ISUr is better than ISUb in any way.

I don't see how anyone can see the polls as credible. It is FACT the rankings are ridiculous.

tony
11-15-2011, 09:44 PM
I think WKU has actually had a very good year this year compared to previous. What are they, 5-1 in conference play or something like that?

Yeah, WKU is not doing so badly... however, I think NDSU would win that conference by two games.

ndsubison1
11-15-2011, 11:04 PM

NDSU, UNI, ISUr, & YSU.

WKU is 2nd in the Sunbelt right now for what it's worth

Bisonwinagn
11-16-2011, 12:55 AM
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/entry.php?195-Nov.-15-GPI-Playoff-Projections

Based on the GPI all Five are in. Of course there is still a week to play and teams can still play their way out including Wofford who would only have 6 D1 wins if they lose to Chattanooga.

HerdBot
11-16-2011, 02:02 AM
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/entry.php?195-Nov.-15-GPI-Playoff-Projections

Based on the GPI all Five are in. Of course there is still a week to play and teams can still play their way out including Wofford who would only have 6 D1 wins if they lose to Chattanooga.

You beat me to it. More important the Bison are #1

tony
11-16-2011, 03:53 AM
I'd hate to make the call... not much difference between #1 and #5 in the MVFC.

BlueBisonRock
11-16-2011, 03:58 AM
I'd hate to make the call... not much difference between #1 and #5 in the MVFC.

6-1, 6-1, 5-2, 4-3, 4-3

Looks like a two game difference to me..... ? :)

bisoningrandforks
11-16-2011, 03:21 PM
someone on AGS board said the selection show for the playoffs is on ESPNU on sun 11-20 10:00 am (eastern?)

BisonNeil
11-16-2011, 05:46 PM
Yes and Yes.

http://espn.go.com/espntv/onair/index?start=11-20-11-7:00-AM

CAS4127
11-16-2011, 05:48 PM
Yes and Yes.

http://espn.go.com/espntv/onair/index?start=11-20-11-7:00-AM

I expect my fellow BV'ers to give me pick-by-pick updates right here, as I don't get ESPNU.

Also, was just thinking . . . . it seems like the PO's came up on us in a hurry, at least for me!!

tony
11-16-2011, 05:54 PM
I expect my fellow BV'ers to give me pick-by-pick updates right here, as I don't get ESPNU.

Also, was just thinking . . . . it seems like the PO's came up on us in a hurry, at least for me!!

Same here. Hard to believe that the playoff selection show is on in less than 100 hours.

Probably seems the same way for all the seniors... except * 100.

HerdBot
11-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Let's say NDSU, Illinois State, Indiana State, and YSU all win...

NDSU would be 10-1
UNI would be 8-3
Ill St winner would be 8-3
All three above would make the playoffs.

Indiana State 7-4 with an FBS blowout win
YSU would be 7-4 with a win over a seeded FCS team

ISUr could need a win to make it to the playoffs, imo. Would they get in over ISUb or YSU if all went 7-4? Are 5 MVFC teams even a remote possibility?

Will be a wild weekend to close out the season!

Tough call. Call it a gut feeling but I think Youngstown gets in over Indiana State. No facts. Just gut feeling.

NDSU UNI ISUR YSU
ISUb just misses
Its possible we could see 5. Crazy since SIU sucks.

bisonsupporter
11-16-2011, 09:01 PM
Would they take 5 MVFC teams? NDSU, UNI, ISUr, ISUb, YSU and drop Wofford if they lose?
Very Possible ISUr, ISUb, YSU, and Wofford all end with 7-4 records.

TransAmBison
11-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Would they take 5 MVFC teams? NDSU, UNI, ISUr, ISUb, YSU and drop Wofford if they lose?
Very Possible ISUr, ISUb, YSU, and Wofford all end with 7-4 records.I cannot see the possibility of 5. Four is tough enough to sell.

NDSUstudent
11-16-2011, 09:06 PM
Five is unlikely(too many things need to happen), four will happen.

bisonsupporter
11-16-2011, 09:08 PM
Posted this on another thread:

Bubble Teams all could be at 7-4 after this weekend
Illinois St- W- Indiana St. L- Youngstown St
Indiana St- W- Youngstown St, Western Kentucky L- Illinois St
Youngstown St- W-NDSU, Illinois St L- Indiana St
New Hampshire- W Lehigh, James Madison L- No one in bubble contention
James Madison- W- Liberty L-New Hampshire
Furman- W- Wofford, App St, Florida L- No one in bubble contention
Wofford- W-App St L- Furman
App St- W- Georgia Southern L-Furman, Wofford

What a list to choose from....

CAS4127
11-16-2011, 09:09 PM
I cannot see the possibility of 5. Four is tough enough to sell.

Wow, pretty myopic perspective if you can't even see "the possibility" of it happening. It's one thing to not seeing it happen, but not even seeing the possibility??!!!:biggrin:

TransAmBison
11-16-2011, 09:24 PM
Wow, pretty myopic perspective if you can't even see "the possibility" of it happening. It's one thing to not seeing it happen, but not even seeing the possibility??!!!:biggrin:I stand by the statement...I don't even see the possibility.

gotts
11-16-2011, 10:28 PM
I stand by the statement...I don't even see the possibility.

Take off your green and gold glasses then!

Hey, is that SD over there?

ndsubison1
11-18-2011, 07:19 PM
this is all my opinion (which is also expert analysis) but if YSU wins this weekend they should be in. a win over #1 NDSU is worthy enough to get them in. no way we get 5 teams in but i think the MVC deserves 4. if Illinois St. loses and Indiana St. wins, I still think you take Indiana St over Ill St., even though Illinois St. beat them. it doesnt always come down to who beat who. Ind St. has a better resume. handling WKU who's 2nd in the Sun Belt and beating YSU. they also played Penn St., which bolsters their SOS. assuming Ill St. loses, their best win is Indiana St. OOC sched. consisted of Morehead St., USD, and EIU- who they lost to.

HandoEX
11-19-2011, 09:20 PM
Wow, three valley teams just had to win and they'd be in the playoff field (most likely) and all three lost!!! NDSU-UNI-ISUr will make the field!

semobison
11-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Sombody should have told Youngstown and Indiania State that there are no gimmes in the Valley!

Strommer10
11-19-2011, 09:33 PM
Wow, three valley teams just had to win and they'd be in the playoff field (most likely) and all three lost!!! NDSU-UNI-ISUr will make the field!
We go from a possiblity of 5 teams in, to 3 in a couple hours. I definitely think ISUr deserves to get in.

BisoninNWMN
11-19-2011, 09:35 PM
We go from a possiblity of 5 teams in, to 3 in a couple hours. I definitely think ISUr deserves to get in.

Would a 7-4 Illinois State team get in before a 7-4 James Madison team??

This could be interesting tomorrow.

bisonmonster
11-19-2011, 09:54 PM
ISUr should be in, ISUb and YSU is probably out.

NDSUstudent
11-19-2011, 09:55 PM
Would a 7-4 Illinois State team get in before a 7-4 James Madison team??

This could be interesting tomorrow.

Both are in...

ndsubison1
11-19-2011, 09:59 PM
theres less bubble teams this season then last year

Strommer10
11-19-2011, 10:00 PM
Both are in...
After looking for possible playoff teams, I have them both in as well.

DjKyRo
11-19-2011, 10:57 PM
Courtesy of TypicalTribe over on AGS.com, with a lack of a really deep at-large field this looks to be the Field of Twenty:

MSu
Montana
GSU
ASU
Wofford
Towson
UNH
Maine
ODU
JMU
SHSU
C. Arkansas