PDA

View Full Version : Crowd Disappointing

Bison8er
11-13-2011, 12:29 AM
Was at game today and not at all impressed with crowd. No where near UNI game.

Twentysix
11-13-2011, 12:44 AM
Section 17 was watching a movie. No standing except for the first 10 rows or so.

semobison
11-13-2011, 12:46 AM
It wasnt the crowd, it was the defense!

Strommer10
11-13-2011, 12:48 AM
Yea it's hard to get up if your defense continues to give up big plays. The defense finally showed up in the 4th, but it was too late.

DjKyRo
11-13-2011, 12:55 AM
One thing I will say is that the wall of noise that hit me in the fourth on one of those big stops was louder than anything I heard at UNI. That said, crowd was still very subdued throughout and all but the bottom layer of students were sitting and just standing around with arms folded. Not cool.

devin45k
11-13-2011, 01:04 AM
The quiet conservative people were very quiet and conservative today

semobison
11-13-2011, 01:15 AM
Yea it's hard to get up if your defense continues to give up big plays. The defense finally showed up in the 4th, but it was too late.

It wasnt big plays, it was long sustained drives! Our D was on the field over 37 minutes giving up 24 first downs and 451 yards! That will definately quiet any home crowd down. Time of possession 37+ minutes to 22 minutes!!

Strommer10
11-13-2011, 01:20 AM
It wasnt big plays, it was long sustained drives! Our D was on the field over 37 minutes giving up 24 first downs and 451 yards! That will definately quiet any home crowd down. Time of possession 37+ minutes to 22 minutes!!
Fair point, I'll reword it: Our defense couldn't stop them when we needed to. They are a good offense and I give them credit.

stevdock
11-13-2011, 01:56 AM
I completely agree with this and couldn't be more irritated with the East side minus the furthest south section. They seemed to be up ALL THE TIME. The rest of the east side was horrible. My tickets were the top row of section 1 and our party of 4 was louder than the whole east side most of the game. Just absolutely ridiculous. I know the players win/lose games but fans can influence games and our FANS SUCKED TONIGHT.

North Side
11-13-2011, 01:58 AM
agreed there wasn't much to stand up for

godhateswalmart
11-13-2011, 02:03 AM
Saw a guy playing solataire on his phone and well over 1000+ fans left at halftime

stevdock
11-13-2011, 02:04 AM
agreed there wasn't much to stand up for

Doesn't mean you don't stand and cheer though. Vikings fans are still loud in the dome and they were eliminated from this years playoffs last season.

Strommer10
11-13-2011, 02:07 AM
Saw a guy playing solataire on his phone and well over 1000+ fans left at halftime

:facepalm:

Grizzled
11-13-2011, 02:13 AM
I agree with thoughts on the crowd. People leaving, sitting around. Brother-in-law couldn't make the game today but said that the shots they showed on tv had a lot of blue seats. Disappointing for our seniors last regular season home game.

BisonTeacher
11-13-2011, 02:16 AM
I agree with thoughts on the crowd. People leaving, sitting around. Brother-in-law couldn't make the game today but said that the shots they showed on tv had a lot of blue seats. Disappointing for our seniors last regular season home game.

We noticed the same thing...which btw..if we ever do build a new stadium...hopefully they make the seats school colors.

semobison
11-13-2011, 02:16 AM
I completely agree with this and couldn't be more irritated with the East side minus the furthest south section. They seemed to be up ALL THE TIME. The rest of the east side was horrible. My tickets were the top row of section 1 and our party of 4 was louder than the whole east side most of the game. Just absolutely ridiculous. I know the players win/lose games but fans can influence games and our FANS SUCKED TONIGHT.

Not as bad as our defense!

perthbison
11-13-2011, 02:17 AM
[QUOTE=godhateswalmart;555014 well over 1000+ fans left at halftime[/QUOTE]I've noticed this at other games, even north iowa. I'm wondering if people leave to gather in front of a TV so they can drink beer during the second half. Not sure if that is it but something makes a noticable segment leave at halftime no matter how the game is going.:confused::confused:

Twentysix
11-13-2011, 02:39 AM
I've noticed this at other games, even north iowa. I'm wondering if people leave to gather in front of a TV so they can drink beer during the second half. Not sure if that is it but something makes a noticable segment leave at halftime no matter how the game is going.:confused::confused:

I think beat the traffic is the running idea.

perthbison
11-13-2011, 02:43 AM
I think beat the traffic is the running idea.

maybe, but why fight the crowd and traffic to go there if youre going to watch only half of the game. Doesn't add up to me.

BisonTeacher
11-13-2011, 02:56 AM
maybe, but why fight the crowd and traffic to go there if youre going to watch only half of the game. Doesn't add up to me.

Ive done it at the gopher game...but thats cuz we suck and are usually losing. Don't understand leaving if you are winning...

Twentysix
11-13-2011, 03:03 AM
Ive done it at the gopher game...but thats cuz we suck and are usually losing. Don't understand leaving if you are winning...

I dont understand it either way winning or losing..... did you not come to the game to watch a football game? Do you not support the team you are watching?

jimmyptubas
11-13-2011, 03:14 AM
I vowed never to leave early because i know the first time I do it will be a "cal poly 07'" esqe ending.

Twentysix
11-13-2011, 03:22 AM
When I was young my dad took me to some Yankees twins games and some Nuggets lakers/jazz games. He taught me at a young age if you go to a game... stay the whole time.

Strommer10
11-13-2011, 06:55 AM
When I was young my dad took me to some Yankees twins games and some Nuggets lakers/jazz games. He taught me at a young age if you go to a game... stay the whole time.
That's a good lesson to learn. One that everyone should learn. I only understand if the game is out of hand.

BisonTeacher
11-13-2011, 12:36 PM
I dont understand it either way winning or losing..... did you not come to the game to watch a football game? Do you not support the team you are watching?

We do yes. But when you are getting killed by halftime every week.... after a while it gets hard to take. Some of the Brewster games in particular were hard to watch.

I only understand if the game is out of hand.

They usually are. Plus...I would rather get home early and watch the bison. ;-)