PDA

View Full Version : This team is gonna take all its frustration out on WIU - Expect something like 56-3

TheBisonator
11-12-2011, 11:04 PM
You can count on it. I would NOT want to be WIU right now.

bisonmike2
11-12-2011, 11:08 PM
It's a road game in the MVFC. Something we're not historically great at. I'm guessing it's going to be alot closer.

TheBisonator
11-12-2011, 11:09 PM
It's a road game in the MVFC. Something we're not historically great at. I'm guessing it's going to be alot closer.

WIU has been blown out at home in conference on a couple occasions so far this season. I WOULD count on us beating them badly.

duluthbison
11-12-2011, 11:10 PM
You can count on it. I would NOT want to be WIU right now.

I don't know man, the team has seemed to get a little worse each week. I would really like to know what the hell happened tonight.

TheBisonator
11-12-2011, 11:11 PM
I don't know man, the team has seemed to get a little worse each week. I would really like to know what the hell happened tonight.

A LITTLE WORSE EACH WEEK?? We beat the next two best teams in the conference the past two weeks by 8 and 11 points. How were we getting worse before today???

daddy daycare
11-12-2011, 11:11 PM
You expect vigen to get them past 35?

TheBisonator
11-12-2011, 11:12 PM
Fine. I'll be the only one looking forward with a positive outlook. All the rest of you can wallow in your own self-pity.

bisonmike2
11-12-2011, 11:17 PM
You expect vigen to get them past 35?

WIU is horrible against the run this year. So I'm expecting about 50 pass plays.

Bisonguy
11-12-2011, 11:22 PM
WIU is horrible against the run this year. So I'm expecting about 50 pass plays.

Hopefully really, really slow developing play-action pass plays.

bisonmike2
11-12-2011, 11:25 PM
Hopefully really, really slow developing play-action pass plays.
and our only run plays will be draws out of the shotgun.:)

Grizzled
11-12-2011, 11:37 PM
WIU has been blown out at home in conference on a couple occasions so far this season. I WOULD count on us beating them badly.

So did Missouri St. last year.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-12-2011, 11:40 PM

This.......

bisonmike2
11-12-2011, 11:41 PM

goddamn it so. just when I was starting to calm down you had to go and do that. Last year it was the playoffs on the line and we choked. This year it's the MVFC title on the line and we.....I don't trust our team at all. I can't. I'm taking nothing for granted.

Twentysix
11-12-2011, 11:41 PM

Bullshit Missouri state won every single home game last year dont be a moron

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2623/year/2010/missouri-state-bears

vs EKU 31-9 W

vs YSU 35-25 W

vs WIU 31-28 W

vs SIU 51-41 W

vs NDSU 3-0 W

Grizzled
11-12-2011, 11:46 PM

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2623/year/2010/missouri-state-bears

vs EKU 31-9 W

vs YSU 35-25 W

vs WIU 31-28 W

vs SIU 51-41 W

vs NDSU 3-0 W

Don't be a moron? Eat shit.

So your telling me Missouri St. was a good team last year? Everyone thought the same thing going down there. Every fan down there thought the same thing and it was a long drive home. You don't take anything for granted in this league.

bisonmike2
11-12-2011, 11:46 PM

vs EKU 31-9 W

vs YSU 35-25 W

vs WIU 31-28 W

vs SIU 51-41 W

vs NDSU 3-0 W

They were the worst defensive team in the conference and we managed a big fat 0 points. The point is, it was an incredible winnable game for us and we choked. Sort of like todays game, sort of like next weeks.

TheBisonator
11-12-2011, 11:49 PM
2010 Missouri State >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2011 Western Illinois

Twentysix
11-12-2011, 11:50 PM
Don't be a moron? Eat shit.

So your telling me Missouri St. was a good team last year? Everyone thought the same thing going down there. Every fan down there thought the same thing and it was a long drive home. You don't take anything for granted in this league.

You said they were blown out in every game at home.. They won everysingle game at home last year.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-12-2011, 11:51 PM
2010 Missouri State >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2011 Western Illinois

Doesn't matter. We can't take any team for granted in this league.

If we remember that we'll be fine.

NDSUstudent
Show the team the MSU film from last year, that should be more than enough motivation to kick WIU's ass.

bisonmike2
I'm not saying, I'm just saying. Got to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. If we play like we did today we could easily get beat. It's the MVFC.

Wally
11-12-2011, 11:52 PM
Show the team the MSU film from last year, if that should be more than enough motivation to kick WIU's ass.

I thought an auto bid for the playoffs, at least a share of conf title and homefield would have been enough today...i guess not

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-12-2011, 11:53 PM
Show the team the MSU film from last year, that should be more than enough motivation to kick WIU's ass.

I think this loss should be enough motivation, but it can't hurt.

North Side
11-12-2011, 11:53 PM
will M will play vs WIU he was limping around out there towards the end of the game

games vs western always seem like a black and blue 2 grind out game... but I hope its not the case this time

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-12-2011, 11:54 PM
I thought an auto bid for the playoffs, at least a share of conf title and homefield would have been enough today...i guess not

Yeah, but they needed the win more than us, just saying.

Grizzled
11-12-2011, 11:58 PM
You said they were blown out in every game at home.. They won everysingle game at home last year.

Sorry I didn't go google their schedule before I posted. Last year, we went on the road, needed a win against a below average team and didn't get it. This year, in order to get a few home playoff games and a share of the conference title we go on the road and need a win against a below average team............see any similarities there? Than add to it that before the game in Missouri last year I was talking with fans and we all thought we were going to blow them out, maybe someone even said like 56-3..... See any similarities there?

Plus I doubt Western has gotten beat by 53 at home. Now you can go and proof read this and check all the facts.. You obvisouly have a little more time than I have.

TheBisonator
11-13-2011, 12:00 AM
Sorry I didn't go google their schedule before I posted. Last year, we went on the road, needed a win against a below average team and didn't get it. This year, in order to get a few home playoff games and a share of the conference title we go on the road and need a win against a below average team............see any similarities there? Than add to it that before the game in Missouri last year I was talking with fans and we all thought we were going to blow them out, maybe someone even said like 56-3..... See any similarities there?

Plus I doubt Western has gotten beat by 53 at home. Now you can go and proof read this and check all the facts.. You obvisouly have a little more time than I have.

One-win Missouri State beat them by two TD's and the Bunnies beat them by 20.

I was wrong, their blowout losses were on the road.

Anyone who thinks we have a chance at losing next week needs to down a few Xanax.

Twentysix
11-13-2011, 12:03 AM

It was surely a shit show in springfield last year... but their is quite a bit of difference between this years WIU and last years MSU.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/2710/western-illinois-leathernecks

You can refer to a previous post for MSU's 2010 schedule and results.

You should also note that Jacksonville is complete garbage from the PFL. And SIU isnt great this year.

DjKyRo
11-13-2011, 01:11 AM
I hope Ojuri carries it 35 times for 400 yards and eight touchdowns.

semobison
11-13-2011, 01:38 AM
One-win Missouri State beat them by two TD's and the Bunnies beat them by 20.

I was wrong, their blowout losses were on the road.

Anyone who thinks we have a chance at losing next week needs to down a few Xanax.

You know, I would think our fans would know a little more about the Valley by now! There are NO gimmes! I agree we should win next week, but after losing and giving up 24 first downs, 450 yards and having having a 3-3 team dominate in time of possession 37 minutes to 22 minutes, makes me think we need to do a little more than just show up next week!

Twentysix
11-13-2011, 01:41 AM
I hope Ojuri carries it 35 times for 400 yards and eight touchdowns.

Im in!

herdmember
11-13-2011, 12:03 PM
I'll be there! Any suggestions on what section to buy tickets in to be surrounded by NDSU fans? Also, how many teams get a first round bye?

BisonNeil
11-13-2011, 02:14 PM
I don't care about the Missouri State vs Western Illinois comparisons. What I do care about are tendencies, especially historical ones, and Bohl sucks coaching the last game of the season, for whatever reason. As I posted last night, he is 3-5 in the last regular season game and is on a four game losing streak, the last two losses to teams with a losing record. This senior team has NOT won the last regular season game in their career. Probabilities are against this team winning the conference.

BisoninNWMN
11-13-2011, 02:16 PM
I don't care about the Missouri State vs Western Illinois comparisons. What I do care about are tendencies, especially historical ones, and Bohl sucks coaching the last game of the season, for whatever reason. As I posted last night, he is 3-5 in the last regular season game and is on a four game losing streak, the last two losses to teams with a losing record. This senior team has NOT won the last regular season game in their career. Probabilities are against this team winning the conference.

Well, if we do not beat WIU then we deserve to play in the 1st round.

With what is on the line, the Bison better come out and take care of business against the 'necks.

Tatanka
11-13-2011, 05:31 PM
I'm betting weather will be a factor on Saturday. Current outlook is for rain. Fortunately they got artificial turf this year and it won't be a complete kitty litter bowl.

WYOBISONMAN
11-13-2011, 05:49 PM
This team and Vigen better get its collective shit together or we are going to be playing in the opening round of the playoffs rather that enjoying a first round bye. There are some real issues that can short circuit the drive to the championship. Folks......we have a good team but....we got nothing to be cocky about.

DjKyRo
11-13-2011, 06:05 PM
This team and Vigen better get its collective shit together or we are going to be playing in the opening round of the playoffs rather that enjoying a first round bye. There are some real issues that can short circuit the drive to the championship. Folks......we have a good team but....we got nothing to be cocky about.

I'll bet you a Grain Belt Nordeast (recently tried it for the first time and it was pretty good) that regardless of the outcome of the WIU game we get the first round bye. Resume to this point is too good to be lumped in with the Big South autobid and 7-4 teams limping in.

WYOBISONMAN
11-13-2011, 10:11 PM
I'll bet you a Grain Belt Nordeast (recently tried it for the first time and it was pretty good) that regardless of the outcome of the WIU game we get the first round bye. Resume to this point is too good to be lumped in with the Big South autobid and 7-4 teams limping in.

I hope you are right........I am just a pissed off old alumnus after yesterday.... ;)

unbison
11-13-2011, 10:18 PM
what bowl are you guys saying we gonna be in?

CaBisonFan
11-13-2011, 10:20 PM
I'm beginning to see the reasoning behind scheduling a soft nonconference game about this time of year.

We need recovery...both mentally & physically. The team...and us.

DjKyRo
11-13-2011, 11:01 PM
I hope you are right........I am just a pissed off old alumnus after yesterday.... ;)

Lucky for us irritable fans don't dictate how the rest of the nation performs. We've played well enough to this point to offset an unranked loss, at least enough to not dismantle our season. Win at WIU and we're still positioned very well in the playoffs.

westnodak93bison
11-13-2011, 11:29 PM
We need to play to our potential and win going away. They handled us easily at home last year so that along with playoff seeding should be enough incentive to get the job done imho.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-13-2011, 11:32 PM
I'm beginning to see the reasoning behind scheduling a soft nonconference game about this time of year.

We need recovery...both mentally & physically. The team...and us.

No, we just needed a wake-up call.

godhateswalmart
11-13-2011, 11:35 PM
W I U is a miserable team, play the back up's. They can beat them. The starters don't deserve to play because of their 2nd half effort yesterday.

344Johnson
11-13-2011, 11:54 PM
W I U is a miserable team, play the back up's. They can beat them. The starters don't deserve to play because of their 2nd half effort yesterday.

Maybe since the defense had a good last couple of series they should be allowed to have a couple of quarters.

WYOBISONMAN
11-13-2011, 11:57 PM

The Bison have to play to win and they need the best players on the field. This is hardly the time to be petty and sit the starters in the corner......geez......

godhateswalmart
11-14-2011, 12:11 AM
wyo , it'd be punishment for them, not to let them "sit pretty"

mgbison
11-14-2011, 12:40 AM
It's one thing to be negative when the team is 3-8, but we lost one fricking game. We will be fine.

bisonbills
11-14-2011, 12:43 AM
wyo , it'd be punishment for them, not to let them "sit pretty"

He said petty not pretty.

squarepeg
11-14-2011, 01:05 AM
The Bison have to play to win and they need the best players on the field. This is hardly the time to be petty and sit the starters in the corner......geez......

Sit the starters at halftime after we're up 30.

godhateswalmart
11-14-2011, 01:27 AM
as commonman says bisonbills weighs in at 85lbs Fish On!

coloradobison
11-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Per Izzo Twitter - Vraa out again for WIU, should be back for playoffs.

Bison03
11-14-2011, 08:41 PM
WIU is a bad team. They have 2 wins. Missouri states only wi is against them. I know that you can't take any team in the valley for granted, obviously after Saturday's loss. We have the same things on the line as last week; conference title, first round bye, and being seeded in the playoffs. I hope the loss put a fire in our team that they might not have had. Heard some players post game interviews and some were saying they realize more now that you have to play hard every snap and I think they were brought down to earth a little. I hope Bohl has them playing this game like it is playoff game. I essentially is when you think about it. If we somehow lose, we risk having to play the first round. Let's just take care of business. Once the playoffs start, everyone is 0-0 and have shot at winning it all. We will need to play our best from early December to hopefully early January.

tony
11-14-2011, 09:09 PM
I like our team a lot but nothing is certain.

Missouri State was a bad team last year and NDSU had everything to play for...

Herd80
11-14-2011, 09:27 PM
I like our team a lot but nothing is certain.

Missouri State was a bad team last year and NDSU had everything to play for...

Which is why some of us distrust this year's team just a bit.

I believe (strongly) that what must happen is: we beat WIU convincingly. By three TD's minimum. This proves to anybody watching (including our fan base) that the last game was the proverbial blip on the screen, and gives the slim chance of elevating us back up to the 1-2 seed area. I say slim intentionally; I don't the think that FCS regards NDSU with much respect for a number of reasons including but not limited to longevity. We need a REALLY strong showing this week, for a whole bunch of reasons.

WYOBISONMAN
11-15-2011, 05:08 AM
Vigen better reflect on the past failures.........

CAS4127
11-15-2011, 05:14 AM
Vigen better reflect on the past failures.........

Blasphemy--u must live in Wyoming!! This is Bison Football!! Go Joe--Chapman that is!!

MacMiller
11-15-2011, 06:10 AM
I GOT NDSU WINNING 42-0 ha ha SPECTACULAR

westnodak93bison
11-15-2011, 09:11 AM
Which is why some of us distrust this year's team just a bit.

I believe (strongly) that what must happen is: we beat WIU convincingly. By three TD's minimum. This proves to anybody watching (including our fan base) that the last game was the proverbial blip on the screen, and gives the slim chance of elevating us back up to the 1-2 seed area. I say slim intentionally; I don't the think that FCS regards NDSU with much respect for a number of reasons including but not limited to longevity. We need a REALLY strong showing this week, for a whole bunch of reasons.

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?675-North-Dakota-State-Stays-on-Top-of-the-2011-Gridiron-Power-Index-%28GPI%29