PDA

View Full Version : Conference Title Question

KTF
11-12-2011, 01:45 AM
Too lazy to look up the MVFC standings, can NDSU win the title outright tommorow by beating YSU or would it take help by whoever UNI plays?

tony
11-12-2011, 01:47 AM
Too lazy to look up the MVFC standings, can NDSU win the title outright tommorow by beating YSU or would it take help by whoever UNI plays?

NDSU can't win the title outright tomorrow. UNI doesn't play a conference game tomorrow.

BFKasper14
11-12-2011, 01:55 AM
They will get the autobid to the playoffs though (even though they were going anyway...) I still think that the "sharing the conference championship" thing is a bunch of crap. But if we beat YSU and Western Ill., we won't have to worry about it! I just think that since we beat UNI, we should have the tiebreaker for "Conference Champions."

DjKyRo
11-12-2011, 01:59 AM
Long story short, yes, if we win tomorrow we clinch the conference autobid. We do not clinch an outright conference championship, but presuming we lose at WIU, we split the conference title with either Illinois State or UNI (who play each other in the final week). We beat both of them so we get the autobid but share the conference crown if we beat YSU and lose to WIU.

CaBisonFan
11-12-2011, 02:06 AM
We'll win out and won't have to worry about it.

DjKyRo
11-12-2011, 02:19 AM
We'll win out and won't have to worry about it.

That works too.

Strommer10
11-12-2011, 04:29 AM
One game at a time. Tomorrow's game is a MUST win for us to keep playoff games in the Dome. Take care of business and leave no doubt!

90 BISON
11-12-2011, 06:30 AM
We all agree with this, however the quicker we wrap up the title the better. What is comes down to is what your definition of the conference title is.

godhateswalmart
11-12-2011, 06:36 AM
Win tomorrow and ndsu is champs. Even if they lose to wiu, they have tiebreaker over uni.
Just win baby

Twentysix
11-12-2011, 06:43 AM
Win tomorrow and ndsu is champs. Even if they lose to wiu, they have tiebreaker over uni.
Just win baby

Co champ.

Tiebreakers are only used for the autobid.

I find it interesting that everything must be repeated 120000 times on this website.

Twentysix
11-12-2011, 06:45 AM
Long story short, yes, if we win tomorrow we clinch the conference autobid. We do not clinch an outright conference championship, but presuming we lose at WIU, we split the conference title with either Illinois State or UNI (who play each other in the final week). We beat both of them so we get the autobid but share the conference crown if we beat YSU and lose to WIU.

Illinois state is 5-2 in conference 7-3 overall, we would have to lose both games to be discussing this. They did not play an FBS team, I can see how that can trip people up.

L YSU L NDSU L EIU