PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay / Creighton

roadwarrior
11-07-2011, 05:56 PM
The women's basketball team has a couple of good opponents coming to the BSA this weekend:

Fri Nov 11 - 730pm - Green Bay
Sun Nov 13 - 2pm - Creighton

Elephants Dream?
11-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Some moron scheduled VB and WBB at the same time.
7 & 7:30
IMO, that person should be shot!

aces1180
11-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Some moron scheduled VB and WBB at the same time.
7 & 7:30
IMO, that person should be shot!

Lynn Dorn??

Actually, my guess is the coaches (or their staff) do their own scheduling, no?

roadwarrior
11-07-2011, 07:37 PM
The basketball coaches do their own non conference scheduling. The volleyball match was scheduled by the Summit League.

The BSA is booked saturday for the Bison Open wrestling tournament, so that day was out. Maybe it was the only date that matched up for Green Bay, especially with their game booked in GF.

Ferd
11-07-2011, 07:46 PM
The basketball coaches do their own non conference scheduling. The volleyball match was scheduled by the Summit League.

The BSA is booked saturday for the Bison Open wrestling tournament, so that day was out. Maybe it was the only date that matched up for Green Bay, especially with their game booked in GF.
That Roebuck forgot about?

BlueKeyAlum
11-07-2011, 08:18 PM
That Roebuck forgot about?

Yep...that game. I don't know why we couldn't move the game to the next day, once the UWGB-UND matchup was dropped.

roadwarrior
11-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Yep...that game. I don't know why we couldn't move the game to the next day, once the UWGB-UND matchup was dropped.

We have a game sunday afternoon also. Besides the BSA is booked on saturday as I stated above.

godhateswalmart
11-09-2011, 02:50 AM
Im a big womens bball fan, I dont see why we cant beat these 2 teams. We have a full roster now full of D1 recruits, correct?
Im excited for the season and its a shame katie birkel cant play but cmon people 1 girl cant lose a season for us , its the strength of the herd.
tails up in the air lets go beat these teams.

BlueKeyAlum
11-09-2011, 03:09 PM
UW Green Bay is a force. Go out and watch them if you want to see a good team play in a good system. They're a lot like SdSU's teams a few year back.

Elephants Dream?
11-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Im a big womens bball fan, I dont see why we cant beat these 2 teams. We have a full roster now full of D1 recruits, correct?
Im excited for the season and its a shame katie birkel cant play but cmon people 1 girl cant lose a season for us , its the strength of the herd.
tails up in the air lets go beat these teams.

I'll wade in about Creighton.
When we played them last year in Omaha they used a pressure defense.
DeHoff had no clue what to do. We looked/played like crap.
If I remember correctly, they slapped, or pulled, the ball away from Burich many times.
Much the same fate for most of the others. We couldn't keep control of the ball.
Also, with Katie out, teams will look to put even more pressure on Abby.
(our only proven performer that's left)
We will have a number of freshmen on the floor which means sometimes they
won't know where they're supposed to be, missed assignments, newcomer
mistakes, etc. GB & Creighton will be all over those frosh.
My point; Playing the likes of SF and Mary vs. GB and Creighton are two Vastly Different
situations.

BlueKeyAlum
11-12-2011, 01:50 AM
Against GB: Bison trailed by 12 at the half, whittled the lead to 6 but with 13:40 left, GB up by 13.

imabison
11-12-2011, 04:54 AM
Against GB: Bison trailed by 12 at the half, whittled the lead to 6 but with 13:40 left, GB up by 13.

Ok I was at the game, and some some really nice promising play, and some really weak away from the ball defensive plays. I thought the
new freshman that got a chance to play showed alot of promise.
Definitely the inexperience showed through on defense and offense.

Coaches will definitely have to evaluatate players, looked like all but 1 of the new freshman took the court.

Note on Birkel, a friend of mine said look at her on the crutches, she will be wanting to play before this season ends,
and I agreed that she was walkng like a champ on the crutches, however she will not play this year. Do not take
any chance of coming back to early.

godhateswalmart
11-12-2011, 06:18 AM
Without birkel, its a 5-20 year , wish she was playing!

BlueKeyAlum
11-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Creighton is coming down after beating UND handily.

godhateswalmart
11-12-2011, 04:17 PM
So? .

1998braves64
11-13-2011, 04:13 AM
The women don't have a true point guard, with Birkel (thought I read somewhere though that she was moving out of the pg? and one of the new players was stepping in?) out it seems the person who brings the ball up the court is just whoever happens to be standing the closest. None of them seem to be to comfy handling the ball at the point, not sure if some of that is making Abby seem to be off her game a bit too along with getting most priority from opponent's defense, as she hasn't shot very decent at either of the games I was at (SF & GB)

BlueKeyAlum
11-13-2011, 12:27 PM
DeGagne is supposedto be the point guard when she's in the game although they probably have multiple guards bring it up the floor. I think DeGagne is supposed to get it in the half court set. I don't think it's a role she's comfortable with as she tends to be more of a slasher.

OTher teams are going to throw their best defender at Abby. Plus with the offense not running smoothly it's probably hard for her to get her shot in just the right position. I imagine it gets better with time as people adjust to their new roles but there are a lot of teams that already have hit their stride. BOnus side: frosh aren't redshirting this year and getting lots of playing time and I think they're a solid class.

BlueKeyAlum
11-13-2011, 08:02 PM
Bison trail Creighton 30-24 early in start of 2nd half.

BlueKeyAlum
11-13-2011, 08:18 PM
It's getting away from them. Bison trail, 46-32.

imabison
11-13-2011, 09:21 PM
It's getting away from them. Bison trail, 46-32.

Entire game NDSU could not get a layup contested or not to fall. I figure at least 12 misses.

NDSU played Alisa Brown also today, that means that they will not be doing any redshirts this season.
Ali Browning must still struggling with her knee injury. Of course Katie Birkel will be doing a medical redshirt.

At times the new freshman show of good things, and of course showing lack of experience at times.
Overall I thought that Green Bay looked to be a better team than Creighton.

Final was 71 to 51 today.

godhateswalmart
11-13-2011, 09:31 PM
Im still saddened to see this state of womens bball.
Bring back smykowski !

BlueKeyAlum
11-13-2011, 10:32 PM
Entire game NDSU could not get a layup contested or not to fall. I figure at least 12 misses.

NDSU played Alisa Brown also today, that means that they will not be doing any redshirts this season.
Ali Browning must still struggling with her knee injury. Of course Katie Birkel will be doing a medical redshirt.

At times the new freshman show of good things, and of course showing lack of experience at times.
Overall I thought that Green Bay looked to be a better team than Creighton.

Final was 71 to 51 today.

Brown's a walk-on so red-shirting doesn't apply.

I'm waiting for fan to hit the sh!+. It's time.

imabison
11-14-2011, 01:02 AM
Brown's a walk-on so red-shirting doesn't apply.

I'm waiting for fan to hit the sh!+. It's time.

Thanks for the info on Brown.

BisoninNWMN
11-14-2011, 12:09 PM
We shoot 28% against Creighton?......wow

IMO, this is going to be a tough year for Bison WBB. How long does DeHoff get to get this team competitive?

Someone mentioned 5-20 this year.......it might happen.

imabison
11-14-2011, 10:57 PM
We shoot 28% against Creighton?......wow

IMO, this is going to be a tough year for Bison WBB. How long does DeHoff get to get this team competitive?

Someone mentioned 5-20 this year.......it might happen.

The post game video indicates she is not real happy with the upperclass players.
Show pride in this program.

Tatanka
11-14-2011, 11:30 PM
Some pretty harsh quotes in the paper today as well.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/340484/group/Sports/

Sorry, but I have to wonder:

http://mollermarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/attitude.jpg ?

imabison
11-15-2011, 01:59 AM
Some pretty harsh quotes in the paper today as well.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/340484/group/Sports/

Sorry, but I have to wonder:

http://mollermarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/attitude.jpg ?

Quotes were pretty much right from the Video.

Tatanka
11-15-2011, 02:00 AM
Quotes were pretty much right from the Video.

Agreed... Question still on the table.

steelbison
11-21-2011, 02:21 AM
Agreed... Question still on the table.

What has this coach done since she's got here? Answer, absolutely nothing.