PDA

View Full Version : Superstitions

Comfortably Numb Bison
11-07-2011, 12:49 AM
Who has them and what are they. Personally, this year I don't read the Saturday paper. I always buy a game program home or away, and I wear the same jersey(actually I haven't washed it in three weeks) every game day. So I'm almost positive all this has helped the perfect record.

On another note it pisses me off beyond belief when the away team stays in the locker room until after the national anthem is over. I was so glad that the only away game I attended this year (Minnesota). I was able to see the bison stand with pride on the sideline during the national anthem. What does the away team gain by not standing on the line like the home team? Complete disrespect!!!!!

Jay
11-07-2011, 12:52 AM
I've worn the same yellow Bison Nation shirt I've had since I was a freshman in college ('99).

The National Anthem stuff doesn't make me angry at all. I guess I'll find other things to get mad about... like not being able to get 1 yd on 3 and 1.

Tatanka
11-07-2011, 12:56 AM
On another note it pisses me off beyond belief when the away team stays in the locker room until after the national anthem is over. I was so glad that the only away game I attended this year (Minnesota). I was able to see the bison stand with pride on the sideline during the national anthem. What does the away team gain by not standing on the line like the home team? Complete disrespect!!!!!

This is dictated by the home team. FWIW I agree with you.

EndZoneQB
11-07-2011, 12:57 AM
1. I don't make a prediction of the game
2. I do the same routine every Saturday morning before the game. I put on the same clothes, down to the same pair of boxers, but they are all freshly washed.
3. Haven't washed my jersey all season.
4. I make sure I get a cut somewhere from the bus during tailgating, so far it has happened every game I've been in the bus.
5. First shot to x-0(will be 10-0 this next weekend)

I probably have smaller things I can't think of right now.

westnodak93bison
11-07-2011, 12:57 AM
I refuse to make predictions.

FarSouth Bison
11-07-2011, 01:05 AM
Never heard that the home dictates if the visting team comes out for the National Anthem.

Tatanka
11-07-2011, 01:09 AM
Never heard that the home dictates if the visting team comes out for the National Anthem.

The pregame is scripted down to the minute. Who, what, where, when, how. I'm about 99% certian on this one--I asked the question before.

MNLonghorn10
11-07-2011, 01:10 AM
no superstitions at all, none.

aces1180
11-07-2011, 01:14 AM
1. I don't make a prediction of the game
2. I do the same routine every Saturday morning before the game. I put on the same clothes, down to the same pair of boxers, but they are all freshly washed.
3. Haven't washed my jersey all season.
4. I make sure I get a cut somewhere from the bus during tailgating, so far it has happened every game I've been in the bus.
5. First shot to x-0(will be 10-0 this next weekend)

I probably have smaller things I can't think of right now.

I've had the same pair of game day boxers (American Eagle camouflage) I've been wearing since the Mississippi Valley State game in 2007...Washed, of course.

I also wear my Nike #11 authentic white to home games and my Nike #11 authentic green during away games.

EndZoneQB
11-07-2011, 01:21 AM
I've had the same pair of game day boxers (American Eagle camouflage) I've been wearing since the Mississippi Valley State game in 2007...Washed, of course.

I also wear my Nike #11 authentic white to home games and my Nike #11 authentic green during away games.

Any coincidence my selected pair of boxers is also American Eagle brand?

I find most of my superstitions come about subconsciously. It ends up becoming conscious and I just prevent myself from changing things as the wins pile up lol

CaBisonFan
11-07-2011, 01:25 AM
Who has them and what are they. Personally, this year I don't read the Saturday paper. I always buy a game program home or away, and I wear the same jersey(actually I haven't washed it in three weeks) every game day. So I'm almost positive all this has helped the perfect record.

It's an attempt to get into the heads of the home team...and to insulate their players from the environment that escalates just prior to the game.

In other words...it's stupid.

bri-dog
11-07-2011, 01:29 AM

Me either. And so far this year, it's worked for every game (knock on wood).:biggrin:

Wally
11-07-2011, 01:31 AM
Wear the same green for away games and the same yellow for home games, whether I am at the game or not.

The weird thing is I have never had any team I root for win a title while being superstitious. So technically I should be doing the opposite of superstitious, but that would be being superstitious anyway so I will just stick with what I am doing.

DjKyRo
11-07-2011, 01:32 AM
1. Saying "I hope we win this weekend." This was called out by a friend earlier this season as sounding "wishy-washy" but I said it versus Minnesota and every game since and we haven't lost.
2. Wearing the homecoming hankie as a bandana. Luckily I haven't used it as a hankie yet.

CaBisonFan
11-07-2011, 01:35 AM
I get very close-mouthed before the game. My family knows better than to try and strike up a conversation as the game approaches. Not sure if this qualifies as a superstition, but the family is very aware of this ritual.

Nice to see some new, younger folks posting here. (not you 4mcrue)

56BISON73
11-07-2011, 02:21 AM
My wife texts me GO BISON every am before tailgate. She even texts me if she at the game with me. I WORE AN ndsu SHIRT UNDER MY CAMO THIS PAST WEEKEND DEER HUNTING. Damn I hit the caps lock key. I aint going to fix it either.:)

No_Skill
11-07-2011, 02:39 AM
I read Bisonville each week until my brain melts and my eyes bleed.

CaBisonFan
11-07-2011, 03:30 AM
I read Bisonville each week until my brain melts and my eyes bleed.

We're good at this. Glad I could contribute.

TbonZach
11-07-2011, 03:53 AM
My wife texts me GO BISON every am before tailgate. She even texts me if she at the game with me. I WORE AN ndsu SHIRT UNDER MY CAMO THIS PAST WEEKEND DEER HUNTING. Damn I hit the caps lock key. I aint going to fix it either.:)

Taking a page from Lakes' book? ;)

BFKasper14
11-07-2011, 04:02 AM
1. Same sweatshirt and sweatpants to every game along with a yellow shirt.
2. Watch every game with same friend (visitors are welcome) in section 16, row R on the very end of the student section (give or take two rows depending on availability)
3. After every game, I go to a friend's house with our dads and have dinner.
4. Get my student ticket every week at 8:30 AM on Monday morning
5. Every week I have posted the same thing on facebook:
"Just another Bison Win"

OPPOSING TEAM __ (points)
NDSU __

Preview of next weeks game

344Johnson
11-07-2011, 04:03 AM

wolf t-shirt
52-10

UncleBuck
11-07-2011, 04:12 AM
I've been flying my Bison flag on the front of the house since Game 1, I usually take it down on Sunday and put up the Vikings flag, but forgot this year, so the Bison flag has been out there since September 3rd, and will not come down until January, despite Veterans Day of Friday.

HerdBot
11-07-2011, 04:27 AM
I'm not superstitious at all. The only thing I avoid is posting disrespectful comments about the opponent.

BlueBisonRock
11-07-2011, 04:36 AM
I have to spend an hour or five tailgating.
Pour myself one or two brews, plus grab a jag when SD and crew are generous.
Look for my brother and his son. Discuss all that is going on 'at home'
Take a few shots of tailgating and fans at the game.
<new>Now will give Izzy a light high five and thank him for showing up. <new>

JustinTyem
11-07-2011, 06:19 AM
I've been flying my Bison flag on the front of the house since Game 1, I usually take it down on Sunday and put up the Vikings flag, but forgot this year, so the Bison flag has been out there since September 3rd, and will not come down until January, despite Veterans Day of Friday.The lack of hanging up a ViQueen Flag is what helps Brock and the Bison win. Stick to it!!! Brock bleeds Green and Gold!!!!

BisonTeacher
11-07-2011, 11:07 AM
If it's not too hot outside, I wear my Sioux Suck T shirt under everything.

onbison09
11-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Wear the same green NDSU shirt. Post the Strength of the Herd poem on Facebook if it strikes me as necessary.

MNLonghorn10
11-07-2011, 12:54 PM
wolf t-shirt
52-10
whatre you talking about

Hammerhead
11-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Ours are more like traditions more than superstitions.

My wife and I always wear school colors even when watching the game on TV or the internets. (Our choices of T-shirts, sweatshirts, and my baseball cap are dictated by the weather. (We don't have specific shirts or underwear.)
Like someone else noted, I tend to get quiet and nervous before games.
Eat a hotdog before the game we attend in person or make popcorn at halftime for TV games.
High fives all around for every touchdown.

BisonTeacher
11-07-2011, 01:21 PM
I've been flying my Bison flag on the front of the house since Game 1, I usually take it down on Sunday and put up the Vikings flag, but forgot this year, so the Bison flag has been out there since September 3rd, and will not come down until January, despite Veterans Day of Friday.

We do this too with whatever team we are watching, Bison, Gophs, Vikes, but if a few are on at the same time...Bison flag trumps.

CAS4127
11-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Vigen and I each have one superstition.

I have note made an NDSU score prediction other than picking us every time in the pick em contest.

Vigens??! Don't run the FB! :biggrin: Sorry Tony!! :hide::hide:

tjamz
11-07-2011, 03:42 PM
1. Put on a t-shirt of a car stereo company...company doesn't matter, the fact that I'm wearing it does.
2. Put on #16 green jersey
3. Pick up my buddy Brad from his apartment
4. Drive to game
5. Make some smart@$$ commend about the mound of dirt at the south end of the row of trees separating the west paved lot from the grass parking area. (Usually to the effect of "Wow, ND has resorted to building hills to counter the notion that we are flat" to which Brad replies "I wonder if they got them from Hill Co/Hill & Sons/etc..." yes we have a weird sense of humor)
6. Find Frisco Cruiser and do some end zone bombs with friends
7. Be the guy to finish at least one Das Boot
8. Stagger into dome
9. Scream my lungs out
10. Regain voice on Tuesday/Wednesday

bisonmike2
11-07-2011, 04:01 PM
I normally don't believe in this crap, but I've worn the same NDSU Bison long sleeve t-shirt every game day this fall. I'm not saying, just saying. I plan on wearing the shirt the rest of the season.

Comfortably Numb Bison
11-28-2013, 07:37 PM
I continue to belly laugh at the BudLight commercials "It is only weird if it doesn't work". I'm still wearing the same jersey and I haven't washed it since last years NC game victory. Ironically our only lose last year I wore a new yellow polo I bought during the week for gold out weekend if I remember correctly. I have added to my superstitious behavior.

Wear same jeans every week
Still buy a program every week
Never throw away a ticket stub
Wear same ball cap (2011 yellow NC)
Won't shave on game day
Still refuse to read newspaper on game day

It is only weird if it doesn't work!!

GOBISON123
11-28-2013, 08:29 PM
A team that has not lost any game in Conference has never won FCS championship.

I heard this during our first FCS Championship game

BlueBisonRock
11-28-2013, 08:30 PM

I heard this on the radio when we played Sam Houston first time.

As is said: "There is a first time for everything."

Pyroshane
11-28-2013, 09:23 PM
NDSU has never lost a game if I have done shots of my homemade redeye with fans of the opposing team before the game. I make a point of wandering the tailgate lot with a bottle and a stack of shot glasses tucked into my hoodie pouch looking for opposing fans during every tailgate.

Hammerhead
11-28-2013, 09:36 PM
I think of them as traditions instead of superstitions. My only big one is to always wear Bison gear for college football and Vikings gear for pro football. I felt funny at the 2010 playoff game in Bozeman since I didn't have any cold weather Bison gear and I wore a Vikings jacket. After the win, we did order some sweatshirts, jackets, and a scarf from the NDSU bookstore with express shipping so we would have it for the next game in Cheney.

GOBISON123
11-28-2013, 10:22 PM
As is said: "There is a first time for everything."

I like that :biggrin:

SamsRams
11-28-2013, 10:42 PM
Whenever I make a game, I have to leave my seat and wander the concourse somewhere around 6 minutes before halftime and return sometime in the 3rd quarter. I have missed some awesome plays (Heagle/Williams TD before half against the Goophs) but it is obvious those awesome plays would have never happened if I stayed in my seat

CalBison97
11-28-2013, 10:59 PM

So we could be the first team to run the table and win the FCS championship? Amazing it's never been done at this level.

A1pigskin
11-28-2013, 11:29 PM
I don't really have any. I just hell like hell at the games. I'm pretty sure the people in front of me are half deaf now.

BisonTeacher
11-28-2013, 11:35 PM

Didnt Georgia Southern? Or are you saying that it was D1-AA then and not FCS?

56BISON73
11-28-2013, 11:54 PM
I dont predict victory or scores.
I always wear my yellow NDSU Football hat.

CalBison97
11-29-2013, 12:07 AM
Didnt Georgia Southern? Or are you saying that it was D1-AA then and not FCS?

I took it as he meant all of FCS/1-AA. I'm too lazy to fact find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

EndZoneQB
11-29-2013, 12:10 AM

Marshall did it in 1996.

BisonTeacher
11-29-2013, 12:12 AM

Well it looks like they changed the name to fcs in 2006. So if he meant no team since then...he would be right.

CalBison97
11-29-2013, 12:13 AM
Well it looks like they changed the name to fcs in 2006. So if he meant no team since then...he would be right.

And not as daunting as first perceived.

BisonTeacher
11-29-2013, 12:17 AM
And not as daunting as first perceived.

But still not easy to do.

1st&TennBison
11-29-2013, 12:34 AM
I have a lucky Bison T-shirt and I put 36 cents in my left front pocket. I have never been to a game that the Bison have lost, and last year when we lost to ISU-blue I was in Rochester MN and didn't remember to wear my lucky shirt or put 36 cents in my pocket.

cbline
11-29-2013, 01:55 AM
I wear the NDSU/Qdoba shirt that I caught in the halftime t-shirt toss a few years ago. Long story short - had to scramble to get a ticket for the 2012 NDSU - Georgia Southern semifinal game, and then had to scramble to get a new gold NDSU shirt since I did not bring Qdoba to work that day. The Bison (barely) won that night!

tjamz
11-29-2013, 03:03 AM
Let's see...
White and green bison baseball cap with Oakley sunglasses perched on top of them, yellow ndsu long sleeve shirt with green #16 jersey over it and NDSU under armor shirt underneath, blue jeans (not sure of brand, but same ones every week), if cold (under 10°) under armor leggings, Bison socks, under armor black tennis shoes.

BisonNation11
11-29-2013, 03:54 AM
I keep it pretty simple. Wear the white jersey for away games, gold jersey for home games (except for Code Green game, than green jersey). MUST have a shot of mint Ice Hole before the game starts and toasting "Go Bison!" before taking the shot. A new one this year since I'm newly married is taking off my wedding ring if the Herd is down at halftime. So far, so good!

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

BisonFan02
11-29-2013, 07:13 PM
We banished my old man to the SRO area because the Bison play like **** when he actually sits in his seat. Look for the randomly ticked off dude in the shooting star corner! (He actuallly prefers it over there) :D

BisonTeacher
01-10-2015, 09:36 PM
good lord Im glad to be rid of that beard. Youre welcome bison nation.

:biggrin:

yopaulie
01-10-2015, 09:39 PM
good lord Im glad to be rid of that beard. Youre welcome bison nation.

:biggrin:

Don't you have to keep it to ensure we Five-peat??? Don't screw us over now!!

cbline
01-10-2015, 10:13 PM
I wear the NDSU/Qdoba shirt that I caught in the halftime t-shirt toss a few years ago. Long story short - had to scramble to get a ticket for the 2012 NDSU - Georgia Southern semifinal game, and then had to scramble to get a new gold NDSU shirt since I did not bring Qdoba to work that day. The Bison (barely) won that night!

Maybe the Qdoba shirt worked its magic again today, maybe it wasn't the shirt. Either way, it will be worn again (stains and all) for the 2015 season.

Sun Bison
01-10-2015, 10:19 PM
Cook up bacon and eggs before every televised game (being in AZ) didn't get the bacon and eggs finished until a few minutes into the 1st quarter though, sorry all ;)

DORMIE
01-11-2015, 01:36 AM
Me and my pal Jackson have sat back by the popcorn machine at the Ground Round in Fargo for the past 4 championships. Would like to go to Frisco but can't chance it.

StL Bison Fan
01-11-2015, 11:15 AM
Had to replace my glow in the dark turf mug. Someone dropped it and it had a chunk out at the top. Sorry.
If it would have been whole, we would have won by more.

admin
01-11-2015, 12:50 PM
Gotta get my lucky Snorty hoodie patched up in the off-season - elbows are wearing out.

TateMosersneighbor
01-11-2015, 04:53 PM
3 words...hookers, blow and asparagus

cbline
01-12-2015, 03:33 PM
3 words...hookers, blow and asparagus

Question for you: How much do you have to pay to have a hooker blow asparagus?

runtheoption
01-12-2015, 03:57 PM
Question for you: How much do you have to pay to have a hooker blow asparagus?It's equal to the cost of buying the Embassy Suites bar a round of drinks. Sticker shock when I saw that receipt Friday morning and realized what I had done the previous night.

BisonTeacher
01-12-2015, 04:01 PM
It's equal to the cost of buying the Embassy Suites bar a round of drinks. Sticker shock when I saw that receipt Friday morning and realized what I had done the previous night.

better get back to some lawyerin'. Better call RTO

Swaghook
01-12-2015, 10:55 PM
BisonBabe handing out Chokecherry candy to the opposing team fans has a perfect record in the playoffs. :nod:

BisonTeacher
12-20-2016, 03:12 PM
Did Anyone Document when TSCF changed his avatar? Was it right before the JMU game? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM???

OrygunBison
12-20-2016, 03:53 PM
I didn't wear my game socks. In fact, I can't even find one of the pair. Sorry, the loss is my fault...

Bisonator98
12-20-2016, 09:07 PM
We had our Bison flag up for the first SDSU game this year and lost. We did not have it up for the playoff game against SDSU and won. My brother put the flag up before the JMU game.:mad:

17>1
12-20-2016, 09:22 PM
Bought tickets to Frisco early, instead of waiting until after the semi game like I'd done for 5 years in a row. The poster who brought up the construction at Toyota Stadium is to blame.

IBleedYellow
12-20-2016, 09:30 PM
I didn't have a jagbomb @ The Horny Bison....

I'm sorry guys. I failed us all.

devin45k
12-20-2016, 09:50 PM
We had our Bison flag up for the first SDSU game this year and lost. We did not have it up for the playoff game against SDSU and won. My brother put the flag up before the JMU game.:mad:

I didn't wear my vintage bison button up jacket twice this season...We lost both times.

WestCoastBison
12-20-2016, 10:00 PM
I bought a championship coffee mug after the first FCS championship and brought it to work during the summer. Right before the next season started I brought it back home. Repeat process 5 years. Well, this year I ordered my mug a little early unfortunately but as long as it says NDSU Bison on it it will be a great mug!

MNLonghorn10
12-20-2016, 10:04 PM
I did everything I could sooo the rest of you suck

BisonTeacher
12-20-2016, 10:17 PM
I did everything I could sooo the rest of you suck

How many wolves next year?

MNLonghorn10
12-20-2016, 10:46 PM
How many wolves next year?

dunno. ill have to review and realign my chi in july.

HerdBot
12-21-2016, 12:24 AM
My superstition is not wearing yellow in the playoffs. Yes we are still undefeated in gold jerseys. Dumb decision captains

ByeSonBusiness
12-21-2016, 12:55 AM
The last time I was in Grand forks and listened to part of a Bison game on the radio, they lost to USD.

CalBison97
12-21-2016, 01:00 AM
My superstition is not wearing yellow in the playoffs. Yes we are still undefeated in gold jerseys. Dumb decision captains

I brought that up along with not wearing the harvest helmets minutes before kickoff in the GDT. It seriously bugged me the entire game. Now for my part in contributing to the loss, this would have been my first Frisco miss due to both my kids' club tournaments in SoCal. Apologies. Next year, it's back to real priorities and Frisco!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaghook
12-21-2016, 01:14 AM
BisonBabe handing out Chokecherry candy to the opposing team fans has a perfect record in the playoffs. :nod:
She missed handing out all of the chokecherry taffy at the JMU game. :hide:

EndZoneQB
12-21-2016, 01:22 AM
Retired my hat this season. I didn't change it right before the JMU game, but I still feel like I am to blame.

StL Bison Fan
12-21-2016, 01:42 AM
Guy in front of us didn't buy red licorice at half time.
Lets start all over- one wolf on Longhorn's shirt!!!

Mr Pep Band
12-21-2016, 04:57 PM
1. The last time the Bison lost in the playoffs was @ Eastern, and it snowed at the game, same thing happened last Friday outside the FargoDome.

2. The Basketball team played UND and beat them good.

3. The FB game was away and BB was at home in 2010, and this year FB team was at home and BB team was away @ El Forko Grande.

4. 12-11-2010 --> 12-16-2016 5 Days more than 6 Years to-the-day after the last playoff loss. 5 was good, 6 was asking too much. Universe mojo was not going to let it happen. :(

StL Bison Fan
12-21-2016, 05:18 PM
1. The last time the Bison lost in the playoffs was @ Eastern, and it snowed at the game, same thing happened last Friday outside the FargoDome.

3. The FB game was away and BB was at home in 2010, and this year FB team was at home and BB team was away @ El Forko Grande.

4. 12-11-2010 --> 12-16-2016 5 Days more than 6 Years to-the-day after the last playoff loss. 5 was good, 6 was asking too much. Universe mojo was not going to let it happen. :(

This sounds so darn rational. Im going with this.

HerdBot
12-21-2016, 05:38 PM
I brought that up along with not wearing the harvest helmets minutes before kickoff in the GDT. It seriously bugged me the entire game. Now for my part in contributing to the loss, this would have been my first Frisco miss due to both my kids' club tournaments in SoCal. Apologies. Next year, it's back to real priorities and Frisco!

I don't care about the green helmets but the gold jerseys are undefeated

LikeMothers
12-21-2016, 08:11 PM
I'm a superstitious man, and I blame some of the people on this board. That I do not forgive.

Gully
12-21-2016, 08:40 PM
So a bunch of people follow their superstitious rules before the JMU game, right? You know dumb things like putting flags up and making girly stumplifter drinks. Well, since we lost to JMU, you should now admit you've been wasting your time and move on to something more important like complaining about tailgating hours or the padding of the seats in the SHAC.

:)

Mr Meaty
12-21-2016, 08:49 PM
So a bunch of people follow their superstitious rules before the JMU game, right? You know dumb things like putting flags up and making girly stumplifter drinks. Well, since we lost to JMU, you should now admit you've been wasting your time and move on to something more important like complaining about tailgating hours or the padding of the seats in the SHAC.

:)
My whiskey was too cold, wings too hot and bathroom line too long.

BlueBisonRock
12-21-2016, 08:58 PM
I blame the loss on a major faux pas on my part. During the 2011 to 2015 playoffs, I attended each of the 3 games in the dome plus the big game in Frisco. And I attended the first two playoff games this year. 22 - 0 record.The weather convinced me to pass on a five hour one way drive for the JMU game. It is obvious that my mojo was missing. I should have known better as the last playoff game I missed (EWU) also resulted in a loss.

My apologies to Bison Nation for not stepping up and bringing that extra bit of intensity which was needed. I will do a better job in the future.

Mr Pep Band
12-22-2016, 03:22 PM

5. JMU was the first team that we beat during our run, and they were the ones to end it.

kristind
12-22-2016, 03:47 PM
JMU was the first Bison game my 11 year old was able to attend. I joked with him at the beginning of the game....ok perhaps several times...that if we lost his first game in the Dome it meant he couldn't come to any more (so he better cheer loud, etc). As if the loss wasn't a bummer enough for him...lets just say he was less than amused by my obvious lack of parenting skills. ;)

MNLonghorn10
12-22-2016, 03:54 PM
JMU was the first Bison game my 11 year old was able to attend. I joked with him at the beginning of the game....ok perhaps several times...that if we lost his first game in the Dome it meant he couldn't come to any more (so he better cheer loud, etc). As if the loss wasn't a bummer enough for him...lets just say he was less than amused by my obvious lack of parenting skills. ;)
That's a joke? you should do the decent thing and never let him go to another game again for the rest of his life

kristind
12-22-2016, 04:00 PM
That's a joke? you should do the decent thing and never let him go to another game again for the rest of his life

I'll be honest...my guilt ridden attempts to backpeddle that evening were less than convincing....

Bison Loaf
12-22-2016, 04:16 PM

Child Protection services have been called............................................ .................to give you an award!

Gotta instill the proper attitude in those kids right from their very first game! Keep up the good work! :)

GreenfieldBison
12-22-2016, 04:43 PM

It's very unfortunate that he has such terrible mojo. Have you considered an Exorcism?

kristind
12-22-2016, 05:17 PM
It's very unfortunate that he has such terrible mojo. Have you considered an Exorcism?
Hahaha ...well, he was my child who when he was a toddler honestly insisted every week at church that the holy water was "burning" him (Yes he really did this).. I guess I should have seen this comming! I just figured it was part of the "terrible twos".

Hammerhead
12-27-2016, 05:33 PM
One of the frozen NDSU magnets on our Jeep broke when I was peeling them off the day before the game to take the Jeep to the carwash -- maybe that was it.

OrygunBison
01-12-2017, 02:52 PM
I didn't wear my game socks. In fact, I can't even find one of the pair. Sorry, the loss is my fault...

I finally found my other sock!!! Here we come 2017!!!

Let's go Bison - clap clap clapclapclap...

Bisonator98
01-12-2017, 02:54 PM
I finally found my other sock!!! Here we come 2017!!!

Let's go Bison - clap clap clapclapclap...

Thank god! :cheers:

1998braves64
01-12-2017, 05:18 PM
I washed my lucky hat, assuming it had lost too much mojo in all the dirt and grime. Should be good for another 5 years now!

BisonTeacher
01-12-2017, 05:28 PM
I washed my lucky hat, assuming it had lost too much mojo in all the dirt and grime. Should be good for another 5 years now!

YOu washed a lucky hat? Never Never Never. :facepalm:

I washed my Favre Jersey right before the NFC championship in New Orleans because it was starting to stink. HOW DID THAT WORK OUT? HMMMM??

1998braves64
01-12-2017, 05:34 PM

I washed my Favre Jersey right before the NFC championship in New Orleans because it was starting to stink. HOW DID THAT WORK OUT? HMMMM??

Well it didn't work out for the JMU game no matter what I did that worked before on other games (GSU Semi #2, Championship against ISUr, Oklahoma (bball) list goes on and on) So figured mojo was stuck under the grime and dirt, it's white so it was looking pretty terrible and I like the way it looks clean, and it was clean back when we started the run so...

If we really tank next year tag this post and then we will have to work on fixing it's luck!

In regards to your Vikings/NO game I wore my Robert Smith jersey for that game, that I was wearing when we lost the 98 championship... and actually started wearing it every week this year at the end of the season after things started to fall apart (I'm trying to get rid of all the bad mojo, and it's obviously working look how bad this season went! :biggrin: :facepalm: )

Bisonator98
01-12-2017, 05:39 PM

So it was you.....:mad:

BisonTeacher
01-12-2017, 05:56 PM
So it was you.....:mad:

Yes.* :hide:

* = or Petersons countless fumbles.

BisonTeacher
01-12-2017, 05:58 PM
Well it didn't work out for the JMU game no matter what I did that worked before on other games (GSU Semi #2, Championship against ISUr, Oklahoma (bball) list goes on and on) So figured mojo was stuck under the grime and dirt, it's white so it was looking pretty terrible and I like the way it looks clean, and it was clean back when we started the run so...

If we really tank next year tag this post and then we will have to work on fixing it's luck!

In regards to your Vikings/NO game I wore my Robert Smith jersey for that game, that I was wearing when we lost the 98 championship... and actually started wearing it every week this year at the end of the season after things started to fall apart (I'm trying to get rid of all the bad mojo, and it's obviously working look how bad this season went! :biggrin: :facepalm: )

You may as well throw it away now. Washing a lucky hat is not only on page 1 of the superstition handbook, but Im pretty sure its on page on of the "How to care for a hat" handbook.

tony
01-12-2017, 06:30 PM
I think that I'm going to retire my lucky 5-peat Bison gear. My hat has been chewed by dogs and is being held together with green duct tape. My tattered yellow Snorty t-shirt's neck is stretched out to the point that it looks like the sweatshirt from Flashdance (http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1086709/images/o-FLASHDANCE-ANNIVERSARY-facebook.jpg) had a baby with the Fairy Flag of Dunvegan Castle (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy_Flag). Also, unsurprisingly, the drinking elbow areas of my lucky Bison zip-up sweatshirt are completely gone.

Two questions:

1. Do I give the old gear a Viking funeral or do I preserve it all in a glass case or something?
2. Do I need to get the new gear consecrated? If so, what should the ceremony involve?

BisonTeacher
01-12-2017, 07:00 PM
I think that I'm going to retire my lucky 5-peat Bison gear. My hat has been chewed by dogs and is being held together with green duct tape. My yellow Snorty t-shirt's neck is stretched out to the point that it looks like the sweatshirt from Flashdance (http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1086709/images/o-FLASHDANCE-ANNIVERSARY-facebook.jpg) had a baby with the Fairy Flag of Dunvegan Castle (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy_Flag). Also, unsurprisingly, the drinking elbow areas of my lucky Bison zip-up sweatshirt are completely gone.

Two questions:

1. Do I give the old gear a Viking funeral or do I preserve it all in a glass case or something?
2. Do I need to get the new gear consecrated? If so, what should the ceremony involve?

Whatever you do...just don't wash the hat. :)

StL Bison Fan
01-12-2017, 07:57 PM
I think that I'm going to retire my lucky 5-peat Bison gear. My hat has been chewed by dogs and is being held together with green duct tape. My tattered yellow Snorty t-shirt's neck is stretched out to the point that it looks like the sweatshirt from Flashdance (http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1086709/images/o-FLASHDANCE-ANNIVERSARY-facebook.jpg) had a baby with the Fairy Flag of Dunvegan Castle (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy_Flag). Also, unsurprisingly, the drinking elbow areas of my lucky Bison zip-up sweatshirt are completely gone.

Two questions:

Burn it. Beer should be served.
Buy your stuff asap. Now is the time as we are starting a new run.

barnwintersportsengelstad
01-13-2017, 04:51 AM
I like this thread, pretty funny in a good way; and you all sound similar to the most die-hard of hockey fans. Hockey players are the most superstitious in of all sports.

BisonTeacher
01-13-2017, 10:33 AM
I like this thread, pretty funny in a good way; and you all sound similar to the most die-hard of hockey fans. Hockey players are the most superstitious in of all sports.

Really? I would guess baseball.

StL Bison Fan
01-13-2017, 03:49 PM
Really? I would guess baseball.

Correct. Baseball players especially.

totoinfl
01-13-2017, 04:28 PM

Two questions:

Put it all on a raft and in June with the river thaws...send it Valhalla with a flaming arrow or pack it up and send it Walhalla UPS>

I washed my first year Natty champ t shirt for the game...spilled beer on it the week before...it is my fault. I burned the shirt in the yard in effigy,

totoinfl
01-13-2017, 04:30 PM
Correct. Baseball players especially.

Baseball players and golfers...here in Florida every golfer has some superstition. My neighbor has crossed clubs tattooed on his calf...before every drive he has to rub his lucky tatoo...good thing it is on his calf

IBleedYellow
01-13-2017, 05:37 PM
I'll be having to get 100% new clothes.

Time to start her fresh.

I'm sure longhorn is glad he can start with 1 wolf again. :hide:

TransAmBison
01-13-2017, 05:58 PM
I'll be having to get 100% new clothes.

Time to start her fresh.

I'm sure longhorn is glad he can start with 1 wolf again. :hide:The wolves peaked at 5. Longhorn needs something that doesn't fade so quickly.

BisonTeacher
01-13-2017, 07:19 PM
Two questions:

Do you have a sarlac pit? I know you live in Mutual of Omahas wild kingdom so Im thinking you might. If not, can you blast it to the planet they sent spock to after he died?

StL Bison Fan
01-13-2017, 07:43 PM
Do you have a sarlac pit? I know you live in Mutual of Omahas wild kingdom so Im thinking you might. If not, can you blast it to the planet they sent spock to after he died?

A Genesis type of thing. Could work. Or maybe a Phoenix type of thing?

BisonTeacher
05-03-2017, 11:02 AM
Since the Coaches caravans to the cities each May have stopped we have not won a football championship and our basketball team has crapped the bed.

Just sayin.....

wagsabison
05-03-2017, 12:16 PM
Since the Coaches caravans to the cities each May have stopped we have not won a football championship and our basketball team has crapped the bed.

Just sayin.....

Budget cuts?

Mr Meaty
05-03-2017, 12:25 PM

Just sayin.....
Maybe Petro could supply them with gas cards to cut down on expenses.

Scooter1
05-04-2017, 04:45 PM
I'm in the process of having my boat blessed by a local worm farmer for next weekends fishing opener...but Im not superstitious

BisonTeacher
09-01-2017, 10:25 PM
Just wanted everyone to know that this morning I went to a local spirit warehouse and procured new containers of the 4 main ingredients for stumplifters.

You're welcome.

OrygunBison
09-01-2017, 11:59 PM
I have replenished my supply of Bison socks.

You're welcome.

North Side
09-02-2017, 12:14 AM
Anytime I had a huge test in college I always made sure to wear an NDSU shirt for good luck. It worked!

Bison 4 Life
09-02-2017, 02:01 AM
Bought a new flag. New streak, new flag.

StL Bison Fan
09-02-2017, 04:28 AM
The real deal might have burned down- but my turf mug that glows in the dark is ready for tomorrow.

IzzyFlexion
09-02-2017, 01:25 PM
The real deal might have burned down- but my turf mug that glows in the dark is ready for tomorrow.

It's official....................

Bisonville has its very own Radium Girl.

A1pigskin
09-02-2017, 01:35 PM
I have too many to list.

BisonTeacher
09-02-2017, 05:52 PM
Crisis averted. I realized my stumplifter was in the wrong mug. But the glitch was fixed. Thanks for the heads up STL.

Hammerhead
09-02-2017, 05:59 PM
I'm starting a new superstition/tradition of wearing my oldest piece of Bison gear to the home opener. I got my mommy to replace the adjustable strap on my hat from 1994 honoring 100 years of NDSU football.

BisonTeacher
09-02-2017, 06:43 PM
@Mnlonghorn

Are the wolves dead at this point?

BisonTeacher
10-15-2017, 04:16 PM
I want to apologize the everyone. We had my parents over last night. The last time my parents were over, the bison lost. I kicked them ou...er I mean...they left when it was 0-10. My bad for not recognizing it sooner.

:-)

Gully
10-15-2017, 04:20 PM
Aren't you supposedly a science guy?

bri-dog
10-15-2017, 04:22 PM
I also had a screw-up. My boss is a Huskers fan (the Bison are now 2nd-favorite). Since they were playing at the same time, I told him I'd fly his Husker flag on my flagpole outside the bar (under the Bison flag, of course). After the game, I told him that the Huskers flag was bringing bad mojo because it was touching the Bison flag. He said "Hey you won, didn't you?"

I said yeah, but that's because I ran out and took his flag down before the OT...:)

BisonTeacher
10-15-2017, 04:45 PM
Aren't you supposedly a science guy?

Science guys are good at recognizing patterns. Find your own thread nonbeliever!!!!

southcliffbison
10-15-2017, 06:38 PM
I want to apologize the everyone. We had my parents over last night. The last time my parents were over, the bison lost. I kicked them ou...er I mean...they left when it was 0-10. My bad for not recognizing it sooner.

Knowing that this game would be a toughie, I went to visit a farmer friend of mine, stole one of his chickens, cut its head off and sprinkled the blood underneath my Bison banner.......works every time.

BattleBorn
10-16-2017, 02:49 PM
I cheered on a small herd of bison from my yellow Jeep while wearing my nearly-falling-apart "Bison Pride" t-shirt. I think they understood, and their spirits brought us good mojo.

StL Bison Fan
10-16-2017, 03:14 PM

I packed my Turf mug. Didn't use it at tailgate, but it was in Youngstown. You're welcome.

BisonTeacher
10-16-2017, 05:29 PM
Speaking of superstitions....Did anyone catch the vikings pre-game? They did a whole segment about how Rodgers never gets hurt.

See Gully...Its REAL!!!!

BisonNation11
10-16-2017, 06:22 PM
Put my jersey on after kickoff, didn't have a drink made and wore a plain white shirt under said jersey. Switched to my "How 'bout the Bison defense?" after we went down 10-0 and poured an extra stiff drink. I apologize.

Bison 4 Life
11-04-2017, 10:28 PM
Sorry everybody. I wore a new shirt I bought last week at the game. Won't happen again.

aces1180
11-04-2017, 10:42 PM
I had to shave the beard...First time all season...Time to start over.

It worked in 2011, 2012 and 2014...Didn't have to shave until January after the 2013 season.

We'll be fine.

CalBison97
12-28-2017, 11:24 AM
This will prove to me whether I have any superstitional force with the Bison: #6 will be my first Frisco NDSU title game miss. (Sickening as I cannot read any of the Frisco threads).

scottietohottie
12-30-2017, 10:06 AM
Is the guy on the buffalo guy ok? Haven't watched that video yet.

EC8CH
12-30-2017, 12:44 PM
Is the guy on the buffalo guy ok? Haven't watched that video yet.

Twisting ankles and breaking guns on stumps.

OrygunBison
12-30-2017, 09:19 PM
This will prove to me whether I have any superstitional force with the Bison: #6 will be my first Frisco NDSU title game miss. (Sickening as I cannot read any of the Frisco threads).

Same boat here. Hard to imagine watching it on TV. I was also at the NC games in '88 and '90.

DORMIE
12-31-2017, 04:41 PM
Sat in the same chair at the Ground Round for the 5 championships. Hope my
new one at Wild Bills will work as well. Do not travel as I did, as I used to travel
with Road, but attended McAllen twice and Florence 3 times.

bri-dog
12-31-2017, 08:02 PM
Like I've said before -- I don't believe in superstitions. I think it's bad luck to be superstitious.

Ah, what the hell. Previous years' championships (the date of the game, not the season):

2012: I sat on the west side.
2013: I sat on the east side.
2014: I sat on the west side.
2015: I sat on the east side.
2016: I sat on the west side.

So every time we won, I was sitting on the west side in even years and the east side in odd years.

2018? Yeah, I'm on the west side...

Milkman
12-31-2017, 10:28 PM
I don't believe in superstitions. I think it's bad luck to be superstitious.

That needs to be on a sign!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BisonTeacher
01-02-2018, 01:58 AM
Dabo walked the field earlier today and sprinkled some mystery grass on the turf at Mercedes-Benz stadium. Love it.

Bison 4 Life
01-02-2018, 02:00 AM
Dabo walked the field earlier today and sprinkled some mystery grass on the turf at Mercedes-Benz stadium. Love it.

Remember when Georgia Southern supposedly sprinkled some of their swamp water on the Fargodome turf? Fat lot of good it did them.

BisonTeacher
01-02-2018, 02:01 AM
Remember when Georgia Southern supposedly sprinkled some of their swamp water on the Fargodome turf? Fat lot of good it did them.

I never said it was gonna help or not. I said that I loved that he did it.

Son of a Bison
01-02-2018, 02:16 AM

Mystery grass! Do they test only the college players or coaches too?

Christopher Moen
01-02-2018, 02:16 AM
I never said it was gonna help or not. I said that I loved that he did it.

You're making Les Miles hungry.

https://i2.wp.com/gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/LES-MILES-EATS-GRASS.gif

IzzyFlexion
01-02-2018, 09:13 PM

Yeah.........I believe that their field goal kicker slipped on it.

StL Bison Fan
01-02-2018, 10:17 PM
I received a new tailgate mug for Christmas. It's nice and I will use it.
But...
Yes Teach, the turf mug is packed and ready to go.

Scooter1
01-03-2018, 06:06 PM
I stole some fighting sioux gear from my inlaws. Each NC game I light it on fire and burn it a bit. I keep it in my shed because I dont want it in the house. I should have enough left to last until 2025...

LongLostAlum
01-04-2018, 10:16 PM
If I read it right, as the designated visiting team, we are wearing green harvest helmuts with white jerseys. Have we ever worn that combo before? I don't think so. Anyway, the uniform gives me good vibes, as does the good weather forecast.

Stary2k11
01-04-2018, 10:50 PM
If I read it right, as the designated visiting team, we are wearing green harvest helmuts with white jerseys. Have we ever worn that combo before? I don't think so. Anyway, the uniform gives me good vibes, as does the good weather forecast.

The combo was worn at EWU this year, I believe.

Christopher Moen
01-04-2018, 10:50 PM

Did this against USD at the DakotaDome last year.

Milkman
01-04-2018, 11:38 PM
I was actually superstitiously worried that this was a new jersey helmet combination. But remembered the EWU and USD games.

Christopher Moen
01-05-2018, 12:04 AM
I was actually superstitiously worried that this was a new jersey helmet combination. But remembered the EWU and USD games.

Dang, I forgot they used this combo for the EWU game.

Bison bison
01-05-2018, 12:10 AM
I wear pants most days and most days the Bison prevail. Pants it is.

HerdThat!
01-05-2018, 11:27 PM
Just been looking for little things the last couple days-
Yesterday he first song on the radio right as the Uber driver turned on the radio was Thunderatruck
The hotel was carting some materials down the hall, there was a big sign printed off that said "Attn: Bruce"
Last night at a bar in Ft Worth, the wall decor was all green n yellow
At Hacienda right now, the light fixtures are bison sillouettes and the Christmas decorations are still up and they're all green n yellow

tony
01-06-2018, 07:50 PM
So I got up this morning to put on my lucky Bison gear and, holy carp!!!, I left it in NYC because that's where I watched the SHSU game. Sorry to special teams for letting them down.

Luckily I found my old lucky Bison gear which is held together by spilled whisky, fossilized dog drool, and sweat stains (my hiding place is awesome* because otherwise the wife would have burned it all back in 2015.)

* s/b "was awesome" because I'm going to have pick a new place to hide it because Mrs. Angry Elf caught me retrieving it.

Milkman
01-06-2018, 08:50 PM
100% honest. I was worried and walked the dog at half time. 2 crows flew overhead. Again 100% honest I took that as s good omen.

devin45k
01-06-2018, 09:26 PM
We just made my wife and mother in law stand in the kitchen the whole second half of the national championship

BisonAccountant44
01-06-2018, 09:47 PM
The only other watch party I've hosted at this house was the Montana kickoff game. I almost kicked everyone out in the 4th.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BisonTeacher
01-06-2018, 11:06 PM
The only other watch party I've hosted at this house was the Montana kickoff game. I've almost kicked everyone out in the 4th.

Dont feel bad. I threatened everyone here if we lost theyd never be welcome again. Believe it or not...knowing me, they all understood.

tony
01-07-2018, 01:05 AM
100% honest. I was worried and walked the dog at half time. 2 crows flew overhead. Again 100% honest I took that as s good omen.

Did you see a hooded guy with one eye too? Because the would probably freak me out. #huginnandmuninn

BisonAccountant44
01-07-2018, 01:09 AM
Dont feel bad. I threatened everyone here if we lost theyd never be welcome again. Believe it or not...knowing me, they all understood.That exact threat was made in our house right after I decided to let them stay for the end.

Milkman
01-07-2018, 01:27 AM
Did you see a hooded guy with one eye too? Because the would probably freak me out. #huginnandmuninnI thought I did but my memory isn't what it used to be...

Milkman
01-08-2018, 12:46 AM
I thought I did but my memory isn't what it used to be...

Sent from my SM-G930V using TapatalkI thought this was pretty dang clever.

tony
01-08-2018, 01:19 AM
I thought this was pretty dang clever.

I saw what you did. :)

BisonTeacher
01-25-2018, 06:04 PM
When we went to UNI a few years back we stopped at the field of dreams. The bison lost because we played catch with a football in the outfield and angered the Football gods.

Whoever did this...their football team has a hard year coming. I hope they were packer fans.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2755809-field-of-dreams-park-vandalized-by-vehicle-damage-estimated-to-be-15k?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

BisonTeacher
04-22-2018, 01:26 AM
The wife moved our bison helmet and Vikings helmet to different shelves. Not my fault. That is all.

North Side
04-22-2018, 04:38 AM
when I was a student whenever I had a big test I ALWAYS wore one of my NDSU t shirts for good luck!

Bisonfanatical
08-27-2018, 03:14 AM
We don't need a "seance" or "ouiji board" this year, whew.

This leaf shows that the gold offense and code green defense are equally balanced, and it will be a great run ...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180827/2db8d558c76a01cdfa6a904491fd5bec.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Facts
08-27-2018, 03:46 AM
I’m alittle stitious, but not super stitious.

heffray
08-27-2018, 02:53 PM
I’m alittle stitious, but not super stitious.

Just kinda stitious?

BisonTeacher
08-27-2018, 05:20 PM
Just kinda stitious?

I think that makes me hyperstitious

Bison 4 Life
08-27-2018, 05:41 PM
Traditionally I've only put my flag out for a few days surrounding the game but I'm considering just planting it for the whole season to flex for all my new neighbors.

Is this team good enough to withstand such a change?

BisonTeacher
08-27-2018, 06:19 PM
Traditionally I've only put my flag out for a few days surrounding the game but I'm considering just planting it for the whole season to flex for all my new neighbors.

Check neg rep

Bison 4 Life
08-27-2018, 06:21 PM
Check neg rep

My wife doesn't know it, but she was relying on your opinion.

heffray
08-28-2018, 01:53 AM

Bold move, Cotton. Let's see how it plays out.

Bison 4 Life
08-28-2018, 02:12 AM
If Teach says no, it's a no.
Bold move, Cotton. Let's see how it plays out.

BisonTeacher
10-06-2018, 09:10 PM
I want to apologize for the first half today. I spilled my italian chili on my game day shirt. I panicked that it would stain and thought about taking it off. But then I realized how disastrous that would be and sprayed it with shout...while wearing it. Man that smell sucks. But I endured it for the entire 2nd half cuz I'm a team player. You're welcome.

EC8CH
10-06-2018, 09:32 PM
I want to apologize for the first half today. I spilled my italian chili on my game day shirt. I panicked that it would stain and thought about taking it off. But then I realized how disastrous that would be and sprayed it with shout...while wearing it. Man that smell sucks. But I endured it for the entire 2nd half cuz I'm a team player. You're welcome.

Buy a bid numb nuts!

tony
10-06-2018, 09:45 PM
I could tell you why I didn't get to start watching the game until UNI scored their second TD, but then you would have to kill me.

GreenfieldBison
10-06-2018, 09:51 PM

I for one appreciate your sacrifice and contribution. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BisonTeacher
10-06-2018, 10:00 PM
I for one appreciate your sacrifice and contribution. Thank you.

Thank you. I dont hink most people realize how intoxicating Shout can be.

BisonTeacher
10-06-2018, 10:00 PM
Buy a bid numb nuts!

Whats a bid?

EC8CH
10-06-2018, 10:02 PM
Whats a bid?

It's like a bib, but with a D.

BisonTeacher
10-06-2018, 10:07 PM

For the record I did not spill while eating. I was pouring the leftover Italian chili into a storage container and it splatted. Just sayin.

B. b. bison
10-06-2018, 10:23 PM
For the record I did not spill while eating. I was pouring the leftover Italian chili into a storage container and it splatted. Just sayin.

Forum Illustration of the event
https://media1.tenor.com/images/3d9ea321d3ce46cc3a355bcfe3f73619/tenor.gif?itemid=3915565

StL Bison Fan
10-06-2018, 10:58 PM

After that second touchdown, I stood up and looked around the crowd. Thought for sure you decided to come to the game

tony
10-06-2018, 11:21 PM

I think I saw that on an episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia... oh wait, that was a towel.

SoCalBison
10-06-2018, 11:26 PM
Man that smell sucks.

The Shout! or the Italian chili?

BisonTeacher
10-06-2018, 11:49 PM
After that second touchdown, I stood up and looked around the crowd. Thought for sure you decided to come to the game

I know Dave is your man...But Im confident he wont be offended when i tell you I love you.

tjamz
10-07-2018, 12:57 PM
I'm taking responsibility for the first half.

I was in Sioux Falls with my family. Kids and I were competing at a Tae Kwon Do tournament so I couldn't wear my normal game day gear until after I was done with my portion. I got dressed into my gear at the start of the 4th quarter with us trailing 31-28. You all know what happened after that.

On the plus side, this is our last tournament until mid January, so this shouldn't be an issue in the future.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

scottietohottie
10-07-2018, 01:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_W4Gi5h9P8

bisonaudit
10-18-2018, 03:26 PM
I don’t know what this portends, probably nothing, but I saw an 8 wolf shirt in the gift shop today at the Singapore Night Safari.

BisonTeacher
10-18-2018, 11:47 PM
I don’t know what this portends, probably nothing, but I saw and 8 wolf shirt in the gift shop today at the Singapore Night Safari.

Have you posted in this thread before? I guess I'm surprised. But Welcome. Apologies if you have and I missed it.

bisonaudit
10-19-2018, 12:00 PM
Have you posted in this thread before? I guess I'm surprised. But Welcome. Apologies if you have and I missed it.

I’m from the Crash Davis school: “If you believe you're playing well because you're getting laid, or because you're not getting laid, or because you wear women's underwear, then you are!”

So, I thought that the true believers in the wolf shirt deserved to know that there’s an 8 bagger out there.

BisonTeacher
10-19-2018, 12:39 PM
I’m from the Crash Davis school: “If you believe you're playing well because you're getting laid, or because you're not getting laid, or because you wear women's underwear, then you are!”

So, I thought that the true believers in the wolf shirt deserved to know that there’s an 8 bagger out there.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Respect. Suck it Gully.

Mr Meaty
10-19-2018, 01:08 PM
Superstitions are real and are something not to mess with. But once the superstition goes against you then throw it out and start a new one.

Bison 4 Life
10-19-2018, 01:22 PM
Superstitions are real and are something not to mess with. But once the superstition goes against you then throw it out and start a new one.

I bought a new flag after the '16 season.

StL Bison Fan
10-19-2018, 02:11 PM
I cannot find my Bison socks. But, as long as I have my turf mug things are ok. That and a Number 36 cookie from Grandma Jane.

KNOW IT ALL
10-19-2018, 06:31 PM
Im superstitious in that if Cananda legalized the free sale of marijuana just before Ndak votes on it, Ndak will legalize it as well.

GSUsTALON
10-19-2018, 09:10 PM

Trans Am Bison always turns his bison skin panties around before the game.
Its a big deal because bison skin panties last for years and he never cleans them.

BOLD!

I know he did it for the last GSU vs NDSU playoff game & look what happened.

southcliffbison
10-22-2018, 03:37 PM

"Oh, ye foolish Galatians ! " What hath bewitched ye so? " Galatians 3 verse 1

scottietohottie
10-31-2018, 01:12 PM
Well since what I say and do don't matter I'm going to let my Dad use my tickets Saturday. Last game he attend was the infamous Indiana State sycamores debacle. The one when Brock lit up the Bison defense. Sure hope I don't find out Saturday that I do matter.

Bison Loaf
10-31-2018, 02:38 PM
Well since what I say and do don't matter I'm going to let my Dad use my tickets Saturday. Last game he attend was the infamous Indiana State sycamores debacle. The one when Brock lit up the Bison defense. Sure hope I don't find out Saturday that I do matter.

Dear Scottie:

You matter to me.

Well, not YOU so much, but the miniscule chance that you might have some negative effect on the Herd's performance this weekend. That DOES matter to me. It matters to me a great deal. So please don't do anything rash. Remember, if nothing else ……….. YOU MATTER TO ME. Well, most of the time anyway. If they lose, you really won't matter to me at all, but let's not split hairs here. The fact is, the Bison win damn near all of the time anyway, so yes …. yes :nod: …... I believe I can say unequivocally that you do indeed matter to me, in ways that matter to me and me alone.

Hope that makes you feel better.

Love Always, (Is it okay to say that around here? :confused: :blush: )

Loaf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl7U2jy1wMQ

BisonTeacher
10-31-2018, 02:48 PM

You're playing with fire Mister. Looks like a 2nd stumplifter is in order Saturday to counteract your lack of effort. Its a Sacrifice. You're welcome.

Edit...if I remember right, that ISUb loss was Vigen's fault and not yours, but I will follow through with the plan just in case.

Bison 4 Life
10-31-2018, 02:52 PM
Um. I'm not sure I should mention this but there is a chance that I might not be at home watching the game this week either. I'm playing in a softball tournament that morning and if we win couple, I'll be watching the game on my phone between innings.

I'll still put the flag out and be wearing by Bison jersey during the game so there's that.

TransAmBison
10-31-2018, 05:47 PM
You're playing with fire Mister. Looks like a 2nd stumplifter is in order Saturday to counteract your lack of effort. Its a Sacrifice. You're welcome.

Edit...if I remember right, that ISUb loss was Vigen's fault and not yours, but I will follow through with the plan just in case.What if the 2nd stumplifter counteracts the 1st one? Too much of a good thing? Wearing it out? You sir, are also heading into dangerous territory.

oldmantutters
10-31-2018, 06:40 PM
I feel like that would be too many changes against the control. If they happen to lose is it because of the second stumplifter? Or is it because Scotties dad is at the game?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

BisonTeacher
10-31-2018, 06:47 PM
What if the 2nd stumplifter counteracts the 1st one? Too much of a good thing? Wearing it out? You sir, are also heading into dangerous territory.

Well what if a scientific experiment on the 2nd stumplifter theory was already conducted last weekend? Asking for a friend. IM pretty sure Scotties dad was not at that game either.

hmmmm????

Christopher Moen
10-31-2018, 07:13 PM
Well what if a scientific experiment on the 2nd stumplifter theory was already conducted last weekend? Asking for a friend. IM pretty sure Scotties dad was not at that game either.

hmmmm????

Maybe take three of them for extra safety?

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

Bison Loaf
10-31-2018, 07:34 PM
People, people :facepalm: ………………………. why do we have to make everything so hard all the time?

Why don't we just (1) kidnap scottie's dad before the game, (2) come up with some elaborate alibi for the police about how Youngstown did it because scottie's family had some major Bison mojo going on (who wouldn't believe that?), (3) have someone feed him lots of booze while in his confinement, and (4) then tell scottie his dad had just a little too much fun tailgating and missed the game? If the old man is anything like scottie, this is a slam dunk. And, more importantly, our winning streak continues.

What am I missing here?

BisonTeacher
10-31-2018, 08:51 PM
People, people :facepalm: ………………………. why do we have to make everything so hard all the time?

Why don't we just (1) kidnap scottie's dad before the game, (2) come up with some elaborate alibi for the police about how Youngstown did it because scottie's family had some major Bison mojo going on (who wouldn't believe that?), (3) have someone feed him lots of booze while in his confinement, and (4) then tell scottie his dad had just a little too much fun tailgating and missed the game? If the old man is anything like scottie, this is a slam dunk. And, more importantly, our winning streak continues.

What am I missing here?

Dilly Dilly!

Professor Chaos
11-04-2018, 03:18 AM
So one of the screws on the flagpole holder between my garages doors busted last weekend and I didn't bother to try to fix it until this morning but I had routed out the screws so bad putting it in I couldn't get them out without pliers. I decided I didn't have enough time and wanted to get to tailgating so I didn't put my gameday Bison flag up for the first time all year.

I take full responsibility for the lackluster effort today and a vow to fix it by next Saturday so the team can get back on the right track.

23Bison
11-04-2018, 04:56 PM
I’ll add to this somewhat of a down game. I have a particular shirt that is worn for EVERY bison game and well due to that fact that I was bow hunting most of the day I didn’t put it on at all. I’m sorry and I wasn’t thinking. Won’t happen again.

BizfrmBotno
11-05-2018, 02:04 PM
Game day routine is to put the two Bison flags out in front of the house around 7 am, yellow one goes on the north side of steps, green one goes on the south side. I live in southern Minnesota with a lot of family in the Springfield, MO area. We are heading out on Friday for the MSU game in Springfield. Looks like the colors are going out a day early and will fly a day later than usual.

Bison Loaf
11-06-2018, 01:57 PM
Whomever it was that took care of scottie's dad last weekend …….. Thank-You! You did just enough (barely) to neutralize his bad charma. :biggrin:

cbline
11-06-2018, 07:28 PM
My game shirt is starting to show the wear of the season. I don't wash it until the season is over so that it keeps its mojo. (Side note: the former game shirt last saw the Fargo Dome at the JMU loss and will NEVER be seen at another game as it lost the mojo). The current shirt got a couple more stains from Saturday night's dinner, so I will look a bit rough at the SIU game and into the playoff run.

GreenfieldBison
11-06-2018, 07:42 PM
My game shirt is starting to show the wear of the season. I don't wash it until the season is over so that it keeps its mojo. (Side note: the former game shirt last saw the Fargo Dome at the JMU loss and will NEVER be seen at another game as it lost the mojo). The current shirt got a couple more stains from Saturday night's dinner, so I will look a bit rough at the SIU game and into the playoff run.

Do you mean to say that the former game shirt has not been burned (GASP!!) ?

cbline
11-06-2018, 07:57 PM
Do you mean to say that the former game shirt has not been burned (GASP!!) ?

The former shirt was sentenced to hard labor. I wear it when doing chores around the farm, but it will no longer be worn in public.

barnwintersportsengelstad
11-07-2018, 01:28 AM
The former shirt was sentenced to hard labor. I wear it when doing chores around the farm, but it will no longer be worn in public.

I like ^^^. Hard labor, LOL.
I've too many of these where they were worn only one or two FB games. Sentencing by black marker dot on inside of back collar. Running low on the game time Sioux stuff, been lately also wearing some of the Bird.

Tell Captain Scottie his niece played very well today for the Hawks.

bri-dog
11-27-2018, 05:00 PM
I'm working on a stock certificate as we speak for "Byzen Digital, Inc." It's a sign from above.

BisonTeacher
12-14-2018, 12:08 PM
Because its a work day. I set my alarm last night for 12:01 am. Got up and made a stumplifter, because its a morning beverage. Then went back to bed. You're Welcome.

GreenfieldBison
12-14-2018, 03:22 PM
Because its a work day. I set my alarm last night for 12:01 am. Got up and made a stumplifter, because its a morning beverage. Then went back to bed. You're Welcome.

Yeah but, what’s that stumplifter doing now? More importantly, are you actually going to work?????

Bison 4 Life
12-14-2018, 03:55 PM
I put my flag holder on the front of my new house this year. I often go out the garage on the side of the house pointing a different direction so I rarely see the front of my house on a day to day basis. Yesterday I realized I forgot to take my flag down on Sunday as is my tradition. I took it down so I could put it back up today.

If there's a slow start, I apologize.

cbline
12-14-2018, 04:44 PM
I get anxious every time I put up my Bison Pride flag at our farmstead along Highway 10. After the first one was stolen, I certainly don't want this one to meet the same fate. I have no evidence, but I blame a random F'Hawker who drive by.

MAKBison
12-14-2018, 05:01 PM
I get anxious every time I put up my Bison Pride flag at our farmstead along Highway 10. After the first one was stolen, I certainly don't want this one to meet the same fate. I have no evidence, but I blame a random F'Hawker who drive by.

Three words
Sniper Bait.

( well most understand this is not to be taken literally.... I find that in today's day and age you need a disclaimer... Sad but true! again don't actually use your flag of sniper bait)

OrygunBison
03-24-2021, 06:05 PM
Just starting up this discussion again because of a bit of dialog in the Sproles thread. In the opus below, I’m declare without any doubt that the team needs Chapo’s constant nonsense and they need me to wear my goddamn Bison socks during games.

In all seriousness, it is sort of uncanny. My socks, like Chapo's vigilant douchbaggery over matters such as Superman Zeb or Bison to FBS or his calling out "weak" or "uncommitted" players in the Sproles thread, are clearly responsible for the success that Bison Football has had over the years. Before you mock me for suggesting this, please consider the following:

1.) From 1995-2002: I sadly mostly lost track of the program. I wasn't living anywhere near Fargo and at that time, my only way to keep track of the team was to subscribe to the Sunday Forum fishwrap, which wouldn't arrive until 3 or 4 days later. Given the nature of the fishwrap, I'm sure that you can understand my difficulty in really understanding what was going on with the team. I also didn’t yet own Bison socks. Also during this time, el Chapo hadn't yet mastered his craft, focusing instead on his semi-pro baseball career and vacationing in places where bitches be raining.

While not terrible, I consider these years a dark time in Bison Football.

2.) Around 2003, I purchased the socks. After the announcement of the transition to DI, I realized that the only Bison gear that I owned had somehow shrunken really bad and was all super tight. I bought a jersey, a couple of sweatshirts and long T's, and the now important socks. I wasn't aware yet about the power of the socks so I have limited documentation of the games that were lost because of my shortsightedness between 2003 and 2010. I believe it was early in the 2008 season when I lost them right before the Wyoming game. Note that during this time, Chapo - while still full of himself - was primarily focused on the aforementioned raining bitches and reminiscing about his former baseball career. It wasn't until 2007 that we began hearing from him about a translucent (almost clear) young fellow sitting on the bench backing up old Stevie, wearing #18 that was going to transform FCS football as we all knew it. It was during this time that Chapo began to really hone his iniquitous skills.

3.) December 3rd, 2010: Bozeman, Montana. I met an old roommate of mine from Churchill Hall and a variety of notorious houses in Fargo from the late 80’s/early 90’s. To this day, he’s the main guy that I coordinate with when in Fargo and Frisco. We met at a restaurant in the early evening. He had just driven from a worksite that he had in Butte. I had just driven from Portland. We both needed a drink. It was a raucous party atmosphere that night so when he handed me the #16 jersey and the replacement socks I had asked him to bring from Scheels, I didn’t recognize the gravity of the moment. Later that night, I met Chapo for the first time. With confidence and clarity, he told me how shit was going to go down during the game the next day. His faith in a huge day by Jose dropping dimes all over the field was matched only by his hope that Bohl would finally give up on McNorton at running back and feed Voigtlander and Mike Sigers the rock, assuming that they needed to run the ball at all. For me, this is when the Chapo legend began.

4.) December 4th, I wore the socks. They are yellow and have a green bison on the calf. They go to just below my knees. They are warm, which is why I wore them on that particular day.

5.) December 11th, I forgot the socks in Portland and didn’t have them on during the game.

6.) December 12th, 2010 to mid-afternoon on September 3rd, 2011: After the game in Cheney, I ruminated on what had happened. It seemed like luck just wasn’t on our side during that game. The team itself had played well but through seemingly supernatural forces still ended up losing the game in dramatic fashion. After a few nights listening to Bison MBB games over the web, I began to recognize a pattern. When I had the socks on, we had a better chance of winning. It wasn’t in full force yet, mainly because Trayvonn Wright could only vertical jump 5’-2” at the time, not the amount that he eventually would achieve. Unfortunately, (and I’m ashamed to admit) I used that BB season as an experiment of sorts, wearing the socks for some games and not doing so for other games. How else can you explain that a team that had Braun, Coleman, Tveidt, Wright, and Bjorklund went 14-15 on the season? Please accept my humble apologies for that. Anyway, I decided to give the socks a chance, to commit to their power when football season began the following fall. It was also during this off-season that Chapo’s belief that we should find a way for Marcus Williams to play 2 positions simultaneously on every single play of the game began to be a thing.

From that point forward, Bison Football has had unprecedented success. The nonsensical drivel from Lake Chapo has been a constant. Also, I’ve worn the socks with only a few occasional mis-steps:

A) November 12, 2011: I missed the game due to my son’s soccer game. The message from the football gods was clear that day: “Praise Bison Football and fuck soccer.”

B) January 10, 2015: In my morning fog after a long night at The Lodge in Dallas, I forgot to wear the socks to the game. I didn’t even recognize it until one Mr. Roberson made Kyle Emmanuel look a little foolish on a quarterback keeper. Thank goodness for mythology of Legendowski for saving the day from my lack of focus.

C) October 17, 2015: I didn’t even remotely consider this game as a potential loss. The football gods message this day was clear: “Even Bison fans need to remain focused and not look ahead to more challenging games.”

D) February 27, 2021: I’m so sorry.

There have been a few other losses out there but I can only attribute them to either the football gods picking on another Bison fan or Tony’s ban of Lake Chapo.

So, next time you bitch at Lakes for his constant blathering about…whatever... please remember that the team is depending on him to be a dipshit. They need his ridicule of certain players and his blind love of others. The program needs his focus on bigger and better things such as FBS and star system recruiting.

And they need my socks.

cbline
03-24-2021, 06:22 PM
Just starting up this discussion again because of a bit of dialog in the Sproles thread. In the opus below, I’m declare without any doubt that the team needs Chapo’s constant nonsense and they need me to wear my goddamn Bison socks during games.

In all seriousness, it is sort of uncanny. My socks, like Chapo's vigilant douchbaggery over matters such as Superman Zeb or Bison to FBS or his calling out "weak" or "uncommitted" players in the Sproles thread, are clearly responsible for the success that Bison Football has had over the years. Before you mock me for suggesting this, please consider the following:

1.) From 1995-2002: I sadly mostly lost track of the program. I wasn't living anywhere near Fargo and at that time, my only way to keep track of the team was to subscribe to the Sunday Forum fishwrap, which wouldn't arrive until 3 or 4 days later. Given the nature of the fishwrap, I'm sure that you can understand my difficulty in really understanding what was going on with the team. I also didn’t yet own Bison socks. Also during this time, el Chapo hadn't yet mastered his craft, focusing instead on his semi-pro baseball career and vacationing in places where bitches be raining.

2.) Around 2003, I purchased the socks. After the announcement of the transition to DI, I realized that the only Bison gear that I owned had somehow shrunken really bad and was all super tight. I bought a jersey, a couple of sweatshirts and long T's, and the now important socks. I wasn't aware yet about the power of the socks so I have limited documentation of the games that were lost because of my shortsightedness between 2003 and 2010. I believe it was early in the 2008 season when I lost them right before the Wyoming game. Note that during this time, Chapo - while still full of himself - was primarily focused on the aforementioned raining bitches and reminiscing about his former baseball career. It wasn't until 2007 that we began hearing from him about a translucent (almost clear) young fellow sitting on the bench backing up old Stevie, wearing #18 that was going to transform FCS football as we all knew it. It was during this time that Chapo began to really hone his iniquitous skills.

3.) December 3rd, 2010: Bozeman, Montana. I met an old roommate of mine from Churchill Hall and a variety of notorious houses in Fargo from the late 80’s/early 90’s. To this day, he’s the main guy that I coordinate with when in Fargo and Frisco. We met at a restaurant in the early evening. He had just driven from a worksite that he had in Butte. I had just driven from Portland. We both needed a drink. It was a raucous party atmosphere that night so when he handed me the #16 jersey and the replacement socks I had asked him to bring from Scheels, I didn’t recognize the gravity of the moment. Later that night, I met Chapo for the first time. With confidence and clarity, he told me how shit was going to go down during the game the next day. His faith in a huge day by Jose dropping dimes all over the field was matched only by his hope that Bohl would finally give up on McNorton at running back and feed Voigtlander and Mike Sigers the rock, assuming that they needed to run the ball at all. For me, this is when the Chapo legend began.

4.) December 4th, I wore the socks. They are yellow and have a green bison on the calf. They go to just below my knees. They are warm, which is why I wore them on that particular day.

5.) December 11th, I forgot the socks in Portland and didn’t have them on during the game.

6.) December 12th, 2010 to mid-afternoon on September 3rd, 2011: After the game in Cheney, I ruminated on what had happened. It seemed like luck just wasn’t on our side during that game. The team itself had played well but through seemingly supernatural forces still ended up losing the game in dramatic fashion. After a few nights listening to Bison MBB games over the web, I began to recognize a pattern. When I had the socks on, we had a better chance of winning. It wasn’t in full force yet, mainly because Trayvonn Wright could only vertical jump 5’-2” at the time, not the amount that he eventually would achieve. Unfortunately, (and I’m ashamed to admit) I used that BB season as an experiment of sorts, wearing the socks for some games and not doing so for other games. How else can you explain that a team that had Braun, Coleman, Tveidt, Wright, and Bjorklund went 14-15 on the season? Please accept my humble apologies for that. Anyway, I decided to give the socks a chance, to commit to their power when football season began the following fall. It was also during this off-season that Chapo’s belief that we should find a way for Marcus Williams to play 2 positions simultaneously on every single play of the game began to be a thing.

From that point forward, Bison Football has had unprecedented success. The nonsensical drivel from Lake Chapo has been a constant. Also, I’ve worn the socks with only a few occasional mis-steps:

A) November 12, 2011: I missed the game due to my son’s soccer game. The message from the football gods was clear that day: “Praise Bison Football and fuck soccer.”

B) January 10, 2015: In my morning fog after a long night at The Lodge in Dallas, I forgot to wear the socks to the game. I didn’t even recognize it until one Mr. Roberson made Kyle Emmanuel look a little foolish on a quarterback keeper. Thank goodness for mythology of Legendowski for saving the day from my lack of focus.

C) October 17, 2015: I didn’t even remotely consider this game as a potential loss. The football gods message this day was clear: “Even Bison fans need to remain focused and not look ahead to more challenging games.”

There have been a few other losses out there but I can only attribute them to either the football gods picking on another Bison fan or Tony’s ban of Lake Chapo.

So, next time you bitch at Lakes for his constant blathering about…whatever... please remember that the team is depending on him to be a dipshit. They need his ridicule of certain players and his blind love of others. The program needs his focus on bigger and better things such as FBS and star system recruiting.

And they need my socks.

Two words: F'n awesome timeline!

Hammerhead
03-24-2021, 08:14 PM
Did you go to any of the watch parties in the late 90s/early 2000s when the Bison/Sioux game was on TV at a bar somewhere in Portland? We went to a few of those and one in Seattle for the first Gophers game when we were already up there for a weekend of sight-seeing and Vikings game the following day.

And they need my socks.

OrygunBison
03-24-2021, 09:20 PM
Did you go to any of the watch parties in the late 90s/early 2000s when the Bison/Sioux game was on TV at a bar somewhere in Portland? We went to a few of those and one in Seattle for the first Gophers game when we were already up there for a weekend of sight-seeing and Vikings game the following day.

I drove or flew back to North Dakota from either Michigan or Portland for all but one of the Bison-Whioux games from 1996 to 2003. For the one game I missed, I went to a watch party at a bar in Beaverton, which was kinda lame because there were too many UND grads there. (Note that 2 is too many as they then can be insufferable.) For that period of time, that game was basically my only real connection with the team. Starting in 2003, I listened to a lot of games on the radio, really getting know love Scotty's call. Then GoBison had their in-stadium feed connected with Scotty and Phil announcing games and I did that for several years, getting every game I could.

BisonHorns
03-24-2021, 10:18 PM

And they need my socks.

I read the whole thing and I can only say one thing. You selfish bastard! Why do you ever take the socks off?

heffray
03-24-2021, 10:48 PM
I read the whole thing and I can only say one thing. You selfish bastard! Why do you ever take the socks off?

They need to last. Save them for gamedays only, Orygun... I don’t want to find out what happens when they cease to be socks anymore.

Sidenote: I bought a Gameday flag this year after the SIU loss. We’ll see how it goes.

Bisonator98
03-25-2021, 02:05 PM
I'm trying to figure out how we can get a permanent protective coating on Orygun's socks. Would lacquer work? Maybe we need to go to bronze but that might be too heavy and hard for him to put them on..........fuck it this isn't about him it's about the Bison!:biggrin:

MankatoBison
03-25-2021, 02:22 PM

And they need my socks.

Loved the timeline, but confused about the 20+ Lakes references lol. Your post would have been exactly as entertaining without shitting on other people. Still enjoyed reading haha

OrygunBison
03-25-2021, 03:12 PM
Loved the timeline, but confused about the 20+ Lakes references lol. Your post would have been exactly as entertaining without shitting on other people. Still enjoyed reading haha

He was taking a beating in the Phoenix thread for being....well, him. I initially started writing this to add levity in that thread to point out that the team needs him to be him but it soon got out of hand so I put it in the appropriate location.

Thanks for your concern, Wendell.

totoinfl
03-25-2021, 03:42 PM
He was taking a beating in the Phoenix thread for being....well, him. I initially started writing this to add levity in that thread to point out that the team needs him to be him but it soon got out of hand so I put it in the appropriate location.

Thanks for your concern, Wendell.

I feel your pain...whether it is not wearing your socks or dealing with legitimate Sybill of this board. I also take some of the blame for the SIU game as it was a glorious day here in Florida and I was out trimming trees until the second quarter and the proceeded to watch the game without one of my several tried and true good luck shirts. I guess I take 99.7% of what Chapo/Lakes/Sam says with a grain of salt and look for a way to chuckle. Being a bit older than you, I also drifted away from the program for a few years. Left in 84, got married, 4 kids and I really didn't rejoin the program until 92 when I moved to Kansas. For the past 20+ years I have been fairly rabid...the internet helps. Net, Net, DONT LOSE THE DAMN SOCKS.