PDA

View Full Version : Cow Bells

aces1180
11-06-2011, 04:28 PM
How is it that the MVFC/NCAA turns a blind eye to artificial noise makers when the Bison are on the road? Yesterday was a prime example. I doubt they had any impact on the outcome of the game at ISU-B, but its the principal of the matter.

I know that if our fans brought those things into the Dome, 1) the MVFC/NCAA would have a shit fit and 2) dome security would have a field day kicking out offenders, 3) NDSU fans would be ripped apart and called classless on message boards more than they already are.

Bison"FANatic"
11-06-2011, 04:32 PM
My wife made the same comment saying "I thought we couldn't have cowbells but I can hear them on the TV." Stuck out like a sore thumb and they must have had a mic on the one lady as she stuck out plain as day.

HerdBot
11-06-2011, 04:35 PM
How is it that the MVFC/NCAA turns a blind eye to artificial noise makers when the Bison are on the road? Yesterday was a prime example. I doubt they had any impact on the outcome of the game at ISU-B, but its the principal of the matter.

I know that if our fans brought those things into the Dome, 1) the MVFC/NCAA would have a shit fit and 2) dome security would have a field day kicking fans out offenders, 3) NDSU fans would be ripped apart and called classless on message boards more than they already are.

Good post. You are correct if we did that it would be a major deal. Plus it pisses me off because I would love to have one. Uni uses a loophole and uses keys.

Bison 4 Life
11-06-2011, 04:39 PM
It may have come out on the tv but you could BARELY hear any noise at the stadium. That was the quietest place I have ever heard. I mentioned (in a very conversational volume) to the person sitting next to me that I couldn't hear the noise, they probably couldn't on the field either.

4mcruenomore
11-06-2011, 04:40 PM
I've been saying this forever now.

BisonTeacher
11-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Somebody had to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjsUf_oIgp0

Bisonguy
11-06-2011, 04:56 PM
It's a double standard. If the crowd isn't very large or isn't very loud, they tend to overlook these things. If 5 Bison fans showed up to the Fargodome and used a cowbell, NDSU would be facing MVFC sanctions.

Same as the regular season game at Montana State back in 2005. NDSU fans had cowbells confiscated, but Montana State fans behind the NDSU bench were using those stupid plastic clapper things all game long.

Hammerhead
11-06-2011, 04:57 PM
There was another FCS game I came across while channel surfing yesterday where many of the students had the type of plastic horns that were common at Dacotah Field.

DjKyRo
11-06-2011, 05:26 PM
It's weird that almost everyone seems to break these kind of rules except NDSU. EWU had their PA guy cheerleading at our game when we couldn't. Doesn't make sense.

Notorious
11-06-2011, 05:28 PM
There was another FCS game I came across while channel surfing yesterday where many of the students had the type of plastic horns that were common at Dacotah Field.

Those horns were great!

Strommer10
11-06-2011, 06:27 PM
We noticed this too while watching the game. And it does happen with regularity. My question is how is this legal? You let one team do it, you let them all do it.

But then again this is the NCAA... They turn their eye away from a lot of things.

Bisonguy
11-06-2011, 06:29 PM
We noticed this too while watching the game. And it does happen with regularity. My question is how is this legal? You let one team do it, you let them all do it.

But then again this is the NCAA... They turn their eye away from a lot of things.

The NCAA only deals with the playoffs. Regular season it's a conference issue.

BadlandsBison
11-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Those horns were great!

I remember when they told the students they couldn't use them anymore, and were complete jerks about it to boot.

DjKyRo
11-06-2011, 07:05 PM
I remember when they told the students they couldn't use them anymore, and were complete jerks about it to boot.

I wonder if using the vuvuzela app on a smart phone would constitute a noisemaker?

2011 Champions
11-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Good post. You are correct if we did that it would be a major deal. Plus it pisses me off because I would love to have one. Uni uses a loophole and uses keys.

Those keys are so loud. Wow!

BisonTeacher
11-06-2011, 07:23 PM
The keys are dumb. They do that at TCF too. I've never understood it. Its really just stupid. A bunch of people just shaking their keys.

roadwarrior
11-06-2011, 07:30 PM
There were cowbells yesterday?

I heard people slapping their hands on the backs of the metal seating.....

Bison 4 Life
11-06-2011, 07:55 PM
There were cowbells yesterday?

I heard people slapping their hands on the backs of the metal seating.....

I heard that too, but I also heard individual conversations. Like I said. quiet.

CaBisonFan
11-06-2011, 08:05 PM
I'm not impressed with the attendance at our away games. I have flashbacks to games at Augustana.

EndZoneQB
11-06-2011, 08:22 PM
I'm not impressed with the attendance at our away games. I have flashbacks to games at Augustana.

Been to a lot of MVC away games?

Relax man. MVC>Augustana.

chuckles
11-06-2011, 10:15 PM
I also never heard them at the stadium, but from SycamorePride.com...

I wish the conference would get rid of the silly NO ARTIFICIAL NOISE MAKERS ALLOWED rule. It is not an ncaa rule, but a MVFC rule. We try to help the team out by getting loud and the secret service shows up and tells us we can't use our ARTIFICIAL NOISE MAKERS.

I'm sure the FFD security is > sycamore secret service, but its good to see they enforce the rule and their fans are equally as frustrated with this 'rule'.

Bison 4 Life
11-06-2011, 10:53 PM
I also never heard them at the stadium, but from SycamorePride.com...

I'm sure the FFD security is > sycamore secret service, but its good to see they enforce the rule and their fans are equally as frustrated with this 'rule'.

Hopefully they got to count them in the attendance figures. 6400? Glad I could help I guess

BadlandsBison
11-07-2011, 12:44 AM
I wonder if using the vuvuzela app on a smart phone would constitute a noisemaker?

I heard that app got added to the "not allowed" list because of some reckless Bison baseball fans.

OrygunBison
11-07-2011, 06:50 AM
I'm not sure anything can compare to the Mississippi Valley State Band playing right through the entire game. I wasn't there but was listening to the audio and our radio guys were pretty flabbergasted. We beat the hell out of them so nobody complained.

ALPHAGRIZ1
11-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Maybe its just me but personally I would never use any noise makers other than the one God gave me.

Cowbells
Vuvuzuelas
Thundar Sticks
Clackers
Keys
Android Apps

Bring your voice and hands, in an outdoor stadium, in the snow, during the playoffs.....The way GOD intended football to be played.

Just my opinion and how I deal with things.....this was not a slam on anyone that likes anything on the list above, just the way I roll.

CAS4127
11-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Maybe its just me but personally I would never use any noise makers other than the one God gave me.

Cowbells
Vuvuzuelas
Thundar Sticks
Clackers
Keys
Android Apps

Bring your voice and hands, in an outdoor stadium, in the snow, during the playoffs.....The way GOD intended football to be played.

Just my opinion and how I deal with things.....this was not a slam on anyone that likes anything on the list above, just the way I roll.

Ya, but it's not fair to the rest of us that "yours" and AG's are bigger than ours--mouths that is!!!!

Twentysix
11-07-2011, 06:06 PM
I'm not sure anything can compare to the Mississippi Valley State Band playing right through the entire game. I wasn't there but was listening to the audio and our radio guys were pretty flabbergasted. We beat the hell out of them so nobody complained.

Arent they a swac team? The football scholarships go to the band down there.....