PDA

View Full Version : Place Kicking

kab1one
11-06-2011, 12:24 PM
For years extra points were an adventure. Now there is confidence a 45 yard field will be made. After watching the Alabama -LSU last nite, its another facet of the game that has improved greatly over the past few years.

gizmo
11-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Agreed. For that reason, I cannot place Alabama in the FBS top ten. Their kicking game is atrocious.

Putz
11-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Very good point. This brings up a question, how will we be for a kicker next year? Has anyone seen Adam Keller in action? With some experience, hopefully he can boot it like Jastram.

A1pigskin
11-06-2011, 01:06 PM
It's an important aspect of the game.

walknroehl
11-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Kinda unrelated but remember when your fantasy football season was won or lost by how good your kicker was? I am glad those days are long gone.

A1pigskin
11-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Soccer players are good kickers, aren't they?

4mcruenomore
11-06-2011, 01:52 PM
After watching that game lastnight, who else is very appreciative of Jazzy? I am.

HandoEX
11-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Jastram for President! I am sooooo glad we don't have the mess at place kicker that ISU-b has!

bisonaudit
11-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Kicking is more important than it has any right to be because coaches are way to conservative and settle for to many FG attempts and punt way to much.

stevdock
11-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Funny how many of you have come full circle on Jastram in just a few games. A lot of people wanted to get rid of him after the Goofers game.

4mcruenomore
11-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Funny how many of you have come full circle on Jastram in just a few games. A lot of people wanted to get rid of him after the Goofers game.
I don't think I ever did, just the PAT thing was messed up for a couple of times, and I think that was the snap. I think he does a good job. It's just one of those "singled out" positions, you know, he can get blamed so easy. I think we have a good kicker though, and I hope Bohl is ready for him to graduate, meaning, a replacement that is just as good.

herdmember
11-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Next year will be interesting in the kicking game with a Redshirt sophomore and a redshirt freshman most likely taking over kicking and punting.

TransAmBison
11-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Kicking is more important than it has any right to be because coaches are way to conservative and settle for to many FG attempts and punt way to much.I can't believe you are saying that. When did you develop this philosophy? :D

gizmo
11-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Kicking is more important than it has any right to be because coaches are way to conservative and settle for to many FG attempts and punt way to much.

I somewhat agree. It's certainly situational but, IMO, last night's LSU vs. Alabama game displayed a classic "play not to lose" mentality and that probably cost 'Bama a shot at a NC. Fact is that sometimes the other team doesn't screw up and you have to earn your points with offense.

THEsocalledfan
11-06-2011, 05:18 PM
Man, I remember a game in like 91 or 92 where the Bison kicker missed two chip shots directly leading to a loss and jokes were going around like:

Hey, did you know the NDSU kicker tried to shoot himself? It would have workded, but he missed wide left......

(After that, I think Rocky actually finally worried about having a kicker....)

I remember the name now: Ludi Milfors (sp?)