PDA

View Full Version : Ugly allegations for former Penn St coach and others

Pages : [1] 2 3

Wally
11-05-2011, 10:47 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-pennstateex-coach-allegations

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP)—A former defensive coach who was integral for decades to Penn State’s football success was accused Saturday of molesting eight boys, and two school administrators were charged with failing to tell police when a witness told them he saw a boy being sexually assaulted in the shower.

Not good

aces1180
11-05-2011, 11:44 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-pennstateex-coach-allegations

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP)—A former defensive coach who was integral for decades to Penn State’s football success was accused Saturday of molesting eight boys, and two school administrators were charged with failing to tell police when a witness told them he saw a boy being sexually assaulted in the shower.

Not good

If true, I hope he gets raped in prison.

BlueKeyAlum
11-06-2011, 01:13 PM
The AD and one of the university VPs are also implicated in perjury to the grand jury. No word if JoePa or the President are in the clear.

No_Skill
11-06-2011, 01:55 PM
If true, I hope he gets raped in prison.

No, he's probably looking forward to that. Child molesters get the shit kicked out of them in prison, or worse.

KSBisonFan
11-06-2011, 03:40 PM
The AD and one of the university VPs are also implicated in perjury to the grand jury. No word if JoePa or the President are in the clear.
Joe Pa can plead senility and any of his players will attest to the fact he's senile. Sick.

coldspot
11-06-2011, 03:42 PM
didn't the women's basketball coach resign a few years ago over decades worth of allegations of homophobia? penn states athletic department is full of winners.

BlueKeyAlum
11-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Yes. Rene Portland supposedly had an unwritten policy of "no lesbians" on the team. Spanier was slowto get involved in that situation as well and it wasn't until a former student brought lawsuit claiming she was treated unfairly because Portland thought she was a lesbian, did the get rid of Portland.

JoePa runs that department anyway....Spanier is just the figurehead AD.

TheBisonator
11-06-2011, 08:14 PM
I read the official press release story from the GopherHole board.

Reading that story really made my stomache turn for some reason. This is about the worst thing that can happen in general.

Another thing I was thinking: Why is it almost always old men in their 60's-70's getting busted for these types of things?? Is it because this kind of behaviour can last for decades before someone stumbles uopn what's going on??

BlueKeyAlum
11-07-2011, 03:02 PM
I read the official press release story from the GopherHole board.

Reading that story really made my stomache turn for some reason. This is about the worst thing that can happen in general.

Another thing I was thinking: Why is it almost always old men in their 60's-70's getting busted for these types of things?? Is it because this kind of behaviour can last for decades before someone stumbles uopn what's going on??

I don't think it's only men in their 60s and 70s getting busted for predation. Look at sex offenders....the ones that prey on kids tend to be mostly male and of any age. And I suspect those numbers are under reported. We tend to think of predators as dirty old men but in reality there is more variance in the population.

bisonaudit
11-07-2011, 03:46 PM
According to the Washington Post's reading of the court papers JoPa knew of at least one of the incidents.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/if-jerry-sandusky-allegations-are-true-penn-state-and-joe-paterno-deserve/2011/11/05/gIQAYIucqM_story.html

bisonmike2
11-07-2011, 04:14 PM
If JoePa knew, he should be gone. Also, the dude wrote a book and it was titled "Touched". Seriously? Wow.

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss121/hkristofer/touched-jerry-sandusky-story-hardcover-cover-art.jpg

DjKyRo
11-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Sorry Slick, but looks like this is the end of JoePa.

CAS4127
11-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Sorry Slick, but looks like this is the end of JoePa.

It should be. This just makes me sick to my effing stomach.

bisonmike2
11-07-2011, 05:05 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/307810_289078824447493_100000361325537_995590_1765 813394_n.jpg

56BISON73
11-07-2011, 05:48 PM
From what I read in the article when Jopa became aware of the situation he reported it to the proper school authorities. It was the responsibility of those people to report it to law enforcement. Jopa may dodge the bullet on this one.

bisonaudit
11-07-2011, 05:53 PM
From what I read in the article when Jopa became aware of the situation he reported it to the proper school authorities. It was the responsibility of those people to report it to law enforcement. Jopa may dodge the bullet on this one.

If he does that's dispicable. I'm sorry but if you're aware of something that terrible going on your duty isn't to report it to the head football coach and his duty isn't to report it to the AD and his duty isn't to report it to the President of Penn State. It's everyone's duty to report it to the police. It's like they're all walking around in robes and collars up there in Happy Valley.

56BISON73
11-07-2011, 06:11 PM
If he does that's dispicable. I'm sorry but if you're aware of something that terrible going on your duty isn't to report it to the head football coach and his duty isn't to report it to the AD and his duty isn't to report it to the President of Penn State. It's everyone's duty to report it to the police. It's like they're all walking around in robes and collars up there in Happy Valley.

When Jopa became aware of it it was an allegeded incident. So he followed the chain of command. IMO
Sounds like there was alot going on and the higher ups turned a bind eye which is appalling to me.

bisonmike2
11-07-2011, 06:29 PM
When Jopa became aware of it it was an allegeded incident. So he followed the chain of command. IMO
Sounds like there was alot going on and the higher ups turned a bind eye which is appalling to me.

I could see that working if the allegations were "I saw Coach Sandusky parking in the handicap spot", but allegations of kiddie diddling are way more serious. I get JoePa going to his superiors and saying this is what he heard, but at some point don't you ask them, "Hey, remember that thing I talked to you earlier about Sandusky? Whatever happened to that?"

BlueKeyAlum
11-07-2011, 06:56 PM
I could see that working if the allegations were "I saw Coach Sandusky parking in the handicap spot", but allegations of kiddie diddling are way more serious. I get JoePa going to his superiors and saying this is what he heard, but at some point don't you ask them, "Hey, remember that thing I talked to you earlier about Sandusky? Whatever happened to that?"

We don't know if that question was asked or not. I think shortly after this reported incident, Sandusky was no longer with Penn State. I don't know if that was a contributing factor or not in Sandusky leaving.

bisonmike2
11-07-2011, 07:18 PM
We don't know if that question was asked or not. I think shortly after this reported incident, Sandusky was no longer with Penn State. I don't know if that was a contributing factor or not in Sandusky leaving.
True. Either way I've got a feeling that this could be the final year for JoePa.

bisonaudit
11-07-2011, 07:24 PM
According to the grand jury documents anyone who knew was legally obligated to disclose it to the police.

Sandusky stopped coaching Penn State in 1999. The incident in question, vis-a-vi Joe Pa, occured in 2002 in Penn State's facilities with a child that Sandusky was hosting on campus as part of his Second Mile charitable foundation.

It may be that this monster started a charity to help disadvantaged kids 30 years ago and has been using it to prey on them ever since.

CAS4127
11-07-2011, 07:27 PM
According to the grand jury documents anyone who knew was legally obligated to disclose it to the police.

Sandusky stopped coaching Penn State in 1999. The incident in question, vis-a-vi Joe Pa, occured in 2002 in Penn State's facilities with a child that Sandusky was hosting on campus as part of his Second Mile charitable foundation.

It may be that this monster started a charity to help disadvantaged kids 30 years ago and has been using it to prey on them ever since.

Ya, and you implied earlier this conduct was isolated to the Catholic church. Well, guess what?? It ain't!!!

bisonaudit
11-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Ya, and you implied earlier this conduct was isolated to the Catholic church. Well, guess what?? It ain't!!!

I implied that this conduct occured in the Catholic church, cover up and all. I in no way implied that it was isolated to the Catholic church.

CAS4127
11-07-2011, 07:35 PM
I implied that this conduct occured in the Catholic church, cover up and all. I in no way implied that it was isolated to the Catholic church.

Alright, sh*t, I will give you that!!

MNLonghorn10
11-07-2011, 10:38 PM
slick...point on the doll where sandusky touched you

MNLonghorn10
11-07-2011, 10:42 PM
there is, but when 10 years go by and this shitheads still out on the prowl without anything being done...wouldnt you take charge??

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/07/report-sandusky-worked-out-at-penn-state-last-week/related/

i mean he was at penn state just last week working out.

NDSUstudent
11-08-2011, 12:09 AM
The GA who saw this was Mike McQueary who currently is receivers coach/recruiting coordinator at Penn State. This really doesn't add up, how can McQueary be ok with this scumbag's continued presence on campus? How could Joe Pa be ok with it for that matter? How could he not discuss it further with Joe Pa? Who is running Penn State's football program....it's starting to look like Joe Pa checked out a long time ago.

BlueKeyAlum
11-08-2011, 12:13 AM
there is, but when 10 years go by and this shitheads still out on the prowl without anything being done...wouldnt you take charge??

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/07/report-sandusky-worked-out-at-penn-state-last-week/related/

What would you do? You've turned it over to the people who need to know. It's been in Grand Jury for what, the last two years? maybe not that long. What else can you do? Start your own investigation? You could jeopardze everything.

Bison bison
11-08-2011, 12:19 AM
How about call the police?

Not sure where these people are from. I see an adult assaulting someone, I'm going to stop it. Doubly so if it's against a kid and Trebly so if it's sexual in nature.

Maybe it's because I came from one of the few cultures where sodomizing a ten-year-old boy is unacceptable?

This world is full of bystanders.

CAS4127
11-08-2011, 12:19 AM
I would jeopardizeneberything--period!! AYFKM??!!

BlueKeyAlum
11-08-2011, 12:26 AM
The GA who saw this was Mike McQueary who currently is receivers coach/recruiting coordinator at Penn State. This really doesn't add up, how can McQueary be ok with this scumbag's continued presence on campus? How could Joe Pa be ok with it for that matter? How could he not discuss it further with Joe Pa? Who is running Penn State's football program....it's starting to look like Joe Pa checked out a long time ago.

Maybe they're not Ok with it. We don't know anybody's OK with it.

NDSUstudent
11-08-2011, 12:37 AM
Maybe they're not Ok with it. We don't know anybody's OK with it.

Then why is this person still using Penn State facilities? The buck stops with Joe Pa, he should have banned this individual from using any facility and immediately cut any and all ties between Sandusky and PSU football until he was cleared of all charges. McQueary having saw what he saw should have made sure that was the least that happened.

BlueKeyAlum
11-08-2011, 12:50 AM
Then why is this person still using Penn State facilities? The buck stops with Joe Pa, he should have banned this individual from using any facility and immediately cut any and all ties between Sandusky and PSU football until he was cleared of all charges. McQueary having saw what he saw should have made sure that was the least that happened.

Can JoePa ban someone from using facilities? Keep in mind,...this is a state instituition. It's not like you can just refuse service if they paid dues to use the facility or have a contract to use those facilities. state facilities are open for tax payers often per agreement. Is JoePa in charge of facilities? Is he in charge of third party contracts? Chances are on a college campus your talking about different departments who have oversight. And chances are....campus legal services are calling all the shots. And they're going to be participating in the grand jury proceeedings and also trying to balance Sandusky's rights....and yes, as heinous as these allegations are, he has rights until charges are filed, with the safety of others. Because Sandusky can pull his lawyers into a lawsuit against the school claiming his rights are being violated without just cause.

NDSUstudent
11-08-2011, 01:24 AM
I'm pretty sure Joe Pa could have banned him from the football building on campus. He probably couldn't ban the man from stepping onto campus though.

Tatanka
11-08-2011, 01:27 AM
It would have been difficult not to go all Batman on this scumbag. Anything short of calling the cops is a fail in my book.

ISXBISON
11-08-2011, 01:28 AM
Paterno should resign immediately

EndZoneQB
11-08-2011, 01:32 AM
Paterno should resign immediately

I think JoPa was fired(or died, it's open to interpretation) 7 years ago, but through some glitch in payroll, he still gets a paycheck.

WYOBISONMAN
11-08-2011, 01:35 AM
Paterno did what he should have done.......alert administration. Remember......he is just the coach, not in charge of the department. I have more respect for Paterno than any coach ever in the history of college football.

NDSUstudent
11-08-2011, 01:42 AM
Paterno did what he should have done.......alert administration. Remember......he is just the coach, not in charge of the department. I have more respect for Paterno than any coach ever in the history of college football.

I don't know what all Paterno did, I honestly hope he did a lot more then what has been reported and I'd like to think he did. But with that said, just alerting administration is about the very least a head coach could do in that situation. This is his program, it happened in his facility, involved a former coach that he has allowed access to use said facilities and on top of that one of his GAs saw it all happen. Just telling the AD is not enough.

westnodak93bison
11-08-2011, 01:43 AM
I think JoPa was fired(or died, it's open to interpretation) 7 years, but through some glitch in payroll, he still gets a paycheck.

You mean like Milton in "Office Space"? We all know how that turned out.

56BISON73
11-08-2011, 01:54 AM

You would think so wouldnt you.

BisoninNWMN
11-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Nobody spends that kind of time in the football facility w/o Paterno knowing about it.

Paterno could have done a lot more than he did. He should resign.

MNLonghorn10
11-08-2011, 12:34 PM
care to explain why his statement said he was shocked by the allegations...how can u be shocked over something you were told about 10 yrs ago? Maybe hes just shocked hugging and blowing a 10 yr old boy is actually a disgusting crime.

bisonaudit
11-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Remember......he is just the coach, not in charge of the department. I have more respect for Paterno than any coach ever in the history of college football.

Sorry, but Joe Pa is not "just a coach" he runs that place.

This has the makings of a total disaster for Paterno, Penn St, and the State of Pennslyvania. Apparently Joe Pa and some in the administration were aware of this stuff at least as early as 1998. Sandusky retired in 1999 and they shuffled him off to run his foundation. Three years later when more misconduct popped up they said you can't molest your kids on the main campus, move them down the road to another facility. It was just cover up after cover up. According to a local reporter who was on ESPN radio last night his and other news organization had been hearing stories for years and had made various attempts to investigate but Penn St had always closed ranks and they were never able to get enough to publish.

The University President needs to get out in front of this thing, yesterday, and go all Hercules and the Augean Stables on the athletic department or he's going to be out on his ass too. Watch what happens there and that will tell you all you need to know about who really calls the shots at Penn State.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
11-08-2011, 02:10 PM
Say it ain't so Joe........say it ain't so.......

Sadly it appears it is

Everything I am hearing about this makes me sick to my stomache......Linebacker U coach is a child molester...10 yr olds?...In coaches Locker/Shower

Anybody who knew about this and did not make an effort to bring this to the Police, should meet face to face with the young boys and their parents.

Penn State may run a clean program...if so clean the house of this festering crap.....everyone who knew must go.

bisonmike2
11-08-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm pretty sure Joe Pa could have banned him from the football building on campus. He probably couldn't ban the man from stepping onto campus though.

Maybe JoePa let him stay on campus because he misunderstood what Sandusky meant by when he said he was using the facilities to work out some "tight ends".

/sorry, couldn't help it.:hide:

NDSUstudent
11-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Matt Millen gives his take and gets pretty emotional about it on ESPN......

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7207952&categoryid=2564308

NDSUstudent
11-09-2011, 12:02 AM
It just gets crazier, Sundusky gave a commencement speech in 2007.....

-- 3 p.m.: The College of Health and Human Development commencement ceremony in the Bryce Jordan Center. Jerry Sandusky, founder of The Second Mile, will speak.

http://live.psu.edu/story/24106

unbison
11-09-2011, 03:44 AM
free joe pa now!!!!

JSUBison
11-09-2011, 04:22 AM
Beat Nebraska! :facepalm: Students come over to JoePa's house, and this happens. I don't think Paterno makes it till Saturday. Reporters will eat him alive post game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O0EeTDWVPc

godhateswalmart
11-09-2011, 04:37 AM
I think we should all have a cold Bud for Slick , sambini can I get a my o my ?

NDSUstudent
11-09-2011, 06:27 AM
Beat Nebraska! :facepalm: Students come over to JoePa's house, and this happens. I don't think Paterno makes it till Saturday. Reporters will eat him alive post game.

That is the definition of PR disaster. It makes PSU fans and JoePa look like they are completely out of touch with reality.

Notorious
11-09-2011, 11:37 AM
A person his age, with no reason to live, typically dies sooner, than later. It's sad, but even more disturbing, which doesn't yet allow me to feel sorry for him.

Da_Bizon
11-09-2011, 01:57 PM
According to Sportscenter, JoePa has "decided to retire" at the end of the season.

bisonmike2
11-09-2011, 01:59 PM
I read part of the grand jury statement last night. Holy f*ck, what a disturbing situation they have going on there.

MNLonghorn10
11-09-2011, 02:30 PM
According to Sportscenter, JoePa has "decided to retire" at the end of the season.

i hope he is fired by then. Sick fuck

bisonmike2
11-09-2011, 02:48 PM
I wonder how PSU is going to play this weekend? I could see them getting blown out. Can't imagine trying to prepare for a game when you have this media circus going on. Every question is related to Sandusky and nothing about the upcoming game.

onbison09
11-09-2011, 03:05 PM
I wonder how PSU is going to play this weekend? I could see them getting blown out. Can't imagine trying to prepare for a game when you have this media circus going on. Every question is related to Sandusky and nothing about the upcoming game.

Or they could circle the wagons. Doubtful though

EndZoneQB
11-09-2011, 03:45 PM

It's not like Paterno has been coaching this team for the recent past anyway...

bisonmike2
11-09-2011, 04:07 PM
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh80/dante41/1320698555808.png

/not mine.

EndZoneQB
11-09-2011, 04:08 PM
If an older woman who goes after younger men is known as a "cougar," is an older man who goes after younger boys a "nittany lion?"

aces1180
11-09-2011, 04:09 PM
If an older woman who goes after younger men is known as a "cougar," is an older man who goes after younger boys a "nittany lion?"

That was funny when I posted it yesterday...

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?6376-TransAmBison-s-Playground&p=552451#post552451

I'm just giving you crap...It makes me laugh.

EndZoneQB
11-09-2011, 04:14 PM
That was funny when I posted it yesterday...

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?6376-TransAmBison-s-Playground&p=552451#post552451

I'm just giving you crap...It makes me laugh.

Damnit. I'll admit it, I don't read that thread.

bisonmike2
11-09-2011, 04:17 PM
I'd really like to hear the explanation of why Curley banned Sandusky from bringing children onto the campus yet claims to have not know of any wrong doing.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57320331/sandusky-moved-youth-camps-after-campus-ban/

bisonaudit
11-09-2011, 04:23 PM
I'd really like to hear the explanation of why Curley banned Sandusky from bringing children onto the campus yet claims to have not know of any wrong doing.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57320331/sandusky-moved-youth-camps-after-campus-ban/

Total speculation but perhaps Sandusky knew some things about how Penn State football actually operates which aren't at all consistent with their 'success with honor' motto and rather than go the mutually assured distruction route they decided that they'd allow Sandusky to continue abusing children.

DjKyRo
11-09-2011, 04:29 PM
I'm really afraid to think of how Miami will try to outdo this. They're so good at one-upping other schools' problems as is.

bisonmike2
11-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Total speculation but perhaps Sandusky knew some things about how Penn State football actually operates which aren't at all consistent with their 'success with honor' moto and rather than go the mutually assured distruction route they decided that they'd allow Sandusky to continue abusing children.

That's what I'm thinking. The more I read about this the more I'm saying WTF, they need to just completely dismantle the entire PSU athletic department. This is a comment from Mike McQuery's dad in the USA today.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/bigten/story/2011-11-08/penn-state-scandal-mike-mcquery/51129742/1?AID=4992781&PID=4003003&SID=a7dqdqcmsds3
"The investigation has been going on for three years, and I've known for 10 years," John said. "This is about a child. … That's what makes this tough on everyone."

He's known for 10 years and the investigation has been going on for 3 years. What the f*ck. What about that 7 year gap? They're protecting the university over everything else. It's disgusting.

bisonmike2
11-09-2011, 04:34 PM
And you can't make up the stuff that's coming out about this whole ordeal.

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/sandusky-blitz.jpg

http://cdn.wwtdd.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/jerry_sandusky_peen_state_1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/LeafyGreens/Sandusky.jpg

bisonaudit
11-09-2011, 04:37 PM
thebiglead.com has posted one withering Penn St/Joe Pa take down after another all morning.

bisonaudit
11-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Looks like the University President is out:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=nfp-20111109_report_penn_state_president_will_be_gone_ by_end_of_day

ISXBISON
11-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Paterno needs to be fired NOW. There is no logical reason he should be allowed to go out on his terms and resign at the end of the season. What an absolute travesty!

CAS4127
11-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Paterno needs to be fired NOW. There is no logical reason he should be allowed to go out on his terms and resign at the end of the season. What an absolute travesty!

As soon as the president is gone, it will then be Paterno's turn--have to let the lower-enders on the totem pole go down first ya know!!

BlueKeyAlum
11-09-2011, 08:46 PM
Here's some really weird shit for conspiracy folks to gnaw on.

"One of the questions surrounding the sex-abuse case against Jerry Sandusky is why a former district attorney chose not to prosecute the then-Penn State assistant coach in 1998 after reports surfaced that he had inappropriate interactions with a boy.

The answer is unknowable because of an unsolved mystery: What happened to Ray Gricar, the Centre County, Pa., district attorney?

Gricar went missing in April 2005. The murky circumstances surrounding his disappearance — an abandoned car, a laptop recovered months later in a river without a hard drive, his body was never found — have spawned Web sites, television programs and conspiracy theories. More than six years later, the police still receive tips and reports of sightings. The police in central Pennsylvania continue to investigate even though Gricar’s daughter, Lara, successfully petitioned in July to have her father declared legally dead so the family could find some closure and begin dividing his estate. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/09/sports/ncaafootball/questions-on-sandusky-wrapped-in-2005-gricar-mystery.html?_r=3&ref=sports

coldspot
11-09-2011, 08:50 PM

"One of the questions surrounding the sex-abuse case against Jerry Sandusky is why a former district attorney chose not to prosecute the then-Penn State assistant coach in 1998 after reports surfaced that he had inappropriate interactions with a boy.

The answer is unknowable because of an unsolved mystery: What happened to Ray Gricar, the Centre County, Pa., district attorney?

Gricar went missing in April 2005. The murky circumstances surrounding his disappearance — an abandoned car, a laptop recovered months later in a river without a hard drive, his body was never found — have spawned Web sites, television programs and conspiracy theories. More than six years later, the police still receive tips and reports of sightings. The police in central Pennsylvania continue to investigate even though Gricar’s daughter, Lara, successfully petitioned in July to have her father declared legally dead so the family could find some closure and begin dividing his estate. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/09/sports/ncaafootball/questions-on-sandusky-wrapped-in-2005-gricar-mystery.html?_r=3&ref=sports

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw

TheBisonator
11-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Question for anyone who might know: Was Paterno a mandated reporter?? He was the head FB coach at an educational institution, I'm just wondering if that qualified him to be one.

If he was a mandated reporter, didn't he break the law by not going to police??

CAS4127
11-09-2011, 08:57 PM
Question for anyone who might know: Was Paterno a mandated reporter?? He was the head FB coach at an educational institution, I'm just wondering if that qualified him to be one.

No, plus he did not witness anything.

ISXBISON
11-09-2011, 09:14 PM
As soon as the president is gone, it will then be Paterno's turn--have to let the lower-enders on the totem pole go down first ya know!!

Good point....what the hell was I thinking:facepalm2:

bisonmike2
11-09-2011, 09:15 PM

My theory, and it's just a theory, is the the DA was also a pedophile and couldn't prosecute Sandusky because of they hypocrisy. His guilt ultimately leads him to make it look like he disappeared and then he went of and killed himself because of the guilt, taking his computer hard drive with him to spare his family of the shame.

Another theory of mine is that Paterno is really a mob crime boss and had the DA whacked to keep Sandusky out o the limelight. Is that really that far fetched? He kinda looks like Joe Pesci anyway.

ISXBISON
11-09-2011, 09:20 PM

Morally and ethically, everyone should be a mandated reporter when it comes to abuse, no matter your position.

Wally
11-09-2011, 09:27 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7208581/rick-reilly-penn-state-scandal

This whole story just disturbs me more and more as additional info comes to light. There are so many people that didn't do enough to make that sick f*** stop and pay for his transgressions. Just tragic, not tragic for the people who let this stuff happen, but tragic for the victims and their families. It really is sad and makes you think who you can trust.

BlueKeyAlum
11-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Looks like the University President is out:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=nfp-20111109_report_penn_state_president_will_be_gone_ by_end_of_day

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7208581/rick-reilly-penn-state-scandal

This whole story just disturbs me more and more as additional info comes to light. There are so many people that didn't do enough to make that sick f*** stop and pay for his transgressions. Just tragic, not tragic for the people who let this stuff happen, but tragic for the victims and their families. It really is sad and makes you think who you can trust.

I ask the same thing everytime some person takes their life because they were bullied and couldn't handle it anymore. How many people saw a situation going on and didn't do anything to stop it? Or report it to someone in a position to stop it.

The Sports Block
11-10-2011, 12:51 AM
- Penn State coach fiasco not about football

http://www.sdsucollegian.com/2011/11/09/31029/

NDSUstudent
11-10-2011, 02:14 AM
Action News source says #JoePaterno will not coach another game. #Spanier has resigned. #PSUcharges
10 minutes ago via TweetDeck

https://twitter.com/#!/Jim_Gardner/status/134462082836992000

Assistant coach, Tom Bradley is interim coach. #PSUcharges
13 minutes ago via TweetDeck

https://twitter.com/#!/Jim_Gardner/status/134462251565457408

Penn State Provost, Rodney Erickson has been named interim President. #PSUcharges.
1 minute ago via TweetDeck

https://twitter.com/#!/Jim_Gardner/status/134465576843227137

godhateswalmart
11-10-2011, 02:26 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7214380/joe-paterno-president-graham-spanier-penn-state

Dude this is awesome, Slick Vic wants state college burned to the ground.

The Sports Block
11-10-2011, 02:31 AM
http://www.timesonline.com/columnists/spor...er-comment-area (http://www.timesonline.com/columnists/sports/mark_madden/madden-sandusky-a-state-secret/article_863d3c82-5e6f-11e0-9ae5-001a4bcf6878.html#user-comment-area)

This article about Penn State ran in APRIL and nobody said anything.

EndZoneQB
11-10-2011, 03:08 AM
Watch this first:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvZUod8VLGk

Then view this: http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad346/rattlehead666/sandusky_herbie_itshower.gif

BlueKeyAlum
11-10-2011, 03:11 AM
Seriously, I would call the state patrol in cuz' state College could blow up!!

EndZoneQB
11-10-2011, 03:16 AM
State College LOL

http://p.twimg.com/Ad3HKlDCEAEkRcp.jpg

godhateswalmart
11-10-2011, 03:18 AM
If you agree with Child Rape then Occupy the streets at State College? im ashamed of these college kids nowadays.

EndZoneQB
11-10-2011, 03:20 AM
If you agree with Child Rape then Occupy the streets at State College? im ashamed of these college kids nowadays.

Like they said on CNN, when a bunch of your peers get together and start partying, you're going to do the same thing. Look at the counterculture.

HoopsBison
11-10-2011, 03:25 AM
Really just a sad situation and day for so many people.

At the end of the day the final result was something that needed to happen.

bisonmike2
11-10-2011, 10:55 AM
JoePa fired, students riot. Therefore, Penn St students are pro child molestation?

Putz
11-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Really just a sad situation and day for so many people.

At the end of the day the final result was something that needed to happen.

I agree. This is much bigger than football. I would have liked to hear Jo Pa in a news conference, just to hear his side. But from the news that is out there, this is how it had to end.

bisonaudit
11-10-2011, 01:28 PM
I don't want to hear another talking head at ESPN tell me that this isn't about football. On one level I totally understand the point their trying to make but on another level it doesn't make a damn bit of sense.

If Jerry Sandusky was a history professor at Penn St. this whole thing would have been over after the first allegation in 1998. He'd have been fired turned into the police and be jailed and/or put on a sex offender list for the rest of his life. The fact that that didn't happen because of the institution that he worked for and the position that he held makes this all about football, not on the field, but it's place in our culture and the power we give to it and the people around it.

In a way the people at ESPN are just as ignorant and/or co-opted by this problem as the folks at Penn St that they're so busy condemning. They're correct to condemn them but if they're not busy re-examining the place of college football in their personal and professional lives their sense of moral outrage hasn't extended far enough.

bisonmike2
11-10-2011, 01:30 PM
I don't want to hear another talking head at ESPN tell me that this isn't about football. On one level I totally understand the point their trying to make but on another level it doesn't make a damn bit of sense.

If Jerry Sandusky was a history professor at Penn St. this whole thing would have been over after the first allegation in 1998. He'd have been fired turned into the police and be jailed and/or put on a sex offender list for the rest of his life. The fact that that didn't happen because of the institution that he worked for and the position that he held makes this all about football, not on the field, but it's place in our culture and the power we give to it and the people around it.

In a way the people at ESPN are just as ignorant and/or co-opted by this problem as the folks at Penn St that they're so busy condemning. They're correct to condemn them but if they're not busy re-examining the place of college football in their personal and professional lives their sense of moral outrage hasn't extended far enough.

Well said, and I completely agree.

bisonmike2
11-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Jeff Andersen, a prominent attorney who's well known for taking on the Catholic Church and their conspiracy to conceal sex abuse, was on the Barreiro show last night. Great interview and he had a lot of thing to say about Penn St and the whole organization. It's on podcast now. Basically, Penn State is in a whole lot of trouble.

CAS4127
11-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Jeff Andersen, a prominent attorney who's well known for taking on the Catholic Church and their conspiracy to conceal sex abuse, was on the Barreiro show last night. Great interview and he had a lot of thing to say about Penn St and the whole organization. It's on podcast now. Basically, Penn State is in a whole lot of trouble.

I have had cases against Jeff Anderson--he is a very good attorney and will get to the bottom of this. His litigatioin goal is not to just win cases, but to get to the very bottom/root of the case. In fact, in the last case I had against him, he was contemplating attempting to take the deposition of the Pope, as the Pope had some ties to the case--not gonna get into details here.

That said, if one steps back and considers all that is out there on this case, and even though we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg, there is absolutely now way in hell JoePa, Penn administrators, campus PD, and a host of others, including donors, did not know about what was or had been going on and either did not deal with it appropriately, did not know how to deal with it appropriately or just flat out did not want to open the huge can of worms that is now sliming itself all over the public domain. Anyone who knew and did nothing is complicit--period.

bisonmike2
11-10-2011, 02:49 PM
I have had cases against Jeff Anderson--he is a very good attorney and will get to the bottom of this. His litigatioin goal is not to just win cases, but to get to the very bottom/root of the case. In fact, in the last case I had against him, he was contemplating attempting to take the deposition of the Pope, as the Pope had some ties to the case--not gonna get into details here.

That said, if one steps back and considers all that is out there on this case, and even though we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg, there is absolutely now way in hell JoePa, Penn administrators, campus PD, and a host of others, including donors, did not know about what was or had been going on and either did not deal with it appropriately, did not know how to deal with it appropriately or just flat out did not want to open the huge can of worms that is now sliming itself all over the public domain. Anyone who knew and did nothing is complicit--period.

He indicated that he was licensed in Pennsylvania and that he is "on the ground there." Sounds like he's already working this case. He also basically said the same thing you just did.

Jay
11-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Yikes.... story could get even worse.

http://www.nesn.com/2011/11/jerry-sandusky-rumored-to-have-been-pimping-out-young-boys-to-rich-donors-says-mark-madden.html

bisonmike2
11-10-2011, 03:08 PM

http://www.nesn.com/2011/11/jerry-sandusky-rumored-to-have-been-pimping-out-young-boys-to-rich-donors-says-mark-madden.html

Wow. Just wow. If true, it explains a lot about why he was able to keep such close access to the program after he retired and after the initial allegations.

Bison"FANatic"
11-10-2011, 03:34 PM
This is going to cost Penn State Millions upon Millions as it should. Sad way for such a storied program to go down but they earned everything they have coming at them if all allegations are found to be true and it looks like they are.

bisonaudit
11-10-2011, 03:43 PM

Is this actually happening or are we secretly living inside the unpublished manuscript for the 4th Millennium book "Men Who Hate Boys".

Bison bison
11-10-2011, 04:17 PM
HOLY FUCKING SHIT

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ycn-10407023

BlueKeyAlum
11-10-2011, 04:19 PM
This football program, and maybe entire athletic department, is going to get shut down.

bisonmike2
11-10-2011, 04:22 PM
This football program, and maybe entire athletic department, is going to get shut down.

Should Penn St get booted from the Big 10? Should we start the NDSU to BIG 10 discussion? :)

BlueKeyAlum
11-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Should Penn St get booted from the Big 10? Should we start the NDSU to BIG 10 discussion? :)

Wait....let's see if the entire B1G conference knew whether this was going on.... oi vey!!

Bison bison
11-10-2011, 04:30 PM
ITS OVER!!!

ZOMG x infinity!

bisonmike2
11-10-2011, 04:33 PM
ITS OVER!!!

ZOMG x infinity!

Not to be picky, but it's the 3rd time this story has been posted 3 times in this thread. If true, it could be the end of the PSU athletics department. How could they recover from this?

Bison bison
11-10-2011, 04:34 PM

Unbelievable!

bisonmike2
11-10-2011, 04:35 PM
OMG!
http://www.lostlettermen.com/writer-on-rumor-sandusky-pimped-boys/

Bison bison
11-10-2011, 04:39 PM
http://www.timesonline.com/columnists/sports/mark_madden/madden-sandusky-a-state-secret/article_863d3c82-5e6f-11e0-9ae5-001a4bcf6878.html#user-comment-area

bisonmike2
11-10-2011, 04:54 PM
I'm all for blowing the lid off of this crap but does anyone else feel it's kind of irresponsible for this journalist to go on a radio station and put this info out there even though he fully disclosed it's only a rumor at this point? There's enough outrage about this situation already and he's dumping gasoline on a fire. If the story comes out eventually, and is fully investigated, then, yes, absolutely it should come out but at this point, with nothing verified, it could do more harm than good especially if it isn't true.

bisonaudit
11-10-2011, 05:08 PM
I'm all for blowing the lid off of this crap but does anyone else feel it's kind of irresponsible for this journalist to go on a radio station and put this info out there even though he fully disclosed it's only a rumor at this point? There's enough outrage about this situation already and he's dumping gasoline on a fire. If the story comes out eventually, and is fully investigated, then, yes, absolutely it should come out but at this point, with nothing verified, it could do more harm than good especially if it isn't true.

From what I understand he's an ex-radio shock jock slash bomb thrower from either Pittsburgh or Philly, I forget which. It's only irresponsible if he's wrong and from what's been hinted at by more reputable sources there's a lot more here that stinks. I'm not saying that this is the story but apparently several local newspapers have attempted to investigate Penn St on Sandusky related issues over the past decade and never got far enough to print anything because no one at the University would cooperate.

CAS4127
11-10-2011, 05:18 PM
From what I understand he's an ex-radio shock jock slash bomb thrower from either Pittsburgh or Philly, I forget which. It's only irresponsible if he's wrong and from what's been hinted at by more reputable sources there's a lot more here that stinks. I'm not saying that this is the story but apparently several local newspapers have attempted to investigate Penn St on Sandusky related issues over the past decade and never got far enough to print anything because no one at the University would cooperate.

They will have to cooperate if there are civil lawsuits filed by the victims. They can assert "the 5th", but what does that say??!!

bisonmike2
11-10-2011, 05:23 PM
They will have to cooperate if there are civil lawsuits filed by the victims. They can assert "the 5th", but what does that say??!!

I believe you mean "the Fif".

bisonaudit
11-10-2011, 05:40 PM
In yet another example of these people simply not getting it: Mike McQueary is still a member of the coaching staff.

Unless of course he's blowing the whistle on much more than what's come out so far.

bisonmike2
11-10-2011, 05:49 PM
In yet another example of these people simply not getting it: Mike McQueary is still a member of the coaching staff!
They should really just cancel the rest of the season. Sucks for the kids in the program but look at the big picture here. Everyone in that coaching staff and administration is tainted. From McQueary doing nothing to the guy that is replacing Paterno this season. Bradley replaced Sandusky and has been there for 12 years. Does anyone really believe that he knew nothing at all about what was going on? Shutdown the football department from this year. Gut it, get rid of everyone. Let the kids transfer out without penalty and then maybe start thinking about rebuilding it from scratch.

TheBisonator
11-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Some of you people have said that the NCAA will never do to another school what they did to SMU in the 1980's (death penalty). I'm starting to think that opinion is going to be SEVERELY tested if Madden's accusation is true.

bisonmike2
11-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Some of you people have said that the NCAA will never do to another school what they did to SMU in the 1980's (death penalty). I'm starting to think that opinion is going to be SEVERELY tested if Madden's accusation is true.

Really it shouldn't be the NCAA that has to do it. The leaders at PSU (if there are any left) should be the ones leading the charge to clean it up. If those allegations are true, the corruption is at every level.

TheBisonator
11-10-2011, 06:05 PM
Really it shouldn't be the NCAA that has to do it. The leaders at PSU (if there are any left) should be the ones leading the charge to clean it up. If those allegations are true, the corruption is at every level.

It may even take the law stepping in and cleaning house if the infection is so widespresd in the PSU system.

CAS4127
11-10-2011, 06:11 PM
It may even take the law stepping in and cleaning house if the infection is so widespresd in the PSU system.

I am pretty sure I heard on the news last night that the FBI is investigating. Hmmmm? Normally, for the FBI to be involved, there is suspicion of a federal law being violated/implicated or illegal activity crossing statelines--do the math . . . .

BlueKeyAlum
11-10-2011, 06:17 PM

What if the infection involves the law? And the lawmakers?

BlueKeyAlum
11-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Instead of Penn State it's State Penn.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-10-2011, 07:13 PM

Joe Pa is great. He is being railroaded..........

Wally
11-10-2011, 07:57 PM
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=rktIAAAAIBAJ&sjid=6IEMAAAAIBAJ&pg=1101,6123737&dq=joe+sarra+second+mile&hl=en

An AP article from Dec 26, 1999.....The title of the story: Sandusky showed life is more than football

Right under the title where story begins: Jerry Sandusky's legacy at Penn State won't be a bunch of wins, a crop of fine linebackers. It will be his help of youngsters needing direction.

couple of excerpts.....

“It’s been kind of a three-ring circus, Sandusky said. “Gives me a chance to be on the playground. Nothing about me is mundane or routine.” Not even game days. Sandusky always had a few extra tickets, so he would drive around to pick up kids and cart them to Beaver Stadium. After the game, it was off to the Sandusky house for dinner. Then, he would drive them back home.

He reaches out to them the only way he knows: He rolls around in the yard with them, challenges them to racquetball and takes them to Penn State’s locker room. At most outdoor events, water balloons figure prominently. Sandusky out-kids the kids.

56BISON73
11-10-2011, 08:02 PM
So it took the grand jury 3 years to decide to arrest the guy. 3 years. So it seems to me that the justice system was notified. So what was Jopa supposed to do in the mean time? During the 3 years and during the previous PSU investigation?

Bison bison
11-10-2011, 08:04 PM
Gee, may keep the psycho off of campus?

bisonmike2
11-10-2011, 08:06 PM
So it took the grand jury 3 years to decide to arrest the guy. 3 years. So it seems to me that the justice system was notified. So what was Jopa supposed to do in the mean time? During the 3 years and during the previous PSU investigation?

Since JoePa was notified in 2002 and this latest investigation didn't occur until 2009, I think he could have done just a little more in that 7 year gap. Just a thought.

56BISON73
11-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Since JoePa was notified in 2002 and this latest investigation didn't occur until 2009, I think he could have done just a little more in that 7 year gap. Just a thought.

Yep
went back and put the timeline together after reading an article. I have to agree. I cant believe they let him back on campus.

BlueKeyAlum
11-10-2011, 08:30 PM
THey may not have a game this weekend. There's worries about extended student riots taking place on saturday and the university isn't going to want to have anything else take place that will even further throw crap in the fan.

Bison bison
11-10-2011, 08:41 PM
that's crazy and also a good idea.

TheBisonator
11-10-2011, 09:09 PM
If the kiddie-pimping allegation turns out to be true, I cannot even BEGIN to think about what may happen to PSU's FB team AND athletic department, if any PSU boosters are involved. This is just about the worst thing that can happen to a university that does not involve structural damage to facilities/natural disaster.

I almost had to go throw up after reading the pimping allegation earlier today. Just sickening.

onbison09
11-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Joe Pa is great. He is being railroaded..........

Have you read the grand jury report?

CAS4127
11-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Can someone please put a link in for the GJR? I couldn't find it today. Thanks in advance.

BlueKeyAlum
11-10-2011, 11:01 PM
Grand Jury Report:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/documents/sandusky-grand-jury-report11052011.html

BlueKeyAlum
11-10-2011, 11:03 PM
Here's a perspective to put everything in perspective.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/sister_of_sandusky_victim_talk.html

Bison"FANatic"
11-10-2011, 11:37 PM
Here is a condensed version of the timeline.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/feed/2011-11/penn-state-scandal/story/penn-state-timeline-jerry-sandusky-joe-paterno-mike-mcqueary

The shit is going to hit the fan at that University. Joe Pa, the Janitors and everyone up the chain should be gone, gone, gone. When it all came out I was like well let it all play out and see what is real and what are unfounded allegations. Now, I feel they should all be fired and the whole university athletics punished as it was a systemic problem from top to bottom literally from the Janitor to the President, hell give them the athletic death penalty for a few years. Maybe they shouldn't field a football team for a few years.

Notorious
11-10-2011, 11:42 PM
Mike McQueary needs to be gone immediately, as well...wow...

JMB
11-10-2011, 11:46 PM
Grand Jury Report:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/documents/sandusky-grand-jury-report11052011.html

I read it, kinda wish I hadn't. This is just so wrong. So many opportunities to stop this and no one followed through.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-11-2011, 12:11 AM

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/feed/2011-11/penn-state-scandal/story/penn-state-timeline-jerry-sandusky-joe-paterno-mike-mcqueary

The shit is going to hit the fan at that University. Joe Pa, the Janitors and everyone up the chain should be gone, gone, gone. When it all came out I was like well let it all play out and see what is real and what are unfounded allegations. Now, I feel they should all be fired and the whole university athletics punished as it was a systemic problem from top to bottom literally from the Janitor to the President, hell give them the athletic death penalty for a few years. Maybe they shouldn't field a football team for a few years.

Overreaction??????

EndZoneQB
11-11-2011, 12:16 AM
Overreaction??????

What if it was your boy? Would you be saying the same thing? DOUBT IT!

CAS4127
11-11-2011, 12:19 AM
Overreaction??????

Is that actually one word or is it an impulsive/over reactive post? Just askin'.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-11-2011, 12:44 AM
What if it was your boy? Would you be saying the same thing? DOUBT IT!

The people who often overreact are the ones who are the closest to the incindent. So to answer your question, if it was my kid I would be pissed!!! But, at the same time I would most likely be guilty of overreacting. Those who are calling for everyone at Penn State to get the axe, are too, overreacting.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-11-2011, 12:45 AM
Is that actually one word or is it an impulsive/over reactive post? Just askin'.

Just checked it on spell check. Its actually one word.

CAS4127
11-11-2011, 12:50 AM
How about "its" as in "it is"? Should there be an '? Can u check with spell check and let me know please?!

NDSUstudent
11-11-2011, 01:12 AM
Overreaction? Penn State covered up for this scumbag, they enabled and empowered him by letting him use the football facility and program. They knew about it in 1998 and did nothing, a 55 year old coach doesn't just up and retire out of nowhere. They chose to protect Penn State's reputation and JoePa's legacy over little boys.

Then they let this guy roam around their facility just as late as a week ago, they encouraged student athletes to take part in his charity and they let this guy run football camps at other PSU universities across the state and didn't tell anyone on those campuses of his history.

If the whole pimping thing is true PSU football must be shutdown.

Bison"FANatic"
11-11-2011, 01:13 AM
Ya maybe a overreaction but did you read the Grand Jury Report? The cover up makes it so so so bad. If Athletics are the front door of the University then they also need to take the heat on something this big and this wrong. I have sat in the room as a abuse victim opened up and cried while talking to me. I will error on the side of overreaction. If USC can get sanctioned for a few dollars changing hands, something this systemic and wrong deserves to have serious consequences. I respected the hell out of Joe Pa and Penn state, not anymore.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-11-2011, 01:45 AM
Overreaction? Penn State covered up for this scumbag, they enabled and empowered him by letting him use the football facility and program. They knew about it in 1998 and did nothing, a 55 year old coach doesn't just up and retire out of nowhere. They chose to protect Penn State's reputation and JoePa's legacy over little boys.

Then they let this guy roam around their facility just as late as a week ago, they encouraged student athletes to take part in his charity and they let this guy run football camps at other PSU universities across the state and didn't tell anyone on those campuses of his history.

If the whole pimping thing is true PSU football must be shutdown.

IS TRUE. Two very important words. A lot of people are very willing to condemn before an actual conviction is obtained.

PSU football should be shut down? Why? Why should the players, fans, students, alumni, former players, who have nothing to do with the current situation, be punished? As far as I am concerned, this isn't an issue for the NCAA. The NCAA deals with student/athlete issues. This is a criminal matter that should be handled by the Penn. judicial system.

Could Joe have done more? Of course he could have, but he didn't do anything illegal, or necessarily wrong, for that matter. He reported it to his superiors. They chose to cover it up. In the end, he is just the football coach.

CAS4127
11-11-2011, 01:49 AM
And u r "just a Dad"--got it!!!

KilldeerBison
11-11-2011, 01:50 AM
Is it really possible to overreact to child molesting? I don't think there is a punishment that fits this crime.

Bison bison
11-11-2011, 01:51 AM
IS TRUE. Two very important words. A lot of people are very willing to condemn before an actual conviction is obtained.

PSU football should be shut down? Why? Why should the players, fans, students, alumni, former players, who have nothing to do with the current situation, be punished? As far as I am concerned, this isn't an issue for the NCAA. The NCAA deals with student/athlete issues. This is a criminal matter that should be handled by the Penn. judicial system.

Could Joe have done more? Of course he could have, but he didn't do anything illegal, or necessarily wrong, for that matter. He reported it to his superiors. They chose to cover it up. In the end, he is just the football coach.

This isn't an issue for the NCAA.

Did you start drinking at noon today?

Tatanka
11-11-2011, 01:53 AM
Is it really possible to overreact to child molesting? I don't think there is a punishment that fits this crime.

This .

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-11-2011, 01:54 AM

Who said anything about overreacting to child molesting. I'm talking about the guys who think everyone at PSU should be fired and the football program should be shut down. That is overreacting.

As for the child molesters? May God have mercy on their souls.

KilldeerBison
11-11-2011, 01:55 AM
Who said anything about overreacting to child molesting. I'm talking about the guys who think everyone at PSU should be fired and the football program should be shut down. That is overreacting.

Then, is it really possible to overreact to someone that allows child molesting, at any level? I don't think so.

JSUBison
11-11-2011, 01:59 AM

This could very well be an NCAA issue before this is all played out. I"m sure the NCAA will be in close contact with the Feds and state investigators on this one, and would gladly accept any information the prosecutors could divulge right now that wouldn't jeopardize the criminal trial. After the trial, they'd get practically the whole case file as it relates to PSU for the NCAA to examine over. A school that is willing to cover for child rapists will undoubtedly have other skeletons in the closet that may or may not be a crime so to speak, but would still be a violation of NCAA laws and regs and a great deal interest to the NCAA.

Bison"FANatic"
11-11-2011, 02:00 AM

Go read the timeline and the grand jury. It was all the way from the Janitors to the coaches to the AD to The president that knew about it and did nothing and let it keep happening.

NDSUstudent
11-11-2011, 02:02 AM

You do realize that Sandusky admitted to showering with an 11 year old boy and bear hugging the boy in the team shower in 1998, while he was still JoePa's defensive coordinator. After that he suddenly retired at the ripe old age of 55 in 1999. Then in 2002 his GA is distraught, he had to go to his father for advice on what to do after what he just saw in the team shower. He and his father go see JoePa...no cops are called and JoePa just passes it up the ol' chain. I guess that is good enough...give me a break.

You want to tell me he didn't do anything necessarily wrong? I'm still not at all sold he didn't help cover it all up, just look at what happened in 1998/1999...55 year old coaches just don't retire out of the blue and head coaches definitely know that their top assistant is being investigated by the police because he is showering with 11 year old boys in the team's facility.

For the record I'm not sure PSU football should be shut down yet, but if the pimping allegation is true there is not a doubt in my mind.

Bison"FANatic"
11-11-2011, 02:09 AM
You do realize that Sandusky admitted to showering with an 11 year old boy and bear hugging the boy in the team shower in 1998, while he was still JoePa's defensive coordinator. After that he suddenly retired at the ripe old age of 55 in 1999. Then in 2002 his GA is distraught, he had to go to his father for advice on what to do after what he just saw in the team shower. He and his father go see JoePa...no cops are called and JoePa just passes it up the ol' chain. I guess that is good enough...give me a break.

Don't skip the 2000 incident of the Janitor seeing him orally abusing a kid in the shower and the Janitor nor any other employee of THE UNIVERSITY that the Janitor told made one call to the police.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-11-2011, 02:10 AM
Then, is it really possible to overreact to someone that allows child molesting, at any level? I don't think so.

I guess I don't get were you're going with this, but lets look at this from a closer angle.

Lets say this sort of thing happens at NDSU, and don't kid yourself, it could happen here. Should our whole football program, or as some have suggested, all our sports programs be shut down because a select few failed to fill their obligation to the victims? Is that fair to us fans, students, alumni, current players, or the state of ND? It fair that NDSU's programs suffer and at the same time the coaching staff and administrators that are not directly involved move on and find a job elsewhere?

Again, I'm not making excusses for the molster. I'm just saying that to call for the entire universities collective heads and to end their sports programs is overreacting.

Civil06
11-11-2011, 02:10 AM
I just can't figure out how McQueary walked out of that locker room. I'd have found anything heavy and smashed Sandusky's face.

JSUBison
11-11-2011, 02:12 AM
The ginger won't be coaching on saturday per ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7215664/penn-state-nittany-lions-mike-mcqueary-not-attend-game-weekend

NDSUstudent
11-11-2011, 02:15 AM
Don't skip the 2000 incident of the Janitor seeing him orally abusing a kid in the shower and the Janitor nor any other employee of THE UNIVERSITY that the Janitor told made one call to the police.

Yeah and the fact that the janitor feared losing his job if he said something makes me think it wasn't the first time an employee saw something going on.

CAS4127
11-11-2011, 02:16 AM
@little: u r assuming it is a "select few". The current evidence suggests strongly otherwise. I think that is where peeps r coming from.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-11-2011, 02:17 AM
I just can't figure out how McQueary walked out of that locker room. I'd have found anything heavy and smashed Sandusky's face.

"Never judge a man's actions until you've walked a mile in his shoes."

NDSUstudent
11-11-2011, 02:18 AM
I guess I don't get were you're going with this, but lets look at this from a closer angle.

Lets say this sort of thing happens at NDSU, and don't kid yourself, it could happen here. Should our whole football program, or as some have suggested, all our sports programs be shut down because a select few failed to fill their obligation to the victims? Is that fair to us fans, students, alumni, current players, or the state of ND? It fair that NDSU's programs suffer and at the same time the coaching staff and administrators that are not directly involved move on and find a job elsewhere?

Again, I'm not making excusses for the molster. I'm just saying that to call for the entire universities collective heads and to end their sports programs is overreacting.

I wouldn't be against shutting football down for a few years. If you are also talking about pimping kids out, well then NDSU athletics would be dead to me.

Bison"FANatic"
11-11-2011, 02:19 AM

A select few??????? A assitant coach, a head coach, a GA, A Janitor and the people he reported it to, The AD, The President and whoever the heck else that knew. When does "a select few" become a systemic problem in the Athletic wing of a university.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-11-2011, 02:20 AM
@little: u r assuming it is a "select few". The current evidence suggests strongly otherwise. I think that is where peeps r coming from.

Answer this: If this all come to fruition, do you think Penn State's program should be shut down for any lenght of time?

Civil06
11-11-2011, 02:23 AM
"Never judge a man's actions until you've walked a mile in his shoes."

There is not a circumstance on this planet that dictates he should've walked out and left a 10 yr old rape victim with his attacker.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
A select few??????? A assitant coach, a head coach, a GA, A Janitor and the people he reported it to, The AD, The President and whoever the heck else that knew. When does "a select few" become a systemic problem in the Athletic wing of a university.

Well answer the question. If it happens here, should we be shut down?

KilldeerBison

I am saying that anyone that allowed this to continue, after being made aware that kids were being molested, deserve to be punished. In my opinion, that is not overreacting. And, as I stated before, there is not a punishment that would fit, ie losing a coaching job does not come close to satisfaction.

Bison"FANatic"
11-11-2011, 02:27 AM
Yes I would be all for shutting down the football program here and they would not get any more of the thousands I have given to teammakers over the last few years till they cleaned their shit up. With the president being involved I might pull the money we give to the School of Business also.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-11-2011, 02:30 AM
Yes I would be all for shutting down the football program here and they would not get any more of the thousands I have given to teammakers over the last few years till they cleaned their shit up. With the president being involved I might pull the money we give to the School of Business also.

Fair enough. I differ with you on this one. Punish the people who are actually involved. And in this case, if it happens to be the coach, punish him as well.

But what about the current players, the fans, students, alumni? Should they be punished too? What about the new administration that replaces the scumbags? Should they be punished as well?

I don't think so, but that is just my opinion. We will differ on this one.

CAS4127
11-11-2011, 02:30 AM
Well answer the question. If it happens here, should we be shut down?

It depends on how (not to borrow words) systemic the knowledge stems, and I think it is more significant than any of us know right now--makes me sick to my stomach. U??!!

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-11-2011, 02:35 AM
It depends on how (not to borrow words) systemic the knowledge stems, and I think it is more significant than any of us know right now--makes me sick to my stomach. U??!!

Damned right it makes me sick!

But, as I have said all along, punish the perps. Not the rest of the university ie. fans, students, current players, alumni, new administration, etc.

tony
11-11-2011, 02:42 AM
Yeah, I don't really see how it's an NCAA issue. What bylaws are we talking about? Or is the NCAA supposed to invent some after the fact?

This is an issue for the courts.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-11-2011, 02:44 AM
Yeah, I don't really see how it's an NCAA issue. What bylaws are we talking about? Or is the NCAA supposed to invent some after the fact?

This is an issue for the courts.

Thank you.................

CAS4127
11-11-2011, 02:45 AM
Damned right it makes me sick!

But, as I have said all along, punish the perps. Not the rest of the university ie. fans, students, current players, alumni, new administration, etc.

It's (get that?) called punishing a university, like the Catholic church has been punished.

NDSUstudent
11-11-2011, 02:48 AM
From NCAA President Mark Emmert....

“Regarding the ongoing Penn State criminal investigation, the NCAA is actively monitoring developments and assessing appropriate steps moving forward. The NCAA will defer in the immediate term to law enforcement officials since this situation involved alleged crimes. As the facts are established through the justice system, we will determine whether Association bylaws have been violated and act accordingly. To be clear, civil and criminal law will always take precedence over Association rules.”

While the criminal case plays out, Emmert said NCAA officials would determine whether to mount their own investigation of Penn State’s athletic department, possibly for violation of unethical-conduct rules.

http://chronicle.com/blogs/players/emmert-calls-penn-state-scandal-a-cautionary-tale-for-big-time-sports-programs/29230

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-11-2011, 02:50 AM
It's (get that?) called punishing a university, like the Catholic church has been punished.

Yes, but the Catholic faithful still get to go church on Sunday's.

Got it. :)

CAS4127
11-11-2011, 02:51 AM
And there u have it!! Thanks NDSUstudent!!

CAS4127
11-11-2011, 02:53 AM
Yes, but the Catholic faithful still get to go church on Sunday's.

Got it. :)

As do the "students" of Penn State get to go to class--Got it??!!

tony
11-11-2011, 02:55 AM

Yeah, under what authority/rule would the NCAA punish Penn State? Would the NCAA then proceed to do the same to Boston College and Notre Dame?

The legal system is the appropriate body for punishing the people who did wrong. Individuals and other people who give Penn State money can also punish Penn State by withholding money and support. There are probably many ways to punish Penn State, but I think it'd be pretty ridiculous for accreditation boards, the Carnegie ranking folks or whatever higher ed organization you can think of to punish Penn State because it is not in their purview. That's why I asked about the NCAA bylaws - maybe there is some NCAA rule under which Penn State can be punished; I'm not aware of any though.

CAS4127
11-11-2011, 02:57 AM
@Tony: reference NDSUstudent's post above. Thanks!!

Bison bison
11-11-2011, 02:58 AM
I agree that they primary issue is criminal in nature, but the NCAA is going to do a thorough evaluation of Penn State.

NDSUstudent
11-11-2011, 03:04 AM
Yeah, under what authority/rule would the NCAA punish Penn State? Would the NCAA then proceed to do the same to Boston College and Notre Dame?

The legal system is the appropriate body for punishing Penn State. Individuals and other people who give Penn State money can also punish them by withholding money and support. There are probably many ways to punish Penn State, but I think it'd be pretty ridiculous for accreditation boards, the Carnegie ranking folks or whatever higher ed organization you can think of to punish Penn State because it is not in their purview. That's why I asked about the NCAA bylaws - maybe there is some NCAA rule under which Penn State can be punished; I'm not aware of any though.

The thing is if PSU is capable of covering up this, what else is out there? When one Baylor basketball player killed another and it was covered up the NCAA looked into it and found a multitude of violations that had occurred within the program and then punished them severely for it.

NDSUstudent
11-11-2011, 03:15 AM
THE PRINCIPLE OF SPORTSMANSHIP AND ETHICAL CONDUCT (NCAA Bylaw 2.4)
For intercollegiate athletics to promote the character development of participants, to enhance the integrity of higher education, and to promote civility in society, student-athletes, coaches, and all others associated with these athletics programs and events should adhere to such fundamental values as respect, fairness, civility, honesty, and responsibility. These values should be manifest not only in athletics participation but also in the broad spectrum of activities affecting the athletics program. It is the responsibility of each institution to:

Establish policies for sportsmanship and ethical conduct in intercollegiate athletics consistent with the educational mission and goals of the institution.
Educate, on a continuing basis, all constituencies about the policies in 2.4-(a)

http://www.athletics.wsu.edu/arc/Handbook/Files/Sportsmanship.pdf

godhateswalmart
11-11-2011, 03:23 AM
Espn reporting that Mcqueery wont be allowed in the stadium for the game saturday.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-11-2011, 03:26 AM
I just hope this crap never happens here.

CAS4127
11-11-2011, 04:01 AM
Good debate tonight BV!! That's y I love this place!!

GO BISON!!!!!

tony
11-11-2011, 04:14 AM
I just hope this crap never happens here.

I hope this crap doesn't happen anywhere - but, tragically, it will.

Jay
11-11-2011, 04:38 AM

Heath Evans, former NFLer and big advocate for victims of sexual abuse said this same thing... PSU should drop football.

Notorious
11-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Mike McQueary is a scumbag(what a weak piece of shit), as are quite a number of the PSU staff and administration.

If this happened at NDSU, I would never step foot near the place again, and would never even admit to being a graduate.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-11-2011, 01:34 PM
As do the "students" of Penn State get to go to class--Got it??!!

But, the fans won't get to go to games on Saturday's.

Bison"FANatic"
11-11-2011, 01:37 PM
But, the fans won't get to go to games on Saturday's.

and those boys won't wake up ever again without thinking what happened to them.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-11-2011, 01:53 PM
http://www.athletics.wsu.edu/arc/Handbook/Files/Sportsmanship.pdf

WOW, talk about painting with a very broad brush. That pretty much encompasses all facets of life on campus. So, according to this, if your a student/athlete and you accidently crap your pants on the way to class and then proceed to throw your underware under a nearby bush, because you don't want to be sitting in crap all day, and someone witnessed it, you could be subject to NCAA violations. NICE!!!

The NCAA is the organization that should get the death sentence. They have outlived their usefulness.

The crux of my arguement is this, punish the perps. instead of taking everyone down with the crime. By punishing the "University" you are only punishing the innocent as the perps have long since gone away. The university is more enduring than the people who temperarily occupy its positions of authority.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-11-2011, 01:57 PM
and those boys won't wake up ever again without thinking what happened to them.

Yes, again tragic. But the whole university shouldn't go down because of the actions of a few. And yes, I said few because that is all it is when compared to the total number of employees at PSU.

Bison"FANatic"
11-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Nobody said shut down the whole dang university. We will have to agree to disagree on what consequences that Penn State Athletics should suffer after covering up for a child molester for years, no make that over a decade.

BisonBabe
11-11-2011, 02:20 PM
This whole situation is tragic. So much could have and should have been done long ago when this first started. Instead there was an apparent cover-up which spans both the school and community. I believe any that had knowledge of this should be removed from the equation. The school itself should not be punished but the employees involved should be.

I can not imagine walking in on an assault in progress and doing nothing to stop it....This was not a situation where you only needed to report it to your superior...it was a case of hey boss I just witnessed this and I am now contacting the police...just so you know....oh by the way I beat the worthless peace of crap into a bloody pulp....

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Nobody said shut down the whole dang university. We will have to agree to disagree on what consequences that Penn State Athletics should suffer after covering up for a child molester for years, no make that over a decade.

By shutdown, I mean the athletics dept. Which in turn, would have severe consequences for the entire university.

Again, I say its unfair to punish the innocent when the perps. are long removed from the institution.

Bison bison
11-11-2011, 02:39 PM
This whole situation is tragic. So much could have and should have been done long ago when this first started. Instead there was an apparent cover-up which spans both the school and community. I believe any that had knowledge of this should be removed from the equation. The school itself should not be punished but the employees involved should be.

I couldn't disagree more. Those involved weren't rank and file employees it was the university's leadership. That changes the situation completely.

BisonBabe
11-11-2011, 02:43 PM
I couldn't disagree more. Those involved weren't rank and file employees it was the university's leadership. That changes the situation completely.

Guess I should clarify by school I mean the students....

bisonaudit
11-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Cars.com pulled their sponsorship of the Penn St. - Nebraska game from ESPN.

Everyone is trying to wash the stink off from this.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-11-2011, 02:45 PM

Yes, but the university leadership will be removed and punished. Why then punish the replacements, along with all the other employees, students, alumni, current athletes, fans, boosters, etc. Makes no sense to me.

heckler
11-11-2011, 02:48 PM
I would vote for the death penalty.

KSBisonFan
11-11-2011, 02:54 PM
This whole thing makes me sick and I have a feeling it's just the tip of the iceberg. Just think of everything we've learned since this broke. Once they start digging, it's going to blow up even bigger.....The number of victims yet to come forward, administration involved in the cover-up, campus police who dropped the ball, boosters and the list goes on.
My biggest question is how does the interim coach get to stick around when he's one of JoePa's desciples for 20+ years? Same for McQueary. They all had to know.

CAS4127
11-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Yes, but the university leadership will be removed and punished. Why then punish the replacements, along with all the other employees, students, alumni, current athletes, fans, boosters, etc. Makes no sense to me.

Ask yourself, and answer honestly, whether you think this is worse than what SMU did--which was basically all monetary as I recall. After doing so, ask yourself whether PSU football should get the death penalty--and be honest again.

mango
11-11-2011, 03:11 PM
This is a very interesting read, I highly recommend it for everyone (this might have been posted already, I haven't gone back and checked. If it was, I apologize)

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/who_knew_what_about_jerry_sand.html

bisonmike2
11-11-2011, 03:30 PM

If it happened at NDSU and if it was reported to the coach, the AD, the President and the head of the campus police and was then ignored or covered up they yes, I would consider ending the athletic programs. If it was covered up by those high ranking school officials and then also supported by high value donors to the program because they were getting children pimped out to them, then absolutely they should shutdown the entire programs. Maybe not forever but that's some serious shit that needs to be addressed and the last thing the university needs to worry about is its' athletic department.

Bison bison
11-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Like others have said. If this happened at NDSU, I would never attend another event, never donate another penny.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Ask yourself, and answer honestly, whether you think this is worse than what SMU did--which was basically all monetary as I recall. After doing so, ask yourself whether PSU football should get the death penalty--and be honest again.

Yes, this is worse than what happened at SMU. But, I've made my case before, I don't think any institution should get the "death" penality. By doing so the NCAA is only punishing the innocent people who are left behind. The perps. will have been dealt with and will have been long gone by then.

As I have asked earlier, if this happens at SU, should we be given the death penality? The death penality affects all people who were ever involved with the university, past, present, future. Your and my diplomas would never be looked at the same again. Is that fair to us? Is that fair to all the other graduates of the university over the years? Is it fair to punish the replacement administration, coaching staff, athletes, etc. for something they had nothing to do with? These are questions that haved to be asked as well.

Someone on here said if this happened in the history dept. this would have been dealt with differently. Well, OK,lets look at that a bit.

If a history professor rapes a child on campus should the dean of the dept be fired as well? If he knew about it, yes. OK, should the all the associate professors be fired as well? If they knew about it and didn't do anything about it, yes. OK, so we clean house in the history dept. Then should the whole history department be shut down for an indefinate period of time, in other words, be given the death penality because of the actions of the previous professors? Absolutely not! No university would ever eliminate their history department because of a sex scandal in the departement. That would be unheard of. The same applies to the athlete dept. By punishing the university, the only people who really get punished are the innocent leftovers.

I appreciate your civil discourse on the matter, Charlie. I just have a hard time coming to the same concludions in this matter as some others on this board.

CAS4127
11-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Yes, this is worse than what happened at SMU. But, I've made my case before, I don't think any institution should get the "death" penality. By doing so the NCAA is only punishing the innocent people who are left behind. The perps. will have been dealt with and will have been long gone by then.

As I have asked earlier, if this happens at SU, should we be given the death penality? The death penality affects all people who were ever involved with the university, past, present, future. Your and my diplomas would never be looked at the same again. Is that fair to us? Is that fair to all the other graduates of the university over the years? Is it fair to punish the replacement administration, coaching staff, athletes, etc. for something they had nothing to do with? These are questions that haved to be asked as well.

Someone on here said if this happened in the history dept. this would have been dealt with differently. Well, OK,lets look at that a bit.

If a history professor rapes a child on campus should the dean of the dept be fired as well? If he knew about it, yes. OK, should the all the associate professors be fired as well? If they knew about it and didn't do anything about it, yes. OK, so we clean house in the history dept. Then should the whole history department be shut down for an indefinate period of time, in other words, be given the death penality because of the actions of the previous professors? Absolutely not! No university would ever eliminate their history department because of a sex scandal in the departement. That would be unheard of. The same applies to the athlete dept. By punishing the university, the only people who really get punished are the innocent leftovers.

I appreciate your civil discourse on the matter, Charlie. I just have a hard time coming to the same concludions in this matter as some others on this board.

I understand and respect your position, but I think there is a distinguishment between acadamia and athletics. The former is the core reason for a University. The latter is extracurricular. That's my distinction anyway. There is just too much here to ignore, and the result should be severe penalities for the Penn State FB program, up to and including the death penalty. When the program is reinstated, every fan, donor, athletic department employee, coach, and administrator will be "on guard" to ensure nothing even remotely close to what has happened occurs again. That's the positive result of the death penalty.

GO BISON!!!

TAILG8R
11-11-2011, 03:58 PM
I'm not sold on the death penalty either but remember punishment is not just for those that did the crime it is also a deterrent for other would be criminals.

bisonmike2
11-11-2011, 04:12 PM

It's not really fair to compare the history department and the athletics department at a major university. Does the history department generate huge revenues for the school? Is it the face of the institution, the front porch, that in many ways is the only reason people even know about the school? I've yet hear anyone say, "Aww man! Did you hear about Michigan? Oh shit man! You wouldn't believe geology department!" And it's not so much punishing the university, it's more just getting a clean break. It's looking more and more that a majority of the higher ups were involved. You gotta clean house, but who wants to come in after that? Plus, what kind of kid are you going to be able to recruit? The big time recruits are already bailing on PSU. They are going to be decimated for years to come anyway.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-11-2011, 04:55 PM
I understand and respect your position, but I think there is a distinguishment between acadamia and athletics. The former is the core reason for a University. The latter is extracurricular. That's my distinction anyway. There is just too much here to ignore, and the result should be severe penalities for the Penn State FB program, up to and including the death penalty. When the program is reinstated, every fan, donor, athletic department employee, coach, and administrator will be "on guard" to ensure nothing even remotely close to what has happened occurs again. That's the positive result of the death penalty.

GO BISON!!!

I understand your distinction between athletics and academics, but by killing the athletic dept at a major university, you are in defacto hurting, if not killing, the academics at the instiution as well. How many student attend OSU, Michigan, PSU, LSU, Alabama, hell...even NDSU, because of a great football team? How many more dollars are donated to a university (not just the athletic dept) becase of great football team? The death penality is far more reaching than just the athletic dept. SMU has yet to recover from the death penality. They probably never will. Just watch the ESPN special on that whole ordeal, you'll understand what I am getting at.

You say there is too much to ignore. I feel by punishing the actual perpertrators, nothing is ignored. Justice will be served.

I understand the outrage that is being expressed by others on this board for what has been done. It is/was a horrific act. One that cannot be defended or excused. I have never in any way defended the creep who committed these crimes. All I am asking to to keep a level head and think the whole situation over logically before condemning the entire institution and everyone who was ever associated with it.

I'm just saying, punish the perps. Not the innocents.

I am glad we can have a civil discorse on this board about this subject. All to often I gets personal and there is no need for that. All of us on this board have more in common than we have that would divide us. I think sometimes we (me included) loose site of this fact.

I need to get a little work done before I go hunting. I check back to see what other think on this subject.

Go Bison!!!!

CAS4127
11-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Good luck hunting, Little!

bisonaudit
11-11-2011, 05:05 PM
A call to all who care about Penn State to reclaim their University.

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2011/11/11/a-modest-proposal-to-penn-state-fans-skip-the-nebraska-game/

"Imagine the statement that would convey to the university and to sports fans at large. The message to other administrators at other schools, or to business executives, or to politicians — to anyone else in a position of power, who ultimately depends on popular support.

It would say, This corruption is not us. This corruption does not represent us. We have the power, and we will not see it used to protect those who would prey on the weak. It would say that loyalty to job, to program, to tradition, cannot obscure our duty to the young and vulnerable. It would remind anyone in a position to do the wrong thing that the price of a cover-up is severe.

It would say that you are willing to make the sacrifice that administrators were not. Penn State football grossed $50 million 2009. That cash, you must imagine, stoked the fear of justice in this case. For years, those profits were hush money the university paid itself.

An empty stadium tomorrow would say that you are not willing to participate in that culture. Not at this cost."

56BISON73
11-11-2011, 05:51 PM
I understand your distinction between athletics and academics, but by killing the athletic dept at a major university, you are in defacto hurting, if not killing, the academics at the instiution as well. How many student attend OSU, Michigan, PSU, LSU, Alabama, hell...even NDSU, because of a great football team? How many more dollars are donated to a university (not just the athletic dept) becase of great football team? The death penality is far more reaching than just the athletic dept. SMU has yet to recover from the death penality. They probably never will. Just watch the ESPN special on that whole ordeal, you'll understand what I am getting at.

You say there is too much to ignore. I feel by punishing the actual perpertrators, nothing is ignored. Justice will be served.

I understand the outrage that is being expressed by others on this board for what has been done. It is/was a horrific act. One that cannot be defended or excused. I have never in any way defended the creep who committed these crimes. All I am asking to to keep a level head and think the whole situation over logically before condemning the entire institution and everyone who was ever associated with it.

I'm just saying, punish the perps. Not the innocents.

I am glad we can have a civil discorse on this board about this subject. All to often I gets personal and there is no need for that. All of us on this board have more in common than we have that would divide us. I think sometimes we (me included) loose site of this fact.

I need to get a little work done before I go hunting. I check back to see what other think on this subject.

Go Bison!!!!

I agree with both of you. All great points. But Ive got to go with Greenie on this one. You cant harm a whole institution because of a few individuals. There are two individuals who have now ruined them selves but other coaches as well who did report what they had to to the correct people with in the chain of command. There only mistake was not knowing the letter of the law that if you have knowledge of sexual abuse you must report it to law enforcement regardless if you reported it to your superiors.. They thought they did what they were supposed to do. Its a damn shame.

The_Sicatoka
11-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Under what basis does the NCAA have jusidiction in this matter?

The grand jury is talking about state felonies (child rape), not recruiting violations.

What would the NCAA use as an excuse to sanction the program?

Bison bison
11-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Institutional control. Ethical conduct.

The_Sicatoka
11-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Reasonable answer. But isn't the PSU board trying to head that off by self-reporting and self-application of sanctions (read: firings)?

Bison bison
11-11-2011, 09:48 PM
They are. And it's entirely possible that what Penn State has done will not result in NCAA sanctions.

But. And it's a big but, the NCAA hasn't even started to dig.

Jim Souhan has a great article in teh star tribune.

56BISON73
11-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Reasonable answer. But isn't the PSU board trying to head that off by self-reporting and self-application of sanctions (read: firings)?

Yeah kind of. Doing this some ten years after the fact certainly doesnt play in there favor. IMO
They have bigger problems with the justice system breathing down there necks. Not to mention the law suits they will be hit with.

Answer Guy
11-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Not to mention the law suits they will be hit with.

The Trustees should just make out a stack of blank checks for, say, $25 million each. I would bet they're going to need more than the 8-9 mentioned so far.

bisonaudit
11-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Jim Souhan has a great article in teh star tribune.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/133667293.html

The_Sicatoka
11-11-2011, 10:22 PM
College football has long been a receptacle of corruption and greed. Only on a campus where the football coach is treated as part Pope and part Patton could such evil persist for so long.

Pope?
Masterfully played by Souhan, given the Catholic Church's similar problems and allegations.

NDSUstudent
11-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Wow....

PITTSBURGH (AP) — Former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky remained as a de facto recruiter for the Nittany Lions as late as last summer.

The father of a South Carolina high school player says Sandusky attended a football camp for players of Polynesian descent in Utah last year and encouraged players to play for coach Joe Paterno. Sandusky made the trip even as a grand jury investigated claims of sexual abuse by the former coach. Sandusky is now charged with molesting eight boys over a 15-year period.

http://www.nj.com/newsflash/index.ssf/story/sandusky-courted-recruits-as-late-as-last/cf41bcd0e3a148acae41ff5e5ee497c8

If true that is an NCAA violation and helps build the lack of institutional control case.....

SamsRams
11-12-2011, 04:26 AM
The clown of an author has to have it out for NDSU.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/mc-penn-state-donors-reax-20111110,0,3724150.story

Two years ago, North Dakota State University endured a scandal in which beloved longtime President Joseph Chapman resigned amid criticism of cost overruns at the president's house and questions about his fiscal management.

The home, which was to be funded by private donations, doubled in price and ended up costing $600,000 in public money. In the same year, five of the school's football players were sent packing after facing drug and drunken driving charges.

Great tie in to the Penn State scandel....................

JSUBison
11-12-2011, 03:24 PM
Just came across this. Unbelievable. It was from this site: http://news.statecollege.com/

Just click on the picture, not sure why it isn't full size.

mango
11-12-2011, 03:28 PM
The clown of an author has to have it out for NDSU.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/mc-penn-state-donors-reax-20111110,0,3724150.story

Two years ago, North Dakota State University endured a scandal in which beloved longtime President Joseph Chapman resigned amid criticism of cost overruns at the president's house and questions about his fiscal management.

The home, which was to be funded by private donations, doubled in price and ended up costing $600,000 in public money. In the same year, five of the school's football players were sent packing after facing drug and drunken driving charges.

Great tie in to the Penn State scandel....................

Wow, that is a stretch if I've ever seen one.

BlueKeyAlum
11-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Wow, that is a stretch if I've ever seen one.

Not so much.....just equating how top notch programs can rise above scandalous situtaions. :-)

BlueKeyAlum
11-12-2011, 03:41 PM
While I sympathize with his wife and kids, ya gotta wonder...WTF were they thinking?

Maybe they're thinking that too......

NDStateFan
11-12-2011, 05:36 PM
I don't know if this has been pointed out or not and I know there is a much better article out there that I read a yesterday on the NCAA and how this Penn State situation could case the death penalty for the football program and cited how the Baylor basketball situation was extremely close to the death penalty and compared the two situations but I can't find it so this one will have to do for now.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/11/ncaa-mark-emmert-penn-state-investigation-/1

It really comes down to how much of a cover up happened and how deep this story runs (I have a strong feeling that much more information will come out that will be pretty damning to Penn State). One aspect that the NCAA may look into is JoePa's 4 year contract extension in the Spring of 2004 as it seems much more fishy now with this information (leading up to the contract extension people were calling for him to retire as his teams had gone 5-7 in 2000, 5-6 in 2001, 9-4 in 2002, a school worst record ever of 3-9 in 2003, and then went 4-7 in 2004 after the contract extension). was that contract extension legit or was it part of a cover up is what the NCAA should have questions on now along with so many other questions as to how the school decided it was right to pay for Sandusky to bring with a child to the 1999 bowl game when he was facing child molestation accusations in 1998 as well as if there are any connections to the DA in the case having gone missing in 2005 and this year being declared legally dead. So many questions and the answers may not be very nice to hear. Extremely sad and horrible situation.

The Sports Block
11-12-2011, 06:49 PM
November 9th Sports Lounge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHi1IBVqSIE

- We discuss the Penn State scandal.

coldspot
11-13-2011, 02:50 AM
I don't know if this has been pointed out or not and I know there is a much better article out there that I read a yesterday on the NCAA and how this Penn State situation could case the death penalty for the football program and cited how the Baylor basketball situation was extremely close to the death penalty and compared the two situations but I can't find it so this one will have to do for now.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/11/ncaa-mark-emmert-penn-state-investigation-/1

It really comes down to how much of a cover up happened and how deep this story runs (I have a strong feeling that much more information will come out that will be pretty damning to Penn State). One aspect that the NCAA may look into is JoePa's 4 year contract extension in the Spring of 2004 as it seems much more fishy now with this information (leading up to the contract extension people were calling for him to retire as his teams had gone 5-7 in 2000, 5-6 in 2001, 9-4 in 2002, a school worst record ever of 3-9 in 2003, and then went 4-7 in 2004 after the contract extension). was that contract extension legit or was it part of a cover up is what the NCAA should have questions on now along with so many other questions as to how the school decided it was right to pay for Sandusky to bring with a child to the 1999 bowl game when he was facing child molestation accusations in 1998 as well as if there are any connections to the DA in the case having gone missing in 2005 and this year being declared legally dead. So many questions and the answers may not be very nice to hear. Extremely sad and horrible situation.

they were also having issues with the women's basketball program and the anti-lesbian coach and a lot of that was either ignored or "taken care of". I don't think the cover-ups were isolated to the football program, this might have been an entire athletic department trend of sweeping things under the rug. the penn state athletic department is going to run into a large investigation and there's a good chance they find a very large pile of skeletons in the closet (I mean that figuratively, if they find real skeletons, might as well shut the school down forever).

BlueKeyAlum
11-13-2011, 12:37 PM
they were also having issues with the women's basketball program and the anti-lesbian coach and a lot of that was either ignored or "taken care of". I don't think the cover-ups were isolated to the football program, this might have been an entire athletic department trend of sweeping things under the rug. the penn state athletic department is going to run into a large investigation and there's a good chance they find a very large pile of skeletons in the closet (I mean that figuratively, if they find real skeletons, might as well shut the school down forever).

And for part of the Coach Rene Portland women's basketball debacle, Joe Paterno was acting athletic director and fielding some of the complaints. Portland had a successful program regularly getting to the NCAAs but players were leaving the team left and right. Eventually a player who left the team brought up charges (Spanier had been AD for several years at this time). Portland stepped down and Spanier made it very clear at the time that it was her choice to retire and he was supporting her.

Hammerhead
11-14-2011, 01:51 AM
I heard Ed Shultz talking about the death penalty and thought that seemed kind of harsh until I realized he was talking about the NCAA penalty.

NDSUstudent
11-14-2011, 02:03 AM
This is kind of crazy.....

Judge Who Set Unsecured Bail For Jerry Sandusky Is a Second Mile Volunteer

When Jerry Sandusky was initially arraigned, as previously reported by Sara Ganim, prosecutors requested $500,000.00 bail and that Sandusky be required to wear a leg monitor. District Judge Leslie Dutchcot, however, ordered that Sandusky be freed on $100,000.00 unsecured bail. She ordered that Sandusky be freed and pay nothing unless he failed to show up for a court hearing.

http://deadspin.com/5859075/judge-who-set-unsecured-bail-for-jerry-sandusky-is-a-second-mile-volunteer

godhateswalmart
11-14-2011, 02:04 AM
November 9th Sports Lounge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHi1IBVqSIE

- We discuss the Penn State scandal.

well, now I can sleep tonight.

NDSUstudent
11-14-2011, 02:07 AM
Pelini gets it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odWlymyra1w&feature=player_embedded

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/bo-pelini-psu-game-shouldnt-have-been-played-29900

bisonaudit
11-14-2011, 07:15 PM
Grantland continues to redeem ESPN.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7233704/the-brutal-truth-penn-state

bisonmike2
11-15-2011, 03:53 PM
Sandusky did not help his case at all last night. If there was anyone that was giving him the benefit of the doubt I've got to think he pretty much destroyed that last night with Costas.

CAS4127
11-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Sandusky did not help his case at all last night. If there was anyone that was giving him the benefit of the doubt I've got to think he pretty much destroyed that last night with Costas.

His attorney is an idiot for letting him do that. Perhaps Sandusky was adamant about going on TV with Costas, even when his attorney told him not to. If that is the case, and I was his attorney, I would fire Sandusky as a client, because his attorney now looks like an idiot.

bisonmike2
11-15-2011, 04:05 PM
His attorney is an idiot for letting him do that. Perhaps Sandusky was adamant about going on TV with Costas, even when his attorney told him not to. If that is the case, and I was his attorney, I would fire Sandusky as a client, because his attorney now looks like an idiot.

Bob Costas was on the Dan Patrick Show this morning. He said the interview was going to be his attorney, then 15 mins before the interview the attorney said "What if I can get Jerry on the phone?". Bob said he was shocked that it was the attorney's idea.

The_Sicatoka
11-15-2011, 04:32 PM
And this is the lawyer Sandusky chooses?

Defense attorney Joe Amendola, 63, representing Sandusky in the sexual molestation case roiling Penn State and Joe Paterno’s legendary football program, impregnated a teenager and later married her, The Daily has learned.

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2011/11/14/111511-news-sandusky-lawyer-teen-web/

CAS4127
11-15-2011, 04:37 PM
And this is the lawyer Sandusky chooses?

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2011/11/14/111511-news-sandusky-lawyer-teen-web/

You can't even make this shit up--weird does not even begin to describe this mess. Let me guess, the guy probably helps out the Second Mile charity and met this girl through that???!!!!

mango
11-15-2011, 04:56 PM
The Sandusky interview with Costas was the creepiest interview I have ever listened to.

Herd80
11-15-2011, 04:58 PM
The Sandusky interview with Costas was the creepiest interview I have ever listened to.

"I probably shouldn't have showered with those kids". Yeah, creepy doesn't begin to cover it

mango
11-15-2011, 05:01 PM
"I probably shouldn't have showered with those kids". Yeah, creepy doesn't begin to cover it

Or when Costas asked him if he was sexually attracted to young boys and it took him 20 seconds to answer No and when he did, it wasn't very convincing.

CAS4127
11-15-2011, 05:10 PM
Or when Costas asked him if he was sexually attracted to young boys and it took him 20 seconds to answer No and when he did, it wasn't very convincing.

First he repeated the question to buy time to think about his answer.

How about when he admitted he may have touched the legs of young boys showered with them and maybe snapped towels at them. This guy was in his mid-late 50's/early 60's.

Oh, and he also stated he likes to be around young boys or that they are fun to be around or something similar to that.

bisonmike2
11-15-2011, 05:22 PM
First he repeated the question to buy time to think about his answer.

How about when he admitted he may have touched the legs of young boys showered with them and maybe snapped towels at them. This guy was in his mid-late 50's/early 60's.

Oh, and he also stated he likes to be around young boys or that they are fun to be around or something similar to that.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/2/9/403054ab-12d8-48e3-91bb-278624042d0b.jpg