PDA

View Full Version : Brock tweets about Turf-toe

heffray
11-04-2011, 05:32 PM
All week, almost every day, there's a tweet in my thread from @BrockJenson1 talking about his recovery from turftoe. His latest tweet didn't sound too optimistic. Also, @DomIzzoWDAY tweeted something about Esley and Brock spliting reps in the most recent practice. I did just see that Brock WILL start, but can we expect him to be not as mobile in the pocket with that turf toe injury? I know our defense is what has mostly been winning these games for us, but this worries me...

CAS4127
11-04-2011, 05:36 PM
All week, almost every day, there's a tweet in my thread from @BrockJenson1 talking about his recovery from turftoe. His latest tweet didn't sound too optimistic. Also, @DomIzzoWDAY tweeted something about Esley and Brock spliting reps in the most recent practice. I did just see that Brock WILL start, but can we expect him to be not as mobile in the pocket with that turf toe injury? I know our defense is what has mostly been winning these games for us, but this worries me...

WTF, are you trying to act important. What do you mean "a tweet in my thread" and what did it effing say??!!!

heffray
11-04-2011, 05:45 PM
WTF, are you trying to act important. What do you mean "a tweet in my thread" and what did it effing say??!!!

am i trying to act important? seriously?

mostly it was stuff like "turf-toe sucks" and "gotta get over this turf-toe." that last one was yesterday. i was just wondering if anyone else heard anything.

duluthbison
11-04-2011, 05:55 PM
am i trying to act important? seriously?

mostly it was stuff like "turf-toe sucks" and "gotta get over this turf-toe." that last one was yesterday. i was just wondering if anyone else heard anything.

Well you came off as trying to sound important, that you had some inside info when really it was just from twitter. By saying ther is a "tweet in my thread from @BrockJenson1:" and then don't post what he said. So yeah, its kinda annoying.

NDSUstudent
11-04-2011, 05:56 PM

Here is the link to his twitter account...

https://twitter.com/#!/BrockJensen1

duluthbison
11-04-2011, 05:58 PM
By the way, it doesn't sound bad. He came off as optimistic IMO

Gotta get this toe right!

The fact that Thorton is taking reps is because Bohl is preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.

bisonaudit
11-04-2011, 06:05 PM
What are our players doing tweeting about their injury status?

CaBisonFan
11-04-2011, 06:07 PM
Anyone here had turf toe before? What causes it, and what does it feel like? A bruise?

heffray
11-04-2011, 06:08 PM
By the way, it doesn't sound bad. He came off as optimistic IMO

The fact that Thorton is taking reps is because Bohl is preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.

Pot calling the kettle black. Breaking: We are all posting on a forum with our opinions as if we all think we're important. You think I'm cooler than you guys because I use twitter and because I forgot to post his exact comment? Holy crap, get over yourselves.

bisonaudit
11-04-2011, 06:14 PM
Anyone here had turf toe before? What causes it, and what does it feel like? A bruise?

Typically inflamation of the tendons that support the joint where your big toe joins your foot. Something like spraining a finger except it takes all your weight with every step.

CAS4127
11-04-2011, 06:20 PM
What are our players doing tweeting about their injury status?

Cover the eyes of women and children--CAS and BAudit agree on something.

Oh, and OP Heffray--this really is old news--check the "Injury" thread out!!

Or, are you too important for that!!:biggrin::hide::detsucks:

heffray
11-04-2011, 06:23 PM
Cover the eyes of women and children--CAS and BAudit agree on something.

Oh, and OP Heffray--this really is old news--check the "Injury" thread out!!

Or, are you too important for that!!:biggrin::hide::detsucks:

I tried that, but it got really old looking through old posts for relevant stuff. just thought i'd start a new one. I'll make sure attach my Sources Cited Page to my next post.

i agree. detroit does suck.

duluthbison
11-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Pot calling the kettle black. Breaking: We are all posting on a forum with our opinions as if we all think we're important. You think I'm cooler than you guys because I use twitter and because I forgot to post his exact comment? Holy crap, get over yourselves.

Wow, believe it or not people use twitter...even in Fargo. Your post came off as that you had important information that we didn't have, you then didn't post it. It would be no different than saying Brock was interviewed but not posting what he said or a link to where we can read it.

heffray
11-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Wow, believe it or not people use twitter...even in Fargo. Your post came off as that you had important information that we didn't have, you then didn't post it. It would be no different than saying Brock was interviewed but not posting what he said or a link to where we can read it.

1. I love Fargo. I lived there. Love to again some day. Salt of the earth.
2. I was just trying to post something quick about Brock's injury because I couldn't find anything about it in the injury thread, didn't know you all wanted an exact tweet quoted. My bad. Learning.
3. Your post literally does not make any sense. If I really thought I had important info about Brock, why would I straight up tell you that I saw something on twitter about it? Isn't that revealing my source? Just because i'm too lazy to quote an exact tweet on a freaking public forum, doesn't mean I automatically think I'm better than you. I'm not saying that I am better than you, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there are plenty of people in this world who are, so, again, get over yourself.
4. Here's what my post should have looked like according to you:

"Hey, anyone here know anything about Brock? Health-wise? I may have some info for you if you're interested. PM me and state your case for this valuable info if you want to know."

Holy Crap, Fargo is the salt of the earth, but man, you are a freaking moron.

gotts
11-04-2011, 06:40 PM
2. I was just trying to post something quick about Brock's injury because I couldn't find anything about it in the injury thread, didn't know you all wanted an exact tweet quoted. My bad. Learning.
3. Your post literally does not make any sense. If I really thought I had important info about Brock, why would I straight up tell you that I saw something on twitter about it? Isn't that revealing my source? Just because i'm too lazy to quote an exact tweet on a freaking public forum, doesn't mean I automatically think I'm better than you. I'm not saying that I am better than you, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there are plenty of people in this world who are, so, again, get over yourself.

"Hey, anyone here know anything about Brock? Health-wise? I may have some info for you if you're interested. PM me and state your case for this valuable info if you want to know."

Everyone needs to lay off the paint thinner.

1998braves64
11-04-2011, 06:41 PM
From what I've read it's basically caused by a bad jam/sprain on the big toe tendons... Takes awhile to heal even if you're keeping your weight off it. Problem with big toe sprains is that you use your big toe to push off for walking, running, throwing, etc. I jammed my big toe on a concrete step about a month ago (not sure if would technically be turf toe) and it still felt sore til about a week ago, and I wouldn't even considered it a hard jam and I'm not as physically active as Jensen would be. I'm guessing he'll have it until he can stay off it for a substantial amount of time. He had issues with turf toe last year too didn't he, along with his collar bone/shoulder problems?

TransAmBison
11-04-2011, 06:42 PM
I heard Brock is battling turf toe. He will start Saturday, though.

BlueBisonRock
11-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Hef, ya done well. For some reason, folks on BV are a bit cranky lately. I saw the injury thread earlier as did most. However, as has been stated elsewhere, you are a new poster and deserve some respect.

Your post also alerted me (and a couple of others who have addressed the point) to the fact that injury tweets are being made. This is the bigger issue. Players need to manage their social media outlets and limit the information being provided.

Thank you for your post! Keep 'em coming!

gotts

Hey, where did you hear about Brock and turf toe?

CAS4127
From what I've read it's basically caused by a bad jam/sprain on the big toe tendons... Takes awhile to heal even if you're keeping your weight off it. Problem with big toe sprains is that you use your big toe to push off for walking, running, throwing, etc. I jammed my big toe on a concrete step about a month ago (not sure if would technically be turf toe) and it still felt sore til about a week ago, and I wouldn't even considered it a hard jam and I'm not as physically active as Jensen would be. I'm guessing he'll have it until he can stay off it for a substantial amount of time. He had issues with turf toe last year too didn't he, along with his collar bone/shoulder problems?

Can we get the audio on that!!!????????:biggrin::rofl:

BlueBisonRock
11-04-2011, 06:46 PM

I hear Tranny is wearing his yellow pimp coat when he hosts CAS and AG to a viewing of the game on espn3 (assuming he can get into n8tor's group) this Saturday. What an afront to all of the other Horny Bison tailgators.

TransAmBison
11-04-2011, 06:47 PM
I hear Tranny is wearing his yellow pimp coat when he hosts CAS and AG to a viewing of the game on espn3 (assuming he can get into n8tor's group) this Saturday. What an afront to all of the other Horny Bison tailgators.AG can't make it, he has turf a##.

gotts
11-04-2011, 06:48 PM
AG can't make it, he has turf a##.

I have no experience on the matter, but I would assume that's just a rugburn?

CAS4127
11-04-2011, 06:49 PM
AG can't make it, he has turf a##.

I wish it was turf mouth--that would shut the windbag piehole up for a while!!!

TransAmBison
11-04-2011, 06:49 PM
I have no experience on the matter, but I would assume that's just a rugburn? You would think so, but the way he cries you would think it is really bad.

CAS4127
11-04-2011, 06:51 PM
You would think so, but the way he twitters you would think it is really bad.

FIFY--thought I would get the thread back on track!!

gotts
11-04-2011, 06:52 PM
FIFY--thought I would get the thread back on track!!

Did you find an app to do that for you?

heffray
11-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Hef, ya done well. For some reason, folks on BV are a bit cranky lately. I saw the injury thread earlier as did most. However, as has been stated elsewhere, you are a new poster and deserve some respect.

Your post also alerted me (and a couple of others who have addressed the point) to the fact that injury tweets are being made. This is the bigger issue. Players need to manage their social media outlets and limit the information being provided.

Thank you for your post! Keep 'em coming!

Thanks for the encouragement and for being the voice of reason here. Like I said i'll try to cite my sources with accuracy next time.

gotts
11-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the encouragement and for being the voice of reason here. Like I said i'll try to cite my sources with accuracy next time.

APA or MLA format?

TransAmBison
11-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the encouragement and for being the voice of reason here. Like I said i'll try to cite my sources with accuracy next time.Don't let Orygunbison see that. :hide::D Welcome heffray...you're just getting the new guy hazing...happens to everybody.

CAS4127
11-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Did you find an app to do that for you?

For twittering????!!!! Ya--App = Heffray!!

Now that is full circle Baby!!

Don't fight ladies, don't fight!! There is plenty of me to go around!!!!!

Notorious
11-04-2011, 06:56 PM

I have, and it seems like a minor injury, but it can be very bothersome for years...it will effect him, no doubt. There is just no spring in your step anymore...everthing feels weak/dead when pushing off the ball of your foot.

Simmy stuggled with it quite a bit too...thank you Dacotah Field, and crappy FD turf(in Brock's case)...You can certainly play with turf toe, but it is painful...unless you get a shot, or two. Likely easier to play as a non-option QB, but if it's his right foot, it could be a problem.

heffray
11-04-2011, 06:57 PM
APA or MLA format?

It'll be MLA, I'm old school.

CAS4127
11-04-2011, 06:58 PM

You will soon learn that BBR is nothing more than an ass kisser who would not for a moment slight, threaten, mock, mimic, bludgeon, smack talk, or in any manner offend anyone, but he is otherwise a pretty good guy!!!:biggrin:

heffray
11-04-2011, 06:59 PM
For twittering????!!!! Ya--App = Heffray!!

Now that is full circle Baby!!

Don't fight ladies, don't fight!! There is plenty of me to go around!!!!!

yeah. nicely done.

Notorious
11-04-2011, 06:59 PM
You will soon learn that BBR is nothing more than an ass kisser who would not for a moment slight, threaten, mock, mimic, bludgeon, smack talk, or in any manner offend anyone, but he is otherwise a pretty good guy!!!:biggrin:

Back off-topic, but BBR is "hands-down" once of the Top 3 nicest guys on BV.....let's see....

1. Notorious
2. BBR
T3. 4mcrue and PL

That is all.

CAS4127
11-04-2011, 07:00 PM
I have, and it seems like a minor injury, but it can be very bothersome for years...it will effect him, no doubt. There is just no spring in your step anymore...everthing feels weak/dead when pushing off the ball of your foot.

Simmy stuggled with it quite a bit too...thank you Dacotah Field, and crappy FD turf(in Brock's case)...You can certainly play with turf toe, but it is painful...unless you get a shot, or two. Likely easier to play as a non-option QB, but if it's his right foot, it could be a problem.

Ah, ahem, errrr, ah . . . . . . . don't you first have to have some???!!!!!!

Notorious
11-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Ah, ahem, errrr, ah . . . . . . . don't you first have to have some???!!!!!!

Don't think that I won't come over to the Nestor, pull you off your bar stool, and give you a good "talking to...."...

BlueBisonRock
11-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Don't think that I won't come over to the Nestor, pull you off your bar stool, and give you a good "talking to...."...

Give me a call when you go. I will insure we give the session a good BV photo doc. so all call enjoy.

Answer Guy
11-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Turf toe tweet GASF = 0.00

Did he tweet anthing about the Kardashian/Humphries trainwreck?

Notorious
11-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Turf toe tweet GASF = 0.00

Did he tweet anthing about the Kardashian/Humphries trainwreck?

Get your green visor back on and start being boring like you guys are supposed to be....how was the three hour lunch again today?

CAS4127
11-04-2011, 07:14 PM

That was at about breakfast time!!! I am way ahead of you (no surprise)-->Turf Toe Boy!!!!!http://www.indianmotorcyclecommunity.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/babyhaha.gif:rofl:http://www.indianmotorcyclecommunity.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/babyhaha.gif:rofl:

And, to think that this all started with me just messin around with Heffray:

heffray
11-04-2011, 07:22 PM
And, to think that this all started with me just messin around with Heffray:

So when I said, "are you serious?" the answer was "no." apparently @ndstudent89 didn't think so...

4mcruenomore
11-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Where is the obligatory "Thorton! Thorton! Thorton!" from that douche 4mcrue....
Oh, there it is

CaBisonFan
11-04-2011, 08:37 PM

It's ok. So you posted this in an effort to be a part of the bisonville discussion. So what? Keep posting heffray. Relax

CaBisonFan
11-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Where is the obligatory "Thorton! Thorton! Thorton!" from that douche 4mcrue....
Oh, there it is

Wonder how he's doing mentally. Such a great athlete. I'm serious about this.

tjbison
11-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Wow did someone seriously just get ripped down for posting a twitter????

You guys are tough

Answer Guy
11-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Get your green visor back on and start being boring like you guys are supposed to be....how was the three hour lunch again today?

Lunch was fine...actually 3 hours and 15 minutes*.

*Your sister says "hi".

Herd80
11-04-2011, 08:49 PM

Don't forget to bring Izzy with and take pictures

CAS4127
11-04-2011, 08:50 PM
So when I said, "are you serious?" the answer was "no." apparently @ndstudent89 didn't think so...

Hue . . . . I mean Heff . . . . it's all good now. BV has returned to its peaceful, tranquil, loving self.

Tranny is gay!!!:biggrin:

1998braves64
11-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Can we get the audio on that!!!????????:biggrin::rofl:

Probably not but if you happened to be in Hillsboro that night you might have heard it... I think I hopped around the yard for about 30 secs after it happened, more from my knee hitting the step than my toe at that point though, toe started hurting about the time I got over the knee hurting!

Facts
11-04-2011, 10:19 PM

I can't believe you posted about a tweet... that's bush-league.

CAS4127
11-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Probably not but if you happened to be in Hillsboro that night you might have heard it... I think I hopped around the yard for about 30 secs after it happened, more from my knee hitting the step than my toe at that point though, toe started hurting about the time I got over the knee hurting!

I am positive I was in Hillsboro that night--that must have been why my dog was howling, or maybe she was laughing. She is odd that way--laughs when other people hurt themselves. Kinda like when u see someone slip on there ass and try to restrain yourself from busting a nut. I will get her checked out--sorry!!

Twentysix
11-04-2011, 10:49 PM

lol rage more noob.

ndsubison1
11-04-2011, 10:56 PM

one night i went to the turf and couldnt feel my toes #turftoejoke

coloradobison
11-04-2011, 10:57 PM
when you hit ur toe against the turf?

its a sprain of the tendons in the toe. its like any other sprain, just painful because its pushing off on every step.

Twentysix
11-04-2011, 11:04 PM

+ +

CivilBison96
11-04-2011, 11:16 PM

Seems when I watched the replay that he was favoring his left foot.

Bison"FANatic"
11-04-2011, 11:30 PM
I think bisonville needs a Midol.

devin45k
11-05-2011, 12:57 AM
Been seeing the tweets, hope it doesnt affect the gameplay

4mcruenomore
11-05-2011, 12:58 AM
Don't listen to Notorious, he doesn't know sh*t about turf toe or playing QB!

CaBisonFan
11-05-2011, 01:03 AM

and den vat happened?

BisonFan02
11-05-2011, 01:08 AM
I'm pretty sure I still have tailgatetoe from the UNI game. #onebourbononescotchonebeer

AjaxTheMighty
11-05-2011, 01:38 AM

Hey! I just saw tweet from DJ in my thread, OMG!! I would share it with the rest of you underlings but I'll wait until your bleeding is done.

56BISON73
11-05-2011, 03:11 AM
Question
Is it a common occurance for players to talk to the public about their injuries? I was always under the assumption that injuries were delt through the coach and media dept on what was released.

Twentysix
11-05-2011, 06:17 AM
Question
Is it a common occurance for players to talk to the public about their injuries? I was always under the assumption that injuries were delt through the coach and media dept on what was released.

Why would they hide it? Doesn't make any sense.

SamsRams
11-05-2011, 06:49 AM

It all comes down to your pain threshold. I had it also one year running track at Bemidji State and I promise ever step between hurdles hurt, but it was just pain, not a severe injury. the worst is you could be going about your day doing nothing and you graze it on something random and it can buckle your knees. the pain would shoot through your whole body..........i just got a bad taste in my mouth remebering those days.

this is an important thread and I appreciate hefway posting it. But it is 2011 and people should understand by now that if you are talking about information you read on a website, its forum etiquette 101 to post said website with said claims.

On another note, I read somewhere that NDSU is undeafeted..............YEAH BUDDY