PDA

View Full Version : Sid Hartman plugs the Bison

HerdBot
11-03-2011, 06:51 PM
After a 27-19 victory over No. 2 Northern Iowa, North Dakota State moved up to No. 1 in the NCAA FCS poll. The Bison are 8-0, with a 37-24 victory over the Gophers on Sept. 24

CAS4127
11-03-2011, 06:53 PM
Gabe--you already won*

*see my sigline!

BisonTeacher
11-03-2011, 06:54 PM
I didn't know anyone under 70 listened to Sid Hartman. Or was this in today's trib? That would make sense though...Sid is usually right on top of things. He likes to pass along breaking news (Two days later).

EndZoneQB
11-03-2011, 06:55 PM
I didn't know anyone under 70 listened to Sid Hartman. Or was this in today's trib? That would make sense though...Sid is usually right on top of things. He likes to pass along breaking news (Two days later).

I think you are referring to Common...lol

BisonTeacher
11-03-2011, 07:00 PM
I think you are referring to Common...lol

Thats because Common is usually talking about his golf game and what he shot that morning, and then discussing it with his friends (callers) who want to rehash it. I listen to KFAN quite often. I'm not a big fan of Common....but I'd rather listen to him than Sid. I wonder if Common is a "close personal friend" of Sid's?

EndZoneQB
11-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Thats because Common is usually talking about his golf game and what he shot that morning, and then discussing it with his friends (callers) who want to rehash it. I listen to KFAN quite often. I'm not a big fan of Common....but I'd rather listen to him than Sid. I wonder if Common is a "close personal friend" of Sid's?

I love Common. You just need to be a member of the commonwealth and it'll all come full circle! lol

I don't think Sid and Common get along, do they? Or was that the point of the question lol

Bison bison
11-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Should have made "Close Personal Friend of Sid Hartman" t-shirts for the gopher game.

BisonTeacher
11-03-2011, 07:12 PM
I don't think Sid and Common get along, do they? Or was that the point of the question lol

It was a rip on Sid. From what I remember as a kid when my dad used to listen to Sid...he likes to name drop and call everyone a close personal friend. My guess is Sid hates everyone on KFAN cuz they rip on him constantly.

MNLonghorn10
11-03-2011, 07:18 PM
After a 27-19 victory over No. 2 Northern Iowa, North Dakota State moved up to No. 1 in the NCAA FCS poll. The Bison are 8-0, with a 37-24 victory over the Gophers on Sept. 24
we landed on the moon!

CaBisonFan
11-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Should have made "Close Personal Friend of Sid Hartman" t-shirts for the gopher game.

That would have been hilarious. Would have been great to work in a picture of Bobby Knight on the shirt too.

BisonTeacher
11-03-2011, 09:17 PM

I would have wore one. Green with gold lettering.

BisonTeacher
11-03-2011, 09:17 PM
That would have been hilarious. Would have been great to work in a picture of Bobby Knight on the shirt too.

Nah...should say Sioux suck on the back.

CaBisonFan
11-03-2011, 09:30 PM
nah...should say sioux suck on the back.

..better..

mnriverbison
11-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Continued to be impressed that people read Sid.

CaBisonFan
11-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Continued to be impressed that people read Sid.

It's been a long time. I had to get away from it before my head exploded.

Sid...teaching a losing attitude for 50+ years.

mnriverbison
11-03-2011, 09:49 PM
I don't like him, I think his mindset is bad for the teams he thinks he's helping (aside from his wallet), and all of that. But at this point it is simply impressive that his career is continuing.

bisonaudit
11-03-2011, 09:53 PM
I don't like him, I think his mindset is bad for the teams he thinks he's helping (aside from his wallet), and all of that. But at this point it is simply impressive that his career is continuing.

When I left MSP 8 I thought someone would find him dead in a press box any day... It's been 8 years and he's still going. I think he's 91 years-old now. Crazy.

CaBisonFan
11-03-2011, 09:53 PM

I agree. His weak formula continues to effect the athletic mindset of the U of M, other schools in the area, and the pro teams in Minneapolis/St. Paul. He's a powerful man with amazing connections. When he says that he helped bring the Vikings or the Twins here, he's probably right. I've never seen a writer in any market with as much influence as he has had.

TheBisonator
11-03-2011, 10:02 PM
I wonder why he never retired. Should've stopped doing what he did in the early 90's and gone down to Arizona or something like that...

NDSUFan_Sav
11-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Nah...should say Sioux suck on the back.

why sioux and not jacks?

bisonaudit
11-03-2011, 10:08 PM
I wonder why he never retired. Should've stopped doing what he did in the early 90's and gone down to Arizona or something like that...

I think if he ever retired he'd die the next day. I don't think he knows how to do anything else.

Also, he might have gotten burned in the Madoff thing.

bisonmike2
11-03-2011, 10:52 PM
The only reason we made his column is to make the goofers look better. Had we lost last weeks game no way he'd mention us. In his mind us being ranked #1 means the Gophers don't suck as bad.

Herd
11-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Correct, Sid would make no effort to pimp the Bison for the benefit of our program. All gopher related, absolutely correct.

BisonTeacher
11-03-2011, 10:59 PM
The only reason we made his column is to make the goofers look better. Had we lost last weeks game no way he'd mention us. In his mind us being ranked #1 means the Gophers don't suck as bad.

Ditto. He is such a homer. It would take a LOT for him to speak against any Minnesota team or athlete. Most people in this town make fun of him. Even the athletes do.

BisonTeacher
11-03-2011, 11:00 PM
why sioux and not jacks?

Because the Sioux suck.

Red Gun Z Slant
11-04-2011, 12:01 AM
Sidney has absolute hate for the Phighting Pioux. He affectionately refers to them as Team Canada. Hates KFAN also because they fired his kid, Chad.

EndZoneQB
11-04-2011, 12:16 AM
Sidney has absolute hate for the Phighting Pioux. He affectionately refers to them as Team Canada. Hates KFAN also because they fired his kid, Chad.

They didn't fire his kid. Clear channel did. They were making cuts and his show was the least listened to on the station. They also cut Sludge and Lake, which I actually didn't mind catching at nights.

CaBisonFan
11-04-2011, 12:28 AM

Wow...Sid and I agree on something. Not original by any means...but I've called them Team Canada for years.

BisonTeacher
11-04-2011, 12:33 AM
They didn't fire his kid. Clear channel did. They were making cuts and his show was the least listened to on the station. They also cut Sludge and Lake, which I actually didn't mind catching at nights.

I kind of miss the sludge and lake show. At least they are both still at the station.

EndZoneQB
11-04-2011, 12:58 AM
I kind of miss the sludge and lake show. At least they are both still at the station.

I thought I was the only one lol I liked their enthusiasm and they talked Wolves and weren't such homers IMO. Agreed, I like Sludge/Cove on the Morning Show. I always used to listen to Lex and Terry and slowly started listening to Star...now I only listen to Star.

FYI, I think Sludge and Lake are hosting for HiFi tomorrow?

BisonTeacher
11-04-2011, 01:02 AM
I thought I was the only one lol I liked their enthusiasm and they talked Wolves and weren't such homers IMO. Agreed, I like Sludge/Cove on the Morning Show. I always used to listen to Lex and Terry and slowly started listening to Star...now I only listen to Star.

FYI, I think Sludge and Lake are hosting for HiFi tomorrow?

Remember their Babe bracket? (Is that what it was called) I think Henry lake still does a version of it on part time Sunday show. Thanks for the info I will have to podcast it Saturday morning. While Im getting ready to watch the Bison game (home-gating).

EndZoneQB
11-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Remember their Babe bracket? (Is that what it was called) I think Henry lake still does a version of it on part time Sunday show. Thanks for the info I will have to podcast it Saturday morning. While Im getting ready to watch the Bison game (home-gating).

Yep, the Babe Bracket still exists! PA usually talks about it, I believe.

We are "home-gating" as well. Toss the pigskin a little bit, maybe smoke up some food. Should be a good time. As much as I love being at the games, sometimes it's nice to just do the whole thing from home.

CaBisonFan
11-04-2011, 01:19 AM

This actually crossed my mind too. Funny...an FBS program needing comparative support from us. I like it.

BisonTeacher
11-04-2011, 01:40 AM

We are "home-gating" as well. Toss the pigskin a little bit, maybe smoke up some food. Should be a good time. As much as I love being at the games, sometimes it's nice to just do the whole thing from home.

And no driving! Just be sure not to have one too many and post on Bisonville. (Because of my infraction last weekend I have to put in a Public Service Announcement every once in a while) :biggrin:

CaBisonFan
11-04-2011, 01:43 AM
And no driving! Just be sure not to have one too many and post on Bisonville. (Because of my infraction last weekend I have to put in a Public Service Announcement every once in a while) :biggrin:

A Bisonville DUI. Hmmmm

EndZoneQB
11-04-2011, 01:48 AM

Most of has have posted-while-intoxicated....generally with mixed results lol I can usually spell well, but its much profanity and out of the blue. Whoops.

BlueBisonRock
11-04-2011, 01:53 AM
Friends don't let friends post drunk!

Unless the drunk friend is EZ or Izzy

BisonTeacher
11-04-2011, 01:53 AM
Most of has have posted-while-intoxicated....generally with mixed results lol I can usually spell well, but its much profanity and out of the blue. Whoops.

I am sure I will do it again someday.

duluthbison
11-04-2011, 04:20 AM

I wish I could recall the threads that KyRo started while hammered, they were pretty funny.

DjKyRo
11-04-2011, 04:39 AM
I wish I could recall the threads that KyRo started while hammered, they were pretty funny.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

mango
11-04-2011, 05:20 AM

You mean is asking out the girl of his dreams and the subsequent date thread?

Civil06
11-04-2011, 02:28 PM
You mean is asking out the girl of his dreams and the subsequent date thread?

They must be engaged by this point, no?

1998braves64
11-04-2011, 06:29 PM

Superstar and gang hosted it this year, not sure if this was the first year they did it on their show, but they had all them drafting babes on his show this year as I heard it.

duluthbison
11-04-2011, 06:34 PM
They must be engaged by this point, no?

Must be, he was pretty convincing IIRC.

EndZoneQB
11-05-2011, 02:07 AM
Superstar and gang hosted it this year, not sure if this was the first year they did it on their show, but they had all them drafting babes on his show this year as I heard it.

Damnit, there ya go. That's who it was...

BisonTeacher
04-06-2012, 01:37 PM
Damnit, there ya go. That's who it was...

The 2012 version of the babe bracket occurred this morning. I heard most of it. The first round was pretty hilarious (7am hour). Will eventually be downloadable on this link sometime today.

http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/podcast/single_page.html?podcast=KFAN_PowerTrip&selected_podcast

Edit...here is the 7am hour.

http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/podcast/single_page.html?more_page=1&podcast=KFAN_PowerTrip&selected_podcast=PTRIP040612_7aHour_1333722093_147 59.mp3

DjKyRo
04-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Must be, he was pretty convincing IIRC.

In the spirit of nostalgia, totally got a girl's number at the bar last night.

http://duellingdialysis.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/homer_woohoo.jpg

BisonTeacher
04-06-2012, 02:01 PM

You are so money!!! Wait 2 days to call!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aN4w2AfkEY

56BISON73
04-06-2012, 02:18 PM

I would assume totally means she gave you the whole number and it was correct as well?

KSBisonFan
04-06-2012, 02:49 PM

Was her name Lynn Dorn?

perthbison
04-06-2012, 02:53 PM
I would assume totally means she gave you the whole number and it was correct as well?These younger guys can learn stuff from us, like dont count count your chicks before they're hatched (in this case in your car and on a date).:biggrin:

Tatanka
04-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Has she always been a girl?

duluthbison
04-17-2012, 05:56 AM

So in other words, pre op or post op?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ndsubison1
04-17-2012, 09:10 AM

getting the number is only half the battle there bro

IzzyFlexion
04-17-2012, 11:16 AM
getting the number is only half the battle there bro

Correct.
It seems like there's never an ATM around when you need one.

Tatanka
04-18-2012, 09:53 PM
Correct.
It seems like there's never an ATM around when you need one.

She went ATM? Whoa.

Sioux27
04-18-2012, 10:22 PM
She went ATM? Whoa.

Reminder to self.........don't read bisonville during a boring meeting then proceed to burst out laughing at a critical moment. Ah hell, it was worth it.

KilldeerBison
04-18-2012, 10:24 PM
She went ATM? Whoa.
For a deposit or withdraw?

TheBisonator
04-19-2012, 12:16 AM
She went ATM? Whoa.

This was the best thing you will ever say on this forum. You can now no longer post on Bisonville.

Tatanka
04-19-2012, 12:43 AM
This was the best thing you will ever say on this forum. You can now no longer post on Bisonville.

...and there was much rejoicing.

IzzyFlexion
04-19-2012, 01:13 AM
She went ATM? Whoa.

For a deposit or withdraw?

Y'all are a bunch dirty birdies!
I'd wash your mouths out with soap but I'd be too afraid of dropping the bar.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ro3QDNMTFUk/TuYUihDjl5I/AAAAAAAACOg/3L98WimklME/s1600/church_lady.jpg

BisonAccountant44
04-19-2012, 02:26 AM

Was "she" Canadian?

http://www.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/articles/50786-transsexual-beauty-queen-disqualified-from-miss-universe-canada-competition/1332780370_miss-universe-transgender-article.jpg

KSBisonFan
04-19-2012, 02:23 PM
The title of this thread has taken on a completely new meaning........wow. :rofl:

BisonTeacher
04-19-2012, 02:26 PM
The title of this thread has taken on a completely new meaning........wow. :rofl:

At his age, I don't think Sid Hartman is "plugging" anything.

KSBisonFan
04-19-2012, 02:34 PM