PDA

View Full Version : TV Coverage by the numbers

HerdBot
11-03-2011, 04:48 PM
This is the most regular season TV coverage we have ever seen! When you combine it with the last year, 17 of the last 18 games have been televised. Over the full 2 seasons, 20 of the last 25 games have been televised. Over the 2 seasons, we've been on Statewide NBC 11 times, ESPN Gameplan twice, Big Ten Network, Altitude, Fox College Sports 4x, ESPN3 4x, Fox Sports Net North, and Comcast Chicago twice.

Considering we are probably going to set an attendance record, it's clear that televising games is the #1 way to grow your program. When you couple that with 2 good seasons, it's a big deal.

2010 Home Attendance: 111,607
2010 Road Attendance: 111,212 (includes playoffs)

2011 Home Attendance: Should be a record
2011 Road Attendance: so far 72,684 with 2 games to go

2011 SCHEDULE
Lafeyette - TV rights by Lafeyette broadcast throughout Pennsylvania
Saint Francis - Statewide NBC
Minnesota - National Big Ten Network
Illinois State - Statewide NBC, Comcast SportsNet Chicago
SIU - ESPN3, available in most bars in the area
Missouri State - Midco Sports (ND, SD, MN)
SDSU - Midco Sports (ND, SD, MN)
Northern Iowa - Local CBS, Fox College Sports, later added Statewide NBC
Indiana State - ESPN3 and Fox College Sports Indiana
Youngstown State - Statewide NBC
Western Illinois - Local CBS

That is coming off of record TV coverage in 2010

2011 SCHEDULE
Eastern Washington - Statewide NBC, ESPN Gameplan, ESPN3, Altitude
Montana State - Statewide NBC, ESPN Gameplan, ESPN3
Robert Morris - Statewide NBC
Missouri State - (Not on TV) web only played in bars
South Dakota State - MVFC TV / FCS Central / FS North / FS Midwest / Comcast Sportsnet Chicago
Southern Illinois - Statewide NBC
Indiana State - Statewide NBC
Illinois State (not on tv)
Youngstown State - Local CBS plus local in Ohio
Western Illinois - (not on tv)
South Dakota - Statewide NBC
Morgan State - (not on tv)
Northern Iowa - Statewide NBC
Kansas - Fox College Sports Central

What does this mean? I think we will continue to grow our attendance. Honestly for recruiting I don't think it's as impactful as we like to think. The year after we beat the Gophers in 2007, our 2008 class sucked. 2009 was very good. 2010 was phenomenal. 2011 is TBD. They made some dramatic changes after 2008 so obviously it's working. Hopefully with the same recruiting mentality we had recently along with the recent success, this translates to another great class. Bohl expressed dificulty in recruiting when your in the midst of a playoff run. I hope it's something that doesn't hurt us, assuming we do make a run.

Now it's time to improve these broadcasts!! HD Baby!

gotts
11-03-2011, 05:37 PM
FCS-Indiana isn't a real station and either way, we're not playing on TV in Indiana.

IndyBison
11-03-2011, 05:58 PM
FCS-Indiana isn't a real station and either way, we're not playing on TV in Indiana.
Correct...my fault for not being clear.

EndZoneQB
11-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Correct...my fault for not being clear.

I got it pretty easily lol

HerdBot
11-03-2011, 06:09 PM

It's just like Fox College Sports Midwest. Not a regular channel with daily programming but it is available nationally with the $10 DTV sports package. Considering Indiana State had zero coverage a few years ago it's an improvement. Will many people watch it? Probably not. But it's produced by ESPN3 I think.

EndZoneQB
11-03-2011, 06:11 PM
It's just like Fox College Sports Midwest. Not a regular channel with daily programming but it is available nationally with the $10 DTV sports package. Considering Indiana State had zero coverage a few years ago it's an improvement. Will many people watch it? Probably not. But it's produced by ESPN3 I think.

Dude, it's not on that channel. ESPN3 ONLY!

HerdBot
11-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Dude, it's not on that channel. ESPN3 ONLY!

Yeah I just saw whoever started the other thread posted the wrong information. Oh well, as long as the bars have it I'm a happy camper.

aces1180
11-03-2011, 06:15 PM

There was some confusion...IndyBison was talking about a HS playoff game in the ISU-B thread...I got confused and thought he was talking about the Bison game.

It's only on ESPN3.

EndZoneQB
11-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Yeah I just saw whoever started the other thread posted the wrong information. Oh well, as long as the bars have it I'm a happy camper.

Don't you live in Moorhead? Get Midcontinent and you can have it at your house...

HerdBot
11-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Don't you live in Moorhead? Get Midcontinent and you can have it at your house...

Nope I'm in Fargo. Cable One sucks cacks. But I do have the secret password :) but I prefer to visit the bar so I won't be using it. Midco sports is appealing too...

EndZoneQB
11-03-2011, 06:29 PM
Nope I'm in Fargo. Cable One sucks cacks. But I do have the secret password :) but I prefer to visit the bar so I won't be using it. Midco sports is appealing too...

Oh, I could have sworn your location said Moorhead, but I see that it's not there anymore. My bad.

CAS4127
11-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Does anyone know if a guy can get ESPN3 in Borup??!! http://www.indianmotorcyclecommunity.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/Feet-Up[1].gif

gotts
11-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Does anyone know if a guy can get ESPN3 in Borup??!! http://www.indianmotorcyclecommunity.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/Feet-Up[1].gif

If I can get it in White Earth, most likely.

jimmyptubas
11-03-2011, 07:17 PM
if you have the proper internet provider you can get ESPN3 anywhere. If you don't, you can do what I do and use someone else's log in info.