View Full Version : Shakir Bell - ISU Back - Leads Nation in Rushing - Vids

CaBisonFan
11-02-2011, 10:10 PM
He's ah...pretty impressive.

There are several vids here.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=shakir+bell&aq=f

BFKasper14
11-03-2011, 01:00 AM
He's a quick little bugger. Bison are definitely gonna have to keep an eye on him. And by "keep an eye on" I of course mean make sure he has nowhere to go downfield.

344Johnson
11-03-2011, 01:16 AM
Extremely quick, but stoppable.

BisonCardinal
11-03-2011, 01:40 AM
I hope they study the EWU game. Taiwan Jones got a couple big runs before we were able to shut him down. Hoping they can shut Bell down BEFORE he does the same.

Fouch, don't know much about him except that he is an above average QB. If he is a runner, I like how we have shut down McGhee, Gray and Rennie, all top tier running qb's.

CaBisonFan
11-03-2011, 02:16 AM
He's a quick little bugger. Bison are definitely gonna have to keep an eye on him. And by "keep an eye on" I of course mean make sure he has nowhere to go downfield.

Wish Colton Heagle was ready to spy on this guy.

IndyBison
11-03-2011, 03:46 AM
I hope they study the EWU game. Taiwan Jones got a couple big runs before we were able to shut him down. Hoping they can shut Bell down BEFORE he does the same.

Fouch, don't know much about him except that he is an above average QB. If he is a runner, I like how we have shut down McGhee, Gray and Rennie, all top tier running qb's.
I remember people saying Jones would stop playing once he got hit which is what happened in that game. The one game I saw Bell in person he was helped off the field 2 or 3 times with injuries but he came back and ran hard. He definitely wasn't soft. If it wasn't for his height he would have been a solid Big Ten recruit. I look forward to seeing him play but hope he has an off day.

bisonsupporter
11-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Last year he had 8 yards on 4 carries against us and Fouch threw for 330 with 1 td and 1 int.

Bison"FANatic"
11-03-2011, 01:38 PM
We are going to have our hands full with Bell and company but I think we will be able to keep them under control. We are going to have to bend but don't break and stay away from giving up the big play. If we force them to grind it out I like our chances. It sucks we are catching them after a bye week but we have fared well over the last few weeks. We can't sleep on next week either. If it wasn't for a stupid coaching decision on their part they should have beat us in Ohio last year.

semobison
11-03-2011, 02:41 PM

I dont think we ever completely shut down Jones, 20 carries 242 yards in 3 quarters. His last carry of the game was for minus 4 though and then he left with an injury! We need to contain Bell better than we did Jones! Getting some hits on him early could set the tone! If we would have contained Jones we would have won the EWU game, maybe going away! ISUB is going to be another challange for our defense!

tony
11-03-2011, 02:52 PM
I dont think we ever completely shut down Jones, 20 carries 242 yards in 3 quarters. His last carry of the game was for minus 4 though and then he left with an injury! We need to contain Bell better than we did Jones! Getting some hits on him early could set the tone! If we would have contained Jones we would have won the EWU game, maybe going away! ISUB is going to be another challange for our defense!

Meh, I'd rather see less hitting and more wrapping up and tackling. :)

Poor tackling could kill NDSU this weekend. Besides, Bell is no fragile flower - he is very strong and he'll bounce off of hits and keep going.

HerdBot
11-03-2011, 05:02 PM
He's ah...pretty impressive.

There are several vids here.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=shakir+bell&aq=f

Wow he's really good!

IndyBison
11-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Last year he had 8 yards on 4 carries against us and Fouch threw for 330 with 1 td and 1 int.
Last year he wasn't a starter. He had a couple good games but it was in late mop duty.

EndZoneQB
11-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Look at the SDSU game, he fumbled once while going out of bounds, and another player fumbled. Punch em in the ball, boys! lol

HerdBot
11-03-2011, 06:37 PM
Look at the SDSU game, he fumbled once while going out of bounds, and another player fumbled. Punch em in the ball, boys! lol

Punch him in the 3rd ball like Gary The Squirrel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQn_vRlM_yE&feature=related