PDA

View Full Version : talking Bison on KFAN Barrerio

HerdBot
10-31-2011, 10:19 PM
Ten characters......

DjKyRo
10-31-2011, 10:53 PM
Just heard the bit, I was laughing at it. Classic Barreiro: "Wow! 8-0! So the loss looks a little better!"

Bison03
10-31-2011, 11:21 PM
Just heard the bit, I was laughing at it. Classic Barreiro: "Wow! 8-0! So the loss looks a little better!"

Heard that too. Thought that was pretty good. I was also thinking how good we are using the UND moral victory calculator. We beat Minnesota, Minnesota almost beats USC, USC almost beats Stanford. I guess our defense could stop potential heisman winning and 1st overall NFL draft pick Andrew Luck. Then again.......

344Johnson
11-01-2011, 12:00 AM
Heard that too. Thought that was pretty good. I was also thinking how good we are using the UND moral victory calculator. We beat Minnesota, Minnesota almost beats USC, USC almost beats Stanford. I guess our defense could stop potential heisman winning and 1st overall NFL draft pick Andrew Luck. Then again.......

NDSU beats UNI who loses really close to ISU, ISU beats Texas Tech by 34 after Texas Tech beat Oklahoma. Safe to say that they Bison are #3-ish in all D1 right? Any moral victory statisticians feel free to continue.

Kermit
11-01-2011, 12:17 AM
Bison beat Minnesota who beat Iowa who beat Pitt who beat South Florida who beat Notre Dame who beat Michigan State who beat Wisconsin who beat Nebraska who beat Ohio State...we are at worst Big Ten champs! LOL!!

DjKyRo
11-01-2011, 12:19 AM
Bison beat Minnesota who beat Iowa who beat Pitt who beat South Florida who beat Notre Dame who beat Michigan State who beat Wisconsin who beat Nebraska who beat Ohio State...we are at worst Big Ten champs! LOL!!

Is there an at-best situation that exists for us in college football? Or do we just go straight to the Super Bowl?

Tatanka
11-01-2011, 12:19 AM
[QUOTE=DjKyRo;548045]Is there an at-best situation that exists for us in college football? Or do we just go straight to the Super Bowl?[/QUOTE

Hang on, let me check the Massey ratings.

Bisonguy
11-01-2011, 12:47 AM
NDSU beats UNI who loses really close to ISU, ISU beats Texas Tech by 34 after Texas Tech beat Oklahoma. Safe to say that they Bison are #3-ish in all D1 right? Any moral victory statisticians feel free to continue.

Can't use a close loss. That's only for going toe-to-toe and we don't do that at NDSU.

Hell, we were the BCS champions last year-

North Dakota St beat
Kansas who beat
Georgia Tech who beat
North Carolina who beat
Florida State who beat
South Carolina who beat
Alabama

BCS Champions!!!!~1!!

Kermit
11-01-2011, 12:50 AM
Can't use a close loss. That's only for going toe-to-toe and we don't do that at NDSU.

North Dakota St beat
Kansas who beat
Georgia Tech who beat
North Carolina who beat
Florida State who beat
South Carolina who beat
Alabama

BCS Champions!!!!~1!!

For the win!!

DjKyRo
11-01-2011, 12:54 AM

North Dakota St beat
Kansas who beat
Georgia Tech who beat
North Carolina who beat
Florida State who beat
South Carolina who beat
Alabama

BCS Champions!!!!~1!!

Didn't Auburn win the National Championship last season? I mean, we probably beat them somewhere along the line, but yeah.

Bisonguy
11-01-2011, 01:00 AM
Didn't Auburn win the National Championship last season? I mean, we probably beat them somewhere along the line, but yeah.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

Kermit
11-01-2011, 01:01 AM

I'm vacating Auburn's championship for going over the salary cap.

HerdBot
11-01-2011, 01:30 AM

Glad to see they are giving us props. The poll came out after the other shows were on.

Email the power trip and Paul Allen...
Booth@Kfan.com
Pa@Kfan.com
joenelson@KFAN.com

jimmyptubas
11-01-2011, 01:40 AM
Think I might listen to a podcast of Barrerio's show. What part of his show do they start to talk about the BiZon?

Wally
11-01-2011, 01:47 AM
Think I might listen to a podcast of Barrerio's show. What part of his show do they start to talk about the BiZon?

5 o'clock hour after kill interview. About 25 min into the hour

Grizzled
11-01-2011, 01:51 AM
Glad to see they are giving us props. The poll came out after the other shows were on.

Email the power trip and Paul Allen...
Booth@Kfan.com
Pa@Kfan.com
joenelson@KFAN.com

Lets e-mail every radio station in the tri-state area and tell them as well. Or lets act like we've been here before, cause we have.

HerdBot
11-01-2011, 02:03 AM
Lets e-mail every radio station in the tri-state area and tell them as well. Or lets act like we've been here before, cause we have.

Star Tribune and Pioneer Press

Professor Chaos
11-01-2011, 02:11 AM
Yeah, they had some good stuff. They mentioned how the Vikings and Goophers will probably both have 2 wins come December but at least there will one area team playing meaningful football then that they can follow. They played Scottie Miller's call of Pike's first INT and Barriero noted, somewhat satirically but whatever, that the roar from the crowd was pretty impressive.

Gaardsy is a big NDSU and Fargo proponent. He gives us props quite often when the Bison do something notable. I think he even came to Fargo for the "Brewster Beater Bowl" when USD played here last year.

NDSUstudent
11-01-2011, 02:24 AM
Too bad the Sioux fans had to go and hijack Jack Michaels show. He and T-Bone were talking about the game and the first caller is a Sioux fan and he said..."Jack, remember there are two college football teams in North Dakota."

Then a Bison fan called in and was like WTF, UND should beat somebody and then there will be something to talk about.

As anyone would guess, the next caller. UND guy and he said something like....when NDSU beats schools like Boston College, Minnesota and Wisconsin then they have something to talk about...Blah blah we have hockey...blah blah FCS is minor league....blah blah we have seven DI titles.

At least McFeely made up for it by calling UND a third rate football team and proceeded to rip UND butthockey fans to shreds.

MN_BISON
11-01-2011, 02:27 AM
Too bad the Sioux fans had to go and hijack Jack Michaels show. He and T-Bone were talking about the game and the first caller is a Sioux fan and he said..."Jack, remember there are two college football teams in North Dakota."

Then a Bison fan called in and was like WTF, UND should beat somebody and then there will be something to talk about.

As anyone would guess, the next caller. UND guy and he said something like....when NDSU beats schools like Boston College, Minnesota and Wisconsin then they have something to talk about...Blah blah we have hockey...blah blah FCS is minor league....blah blah we have seven DI titles.

At least McFeely made up for it by calling UND a third rate football team and proceeded to rip UND butthockey fans to shreds.

Puffy, can you link this to the board, I'd love to hear it.

roadwarrior
11-01-2011, 02:35 AM

McFeely was hilarious!

GradBison
11-01-2011, 02:41 AM

That first caller happens to be a Dave from Fargo who's a huge UND fan, has season tickets and makes it to every game up north.

What are the chances it was davek? ;)

Tatanka
11-01-2011, 02:46 AM
That first caller happens to be a Dave from Fargo who's a huge UND fan, has season tickets and makes it to every game up north.

What are the chances it was davek? ;)

Close to 100%. You should have called in and asked where your pizza was.

backpages
11-01-2011, 02:51 AM
I’m always suspicious of McFeely. If we should make an early exit in the playoffs that same sarcastic attitude will be used on us as he has done it many times in the past.

jimmyptubas
11-01-2011, 03:01 AM
I was happy to hear "proper pronounciation" on the Berreiro braodcast....from Gaardzy though....

North Side
11-01-2011, 03:04 AM
Gaardzy reps NDSU really well he seems to kind of taking a shining to us!! GJ is the man!

344Johnson
11-01-2011, 03:13 AM

It was nice to hear NDSU and UND fans going at it on the radio a little bit. I enjoyed the NDSU guy who called and said that Jack Michaels could talk about UND after they beat someone haha

jimmyptubas
11-01-2011, 03:20 AM
I don't suppose they have a full episode of the Jack Michaels show, I'd like to hear that!

Bison03
11-01-2011, 03:58 AM
JM show was funny. You could tell tbone (big Bison fan) was sitting there shaking his head at these dumb und fans' coments. Typical siouxage fan; when NDSU gets big time national recognition and exposure, they think we should also talk about their team because they are good too and on the rise. Yeah right, needing a 54 yd fg to beat a winless team deservesas much air time as the #3 beating the #2 and now becoming the new #1 in the country. Totally agree with the caller saying UND should win a meaningful game, then talk. Then the butthockey caller. Wow. If you were to look up "UND fan" in the dictionary, you would see this guy's picture. While gloating the fact that UND has won against all these division 1 teams he says NDSU fans can cheer for "1 AA" if they want but the real team up north has been playing D1 for years. Clearly only cares about hockey. McFeeley was classic.

TheBisonator
11-01-2011, 07:27 AM

Um, OK... I'm confused, aren't we doing that shit ALREADY???

BFKasper14
11-01-2011, 07:52 AM
Puffy, can you link this to the board, I'd love to hear it.

This^^ Wasn't able to listen to it!

BisonNeil
11-01-2011, 11:15 AM
"DI" hockey is an oxymoron, let's be realistic. 43% of all colleges that play it are DII or below in all other sports, please see St Cloud St, UMN Duluth, UM Mankato, etc, etc, etc. It will be ev en worse for UND when the WCHA folds. UND fans please keep moving, you are holding up the line.

roadwarrior
11-01-2011, 11:40 AM
McFeely's best comment to the UND fans was that they should be asking why their hockey coach cannot win a national championship with the best facility, all the money he needs, and all the Canadian players he wants.

BisonTeacher
11-01-2011, 12:54 PM
This is pretty cool. Sounds like they might give us some more coverage as well as the season goes on with the Gophs and Vikes tanking. I know last year they followed the Mankato State team on their mens basketball run.

Bison bison
11-01-2011, 01:36 PM
McFeely's best comment to the UND fans was that they should be asking why their hockey coach cannot win a national championship with the best facility, all the money he needs, and all the Canadian players he wants.

I was just thinking the same thing.

With the amount of resources UND has available for hockey they should win a championship every 5 years based on basic probability.

HerdBot
11-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Lets email PA and Common

pa@Kfan.com
Common@Kfan.com
Bmiles@Kfan.com

Mr. Burgundy
11-01-2011, 02:40 PM
I was just thinking the same thing.

With the amount of resources UND has available for hockey they should win a championship every 5 years based on basic probability.

Why would they ever lose? Why would they lose a recruiting battle ever? They have the best of the best (Similar to Oklahoma State in football). They should dominate.

EmbdenBison
11-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Yes I thought it was funny that a UND caller bashed I-AA (what he called it).

TheBisonator
11-02-2011, 12:04 AM
Why would they ever lose? Why would they lose a recruiting battle ever? They have the best of the best (Similar to Oklahoma State in football). They should dominate.

I dunno about using Okie State in that analogy, they are undefeated this year and have the T. Boone Pickens money, but places like Texas and Florida and Alabama have more institutional resources...

56BISON73
11-02-2011, 01:41 AM
Is there an at-best situation that exists for us in college football? Or do we just go straight to the Super Bowl?

No we are going to the WAC.:rofl::rofl: Sorry couldnt help myself.