PDA

View Full Version : Comments on UNI

Bison"FANatic"
10-31-2011, 04:38 PM
Ok it goes back and forth on message boards and with fans and players about teams and such but I found this interesting. Chris Gabriel hosts the the 11-2 program on WDAY radio. He is a major college football fan but not a NDSU Bison homer by any means. He played with the Gold Star Band last weekend as kind of a behind the scenes type thing, it was quite interesting listening to him leading up to the game last week as he interviewed NDSU band director and just talking about college football.

So he was with the band and this is what he just said on the radio with these words but slightly paraphrased when talking about UNI.

What a bunch of Arrogant, Smug, Pompous group of Athletes. Their language was atrocious and inappropriate.

He basically couldn't believe the way they acted. This guy calls things the way he sees it and would call NDSU to the carpet also if he saw things so he is no homer.

Way to represent yourselves UNI.

Mr. Burgundy
10-31-2011, 05:00 PM
Have you EVER seen a team not line up for the National Anthem? That team has horrible leadership. So glad that we took Kleiman from them and Coach Farley can lead that group of thugs. Loved how they tried to trash talk with the fans the entire game. Stay Classy Cedar Farley.

TheBisonator
10-31-2011, 05:10 PM
Have you EVER seen a team not line up for the National Anthem? That team has horrible leadership. So glad that we took Kleiman from them and Coach Farley can lead that group of thugs. Loved how they tried to trash talk with the fans the entire game. Stay Classy Cedar Farley.

Mayby Klieman didn't like the kind of attitude they (UNI) had on that team and decided he wanted to go work in a more positive environment...

90BISON
10-31-2011, 05:14 PM
I actually thought, during the game anyway, that this was one of the cleaner games we have had with them since we started playing them again.....were there some things pre-game going on with the crowd, national anthem, etc......yea, but when you're in a hostile environment, I would be surprised if some of that weren't going on.....they are a very good team and it was certainly a VERY quality win for us! I was actually a little more pissed by some of Farley's comments that were in the article in the Forum, stating basically that the only difference in the Bison from last year to this year, is that we were playing a home game.....REALLY??? Nothing like giving us credit for controlling them virtually the whole game!! It was an exact role reversal from the game last year..... :facepalm:

2011 Champions
10-31-2011, 06:12 PM
I actually thought, during the game anyway, that this was one of the cleaner games we have had with them since we started playing them again.....were there some things pre-game going on with the crowd, national anthem, etc......yea, but when you're in a hostile environment, I would be surprised if some of that weren't going on.....they are a very good team and it was certainly a VERY quality win for us! I was actually a little more pissed by some of Farley's comments that were in the article in the Forum, stating basically that the only difference in the Bison from last year to this year, is that we were playing a home game.....REALLY??? Nothing like giving us credit for controlling them virtually the whole game!! It was an exact role reversal from the game last year..... :facepalm:

I don't understand this comment. You won but you didn't control us. We had 4 less total yards than you. How is that controling?

CAS4127
10-31-2011, 06:20 PM
[/B]

I don't understand this comment. You won but you didn't control us. We had 4 less total yards than you. How is that controling?

Are you brain-dead? . . . . . wait, no need to answer that.

Did you bother to watch the line play on both sides of the ball. We dominated the LOS on both offense and defense--that is called "controlling", in that you could not do what you wanted to do because we would not let you, and we for the most part were able to execute our game plan. Nice 53 yards:rofl: of rushing offense there btw

You know, you really are a POS. We admitted when you guys controlled/dominated us, but now you can't do the same. Y, because you are an idiot, a big effin pussy, and you probably cried yourself to sleep while tucked in your Mommy's arms.

Get over it!! We won, kicked you asses, took names, and now we have another game to play this Saturday. Last time I checked, so do you. Oh, wait, this is about the time of the season UNI starts its downward spiral to limping into the PO's and getting piss-pounded by EFFING LEHIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The changing of the guards in the MVFC has occured, you know it, and it is just extremely hard for you to accept. Well, get used to it!!

MNLonghorn10
10-31-2011, 06:21 PM
[/B]

you actually think just because the yards were close that uni wasn't controlled? thats why brock only had 3 incompletions. and the ground game was dominated by ndsu. as was the turnover battle. as was the scoreboard.

like last years game, uni should've won by 20+. this year, and if uni meets ndsu again the playoffs, itll be worse than 8 pts.

stevdock
10-31-2011, 06:23 PM
[/B]

That game was a few blown coverages and a fumble on the 1 away from being a complete blow out. I do give UNI credit though for not allowing it to become a blow out. Good teams can do that.

kab1one
10-31-2011, 06:34 PM
I always have wondered, why don't the teams come out for the national anthem, don't they stay back near there locker room tunnel, where UNI came out, and stood for the national anthem. They did not line up down the sideline, but does the visiting team usually do that?

westnodak93bison
10-31-2011, 06:41 PM
Ok it goes back and forth on message boards and with fans and players about teams and such but I found this interesting. Chris Gabriel hosts the the 11-2 program on WDAY radio. He is a major college football fan but not a NDSU Bison homer by any means. He played with the Gold Star Band last weekend as kind of a behind the scenes type thing, it was quite interesting listening to him leading up to the game last week as he interviewed NDSU band director and just talking about college football.

So he was with the band and this is what he just said on the radio with these words but slightly paraphrased when talking about UNI.

What a bunch of Arrogant, Smug, Pompous group of Athletes. Their language was atrocious and inappropriate.

He basically couldn't believe the way they acted. This guy calls things the way he sees it and would call NDSU to the carpet also if he saw things so he is no homer.

Way to represent yourselves UNI.

I heard the same type of thing. I posted this over on panthernation and got railed for it.

"What is with UNI's dirty play and trash talking? I spoke to a parent of one of the more experienced NDSU players this morning and their kid said UNI is by far and away the cheapest, dirtiest and most trash talking team he has ever faced. What is with UNI and their 1980's Miami Hurricane wannabe attitude? They come running out on the field and taunt the crowd etc. Do you guys approve of such behavior?"

ndsubison1
10-31-2011, 06:46 PM

the visiting team at the dome doesnt come out until after the anthem

tjbison
10-31-2011, 06:47 PM

I said the same thing, they piled in a circle at the 20 yd line, no respect. Farley is all about wins and couldn't care lss about attitude, developing a your athlete into being a good person. Did anyone listen to Billy Turners interview after the game....there is something there deep inside that he hates about UNI and I have to wonder if he doesnt have some inside info from his Bro that played there.

tjbison
10-31-2011, 06:47 PM
the visiting team at the dome doesnt come out until after the anthem

UNI did, they watched the NDSU intro from their tunnel

CAS4127
10-31-2011, 06:49 PM

My guess is it was timing issue, and UNI was not planning on coming out for the NA. Hence the 20 yard line gathering. Visiting teams by and large do not go out for NA.

tjbison
10-31-2011, 06:51 PM
My guess is it was timing issue, and UNI was not planning on coming out for the NA. Hence the 20 yard line gathering. Visiting teams by and large do not go out for NA.

I understand this, but that doesnt mean they cant form a line or get in some sort of formation. 18,000 had time to stand, remove their hat, I think 85 could form a line, and pay attention

CAS4127
10-31-2011, 06:54 PM
I understand this, but that doesnt mean they cant form a line or get in some sort of formation. 18,000 had time to stand, remove their hat, I think 85 could form a line, and pay attention

Ya, but then if they didn't get lined up properly and things looked effed up, peeps would be bitching about that too. They get a pass from me on this "non-issue".

westnodak93bison
10-31-2011, 06:56 PM

I noticed the National Anthem antics. Our team could line up and stand at attention a little cleaner as well.

MN_BISON
10-31-2011, 07:03 PM
Did I just enter the Twilight Zone? It appears as though Bisonville has been transformed into SDSUfans.com?
:hide:

Dabison
10-31-2011, 07:05 PM
I noticed the National Anthem antics. Our team could line up and stand at attention a little cleaner as well.

How so? Yeah guys are swaying and some with their heads down, but they're minutes from kickoff and just ran out in front of 18,000+ fans. Please tell me your not talking about the "Home of the "BISON"' sequence.

bisonmike2
10-31-2011, 07:06 PM
Ya, but then if they didn't get lined up properly and things looked effed up, peeps would be bitching about that too. They get a pass from me on this "non-issue".

I'm going to rule it as UNI hates America.

CAS4127
10-31-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm going to rule it as UNI hates America.

You're not teh Judge of BV!! See my sig line--self-appointed of course, as I don't do well in elections!!

Strommer10
10-31-2011, 09:24 PM
That was absolutely embarrassing for them. Absolutely no leadership at all. Their players were constantly trash talking the students as we were giving it too them. Fort was jawing the entire pregame and first half. It made it better for us when we won in my mind. Bunch of thugs.

Not to mention their chippy play. I lost count of how many times our lineman would have their helmet on the ground after a play. I understand it might happen once in the heat of the battle, but more than five times in a single game? Come on guys. I also got the feeling the referees were intimidated to throw flags against them until we got up by two scores... Kinda says something of how the league officials view Farley and his program.

GradBison
10-31-2011, 09:25 PM
I heard the same type of thing. I posted this over on panthernation and got railed for it.

"What is with UNI's dirty play and trash talking? I spoke to a parent of one of the more experienced NDSU players this morning and their kid said UNI is by far and away the cheapest, dirtiest and most trash talking team he has ever faced. What is with UNI and their 1980's Miami Hurricane wannabe attitude? They come running out on the field and taunt the crowd etc. Do you guys approve of such behavior?"

Why would anyone post something like that on an opposing team's boards? Unless your sole purpose was to look like an asshole, you've failed.

CaBisonFan
10-31-2011, 09:44 PM
[/B]

Did you watch the game kid? Long sustained drives. A thrashing in the trenches. Get out some toys to play with.

CaBisonFan
10-31-2011, 09:48 PM
I'm personally dubbing them...Purple Scrum.

Farley is responsible.

BlueBisonRock
10-31-2011, 09:50 PM
I'm personally dubbing them...Purple Scum.

Farley is responsible.

Fixed it for you.

Strommer10
10-31-2011, 09:50 PM
Did you watch the game kid? Long sustained drives. A thrashing in the trenches. Get out some toys to play with.
Long
Sustained
Drives

LSD=Bison Football

westnodak93bison
10-31-2011, 09:51 PM
Why would anyone post something like that on an opposing team's boards? Unless your sole purpose was to look like an asshole, you've failed.

Because I can. Freedom of speech. Based on their comments they are ok with the actions of their players. Says a lot about their program.
I'm an a-hole? I'd say that is more descriptive of their players and coaches for letting the garbage continue.

Strommer10
10-31-2011, 09:51 PM
Long
Sustained
Drives

LSD=Bison Football

bisonpride4ever
10-31-2011, 09:52 PM
also in the Turner post game interview he mentioned how the coaches had the scout team talk trash the whole week during practice to prepare them for what was to come Saturday.

99Bison
10-31-2011, 09:54 PM
Here's one... not so, ugh, juvenile... UNI lined up with 4 down linemen most the time (except maybe one drive), thought they were supposed to be a big 3-4 D. Were they game planning against our 3-4 game planning or where we misinformed all season long? Last year seems they had a bunch more "milling around" plays, but I do remember a 4 man front toward the end when they kept sacking the QB with the same stunt over and over again.

CaBisonFan
10-31-2011, 10:01 PM
also in the Turner post game interview he mentioned how the coaches had the scout team talk trash the whole week during practice to prepare them for what was to come Saturday.

Yup

He made it pretty clear. No love lost...even with a brother who played there.

CaBisonFan
10-31-2011, 10:02 PM
Fixed it for you.

Better...thanks.

CaBisonFan
10-31-2011, 10:03 PM
Austin Richard was an absolute beast. He came prepared.

semobison
10-31-2011, 10:16 PM
This is getting a little out of hand! Im glad that we have passionate fans, but were done with UNI for now! Everyone sees their own team in color and the opposition in black and white! Lets talk about Indiania State!

GradBison
10-31-2011, 10:32 PM
Because I can. Freedom of speech. Based on their comments they are ok with the actions of their players. Says a lot about their program.
I'm an a-hole? I'd say that is more descriptive of their players and coaches for letting the garbage continue.

Sure it's your right. You said you got "railed" for posting that in their board, I wouldn't expect otherwise, what would our reaction be to someone who'd post something similar about the Bison here?

90BISON
10-31-2011, 10:35 PM
Are you brain-dead? . . . . . wait, no need to answer that.

Did you bother to watch the line play on both sides of the ball. We dominated the LOS on both offense and defense--that is called "controlling", in that you could not do what you wanted to do because we would not let you, and we for the most part were able to execute our game plan. Nice 53 yards:rofl: of rushing offense there btw

You know, you really are a POS. We admitted when you guys controlled/dominated us, but now you can't do the same. Y, because you are an idiot, a big effin pussy, and you probably cried yourself to sleep while tucked in your Mommy's arms.

Get over it!! We won, kicked you asses, took names, and now we have another game to play this Saturday. Last time I checked, so do you. Oh, wait, this is about the time of the season UNI starts its downward spiral to limping into the PO's and getting piss-pounded by EFFING LEHIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The changing of the guards in the MVFC has occured, you know it, and it is just extremely hard for you to accept. Well, get used to it!!

Thanks CS! Obviously the "guy" wasn't at the game and was just going by the box score, etc.......because anyone that was there, unless they were passed out and lying in their own vomit, realized that we CONTROLLED that game from start to finish! Much like UNI did to us at their place last year......That game was only close on the scoreboard!

Carry on...... :biggrin:

Bison"FANatic"
10-31-2011, 10:52 PM
This is getting a little out of hand! Im glad that we have passionate fans, but were done with UNI for now! Everyone sees their own team in color and the opposition in black and white! Lets talk about Indiania State!

Thats the point of the Thread. Chris Gabrial is anything but a passionate NDSU fan, he is a passionate football fan and seems to know people all over the college football world. I thought he even had season tickets to a BCS team. He seemed genuinely floored by the way the UNI players were acting when they were not on the field playing. Hey for all I care they can keep doing it but I hope our team never acts the way they were. Bring your lunch pail to work and get the job done and go home. Teams that lack discipline rarely do well in the end.

EndZoneQB
11-01-2011, 12:31 AM
On the idea of controlling UNI, Richard wins MVFC offensive lineman of the week. NUFF SAID!!

westnodak93bison
11-01-2011, 12:33 AM
Sure it's your right. You said you got "railed" for posting that in their board, I wouldn't expect otherwise, what would our reaction be to someone who'd post something similar about the Bison here?

Well if it were Bison being stupid acting like some smuck from the Miami Hurricanes you can bet your a$$ I'd be emailing our AD and Team Makers Pres. that I don't approve and may withdraw my membership. There is a way to run a program and excessive trash talking, taunting and dirty play is not it. Sorry my opinion has got your panties in a bunch. Who died and made you the talk forum czar?

JMB
11-01-2011, 12:35 AM

I would agree with this. For some reason I think I remember a similar thing happening to NDSU when Rocky was coach. The Bison came running out on the field during the national anthem. I think it was against UND even...

ndsubison1
11-01-2011, 12:36 AM

shows how much i was paying attention. i thought they ran out after.

JMB
11-01-2011, 12:46 AM

I also agree with this as well. We don't like UNI, fine, but it is a game in the middle of our season. Its time to move on. Has it occured to anyone that we hate the UNI fanbase because they are like us? They expect to win every game, when they do have a bad game, they tend to look for weaknesses in their own team vs. giving credit to the other team. Just like us. Actually from what I have read over on their board they have been failry complimentary of our team and the game we played.

Personally I respect the hell out of their program. They have carved out a successful program in a state dominated by two other programs (actually 3 if you consider all the Nebraska fans). But year in and year out they reload and compete.

NDSUstudent
11-01-2011, 01:04 AM
The anthem was a timing issue. I watched when they came out and there was a coach trying to get them lined up but they didn't really have much time to get on the same page. Maybe they thought it already happened.

semobison
11-01-2011, 02:22 AM
I also agree with this as well. We don't like UNI, fine, but it is a game in the middle of our season. Its time to move on. Has it occured to anyone that we hate the UNI fanbase because they are like us? They expect to win every game, when they do have a bad game, they tend to look for weaknesses in their own team vs. giving credit to the other team. Just like us. Actually from what I have read over on their board they have been failry complimentary of our team and the game we played.

Personally I respect the hell out of their program. They have carved out a successful program in a state dominated by two other programs (actually 3 if you consider all the Nebraska fans). But year in and year out they reload and compete.

Well stated!

bison once
11-01-2011, 02:30 AM
I will call you out on that one. Rocky had more respect for the flag and country than any coach I've been around. We were always lined up on sidelines.

JMB
11-01-2011, 03:04 AM
I will call you out on that one. Rocky had more respect for the flag and country than any coach I've been around. We were always lined up on sidelines.

I am not questioning Rocky's love and respect of the country, the case I believe I remember was due to a miscommunication on someone's part. But like I said it was a long time ago and I may be wrong. (I think I saw it on TV as a matter of fact.)

In any case the point I was trying to make was stuff like this happens, things don't get communicated correctly. I have a hard time believing that there is an organized football team in the USA that would go into a stadium and intentionally disrespect the national anthem and the flag. I am willing to give UNI the benefit of the doubt.

56BISON73
11-01-2011, 03:16 AM
[/B]

Did you by some chance look at TOP---time of possition? Oh and if you watched the game and have any understanding on how the game is played you would have seen the answer to you question.

56BISON73
11-01-2011, 03:19 AM

They are a reflection of the head coach. Pretty simple.

56BISON73
11-01-2011, 03:22 AM
Here's one... not so, ugh, juvenile... UNI lined up with 4 down linemen most the time (except maybe one drive), thought they were supposed to be a big 3-4 D. Were they game planning against our 3-4 game planning or where we misinformed all season long? Last year seems they had a bunch more "milling around" plays, but I do remember a 4 man front toward the end when they kept sacking the QB with the same stunt over and over again.

Yes they moved Pooty over so he was heads up with Richards. Smart move. The ONLY thing I can think of was Pooty was having problems with his kneee so they went with the 4 man front.

JustinTyem
11-01-2011, 03:30 AM
Here's one... not so, ugh, juvenile... UNI lined up with 4 down linemen most the time (except maybe one drive), thought they were supposed to be a big 3-4 D. Were they game planning against our 3-4 game planning or where we misinformed all season long? Last year seems they had a bunch more "milling around" plays, but I do remember a 4 man front toward the end when they kept sacking the QB with the same stunt over and over again.If you are a real Bison Fan like you say,You would know that UNI switched to a 4-3 this year and use's the 3-4 in some situations like the bison do. Yes,UNI are chippy. NDSU against UNI were a lil chippy. But for the most part the game WAS CLEAN!!!! These are GROWN MEN,that hate losing. I too would get chippy. But to say "DIRTY" heck NO,the "DIRT" left when Pat got suspended. That was Dirty by both teams in that one play for the most thing. Sure some calls against the Bison were WRONG very wrong,and some calls should have gone against UNI,but for the most thing it was a clean,hard fought game by both teams. But I too HATE FARLEY,He is a whinny Bitch!!!! If know dont believe me,RE-WATCH THE GAME............. http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthDakotaStBison1