PDA

View Full Version : No. Dak Kids

bajadanny
10-31-2011, 01:37 PM
How about those Bison!!!!!! those local kids did a hell of a job, so glad to see them in the mix.

Smith on receptions, Drevlow and Beck huge on D and many more.

Keep going Bison don't need the let down game at this point.

Go Bison

Snowgoose
10-31-2011, 01:46 PM
This was suppose to be one of the negatives when we decided to go I-AA. However, there are so many good ND kids on this team including Jemison and Richard that were not mentioned above. In reality this teams geography makeup is very similar to the way teams were built in the 80's. Lot of ND, MN, SD, Wisconsin kids with some additions for some of the skill positions from around the country. However, most of the kids and even the skill position players are still from the upper midwest.

EndZoneQB
10-31-2011, 02:04 PM
I was talking about this yesterday with Hando. It seems like Bohl has a knack for finding those good ole farm boys that produce. I have to believe some of that is from his pedigree at Nebraska, I'm sure they probably did much of the same. Plus, it helps all the talent the MSP metro area has provided for us recently.

jarhead
10-31-2011, 02:30 PM
Not exactly ND, but it seems Kevin Feeney has turned the Moorhead program around. I wouldn't be surprised to see some Spuds wear-
ing the Green soon.

BadlandsBison
10-31-2011, 03:21 PM
My high school coaches were all und homers :facepalm: whenever I talked about the Bison, they had 5 negative things to say. But this was one of there big hang-ups, that there was absolutely no way a North Dakota kid could play division one, Bison will never be relevant, ect.

And the funny thing is, Bohl visited the high school every year, just like he does with every football high school in the state. I never saw lennon in the building, and I doubt mussman could find killdeer with a map.

MNLonghorn10
10-31-2011, 03:30 PM
Not exactly ND, but it seems Kevin Feeney has turned the Moorhead program around. I wouldn't be surprised to see some Spuds wear-
ing the Green soon.

ehh..i think the season was mediocre but theyve destroyed their first 2 teams...as always brainerd will be a tough game...but mhds beaten them once already..

THEsocalledfan
10-31-2011, 04:01 PM
My high school coaches were all und homers :facepalm: whenever I talked about the Bison, they had 5 negative things to say. But this was one of there big hang-ups, that there was absolutely no way a North Dakota kid could play division one, Bison will never be relevant, ect.

And the funny thing is, Bohl visited the high school every year, just like he does with every football high school in the state. I never saw lennon in the building, and I doubt mussman could find killdeer with a map.

Reminds me of my coach in the early 1990's. He hated Rocky Hager and said the only recruiting Rocky did was to show his NC rings and told the kid, if you want one of these, come to NDSU. In contrast, he LOVED Roger Thomas and said Thomas really cared about his players and that is where to go if you can play at the next level.

In my coaches defense, Roger definetely had Rockie's number from 93 on, other than when NDSU slaughtered them in that playoff game.....

Sadly, I do think we forget how good a coach Roger Thomas was; I wish I could remember him that way, instead of a Division 1 naysayer moron, but it is what it is.

CaBisonFan
10-31-2011, 05:46 PM
This was suppose to be one of the negatives when we decided to go I-AA. However, there are so many good ND kids on this team including Jemison and Richard that were not mentioned above. In reality this teams geography makeup is very similar to the way teams were built in the 80's. Lot of ND, MN, SD, Wisconsin kids with some additions for some of the skill positions from around the country. However, most of the kids and even the skill position players are still from the upper midwest.

This criticism came from the UND crowd. At the time, I wanted to stick it in their ear, so I'd say "well...if they're not good enough, then they can go to UND."

But as it turns out, they good enough, and then some.

jimmyptubas
10-31-2011, 05:55 PM
This criticism came from the UND crowd. At the time, I wanted to stick it in their ear, so I'd say "well...if they're not good enough, then they can go to UND."

But as it turns out, they good enough, and then some.

This all the way ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hammerhead
11-01-2011, 02:01 PM
It seems like there are more North Dakota kids that get lots of playing time than there were back in the 80s, but I could be wrong. It seemed like the roster back then was 50% Minnesotans, 30% cheese heads, 10% NoDakers, and 10% from other nearby states with maybe one or two from Illinois.

KilldeerBison
11-01-2011, 03:16 PM

Seems like the pro UND attitude out west is changing, this is good. With the oil boom has come a population increase, I wouldn't be surprised to see more division 1 athletes in western ND in the comming years. Keep up the good work coach Bohl. Now, getting the Bismarck Scheels on board seems to be taking a little longer.....:(

aces1180
11-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Seems like the pro UND attitude out west is changing, this is good. With the oil boom has come a population increase, I wouldn't be surprised to see more division 1 athletes in western ND in the comming years. Keep up the good work coach Bohl. Now, getting the Bismarck Scheels on board seems to be taking a little longer.....:(

Bismarck Scheels is garbage...My parents live in Mandan and just buy their Bison swag in Fargo.

90 BISON
11-01-2011, 03:34 PM
This ^^^^^^^^
My parents also live in Mandan and also get their gear in Fargo!

go_bison
11-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Bismarck Scheels is garbage...My parents live in Mandan and just buy their Bison swag in Fargo.

I agree, Bismarck Scheels sucks. I lived in Fargo for 15 years and just moved to Bismarck last Feb. I miss the Fargo Scheels and having access to large selection Bison stuff. I really like Scheels as a whole and have the best customer service around. So it's nice whenever I walk into Bismarck Scheels and they ask if they can help me, I always respond "you need more Bison apparrel". I don't think they are listening though cause it isn't getting any better.

Strommer10
11-01-2011, 05:19 PM
I agree, Bismarck Scheels sucks. I lived in Fargo for 15 years and just moved to Bismarck last Feb. I miss the Fargo Scheels and having access to large selection Bison stuff. I really like Scheels as a whole and have the best customer service around. So it's nice whenever I walk into Bismarck Scheels and they ask if they can help me, I always respond "you need more Bison apparrel". I don't think they are listening though cause it isn't getting any better.
I think if people keep complaining about it, and more to the managers, it will happen. When the new Fargo Scheels opened, the Sioux section was basically nothing. But I heard that there were a lot of complaints about it so they moved it to a different spot making it bigger and not behind the Bison section as much.

So my advice is get as many people you know out there to complain about it. Something might happen.