PDA

View Full Version : #1 ndsu bison @ larry bird u score predictions

MNLonghorn10
10-31-2011, 12:34 PM
I predict since the nba lock out is still going on with no end in sight..larry bird comes back to make it rain 3s on our defense...unfortunately.

Isub 52

Ndsu 10

Twentysix
10-31-2011, 01:15 PM
I heard ISUb is having problems with the sprinkler system flooding their feild and the game will be moved from terre haute to neighboring Pawnee Indiana. Most people you ask would say that Pawnee is a nice town. Unless you ask one of those snobs from Eagleton.

KSBisonFan
10-31-2011, 01:19 PM
Bison 27
ISU Blue 20

Herd rushes for 250+. DJ has a big day and our defense picks off 3 passes

Herd80
10-31-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm starting to believe this Longhorn stick-with-tradition thing must work.

Bison 34.5
ISU 34

runtheoption
10-31-2011, 01:53 PM
I heard ISUb is having problems with the sprinkler system flooding their feild and the game will be moved from terre haute to neighboring Pawnee Indiana. Most people you ask would say that Pawnee is a nice town. Unless you ask one of those snobs from Eagleton.

We have one activity planned: not getting killed. -- Ron Swanson

moosbah
10-31-2011, 02:24 PM
Sphincter check game. We win by a small margin.

SU 24
Suckamores 21

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
10-31-2011, 02:29 PM
31-17 bison

DjKyRo
10-31-2011, 02:34 PM
I think Obaseki creates some problems for us, but the way Richard manhandled Ben Boothby we should be OK. Running game is finally getting a little steam, though 250 is pretty generous. Brock continues his outstanding play and I think Smith finally gets a receiving TD. Really intrigued (sort of nervously/curiously anticipating) to see how we handle Shakir Bell, who is doing this year what DJ did to defenses last season. He'll move the ball on us, but the degree to which he does that remains to be seen.

35-24, Bison.

tony
10-31-2011, 03:14 PM
Hopefully Shakir doesn't go all Taiwan Jones on the Bison.

BadlandsBison
10-31-2011, 03:15 PM

He's got me shakiring in my boots.

DePereBisonFan
10-31-2011, 03:23 PM

Taiwan Jones circa first half of that game would be terrible; Taiwan Jones circa second half of that game would be ok.

HandoEX
10-31-2011, 04:04 PM
Larry Birds: 26
Ben Woodsides: 37

MNLonghorn10
10-31-2011, 06:11 PM
is ben woodside better than larry bird?

Civil06
10-31-2011, 06:14 PM
is ben woodside better than larry bird?

Today, probably.

ndsubison1
10-31-2011, 06:39 PM
Bison 27
Tree Stumps 17

Strommer10
10-31-2011, 10:13 PM
Bison- 31
Sycamores- 24

90BISON
10-31-2011, 10:55 PM
Bison 35 - Blue Trees 20 (I would give us at least 1 more score if it were in Fargo......)

BFKasper14
10-31-2011, 11:10 PM
Bison 31
ISU 17

Brock throws 2 TD's
Williams has an Int.
DJ puts 100 up on the ground.

IzzyFlexion
10-31-2011, 11:15 PM
http://www.allaboutwildlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Bison-Stefan-Didam-Schmallenberg-300x224.jpg : 44
http://mommyneedsavacation.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Sick_Guy.gifhttp://cards.holidays.net/resource/picture/HolidayValentineDay/amore.jpg S : 20

X-Factor
10-31-2011, 11:25 PM
Bison score 45+ in this game. ISUb will score some points as well, but not 45.

HoopsBison
10-31-2011, 11:36 PM
Bison-38
Twigs-21

CHADSTAUS
10-31-2011, 11:52 PM
Bison 27
ISU Blue 20

Herd rushes for 250+. DJ has a big day and our defense picks off 3 passes
If we do all this, The score will be 42-7 Herd.

Wally
11-01-2011, 12:00 AM

We have one activity planned: not getting killed. -- Ron Swanson

27-21 good guys

http://cdn.wg.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/swanson-dance.gif

bisonpride4ever
11-01-2011, 05:41 AM
The Bison are going to go all Mel Lentz/Jason Wynyard on the Sycamores and they will win 35-14.

http://legacy.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/news/070702/fan1.jpg
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyxH3fRD-FhL3Czgr9zg7a1B0bd0hceUAlnauPe-A9-3gSp31SBg

devin45k
11-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Ndsu - 34

isu- 20

BisonTeacher
11-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Sphincter check game. We win by a small margin.

SU 24
Suckamores 21

Yup...this is a trap game. 29 20 Bison (Im calling a safety for our defense)

THEsocalledfan
11-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Everyone is giving this team way too much credit:

Bison-41
Lumber-14

SDbison
11-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Have to agree on giving the suckmores too much credit. They have a good runningback and they have not faced NDSU's defense yet. NDSU's offense gets the chainsaw out and hacks down the trees. My prediction:
Bison 45
Sick Trees 27

Dgreenwell3
11-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Good to see Bizon fans have gone to the creative lengths of "Suckamores"...Classy and original. Ha!
On the subject of the game,
Everyone seems to think they are going to shut down Shakir, if he hadn't got hurt in that UNI game he would have likely run for 250 plus.

EndZoneQB
11-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Good to see Bizon fans have gone to the creative lengths of "Suckamores"...Classy and original. Ha!
Everyone seems to think they are going to shut down Shakir, if he hadn't got hurt in that UNI game he would have likely run for 250 plus.

He runs to the outside right? Our LB's are fast and work better out in space and outside the tackles. It will be interesting. The question is: Can your defense stop us?

90BISON
11-01-2011, 04:12 PM

Never saw tape of you guys and the Panthers, but if in fact your fantasy yardage in your fantasy game played out, not only don't the Panthers belong in the top 25, your entire Offensive Line will be playing on Sunday and Shakir should have already been drafted!

You guys are having a great year, but let's not get all crazy here.......If the Bison show up and maintain their focus, like they have done all year to this point, it shouldn't be within 2 scores.....but, that's why they play the game.....

Dgreenwell3
11-01-2011, 04:14 PM
He runs to the outside right? Our LB's are fast and work better out in space and outside the tackles. It will be interesting. The question is: Can your defense stop us?
He really does both it's not a "Bell only runs to the outside" or inside thing. We are a power team. Actually run a similar play to that inside power play you guys run.

Dgreenwell3
11-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Never saw tape of you guys and the Panthers, but if in fact your fantasy yardage in your fantasy game played out, not only don't the Panthers belong in the top 25, your entire Offensive Line will be playing on Sunday and Shakir should have already been drafted!

You guys are having a great year, but let's not get all crazy here.......If the Bison show up and maintain their focus, like they have done all year to this point, it shouldn't be within 2 scores.....but, that's why they play the game.....
It's not fantasy, it's just what happened and your multiplicity of if he was in the game. Ask UNI fans, he was ripping' em a new one.
Um, you can have any opinion you want but I highly doubt we get beat by two scores at home.

Kermit
11-01-2011, 04:19 PM
He really does both it's not a "Bell only runs to the outside" or inside thing. We are a power team. Actually run a similar play to that inside power play you guys run.

I watched the Sycamores play SDSU on TV. They were impressive. Bell is incredibly elusive, but he is also stronger that you might expect. He can break arm tackles, and if he does, he can be GONE in a hurry. ISU also has an excellent QB and an excellent (but smaller) pass catching TE as others have noted. The defense is fast--but I think the Bison o-line can wear them down.

Go Bison!!

THEsocalledfan
11-01-2011, 04:19 PM
It's not fantasy, it's just what happened and your multiplicity of if he was in the game. Ask UNI fans, he was ripping' em a new one.
Um, you can have any opinion you want but I highly doubt we get beat by two scores at home.

That's what SDSU said.

Dgreenwell3
11-01-2011, 04:23 PM
I watched the Sycamores play SDSU on TV. They were impressive. Bell is incredibly elusive, but he is also stronger that you might expect. He can break arm tackles, and if he does, he can be GONE in a hurry. ISU also has an excellent QB and an excellent (but smaller) pass catching TE as others have noted. The defense is fast--but I think the Bison o-line can wear them down.

Go Bison!!
Alex Jones (The tight end in question)
Is a monster, he ran over like 3 defenders on his way to the end zone at Illinois State.
Fouch, is so off and on this year. Last year he was excellent and this year he needs to rediscover his ability to throw effectively.

Dgreenwell3
11-01-2011, 04:24 PM
That's what SDSU said.

Seriously, i think there is a quite a difference between Indiana State and South Dakota State.

SDbison
11-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Is a monster, he ran over like 3 defenders on his way to the end zone at Illinois State.
Fouch, is so off and on this year. Last year he was excellent and this year he needs to rediscover his ability to throw effectively. Last week we heard from several UNI posters about this all world team with several all world players........now much of the same from ISU. Maybe the Tree Huggers should be a little concerned about the offense and defense of NDSU. Notice how I don't call out individuals...........with NDSU the team rises to the occasion and you never know which players will make the big plays.

SDbison
11-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Fouch, is so off and on this year. Last year he was excellent and this year he needs to rediscover his ability to throw effectively.
Are you sure Alex "Superman" Jones didn't run over 5 players? He was likely moving so fast you couldn't see everything.

Dgreenwell3
11-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Are you sure Alex "Superman" Jones didn't run over 5 players? He was likely moving so fast you couldn't see everything.
When did I ever say that? It was a crazy play 77 yard completion for a touchdown. I will say this though; you guys can come over to sycamore pride all you want
and discuss the game. But hey, what can I expect.

Dgreenwell3
11-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Last week we heard from several UNI posters about this all world team with several all world players........now much of the same from ISU. Maybe the Tree Huggers should be a little concerned about the offense and defense of NDSU. Notice how I don't call out individuals...........with NDSU the team rises to the occasion and you never know which players will make the big plays.
Didn't say we weren't.
I cam over to update Bizon fans on what was going on Terredise...

THEsocalledfan
11-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Seriously, i think there is a quite a difference between Indiana State and South Dakota State.

SDSU is a rivalry game, at least to them, so those game can have quirky things happen. Further, that game was at SDSU. ISU is not a rivalry game. Trust that Coach Bohl will have the boys ready to play. Both teams have a lot on the line so I can see this being a tough game, just as SDSU was a tough game. It is clearly our second hardest road game on paper. (I don't care what anyone says, you have to give the toughest road game nod to the Minnesota game.) By the way, we beat Minnesota. What BCS conference school did ISU beat by the way?

Dgreenwell3
11-01-2011, 04:49 PM
SDSU is a rivalry game, at least to them, so those game can have quirky things happen. Further, that game was at SDSU. ISU is not a rivalry game. Trust that Coach Bohl will have the boys ready to play. Both teams have a lot on the line so I can see this being a tough game, just as SDSU was a tough game. It is clearly our second hardest road game on paper. (I don't care what anyone says, you have to give the toughest road game nod to the Minnesota game.) By the way, we beat Minnesota. What BCS conference school did ISU beat by the way?
Way to keep it classy: Did I come on here and start saying how we were going to boatrace you guys? No. Guess I should have come on here and proclaimed the greatness of the Bizon. Gonna be a great game saturday. Best of luck to you guys and hope no one goes down to an injury.

tony
11-01-2011, 04:54 PM
When did I ever say that? It was a crazy play 77 yard completion for a touchdown. I will say this though; you guys can come over to sycamore pride all you want
and discuss the game. But hey, what can I expect.

From SDBison? As a fan of another team, you can expect to be welcomed with a hearty "STFU and GTFO!" That's just his way :)

UNI's TE had a career day against NDSU so Jones is a worry but, defensively, slowing down Bell is going to be job #1. The coaches always say that the gameplan is: 1) shut down the run 2) make the opponent one-dimensional 3) ... 4) profit.

Dgreenwell3
11-01-2011, 04:58 PM
From SDBison? As a fan of another team, you can expect to be welcomed with a hearty "STFU and GTFO!" That's just his way :)

UNI's TE had a career day against NDSU so Jones is a worry but, defensively, slowing down Bell is going to be job #1. The coaches always say that the gameplan is: 1) shut down the run 2) make the opponent one-dimensional 3) ... 4) profit.
I think the key to slowing Bell is stopping his cut-back lanes. He is a classic stretch style running back I think the best way to slow him is to just play gap discipline.
It seemed like to me that Bell has a back for getting past that first wave of defenders.
I really think this is going to be one of the best games of the year.

MNLonghorn10
11-01-2011, 05:00 PM
actually, 3 is always "????"

SDbison
11-01-2011, 05:02 PM

Oops I forgot this is a Bison messageboard. Also this was a score prediction thread, not a place to hear the opponents fans gloat about their team. Maybe the visitor could have posted in a another thread about the upcoming ISU game.

MNLonghorn10
11-01-2011, 05:09 PM
pretty bad ass stadium you got there

heffray
11-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Everyone is giving this team way too much credit:

Bison-41
Lumber-14

I could not agree more. "Ditto" on the score, 'cept i'll go with the Bison scoring 38, not quite forty. Also "ditto" meaning "i love you."

Dgreenwell3
11-01-2011, 05:12 PM
pretty bad ass stadium you got there
THe things a dump, but it's our dump. New Stadium is in the works just hasn't been announced, looks like it will be down on the riverfront.

heffray
11-01-2011, 05:22 PM
I love when people get all bent out of shape about other people "not being classy." This is a public forum, and you are from the opposing team. If you can't handle it, don't post, or ignore it. If you want to engage with those people and call them out on their "classless" behavior, don't expect much more in return.

Also: Eat sh*t and die, Suckamore!

THEsocalledfan
11-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Way to keep it classy: Did I come on here and start saying how we were going to boatrace you guys? No. Guess I should have come on here and proclaimed the greatness of the Bizon. Gonna be a great game saturday. Best of luck to you guys and hope no one goes down to an injury.

So asking what BCS school you beat is not classy? I honestly wondered the way you talk about how this team walks on water.

Honestly, dude, NDSU is really, really good this year. So, please understand if we mess with you a bit....NDSU has backed it up all year.

Dgreenwell3
11-01-2011, 05:27 PM
I love when people get all bent out of shape about other people "not being classy." This is a public forum, and you are from the opposing team. If you can't handle it, don't post, or ignore it. If you want to engage with those people and call them out on their "classless" behavior, don't expect much more in return.

Also: Eat sh*t and die, Suckamore!
Ah, living up to the reputation.
Looking forward to meeting some Bison fans in person on saturday, Hope we don't lose anyone for the season and safe travels.

Dgreenwell3
11-01-2011, 05:31 PM
So asking what BCS school you beat is not classy? I honestly wondered the way you talk about how this team walks on water.

Honestly, dude, NDSU is really, really good this year. So, please understand if we mess with you a bit....NDSU has backed it up all year.
Sorry, I guess I am used to our style of the hospitality. And i have never said "they walk on water".

heffray
11-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Ah, living up to the reputation.
Looking forward to meeting some Bison fans in person on saturday, Hope we don't lose anyone for the season and safe travels.

yeah, that last part was a joke, i'm just messing with you. all the same to you, but i do hope you lose by a lot.

EndZoneQB
11-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Sorry, I guess I am used to our style of the hospitality. And i have never said "they walk on water".

Don't worry, ask your fans that made the trip last year, they know we have hospitality. They came in a big motorhome and we showed them how we roll in Fargo.

runtheoption
11-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Don't worry, ask your fans that made the trip last year, they know we have hospitality. They came in a big motorhome and we showed them how we roll in Fargo.

Is this in reference to how Fargo PD rolled you inside the Fargodome last year, after the "lip" incident?

Dgreenwell3
11-01-2011, 05:43 PM

O I know in person you guys have great hospitality, I was just a little like, "WTF?" haha I am not exactly new around here...
I really look forward to this game. Have had it circled along with the WKU game as the barometers of how far we have come.

EndZoneQB
11-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Is this in reference to how Fargo PD rolled you inside the Fargodome last year, after the "lip" incident?

Damnit, how'd you know? The AG thread brought back a lot of memories.

AjaxTheMighty
11-01-2011, 07:39 PM
IDIOTIC: next week when Youngstown foolks come on here and tout their conference leading scoring average per game and who we should be really worried about on that team. It will be called a "trap game", or we might overlook them. Or it's gonna be their revenge after last year's crazy loss. MORE IDIOTIC: Looking ahead will annoy some BVers. Fans can't look ahead because it might affect the players on the field by some heavenly miracle. Because the fans on a message board have that much influence. :bleh:

tony
11-01-2011, 10:01 PM
actually, 3 is always "????"

Maybe that was a Freudian slip because the "...." might just be NDSU waiting for the second half to begin so the offense can unleash hell.

CHADSTAUS
11-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Bison Offense- 24
Bison Deffense-14
Total-38

Other teams Offense-10
Other teams Deffense-0
Total-10

Pyroshane
11-02-2011, 02:55 AM
That group was great. A couple of us showed up at their motorhome with a full liter of my homemade redeye, left twenty minutes later with an empty bottle. We then got the older brother of one of their players to come back to our campsite and put on a furry Bison head hat and green foam finger and pose for a picture before giving him a liquor filled cupcake and a couple pudding shots.

BisonNeil
11-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Three more games to go before I concern myself with playoffs, but I found this little gem on the SportsNetwork that does the playoff predictions.

To set this up, BVers and Kolpack discussed the poll of crap, er coaches poll, and all of the screwups this fall with NDSU dropping, Montana State dropping etc. There has been discussion on here about whether polls matter. When Gene Taylor was interviewed about whether or not polls matter, he said that officially no but it is likely that they do in some shape or form when the NCAA is setting up the brackets.

Here is what Craig Haley said on SN:

During the regular season the Top 25 will be released every Monday afternoon, except for the final weekend of games, when it will be released Sunday morning, Nov. 20, due to its use as an official tool by the NCAA Division I Football Committee in selecting the 20-team playoff field later that day.

So, all the discussion about the current playoff prediction is pure speculation and doesn't matter at all. What does matter is that NDSU wins out and remains #1. Anything else between now and then simply does not interest me.

NDSU has a huge game against two excellent opponents in ISU blue on the road and YSU at home. WIL beat us last year, and we are starting to get dinged up. Brock's turf toe concerns me a lot more than what SN has predicted our playoff bracket will look like. Who cares? As of now, not me, but in three weeks I will.

Strommer10
11-02-2011, 01:02 PM
Three more games to go before I concern myself with playoffs, but I found this little gem on the SportsNetwork that does the playoff predictions.

To set this up, BVers and Kolpack discussed the poll of crap, er coaches poll, and all of the screwups this fall with NDSU dropping, Montana State dropping etc. There has been discussion on here about whether polls matter. When Gene Taylor was interviewed about whether or not polls matter, he said that officially no but it is likely that they do in some shape or form when the NCAA is setting up the brackets.

Here is what Craig Haley said on SN:

During the regular season the Top 25 will be released every Monday afternoon, except for the final weekend of games, when it will be released Sunday morning, Nov. 20, due to its use as an official tool by the NCAA Division I Football Committee in selecting the 20-team playoff field later that day.

So, all the discussion about the current playoff prediction is pure speculation and doesn't matter at all. What does matter is that NDSU wins out and remains #1. Anything else between now and then simply does not interest me.

NDSU has a huge game against two excellent opponents in ISU blue on the road and YSU at home. WIL beat us last year, and we are starting to get dinged up. Brock's turf toe concerns me a lot more than what SN has predicted our playoff bracket will look like. Who cares? As of now, not me, but in three weeks I will.
Just a side note, EWU was ranked #1 at the end of the season last year and only got the #5 seed. So by no means is it definite that the #1 team gets the #1 seed.

90 BISON
11-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Just a side note, EWU was ranked #1 at the end of the season last year and only got the #5 seed. So by no means is it definite that the #1 team gets the #1 seed.

True, however I believe the reason for this is simply that the NCAA didn't want EWU to host throughout the playoffs. Not enough money that way. We would however provide enough money for the NCAA to give us a one seed. While this is probably not fair who has the gold makes the rules and the NCAA has a lot of gold.

TransAmBison
11-02-2011, 08:53 PM
IDIOTIC: next week when Youngstown foolks come on here and tout their conference leading scoring average per game and who we should be really worried about on that team. It will be called a "trap game", or we might overlook them. Or it's gonna be their revenge after last year's crazy loss. MORE IDIOTIC: Looking ahead will annoy some BVers. Fans can't look ahead because it might affect the players on the field by some heavenly miracle. Because the fans on a message board have that much influence. :bleh:Scoff if you want, but AG has appeared to have been quite a good luck charm for Da Bison. Do not forget all the good juju being sent our way from the Nigerian division of the Bison Brotherhood. At least I think it is good juju. Isn't all juju good juju?

BlueBisonRock
11-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Scoff if you want, but AG has appeared to have been quite a good luck charm for Da Bison. Do not forget all the good juju being sent our way from the Nigerian division of the Bison Brotherhood. At least I think it is good juju. Isn't all juju good juju?

Any truth to the rumor that AG is being considered for Bishop status in the H0ly Order?

TransAmBison
11-02-2011, 09:06 PM
Any truth to the rumor that AG is being considered for Bishop status in the H0ly Order?I know the offer was extended to send him overseas to do some missionary work for the church.

ndsubison1
11-02-2011, 11:38 PM

thats because they had a couple losses. if we're undefeated we will get the 1 seed though

IzzyFlexion
11-03-2011, 01:09 AM
I know the offer was extended to send him overseas to do some missionary work for the church.

Are you sure that's safe?
I, for one, don't wanna pick up a copy of Nigerian Weekly and see a story about a bunch of thugs accused of BEATING THE BISHOP.