PDA

View Full Version : Only one Complaint for the Defense

Bison Dan
10-31-2011, 12:30 PM
Their running back #7 was open on every play out of the back field. What's up with that?

HandoEX
10-31-2011, 03:14 PM
They had open receivers all afternoon. Thanks God their QBs were so innaccurate. The td in the NE corner in the first half was blown coverage, the rug monster play was wide open, the 4th and forever that #7 caught was due to blown coverage. It was baaaad, but Scottie will figure it out.

CAS4127
10-31-2011, 03:18 PM
I think we were willing to give them the back out of the backfield play--we just didn't expect it to be for such big yards. Think about it. We made them one dimensional, in that they just could not run the ball against us, we covered the middle of the field for the most part (which is where we have been soft), and the RB flare was there, but that won't win you too many games.

Just my .02.

Bison"FANatic"
10-31-2011, 03:32 PM
We need to cover the TE a whole heck of a lot better down the seam, heck the whole center of the field seemed to be open the last few weeks even for some of the slot receivers. It is a weakness in the Tampa 2 and we have been getting it exploited on us. Hopefully they are getting a answer put together for it as we are going to see a bunch of it in coming weeks with the lack of coverage on film for these next teams. I have faith that or D coordinator can get them coached up and get it stopped.

NorthernBison
10-31-2011, 03:50 PM
We weren't very effective with a ten man defense at the end of the first half. If we're going to play that way, maybe we should practice it more.

CarringtonBison
10-31-2011, 04:39 PM
The tampa two has a weakness in these two areas. The D line did a good job all night, but for the most part, Rennie had time to throw the ball and those routes to develop. The corners will drop back 10-15 yards to cover the soft sideline route and that opened up the underneath route. A few missed tackles later and it is a bigger gain. If we tackle better on those plays, they are not as big. We need more pressure to close down the seam route by the tight end.

my $0.01 x 2

bisonsupporter
10-31-2011, 04:57 PM
Pressure on the QB can help with coverage problems. When we blitzed UNI we should have had 3 INT's. The big blown play was both safties went to cover the TE and left the slot guy running down the field. I think the carpet helped make up for some blown pass interference calls.