PDA

View Full Version : Doesnt get much attention.

56BISON73
10-31-2011, 01:15 AM
Ive been noticing a player by the name of Shepherd getting his name mentioned quite a bit over the pa. Seems to do well on special teams and while playing as a D-back. Wondering why nobody talks about him?

stevdock
10-31-2011, 01:17 AM
I was curious why and when he replaced Dudzik??

NDSUFan_Sav
10-31-2011, 01:23 AM
I was curious why and when he replaced Dudzik??

off and on at sdsu it seemed like he was giving up to many big plays so not sure if that was why.

mgbison
10-31-2011, 01:42 AM
I've noticed he's had some nice hits over the past couple of weeks. I'm liking the depth at corner in the future. Dudzik, Boyd, Shepard. Throw Pierre in there next year.

stevdock
10-31-2011, 01:46 AM
Just curious has Boyd been out there on the field for any 1st team defense?? I know he's been out there with the 2nd team and I thought other than 1 play especially on Saturday he's done a good job on kick coverage.

AjaxTheMighty
10-31-2011, 01:51 AM
Is this Shepard kid the one from UNO?

DIBISON
10-31-2011, 01:54 AM
Yes, from UNO. Played an awful lot yesterday at the corner.

KTF
10-31-2011, 01:54 AM
Is this Shepard kid the one from UNO? Yes I believe he is.

56BISON73
10-31-2011, 01:58 AM
I first noticed this kid at the SDSU game while he was on special teams.

herdmember
10-31-2011, 02:00 AM
He was in the mix alot during the Minnesota game too. Appears to keep getting more and more PT each week. Real agressive it seems.

99Bison
10-31-2011, 02:18 AM
Dudzik appeared to make serveral mistakes on uni's opening drive, after that shepard came in.

HerdBot
10-31-2011, 03:25 AM
Ive been noticing a player by the name of Shepherd getting his name mentioned quite a bit over the pa. Seems to do well on special teams and while playing as a D-back. Wondering why nobody talks about him?

Yeah its hard to pick up on who is playing from the stands but when I looked at the box score he had 8 tackles. He's very talented. Seems to be a bit more athletic in coverage. I assume it takes new guys a little longer to catch on. Off topic i didn't even notice Heagle wasnt playing until I watched the replay. I would imagine we see more Boyd soon too. Dudzik seems great in run coverage but gets tested a lot opposite Williams. Can't see but the results are good.

ndsubison1
10-31-2011, 06:38 AM
shepherd nearly had a pick too

KCHerd
11-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Shepard is playing more and doing ok, but I dont quite get why Dudzik is now switching in and out. He is still 2nd on the team in tackles (1st in the secondary) and plays good coverage up there in passes defended also. I dont recall him really ever giving up a huge play. Of course we dont know every mistake that gets made like the coaches do, but he is pretty darn solid out there from what I see. Plus, the team is 8-0, with a great defense, so why mess with success?

HooliganBison
11-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Im going to stay with the title but switch players. Dj pass blocking is phenomenal. After watching the game on dvr he is great at picking up blitzers and getting good chips on guys. This is one spot I know Ojuri will need to make improvements next year.

PaBizon
11-03-2011, 02:04 AM
Shepard is playing more and doing ok, but I dont quite get why Dudzik is now switching in and out. He is still 2nd on the team in tackles (1st in the secondary) and plays good coverage up there in passes defended also. I dont recall him really ever giving up a huge play. Of course we dont know every mistake that gets made like the coaches do, but he is pretty darn solid out there from what I see. Plus, the team is 8-0, with a great defense, so why mess with success?

I was at the SDSU game and Dudzick had a tough day. IMO (especially on that day) he plays too far off the WR and dosen't have the closing speed Sheppard has. He is a very solid tackler and played pretty well against UNI. Of course no matter who is on the the second corner they're going to get picked on as teams shy away from Marcus. Good to know there are two solid players that can be put out there.

ndsubison1
11-03-2011, 02:07 AM

sheperd played well vs. uni and as was said dudzik struggled early vs. sdsu. not sure how much he played vs. uni. would you consider changing richard to C for the missouri st. game a bad idea? i mean we were undefeated heading into that game. changes are needed at times and im glad we have the depth to compensate

CaBisonFan
11-03-2011, 02:12 AM
Looks like we're in great shape to make a run at the conference title. I like how we're using most of the guys throughout the game. Smart move. Somebody gets hurt...we have guys who have played in important parts of each game.

What year is Shepherd?

17>1
11-03-2011, 02:49 AM
Yeah its hard to pick up on who is playing from the stands but when I looked at the box score he had 8 tackles. He's very talented. Seems to be a bit more athletic in coverage. I assume it takes new guys a little longer to catch on. Off topic i didn't even notice Heagle wasnt playing until I watched the replay. I would imagine we see more Boyd soon too. Dudzik seems great in run coverage but gets tested a lot opposite Williams. Can't see but the results are good.

I'm not sure if it's because our season tickets are in the endzone, and 90% of the time the Bison D has their backs to us right away, but I usually pick up on who's playing and who isn't by the time the first series is done. First thing I said to my dad when the D came out was that Heagle wasn't out there. Then I scanned the sideline for his number, and that's when I saw him in jeans. I'm pretty sure Eaves moved into Heagles spot on Saturday and Pike played FS. Heagle is a very important piece to our defensive puzzle with his ability to blow up plays at the line of scrimmage. Sure would love to see him out there against ISUb. even if he's only 80-90% healthy.

17>1
11-03-2011, 02:52 AM
Also, the fact Eaves was playing a different position could have something to do with what seemed like a few blown coverages.

westnodak93bison
11-03-2011, 03:21 AM
I've noticed he's had some nice hits over the past couple of weeks. I'm liking the depth at corner in the future. Dudzik, Boyd, Shepard. Throw Pierre in there next year.

Don't forget about Zach Colvin.

ndsubison1
11-03-2011, 04:06 AM
Looks like we're in great shape to make a run at the conference title. I like how we're using most of the guys throughout the game. Smart move. Somebody gets hurt...we have guys who have played in important parts of each game.

What year is Shepherd?

i believe he is a sophomore

Twentysix
11-03-2011, 09:54 AM
i believe he is a sophomore

I saw a news article that agrees with you.

NDSU_grad
11-03-2011, 02:15 PM
I'm wondering with losing both free safeties if Dudzik will get looked at for that position next year. If I remember right, that was his original position.

HerdBot
11-03-2011, 02:32 PM
I'm wondering with losing both free safeties if Dudzik will get looked at for that position next year. If I remember right, that was his original position.

Good question. We will need a safety next year and corner will be even deeper with Pierre and Colvin returning. Plus Shepherd is obviously pretty good and then you have Boyd getting limited reps because he's playing behind Marcus. Champion is going to be in the mix as well.

But overall, Dudzik has been decent. This is his 1st year starting and he will improve but I think he started more out of necessity. Hes certainly been servicible. Going from safety to corner is a pretty big change. Now that the other guys have had time to learn the defense I expect them to play more.

His skills seem to fit safety a Tad better but I like his tackling abilities. He got beat deep against SDSU and missed a tackle on the 1st drive vs uni. Considering we try to not give up big plays... the SDSU play he was out jumped. Decent coverage. Also when you get picked on you get tired quickly. But I think its big that he's helping us keep Champion redshirted.

17>1
11-03-2011, 03:37 PM
My guess is Dudzik stays at corner. These 2 incoming RFr could make an impact at FS right away, Frank Veldman and Joey Sonnefeld.

Scooter1
11-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Marcus Williams
Christian Dudzik
Ariel Boyd
Bryan Shepherd
Zach Colvin
Jordan Champion
Colten Heagle
Bobby Ollman
Bendin Pierre (?)
Joey Sonnenfeld
Frank Veldman
CJ Smith

AJ Von Voorhis
Brock Gion
Michael Wiest

NDSU is STACKED at the DB position for next season.

BisonNeil
11-03-2011, 05:28 PM
You all bitch about the Forum, so I guess that means you don't read it.

Shepard moved to FS behind Pike when Eaves was out. When Eaves got healthy, he moved back to CB.

This week, as published in the Forum, and I think on the media blog, Shepard is pushing Dudzik hard for starting CB opposite Williams as Bohl said he has played very well as of late.

So, the only place Shepard hasn't been getting attention is here on BV.

SlickVic
11-03-2011, 05:31 PM
You all bitch about the Forum, so I guess that means you don't read it.

Shepard moved to FS behind Pike when Eaves was out. When Eaves got healthy, he moved back to CB.

This week, as published in the Forum, and I think on the media blog, Shepard is pushing Dudzik hard for starting CB opposite Williams as Bohl said he has played very well as of late.

So, the only place Shepard hasn't been getting attention is here on BV.

The first time I noticed him was that first tackle he made last Saturday sorry I but I refuse to read the forum fool but old sheppards a good football player he should start dudzik sucks at corner as cas would say just sayin lol

HerdBot
11-03-2011, 06:01 PM
Marcus Williams
Christian Dudzik
Ariel Boyd
Bryan Shepherd
Zach Colvin
Jordan Champion
Colten Heagle
Bobby Ollman
Bendin Pierre (?)
Joey Sonnenfeld
Frank Veldman
CJ Smith

NDSU is STACKED at the DB position for next season.

No matter where they put Dudzik, he's going to contribute but I think the best spot in 2012 is safety, his original spot. It makes us a better team. Kind of like a John Pike role. He could be really valuable in nickel or dime packages. Since he is a corner, he's going to be better in coverage than the other guys.

Corners: Marcus Williams
After Williams, all 3 of these guys are capable of starting: That's 4 deep.

Brendin Pierre
Ariel Boyd
Bryan Shepherd

These guys may not be ready to start but they could definitely contribue if injuries show.
Zach Colvin
Jordan Champion
CJ Smith

SAFETY
Colten Heagle is the obvious starter at SS.

They seem to mix up the safety spots quite a bit so who knows who could grab the FS spot? Ollman is obviously the first guy that comes to mind. Sonnenfeld and Veldman are talented but still young. Gion and Van Voorhis are great special teamers. Not sure on Wiest. Makes sense for Dudzik to move unless we see a rash of injuries

Bobby Ollman
Christian Dudzik
Joey Sonnenfeld (rsf 2012)
Frank Veldman (rsf 2012)
Michael Wiest (rsf 2012)
Brock Gion
A.J. Van Voorhis

HerdBot
11-03-2011, 06:03 PM
The first time I noticed him was that first tackle he made last Saturday sorry I but I refuse to read the forum fool but old sheppards a good football player he should start dudzik sucks at corner as cas would say just sayin lol

Sucks is pretty harsh. He's been solid and has been thrown on a ton with Marcus on the other side. We do have one of the top defenses in the nation and he's been a starter for us.

BisonBot
11-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Brock Gion will be back next year as well coming off of some injuries.

tcbison
11-03-2011, 09:16 PM
Brock Gion will be back next year as well coming off of some injuries.

Would be nice to see Brock Gion back on the field on special teams. I was hoping he would be back this year but I guess not.