PDA

View Full Version : John Pike - Player of the Game?

BisonCardinal
10-31-2011, 12:29 AM
I realize Jensen had great numbers, but Pike had two interceptions on the nationally ranked #2 team that had not thrown a pick all year plus several key tackles. My guess is the selection people were a little premature in picking Brock before the end of the game. To me, the last interception to seal the game, had me convinced he would get player of the game.

Thoughts?

Bisonguy
10-31-2011, 01:10 AM
I dunno, but Pike was MVFC Defensive player of the week. I thought the O line probably deserved player of the game as well.

stevdock
10-31-2011, 01:12 AM
Kinda depends on who was the safety on the turf monster play. They had trips right and Littlejohn had initial coverage but then blitzed, so then whoever the safety was has to take that guy. Easy pitch and catch when the safety comes up and you just throw it over the top.

I honestly thought the entire team deserved it, but if you had to narrow it down it should have gone to the O-Line.

CaBisonFan
10-31-2011, 01:14 AM
I realize Jensen had great numbers, but Pike had two interceptions on the nationally ranked #2 team that had not thrown a pick all year plus several key tackles. My guess is the selection people were a little premature in picking Brock before the end of the game. To me, the last interception to seal the game, had me convinced he would get player of the game.

Thoughts?

It seemed like he was everywhere and involved in a LOT of big plays. No argument here.

NDSUstudent
10-31-2011, 01:30 AM
Just watching now on FCS...on UNI's first drive Pike broke up UNI's pass attempt on third and goal. That was a huge stop, add that to his picks and I'd say he should have been player of the game.

HandoEX
10-31-2011, 02:45 AM
Huge game for Pike! His grandma sits behind us and was really, really excited for him.

Was surprised to see how many snaps we took defensively with two free safeties and no strong safety.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-31-2011, 02:48 AM
It was a team effort. The entire team deserves the game ball.

Twentysix
10-31-2011, 09:32 AM
I said that when they announced player of the game.

He would of been worthy. Seems extra hard for a defensive player to get POTG, when they earn it they should get it... brock will get loads of them..