PDA

View Full Version : Fox College Sports sucks

HerdBot
10-30-2011, 10:35 PM
So I set my DVR to watch the game and they missed the start at the expense of some crappy replay game. Didn't get to see the intro. Missed the first drive of UNI. What a bush league channel. They don't even have regular programming.

tony
10-30-2011, 10:47 PM
So I set my DVR to watch the game and they missed the start at the expense of some crappy replay game. Didn't get to see the intro. Missed the first drive of UNI. What a bush league channel. They don't even have regular programming.

Huh, I set the DVR to record the 3am replay and got the intro... haven't checked to see if it got the whole game yet.

EndZoneQB
10-30-2011, 10:50 PM
Gabe, relax.

BisonVifte
10-30-2011, 10:51 PM
I didn't miss any of those things. Saw all of the intro video.

56BISON73
10-30-2011, 10:53 PM

My wife had those same problems when she turned the game on back home. (Yes we get Directv in AR.) You have to know that my wife is electronically-technology challenged. If what is supposed to happen doesnt happen whan she pushes the button something short circuits in her brain and she either locks up in frustration or it gets ugly real fast and the swearing begins.

BisonTeacher
10-30-2011, 11:01 PM
Ours did too. Cant remember the teams, but it had the wrong game on and missed UNI's opening drive.

4mcruenomore
10-30-2011, 11:12 PM
It was on FCS, but I swear on wednesday Lee Timmerman announces that NBC ND is going to pick it up, like it's new news. So, why were LT and Hammer the announcers? I don't get it.

Tatanka
10-30-2011, 11:13 PM
It was on FCS, but I swear on wednesday Lee Timmerman announces that NBC ND is going to pick it up, like it's new news. So, why were LT and Hammer the announcers? I don't get it.
I believe it was because it was originally a KX4 broadcast that was picked up by FCS. Then it was picked up by statewide NBC.

Bison bison
10-30-2011, 11:15 PM
my seats were unchanged

4mcruenomore
10-30-2011, 11:22 PM
I believe it was because it was originally a KX4 broadcast that was picked up by FCS. Then it was picked up by statewide NBC.

So Fox was always just going to air what is basicly "our" broadcast team? See, I figured it would be other announcers since it has been planned on being on Fox for a month or more, whatever. When LT announced it, I just figured NBC would air Fox's announcers. I see Kevin wasn't wasn't on either.

NDSUstudent
10-30-2011, 11:27 PM
So Fox was always just going to air what is basicly "our" broadcast team? See, I figured it would be other announcers since it has been planned on being on Fox for a month or more, whatever. When LT announced it, I just figured NBC would air Fox's announcers. I see Kevin wasn't wasn't on either.

Kevin had to coach a football game vs Elk River.

Tatanka
10-30-2011, 11:30 PM

I believe this is the MO fo FCS. They pick up and redistribute local feeds, such as for the Fighting Who Sports Network and teh hockies. Could be wrong, but I believe what you saw was the plan all along, plus or minus lee timmerman. The nutbeard was always going to be in the picture on this one.

Hammerhead
10-30-2011, 11:30 PM
The end zone camera also seemed to be really blurry. It almost looked like they were blurring images of people like they do on reality shows where they don't get releases from some of the people in the background.

BisonTeacher
10-30-2011, 11:33 PM
Personally, Im just glad it was on FCS. If it was on the webstream only I would have had to wait until they posted the replay to watch the entire game. With it being on FCS I was able to watch it when I got home on the DVR.

Tatanka
10-30-2011, 11:35 PM
The end zone camera also seemed to be really blurry. It almost looked like they were blurring images of people like they do on reality shows where they don't get releases from some of the people in the background.

I don't recall signing a release. Hmmmm...

jimmyptubas
10-30-2011, 11:37 PM
I'm local, but am glad that it was on FCS for out of town/staters. I agree with Hammerhead, endzone cam looked real bad. I was expecting a different crew as well. That's why i DVR'ed the FCS feed to analyze when I got back from the game!

EndZoneQB
10-30-2011, 11:51 PM
I believe this is the MO fo FCS. They pick up and redistribute local feeds, such as for the Fighting Who Sports Network and teh hockies. Could be wrong, but I believe what you saw was the plan all along, plus or minus lee timmerman. The nutbeard was always going to be in the picture on this one.

They also do Fox Sports productions. It's just a delivery vehice (see: DaveK's work car) for content. Some of it can be produced by FoxSports North, but aired on FCSc for scheduling, etc. That's the way I understand it, anyway.

Bison03
10-31-2011, 12:10 AM
Replay tonight at 8 on FCS. I can't wait to see this again

MNLonghorn10
10-31-2011, 12:26 AM
yea im watchin it back again tonight...halloween party last night, recovery today..plus i forgot to dvr it last night.

thank god i have midcon, since its apparent if you dont have cable, you wont get fcs.................................or fsn

Bison Dan
10-31-2011, 12:32 AM
What channel on direct tv?

SDbison
10-31-2011, 12:38 AM
What channel on direct tv? I don't think directv will be rebroadcasting the game at 8pm tonight. Channel 617 shows TBA. Someone here said cable runs a bigger schedule than directv.

4mcruenomore
10-31-2011, 12:45 AM
I just don't understand using Hammer and LT. LT doesn't even know some of our players names. The sideline guy says one time "Back up to you Dan, LT, and Kevin", I'm thinking, am I deaf or blind, Kevin isn't there you dumb ass.

Endzone, thanks for using DaveK's 1993 Civic as an example, it helped me understand it.

HerdBot
10-31-2011, 01:00 AM
I just don't understand using Hammer and LT. LT doesn't even know some of our players names. The sideline guy says one time "Back up to you Dan, LT, and Kevin", I'm thinking, am I deaf or blind, Kevin isn't there you dumb ass.

Endzone, thanks for using DaveK's 1993 Civic as an example, it helped me understand it.

The sideline guy. Nice guy but he has a knack for asking coaches stupid questions.

BisoninNWMN
10-31-2011, 01:17 AM
Replay of game is on now on Foxsports......awesome!!!

Hammersmith
10-31-2011, 01:18 AM
FCS replay running 15 min late. About to kickoff. Cabeone channel 307.

BisoninNWMN
10-31-2011, 01:22 AM
Man, Hammer and Timmerman suck!

Frickin UND homers calling a Bison game....

stevdock
10-31-2011, 01:24 AM
What channel on Direct TV??

BisoninNWMN
10-31-2011, 01:25 AM
FCSC channel 81

4mcruenomore
10-31-2011, 01:31 AM
I was waiting for LT to mention that UND beat UNI back in 2005 or whatever, I might have missed it. I do know, he said we haven't beaten UNI "ever". He is such a UND homer!!!!!

BisoninNWMN
10-31-2011, 01:36 AM
Really bragging up UNI.....

SDbison
10-31-2011, 01:53 AM
What channel on Direct TV?? directv does not rebroadcast games on fcs....it was on Channel 617 saturday.

NDSUBowler
10-31-2011, 02:09 AM
sjdgjsfdghkjasd For some reason, my TV isn't recording the game...it is just a bunch of scrambled pixels and I can make out 10-3 Bison but nothing else. The previous 45 minutes it is just a black screen. Luckily, I decided to DVR it at my parents as a backup and they say it is recording fine there.

Stupid Cable One

MNLonghorn10
10-31-2011, 02:14 AM
sjdgjsfdghkjasd For some reason, my TV isn't recording the game...it is just a bunch of scrambled pixels and I can make out 10-3 Bison but nothing else. The previous 45 minutes it is just a black screen. Luckily, I decided to DVR it at my parents as a backup and they say it is recording fine there.

Stupid Cable One
haha, works for me right now...try unplugging the box?

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-31-2011, 02:15 AM
I didn't miss any of those things. Saw all of the intro video.

I recorded it as well and didn't have any problems. I rewatched when I got home and now it is being replayed as I type this. What a great game to be at.

stevdock
10-31-2011, 02:17 AM
FYI someone has at least the last three quarters on youtube already. Here is the second quarter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iCUq8pXqqVw#t=1337s

NDSUBowler
10-31-2011, 02:23 AM
haha, works for me right now...try unplugging the box?
I'd do it except then I can't deathsweat Vick/Jackson in hopes my fantasy team can hold on to victory. That, plus the fact it is recording fine at my backup location, plus those youtube links above, save me from having to give any extra effort to make it work. :)

EndZoneQB
10-31-2011, 02:37 AM
Jamal Spencer was the sideline guy. I didn't they were dumb questions, those are typical questions for sideline guys at half IMO. He did mess up saying Kevin, tho. He's done a good job on Bison coverage and the Bohl Show.

HerdBot
10-31-2011, 03:00 AM
Jamal Spencer was the sideline guy. I didn't they were dumb questions, those are typical questions for sideline guys at half IMO. He did mess up saying Kevin, tho. He's done a good job on Bison coverage and the Bohl Show.

Illinois State - he asked the ISU coach about the tough first half. He responded by saying it was a great first half, 1 score game.

Northern Iowa - asked Bohl what happened on the last drive before half. Bohl looked at him like "are you serious?"
I dunno. Hes a good sports caster but he seems really awkward as the sideline guy. I was waiting for him to say "and boom goes the dynamite!"

Of course a real Bison fan would have picked on on Mike Favor and the Dr reference.

EndZoneQB
10-31-2011, 03:50 AM
Illinois State - he asked the ISU coach about the tough first half. He responded by saying it was a great first half, 1 score game.

Northern Iowa - asked Bohl what happened on the last drive before half. Bohl looked at him like "are you serious?"
I dunno. Hes a good sports caster but he seems really awkward as the sideline guy. I was waiting for him to say "and boom goes the dynamite!"

Of course a real Bison fan would have picked on on Mike Favor and the Dr reference.

I guess I didn't see him for the ISU game. I thought the Bohl question was a typical sideline guy question(like the ISU game, but in that case, it wasn't relevant). He used to be a sideline guy for FS-Detroit, so I guess I assumed that'd be his strong suit.

HerdBot
10-31-2011, 04:12 AM
I guess I didn't see him for the ISU game. I thought the Bohl question was a typical sideline guy question(like the ISU game, but in that case, it wasn't relevant). He used to be a sideline guy for FS-Detroit, so I guess I assumed that'd be his strong suit.

He's a great sports guy. I like him a lot. The boom goes the dynamite was a joke. But he needs some practice on the sideline in regards to Bison History and football.... he will get better. He's still new to the area.

devin45k
10-31-2011, 08:48 AM
I dont think it was that bad. I love how are new lighting makes our helmets pop out on TV now.

onbison09
10-31-2011, 01:03 PM
The high school game at the beginning was a DirecTV deal

Bison Dan
10-31-2011, 01:09 PM
How did Hammer do?

Twentysix
10-31-2011, 01:10 PM
So I listened to a random 17 minute chunk of the game on youtube. Lee Timmerman is a douche wow....

When they refer to him as LT does it stand for lieutenant douche? Get some students to do the color over that guy...jeebus. Judging by the chunk I listened too Lee Timmerman has 5 or 6 UNI posters hung above his race car bed.

Let him tell you that run by rennie was "AWESOME, WOW!"

KSBisonFan
10-31-2011, 01:34 PM
Timmerman has a definite man crush on Rennie....disturbing.
The conference needs to do a better job of promoting itself and getting a stable, consistent TV package of some kind. We have games relevant to the national title chase every week and we're scrambling to find the damn games. Frustrating to say the least.

KilldeerBison
10-31-2011, 02:04 PM
I saw UNI player #32 on defense throw a roundhouse punch to the helmet of a Bison player. It was on a play towards the end of the 3rd 1/4 where UNI was flagged for a P/F out of bounds. I watched the NBC broadcast dvr, you can see him load his right arm and throw a haymaker roundhouse, only you can not see where landed. He should have been ejected/suspended.

Tatanka
10-31-2011, 08:30 PM
I saw UNI player #32 on defense throw a roundhouse punch to the helmet of a Bison player. It was on a play towards the end of the 3rd 1/4 where UNI was flagged for a P/F out of bounds. I watched the NBC broadcast dvr, you can see him load his right arm and throw a haymaker roundhouse, only you can not see where landed. He should have been ejected/suspended.
First offensive series for NDSU, DJ runs through for a first down. He's down on all fours, then he gets up and is given a blow to the head by #24 white for his troubles. no call. Bisonguy has the whole thing, frame by frame.

Civil06
10-31-2011, 08:32 PM
First offensive series for NDSU, DJ runs through for a first down. He's down on all fours, then he gets up and is given a blow to the head by #24 white for his troubles. no call. Bisonguy has the whole thing, frame by frame.

That was terrible! The crazy thing about that play, Bohl said on the coach's show that that was the same guy that took Paschall into the wall.

Tatanka
10-31-2011, 08:44 PM
That was terrible! The crazy thing about that play, Bohl said on the coach's show that that was the same guy that took Paschall into the wall.

And he would be correct.

Thug.

bisonaudit
10-31-2011, 09:17 PM
What is a sideline reporter actualy supposed to do with those interviews in and out of halftime? He's got like 30 seconds, the coach has no interest in talking to you, he's only doing it because he has to and he certainly has no interest in saying anything of substance. On are rare occasion where the reporter actually asks a difficult question and tries to get a real answer the reporter gets slammed for doing their job (see Rose, Pete; Gray, Jim; All-Star Game). It's a total farce.

TheBisonator
10-31-2011, 09:47 PM
What is a sideline reporter actualy supposed to do with those interviews in and out of halftime? He's got like 30 seconds, the coach has no interest in talking to you, he's only doing it because he has to and he certainly has no interest in saying anything of substance. On are rare occasion where the reporter actually asks a difficult question and tries to get a real answer the report gets slammed for doing their job (see Rose, Pete; Gray, Jim; All-Star Game). It's a total farce.

I remember that woman for the BTN at the Gopher game wax moronic on and on about some completely irrelevant thing that was always about some crappy Gopher player, overlapping her mouthflapping with important plays going on the field at that time. I remember saying to myself, "GAWD lady, SHUT THE HELL UP, I'm TRYING TO WATCH SOME DAMN FOOTBALL!!"

Bisonguy
10-31-2011, 09:53 PM
I remember that woman for the BTN at the Gopher game wax moronic on and on about some completely irrelevant thing that was always about some crappy Gopher player, overlapping her mouthflapping with important plays going on the field at that time. I remember saying to myself, "GAWD lady, SHUT THE HELL UP, I'm TRYING TO WATCH SOME DAMN FOOTBALL!!"

Samantha Steele did a pretty good job at the Kansas or Iowa State game, but whoever was at the Gopher game needed a big glass of STFU.