PDA

View Full Version : Playoff prediction bracket.....NDSU seeded #1

DjKyRo
10-16-2011, 08:27 PM
Craig Haley has us as the no. 5-seed hosting Montana in the second round of the playoffs (after a bye). That game would be insane.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/fcs/FCS_Bracket.pdf

Twentysix
10-16-2011, 08:29 PM
A 5 seed would suck, in that playoff bracket we play every game on the road except 1...

I wish they would project records... is that #5 seed a 10-1, 9-2 or an 8-3 NDSU? Definitly has us losing to #2 UNI.

No way Virgina-wise wofford gets seeded over us. In that projection wofford would be at best 8-2(loss to #1 GSU, Clemson and a non counter over an NAIA).

Strommer10
10-16-2011, 09:27 PM
A 5 seed would suck, in that playoff bracket we play every game on the road except 1...

I wish they would project records... is that #5 seed a 10-1, 9-2 or an 8-3 NDSU? Definitly has us losing to #2 UNI.

No way Virgina-wise wofford gets seeded over us. In that projection wofford would be at best 8-2(loss to #1 GSU, Clemson and a non counter over an NAIA).

Agreed, I'm hoping we get at least a top 4 seed. This would allow at least 2 home games and possibly on the road for the Semis.

SUBISON247
10-16-2011, 10:44 PM
I thought that the teams could bid for the playoff games??

Twentysix
10-16-2011, 10:54 PM
I thought that the teams could bid for the playoff games??

Only in a non seed vs non seed matchup.

Highest seed always hosts.

DjKyRo
10-16-2011, 11:12 PM

What he said. See Eastern Washington (with 3,000 fans) hosting NDSU last season.

Strommer10
10-17-2011, 12:19 AM
What he said. See Eastern Washington (with 3,000 fans) hosting NDSU last season.

Do seeded teams need to "pay" for their home games like non-seeded teams? I know they don't have to bid against anyone. But is there a fee that they pay to the NCAA in terms of ticket sales or anything?

tjbison
10-17-2011, 12:21 AM
Do seeded teams need to "pay" for their home games like non-seeded teams? I know they don't have to bid against anyone. But is there a fee that they pay to the NCAA in terms of ticket sales or anything?

NCAA gets a cut of ALL ticket sales in the playoffs seeded or unseeded

Twentysix
10-17-2011, 12:25 AM

Yes, playoff games typically cost just about as much as they make. Or so say whiny griz fans. :p

Strommer10
10-17-2011, 12:26 AM
NCAA gets a cut of ALL ticket sales in the playoffs seeded or unseeded
I assumed something like that, but was unsure exactly what transactions occur. Thanks tj

Bisonguy
10-17-2011, 12:46 AM

It's not a head-to-head bid, but a seed still has to meet the minimum financial guarantee. IIRC there was a MVFC a few years back (Saluki-dogs or ISU-r?) that was a seed and passed on their chance to host due to them either losing money hosting or having all their expenses paid if they were on the road.

Strommer10
10-17-2011, 03:24 AM
That would be very disappointing having to pass up a home playoff game because you couldn't afford it.
It's a good thing we don't have to worry about that. :praying:

DjKyRo
10-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Latest TSN Playoff bracket has us hosting winner of Albany @ Towson and then winner of Montana @ #5 Sam Houston State. That second game is going to be ape-shit no matter who wins.

WYOBISONMAN
10-30-2011, 07:05 PM
The Sports Network has released an updated projected playoff bracket. NDSU now is projected to be the #1 seed.....

DjKyRo
10-30-2011, 07:08 PM
That would not be a fun quadrant to try and win.

NDSUstudent
10-30-2011, 07:11 PM
Montana will get a home game, so will GSU. No way they play each other right away.

bisonmike2
10-30-2011, 07:12 PM
Looks tougher than he other side but if you want to be the best you have to beat the best. And if the road goes through the dome, I like our chances.

extremerouge
10-30-2011, 07:13 PM

This was exactly what I was thinking! For being the top seed, that's some tough teams in your section of the bracket.

Strommer10
10-30-2011, 07:15 PM
Montana will get a home game, so will GSU. No way they play each other right away.
Exactly right. GSU will get a seed unless they lose to Wofford.

stevdock
10-30-2011, 07:16 PM
GSU drops all the way to 8 with one loss to a top team?? And then ask Montana to cross the country for their first game?? Those top 9 teams at least are all very tough. At that point though I could see Montana playing an opening round game for the NCAA to get their gate. Gotta love seeing the playoffs through the dome though.

tjbison
10-30-2011, 07:19 PM
4 from the MVFC wow

Fast50Dad
10-30-2011, 07:24 PM
The Sports Network has released an updated projected playoff bracket. NDSU now is projected to be the #1 seed.....

What's with the quote at the top once you follow the link? I'm pretty sure he meant NDSU beat UNI, ISU is this week.

Go Bison!

Twentysix
10-30-2011, 07:48 PM
All sportsnetwork has proved by releasing these is that they are dumb. Everysingle one has had gaping flaws.

Now Wofford is seeded again and GSU is not? Montana will not travel unless it is to a seed.. GSU will not travel unless it is to a seed. JMU will not travel unless it is to a seed.

Can indiana state play in to face a conference foe in the 2nd round? I dont think they can. 4 MVFC teams seems like a stretch.. but maybe.

NDSUstudent
10-30-2011, 07:51 PM
They can but I do think the committee tries to avoid it.

stevdock
10-30-2011, 07:53 PM
All sportsnetwork has proved by releasing these is that they are dumb. Everysingle one has had gaping flaws.

Now Wofford is seeded again and GSU is not? Montana will not travel unless it is to a seed.. GSU will not travel unless it is to a seed. JMU will not travel unless it is to a seed.

Can indiana state play in to face a conference foe in the 2nd round? I dont think they can.

Indy St can play us as long as it is not their first game of the tourney. If we were both predicted to play the first game in the first round then it would be wrong.

Also as of right now Wofford has the auto-bid for the SoCon, so that's not horribly far-fetched, but Woff and GSU play in a couple of weeks to sort it out.

Twentysix
10-30-2011, 07:53 PM
What's with the quote at the top once you follow the link? I'm pretty sure he meant NDSU beat UNI, ISU is this week.

Go Bison!

Week 10 is this coming week. He means if we win this week we are pretty much guranteed the #1 seed.

I always thought the quarterfinals was the first time conference foes could play eachother.

Furman hasnt played app state yet so no wofford does not have the autobid.

Wofford lost to furman, GSU beat furman. If app state were to lose to furman, furman would take spot #3 which would be used as the tiebreaker, of course the head to head will be the actual tiebreaker.

Strommer10
10-30-2011, 08:01 PM
Week 10 is this coming week. He means if we win this week we are pretty much guranteed the #1 seed.

I always thought the quarterfinals was the first time conference foes could play eachother.

Furman hasnt played app state yet so no wofford does not have the autobid.

Wofford lost to furman, GSU beat furman. If app state were to lose to furman, furman would take spot #3 which would be used as the tiebreaker, of course the head to head will be the actual tiebreaker.
I would like that to be the rule, but am not totally sure if it is or not. You play a whole conference schedule and our first game would possibly be against a conference foe? That shouldn't happen in my mind.

Dgreenwell3
10-30-2011, 08:07 PM
Got no problem with this, I think the MVFC is one of if not the best conference in the country right now. I think we get 4 in.

Bisonwinagn
10-30-2011, 08:15 PM
GSU drops all the way to 8 with one loss to a top team?? And then ask Montana to cross the country for their first game?? Those top 9 teams at least are all very tough. At that point though I could see Montana playing an opening round game for the NCAA to get their gate. Gotta love seeing the playoffs through the dome though.

This is a projected bracket so they projecting Wofford to beat GSU.

Bison bison
10-30-2011, 08:26 PM
You are right about the Indiana State thing.

Strommer10
10-30-2011, 09:11 PM
Got no problem with this, I think the MVFC is one of if not the best conference in the country right now. I think we get 4 in.
I hope we get 4 in. That would be a testament to how much the Valley has improved. NDSU, UNI, with ISUr, ISUb, & YSU fighting to get in.

Bison bison
10-30-2011, 09:31 PM
And we play two of those teams the next two weeks...

A1pigskin
10-30-2011, 09:38 PM
Too early to say................

TheBisonator
10-30-2011, 09:45 PM

Whoever said that is wrong. If we beat Indiana State next week, we're guaranteed JACK.

We need to win our next two if we want to be most likely guaranteed JUST a top-5 seed and clinch the MVFC autobid.

Only by winning our next three will we get the #1 seed.

A1pigskin
10-30-2011, 09:54 PM
I don't predicting this early.

Twentysix
10-30-2011, 10:02 PM
Whoever said that is wrong. If we beat Indiana State next week, we're guaranteed JACK.

We need to win our next two if we want to be most likely guaranteed JUST a top-5 seed and clinch the MVFC autobid.

Whoever makes the TSN projection said that. click the link and scroll up.

bisonsupporter
10-31-2011, 07:21 PM
Interesting new projection: 2nd round rematch with Ind St? then Georgia Southern or Montana at the Dome.....

bisonaudit
10-31-2011, 07:36 PM
Interesting new projection: 2nd round rematch with Ind St? then Georgia Southern or Montana at the Dome.....

That would be pretty horseshit. Ind St is probably the 13 when the one should be getting the 16 and Georgia Southern is probably the 5 or 6 when the 1 should be getting the 8.

ndsubison1
10-31-2011, 07:50 PM
FCS should do what the NFL does if a lowest seed wins they should automatically play the highest seeded team left in the next round

missingnumber7
11-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Ok so if this holds out...talk about murderer's row...but rematch with IN St, Grizzled ones or GA Southern in the dome(the games that were due), Maine (post 9/11 what should have been), and beatin the cats for some pizza hut in frisco. I like the way this could work out.

Grizzled
11-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Ok so if this holds out...talk about murderer's row...but rematch with IN St, Grizzled ones or GA Southern in the dome(the games that were due), Maine (post 9/11 what should have been), and beatin the cats for some pizza hut in frisco. I like the way this could work out.

If, and its a huge, probably not going to happen If, the brackets layed out like this, no way does Montana St. get out of the bottom half of the bracket. Wouldn't be suprised to see 2 MVFC teams in the championship this year.

Bisonguy
11-01-2011, 07:10 PM

Even then a #1 seed isn't guaranteed. EWU had the #1 ranking in the polls last year but was the #5 seed in the playoffs. The only reason why they hosted all the way through was that the #1 and #4 seeds lost prior to meeting EWU.

EmeraldCityBison
11-01-2011, 07:10 PM
No matter how the 20 playoff teams are seeded, it'll be tough to get to Frisco. We need to win out and make someone beat us at home in the playoffs.

TransAmBison
11-01-2011, 07:34 PM
This whole playoff thing is getting confusing. Where is E Wash? I mean, they were so good last year and their fans knew they were going to be tough for years to come. Where are they projected to be seeded? Can somebody get ahold of Screaming Eagle so he can let us know when we will be playing at bloody tampon field?

coldspot
11-01-2011, 07:40 PM
This whole playoff thing is getting confusing. Where is E Wash? I mean, they were so good last year and their fans knew they were going to be tough for years to come. Where are they projected to be seeded? Can somebody get ahold of Screaming Eagle so he can let us know when we will be playing at bloody tampon field?

I heard they're having a bison playoff watch party at tampax field on their video board...