PDA

View Full Version : Ready for you guys in the WAC!!!

dancingNMSUaggie
10-30-2011, 04:47 PM
I've started to follow you guys this year and I have become a closet Bison fan! Congrats on the win vs. NI and would love to see a championship game of Montana vs. NDSU. Both Montana and NDSU would be great additions to the WAC if you guys ever decide to move up. Anyway, good luck and I will be cheering you guys on the rest of the season.

Fargo Dome looks like a great place to watch a game! To bad it is not a little bigger. I think you guys could easily average 25000 a game with the fan support you have.

P.S. Is there any talk about moving up to FBS from the admins people at NDSU? Just curious.

Bison bison
10-30-2011, 05:02 PM
No real talk.

I think it would be great to be affiliated with other land grant schools.

yellowstreak
10-30-2011, 05:04 PM
I hope not

NDSUFan_Sav
10-30-2011, 05:08 PM
Can we seriously stop this damn WAC talk

EndZoneQB
10-30-2011, 05:20 PM
Can we seriously stop this damn WAC talk

I don't mind getting a little attention from fans of WAC schools. You never know when it might become a real possibility. With all of this conference realignment, the possibility could change tomorrow for all we know.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-30-2011, 05:24 PM
I don't mind getting a little attention from fans of WAC schools. You never know when it might become a real possibility. With all of this conference realignment, the possibility could change tomorrow for all we know.

Yeah I know but I'd rather have a few more years of success at this level before any talks of FBS. Imo, I prefer the playoffs over just a bowl game that we'd probably not have many viewers, probably long travel, costs, and would need more money. I'm not sure what the lower level fbs schools have for seating or what they average, but I'd guess their seating is quite a bit more then ours?

NDSUstudent
10-30-2011, 05:27 PM
Honestly I love seeing fans of other schools wanting NDSU in their conference. While I do like the FCS and MVFC...it is hard to rule out anything when the Summit League is having some issues. Of course the WAC also has some issues but if the Montana schools were on board it would be something to think about.

Tatanka
10-30-2011, 05:35 PM
If I truly believed that this came from a fan of a WAC team I'd be inclined to agree.

As it stands, I'm not taking the bait.

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/patrimonio/patrimonio0804/patrimonio080400046/2890861-albacore-tuna-taking-the-bait.jpg

WYOBISONMAN
10-30-2011, 05:36 PM
Let's just see if we can win a championship in FCS first........

Bison_Pride
10-30-2011, 05:36 PM
In about 20 years when one of the alumni becomes the next T. Boone Pickens.

WRSDBison
10-30-2011, 05:41 PM
As much as some people don't want to hear it or talk about it, I think we will move up within the next 10 years. We have the fan support and the budget to allow it. However, I don't want to move up to join the WAC. Just my personal opinion.

IzzyFlexion
10-30-2011, 05:43 PM
If I truly believed that this came from a fan of a WAC team I'd be inclined to agree.

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/patrimonio/patrimonio0804/patrimonio080400046/2890861-albacore-tuna-taking-the-bait.jpg

Good call, Tatanka
I've forgotten what user name he used (the one after hippy stick), but it started much the same way.

NDSUstudent
10-30-2011, 05:59 PM

I searched his username....he is legit and has posted similar thoughts on other boards.....

http://rowdyville.net/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=a463b9141cc594a791fd720d6fe63d b1&topic=20.msg1493#msg1493

http://www.bigskyfans.com/wildcats/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1876#p15863

4mcruenomore
10-30-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm for it, I say move up.

Tatanka
10-30-2011, 06:11 PM
I searched his username....he is legit and has posted similar thoughts on other boards.....

http://rowdyville.net/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=a463b9141cc594a791fd720d6fe63d b1&topic=20.msg1493#msg1493

http://www.bigskyfans.com/wildcats/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1876#p15863

Fair enough.

4mcruenomore
10-30-2011, 06:18 PM
Just let me get my checkbook........

IzzyFlexion
10-30-2011, 06:19 PM
Sorry, t-tank.
I put CA is my response to your PLP (paranoia laced post.) It was CA that was eff'd with by teh Hippy Schtick idiot.

Tatanka
10-30-2011, 06:21 PM
Sorry, t-tank.
I put CA is my response to your PLP (paranoia laced post.) It was CA that was eff'd with by teh Hippy Schtick idiot.

I caught that, and I don't disagree with your assessment. It isn't unheard of for someone to bait this conversation on Bisonville after a big win. In this case it has the appearance of being legit. I'll buy that.

dancingNMSUaggie
10-30-2011, 06:30 PM
Yes, I am legit. NMSU Aggie fan. We have had the worst FBS program for the last 60 years+ and have struggled especially in the WAC. I thought I would get that out of the way before the few jackasses here mention it (every fan base has them, including ours). I am not a big fan of FCS football as a whole. However, a few teams intrigue me and would like to see move up (eg. the Montana's, App. State, Delaware and of course you guys). The support of the football program and attendance is comparable to mid majors in FBS and I think NDSU would continue to do well. Anyway, take it as a compliment and I was just wondering if it is even being considered. Didn't want to start a long drawn out debate where the FCS proponents getting their feelings hurt and start ranting about how bad the WAC is. I'll be cheering you guys on. Watch out for Indiana State. Could be a trap game.

P.S. Congrats on the Minnesota win. I guess we softened them up for you!

EndZoneQB
10-30-2011, 06:40 PM
Yes, I am legit. NMSU Aggie fan. We have had the worst FBS program for the last 60 years+ and have struggled especially in the WAC. I thought I would get that out of the way before the few jackasses here mention it (every fan base has them, including ours). I am not a big fan of FCS football as a whole. However, a few teams intrigue me and would like to see move up (eg. the Montana's, App. State, Delaware and of course you guys). The support of the football program and attendance is comparable to mid majors in FBS and I think NDSU would continue to do well. Anyway, take it as a compliment and I was just wondering if it is even being considered. Didn't want to start a long drawn out debate where the FCS proponents getting their feelings hurt and start ranting about how bad the WAC is. I'll be cheering you guys on. Watch out for Indiana State. Could be a trap game.

P.S. Congrats on the Minnesota win. I guess we softened them up for you!

No kidding, I hope you guys can build on that Minnesota win. What a win for your program. I have some friends in Texas that are NMSU alum so I talk friendly trash with them, but that was a BIG win(and it just got better for both of us with the Iowa win last night lol) for you guys. It only takes one to start a fire.