PDA

View Full Version : Mike Favor Halftime Interview

bri-dog
10-30-2011, 04:53 AM
Okay, for you bastiges who were lucky enough to be at the game and maybe didn't get a chance to DVR it.

Awesome interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3UeEgBpUxQ

herdmember
10-30-2011, 04:55 AM
Glad you posted this, what an excellent man this guy sounds like. The Bison Way....love it.

Twentysix
10-30-2011, 05:01 AM
Solid interview! Sounds like a good guy. He was before my time so I am not overly familar.

Any chance someone can post the full UNI game on youtube? Really curious to see what the TV atmosphere was like.

The Lost Dutchman
10-30-2011, 05:03 AM
Mike Favor, one of the few the proud the bison! Great interview, thanks for sharing!

EightyfourBison
10-30-2011, 07:15 AM
Thanks for posting Bri. Great interview, great man.

semobison
10-30-2011, 01:04 PM
Not before my time! Mike, or Spanky as we called him back then, was a class guy then as he is now! I considered him a friend, and he had a lot of them! The interview made me proud to be an alum!

Trampled
10-30-2011, 01:23 PM
That video interview should become a part of the recruiting process for every potential bison athlete! Wow!

THEsocalledfan
10-30-2011, 01:29 PM
Interview brought tears to my eyes. Please tell me the Coach Bohl took advantage of him being in Fargo so he could talk to the team?

You can just sense the goodness oozing out of that man.

A1pigskin
10-30-2011, 03:11 PM
Very powerfull interview. Thank you to Mr. Favor.

Tatanka
10-30-2011, 03:14 PM
This was a very small taste of the speech he delivered on Thursday at the TM luncheon.

A1pigskin
10-30-2011, 03:15 PM
Where does he live now?

bri-dog
10-30-2011, 03:19 PM
Where does he live now?

He's a principal at Robbinsdale Cooper HS in New Hope (Mpls suburb).

A1pigskin
10-30-2011, 03:20 PM
He's a principal at Robbinsdale Cooper HS in New Hope (Mpls suburb).

Thanks for the reply.

KSBisonFan
10-30-2011, 03:35 PM
"The Bison Way" was on display during the game Saturday. Power football by controlling the lines of scrimmage and imposing your will on the other team. The final 2 series where we lined up with the power formation with 3 backs and handed it to Ojuri several times in a row reminded me of the old days when everyone in the stadium knew what was coming and they still couldn't stop it. I think the "Bison Way" mentality is finally back! Favor was always one of my favorites on those great DII championship teams. Great representative for this school and program.

bri-dog
10-30-2011, 03:39 PM
I liked when he corrected the interviewer "We won THREE national championships"...

westnodak93bison
10-30-2011, 04:29 PM
Wow. Absolute class act.

THEsocalledfan
10-31-2011, 03:17 PM
"The Bison Way" was on display during the game Saturday. Power football by controlling the lines of scrimmage and imposing your will on the other team. The final 2 series where we lined up with the power formation with 3 backs and handed it to Ojuri several times in a row reminded me of the old days when everyone in the stadium knew what was coming and they still couldn't stop it. I think the "Bison Way" mentality is finally back! Favor was always one of my favorites on those great DII championship teams. Great representative for this school and program.

I too loved that power eye look. It gave UNI fits. Hats off to Vigen on that one.

skolbrother
10-31-2011, 03:26 PM
Interview brought tears to my eyes. Please tell me the Coach Bohl took advantage of him being in Fargo so he could talk to the team?

You can just sense the goodness oozing out of that man.
Someone at the game indicated he spoke to the team prior to the game. Spanky was way cool when I was in school.

CAS4127
10-31-2011, 03:38 PM
Someone at the game indicated he spoke to the team prior to the game. Spanky was way cool when I was in school.

You heard correctly!!

56BISON73
11-01-2011, 03:29 PM

They actually used that formation one time in the 1st quater as well. Totally surprised me. I said Holy shit out loud when they came out in that set and a former player who sits in front of me turned around and just smiles and we both give the thumbs up.

90BISON
11-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Thanks for posting! I always thought Spanky was a class act back then & even moreso after he graduated.....If I was a player now, it would be fricking awesome to hear from guys like Mike......incorporating legends from the past with the new class of potential legends.... :)

standingrockbison
11-25-2011, 10:04 PM
i did a search and found this thread, i was on phone with a cousin in south st paul and he said that mike favor was just interviewed on the prep bowl coverage and he was wearing a bison hat. anyone else see this?

tjbison
11-25-2011, 10:06 PM
i did a search and found this thread, i was on phone with a cousin in south st paul and he said that mike favor was just interviewed on the prep bowl coverage and he was wearing a bison hat. anyone else see this?

cousin in St. Paul eh,, does he ever go to Sensors???

:rofl:

tcbison
11-25-2011, 10:08 PM

I caught just the last couple of minutes of it. He was wearing his Bison hat, they talked about his election into the Hall of Fame and how the veer offense and NDSU was a good fit for him. I am sure there was more but I only caught the end.

standingrockbison
11-25-2011, 10:11 PM
thanks for clarifyication tc bison,

tjbison he's in st paul, and doesnt drink. He're my IP address want to come hang out?

96.3.152.134 IP address location & more:
My IP address [?]: 96.3.152.134 [Copy][Whois] [Reverse IP]
My IP country code: US
My IP address country: United States
My IP address state: North Dakota
My IP address city: Bismarck
My IP postcode: 58504
My IP address latitude: 46.6731
My IP address longitude: -100.6271
My ISP [?]: Midcontinent Communications

back on track here, if anyone finds a youtube shot of it, post it, great recruit tool for ndsu

CaBisonFan
11-26-2011, 05:51 AM
1191...........click on the pic...then right-click on the larger pic to save it as an image on your computer.

This is taken from the 1986 game in GF against the sue.

SamsRams
09-13-2017, 05:59 AM
Monticello's newest superintendent

http://monticellotimes.com/2017/08/23/monticello-extends-interim-superintendent-job-offer-to-dr-michael-favor/

GOBISON123
09-13-2017, 06:59 AM
Good stuff.

IzzyFlexion
09-13-2017, 01:36 PM
3 posts earlier in this thread......................PRIOR to the 5 consecutive championships.
Surreal to read.......for me, anyway.

RonMexico
09-13-2017, 05:27 PM
One of my favorite Mike Favor moments. It was at a game at old Dacotah Field, and I was sitting about 4 rows up behind the Bison bench. Late in the game and the Bison had a 2nd and 1, they go veer left and get stuffed. 3rd and 1 they go veer right and get stuffed. Now fourth and one and Mike turns to the sidelines and yells, "Rocky! Rocky! Up the Fucking middle!!" The Bison go for it on 4th and 1 with a straight dive up the middle and Mike drove his guy about 7 yrds off the line opening a huge hole.

THEsocalledfan
09-13-2017, 05:46 PM
I still remember that interview. You see guys from time to time who even though you've never met them, you instantly know they are a terrific leader. He was is one them for me.

56BISON73
09-13-2017, 08:24 PM
One of my favorite Mike Favor moments. It was at a game at old Dacotah Field, and I was sitting about 4 rows up behind the Bison bench. Late in the game and the Bison had a 2nd and 1, they go veer left and get stuffed. 3rd and 1 they go veer right and get stuffed. Now fourth and one and Mike turns to the sidelines and yells, "Rocky! Rocky! Up the Fucking middle!!" The Bison go for it on 4th and 1 with a straight dive up the middle and Mike drove his guy about 7 yrds off the line opening a huge hole.

:judges: Freaking great story.

Tony Almeida
09-14-2017, 01:52 AM
One of my favorite Mike Favor moments. It was at a game at old Dacotah Field, and I was sitting about 4 rows up behind the Bison bench. Late in the game and the Bison had a 2nd and 1, they go veer left and get stuffed. 3rd and 1 they go veer right and get stuffed. Now fourth and one and Mike turns to the sidelines and yells, "Rocky! Rocky! Up the Fucking middle!!" The Bison go for it on 4th and 1 with a straight dive up the middle and Mike drove his guy about 7 yrds off the line opening a huge hole.This would be amazing to bring up in conversation with Dr. Favor himself if you ever get that chance. Thanks for sharing.

A1pigskin
09-16-2017, 12:19 AM

That would have been fun to see.