PDA

View Full Version : To the Younger Bison Fans

CaBisonFan
10-30-2011, 03:18 AM
For the younger fans here who have grown up hearing about how great the old teams were...it's my opinion that you saw your first Bison game that looked and felt like an in-yir-face bashing...especially at the dome. For me, this felt like one of those great teams. Great line play. And all around the field, guys flying to the ball with tremendous emotion. As CAS would put it...they had ATTITUDE. He would know.

Maybe we build from here. The beauty is that there's room for a lot of improvement, and this team appears to be capable of it.

No offense to the 06 and 07 teams. They were great. But this is different now. We stuck it to a team that's used to sticking it to everyone else. The purple scrum. (to any UNI fans...your team has earned the title with consistency in the scrum dept.)

Younger fans...this is the beginning of real Bison football. This is what championship football looks and feels like. This is your team.

To those in attendance...you were amazing. The crowd noise was amazing. Gave me the chills in California. Thanks

BFKasper14
10-30-2011, 03:43 AM
I have been watching Bison football for about 12 years now (lived out in SoCal for the first 8 years of my life). I haven't missed a home game in God knows how long, and I can pretty easily say that this was probably one of the most fun games I have attended in the Fargodome. The atmosphere was absolutely electric! I just hope that it can stay like this for a very, VERY long time.

KTF
10-30-2011, 03:49 AM
Younger bison fan here(started following in 2000). Got home about 9:30pm from the game. 2.5 hours drive home. I have sore hands, headache, and hoarse voice. This is by far the best game I have been to in the past 11 years of following the bison. I didn't know what to expect going in and was very pleased with the outcome as most bison fans are.

After the game, my friend and I were chatting about how this is a young but talented team and what are the next two years going to be like? what is the remainder of this year going to be like? It is fun to think about but one game at a time. It was fun to see the smash you in the face style of football that Bison football is all about.

My friend and I went up to the second level at the fargodome before the game today to sneek a peak at the football offices. Much to my surprise in the office window was the border marker for all visitors to see. I was shocked as I figured it was locked away in the deep confines of the dome. I took a nice picture and returned to the main concourse.

I occassionally have a small thought of when is this going to end or when is the next player going to be busted. Hopefully not for a long time as today was a great great game day!!!

gizmo
10-30-2011, 11:15 AM
Ah, what a great game! Welcome back, real Bison football!!! That is exactly how most of the "experienced" fans in my area thought about the game as well. I believe this confidence in winning by playing conservative offensively (smash-mouth football) coupled with an aggressive/opportunistic defense started in the playoffs last year and has rolled over into the season NDSU is now enjoying.

I do see some issues defensively in that NDSU doesn't really dominate in most games.....we bend but don't break as we give up a lot of yards. At some point, some opposing team will not cough up the ball on the goal line or have a series of penalties that takes them out of scoring position and then the Bison will be in trouble. We have to start making these teams punt more often if we are serious about being national champions.

BlueKeyAlum
10-30-2011, 12:07 PM
I still miss blizzard games at Dakotah Field. Sharing whisky and schnapps with the band. Doing penguin slides down the exit aisles.

ahh.........

BisonTeacher
10-30-2011, 12:56 PM
I still miss blizzard games at Dakotah Field. Sharing whisky and schnapps with the band. Doing penguin slides down the exit aisles.

ahh.........

The bottles would just get passed down the aisle. Thats a good memory.

BlueKeyAlum
10-30-2011, 01:09 PM
The bottles would just get passed down the aisle. Thats a good memory.

Or thrown at the pressbox.....

CaBisonFan
10-30-2011, 01:27 PM

ahh.........

I'll never stop missing Dacotah Field. The sound of the horns. Bottles crashing. Fresh air. The smells of autumn.

THEsocalledfan
10-30-2011, 01:34 PM
I'll never stop missing Dacotah Field. The sound of the horns. Bottles crashing. Fresh air. The smells of autumn.

I agree, however, let's not get carried away. If they were still there and no renovations had happened, it would be made fun of as bad as Coughlin Alumni stadium.

It is part of the glorious Bison past and I doubt anyone wants to go back to D2 as great as it was.