PDA

View Full Version : Indiana State @ Terre Haute, IN - November 5th, 1:00 pm

yellowstreak
10-30-2011, 01:51 AM
The Sycamores (5-3, 3-2 MVFC) battled back but could not complete the comeback as they fell 17-14 on the road to the Redbirds of Illinois State (5-3, 3-2 MVFC) Saturday.

Indiana State returns to action on Saturday, November 5, following an open week, as they will host nationally-ranked North Dakota State at Memorial Stadium. Kickoff is slated for 2:05 p.m. (ET) and will be televised on ESPN3.com.

The Indiana State football team enters its open week nationally-ranked for a school-record fifth consecutive week as they are listed in Top 20 of both the FCS Coaches and The Sports Network/Fathead.com Polls.

Players to look for:
QB Ronnie Fouch is 24th in the FSC in passing effieciency
RB Shakir Bell has 1310 yards with an average of 8.3 yards per attempt
WR Donald Spencer is 13th in FCS in down field physicalness
TE Alex Jones is 13th in the FCS in physical monsterness
P Hileman is tied for 23th in the FCS for average punting yards and is 4th for net punting
DE Ben Obaseki is tied for 23th in the FCS for sacks
LB Aaron Archie is 12th in the FCS in total tackles
LB Jacolby Washington is 18th in the FCS in total tackles
S Alex Sewall is tied for 8th in the FCS for fumbles recovered and is 13th in the FCS in total tackles

Team Stats:
ranked 12th in FCS in 3rd Down Conversion Defense
ranked 9th in FCS in Punt Return Yardage Defense

Indiana State's Forum:
http://www.Sycamorepride.com

HandoEX
10-30-2011, 01:55 AM
Another huge game, we can not have a letdown after UNI! Fouch is a stud, gotta contain him!

tony
10-30-2011, 02:05 AM
Another huge game, we can not have a letdown after UNI! Fouch is a stud, gotta contain him!

Not to mention that Shakir Bell is probably the best RB in the FCS and ISU-Blue hasn't lost at home this year (they've lost only once at home in the last two years.)

yellowstreak
10-30-2011, 02:09 AM
I'm driving to the game. Is anybody buying tickets ahead of time or at the gate?

Hola
10-30-2011, 02:10 AM
Should be a very exciting game. A lot of factors come into play after a big win like today. So this will really be a good measuring stick.

JSUBison
10-30-2011, 02:21 AM
I'm driving to the game. Is anybody buying tickets ahead of time or at the gate?

Same here, I'm driving up too, and was wondering the same thing. I'm thinking I better order from their ticket office on Monday just to be safe.

yellowstreak
10-30-2011, 02:25 AM
I predict Bison win by 7

tony
10-30-2011, 02:35 AM
They actually have the halfback pass in their playbook... could see some DBs losing track of their WRs when Shakir gets the ball.

Strommer10
10-30-2011, 02:43 AM
This is a very scary game for the Bison. I could see us struggle after the huge emotional high this week. Plus they have two weeks to prepare for us

yellowstreak
10-30-2011, 03:06 AM
rennie out they lose...sounds like the same that happened to bell when we played them....be a good game next week...we are tough at home...the bison are monsters to deal with....I'm glad they beat uni....if we beat them it could make up for the loss against ill st....that loss still stings....6-2 sounds so much better than 5-3....man only 3 pts away...oh well...moving forward to the bison..

Next week is a huge game now. We get to try to snap their undefeated streak and with Illinois State winning today, we need to win! They're now in third and have the better shot at the playoffs.

i feel better going into this game than i did the uni game, and maybe even the illstate game. maybe i'm just optimistic but i really think we will come out ready to play and the bison will still be hungover from a huge win. i like our chances at home, this game is another step for our program.

Indiana State needs this game.

BISON Thunder
10-30-2011, 03:09 AM
Fargodome should allow tailgating, and the game should be streamed onto the video boards in the Dome...plus sell some beer?

Strommer10
10-30-2011, 03:11 AM
Fargodome should allow tailgating, and the game should be streamed onto the video boards in the Dome...plus sell some beer?
:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

yellowstreak
10-30-2011, 03:13 AM

rent out the Fargo Theatre and show it on the silver screen.

IndyBison
10-30-2011, 04:19 AM
I really doubt you'll need to buy tickets in advance. Games I've attended there have been general admission only with no assigned seats and maybe 3-4k fans in a stadium that holds 13k. They may be drawing larger crowds but I doubt it will be full. The homecoming game against Western Illinois has a posted attendance of 8k and their previous game against Youngstown State had a crowd of 6k.

A SEASON ticket is only $45. I think a single ticket is only $5-$10.

perthbison
10-30-2011, 04:29 AM
[QUOTE=tony; thats an impressive stat. scary when u think about it

X-Factor
10-30-2011, 04:36 AM
I see a lot of points being scored in this game. Going to be a good one

chuckles
10-30-2011, 08:58 AM
I WILL BE THERE! Not too worried about advance tickets for this one. Will be out tailgating bright and early before the game. Swing on by I'll have the bags boards out and

HandoEX
10-30-2011, 12:50 PM
I WILL BE THERE! Not too worried about advance tickets for this one. Will be out tailgating bright and early before the game. Swing on by I'll have the bags boards out and
And a crowd of hot, young scantily clad babes?

BisoninNWMN
10-30-2011, 01:04 PM
If the Bison play like they did yesterday they win going away.

Indiana State's defense is no where close to UNI's.

Bison by 2 TDs.

KSBisonFan
10-30-2011, 04:20 PM
Let's hope we don't have a let down and sleep walk through the first half like we did at SIU. Can't have a let down!

yellowstreak
10-30-2011, 04:22 PM

which area will you be at?

yellowstreak
10-30-2011, 05:01 PM
The trees have a goal of hitting 10k, so I guess tickets shouldn't be hard to come by.

chuckles
10-30-2011, 05:08 PM
And a crowd of hot, young scantily clad babes?

Lol! Guess I couldn't finish my thought at 4am. I'm pretty sure I was trying to think what would be on the menu

which area will you be at?

I plan to be in the grassy area just west of the stadium. That's where we were 2 years ago and it was a good time. See ya there!

EndZoneQB
10-30-2011, 05:17 PM
I may or may not be there. I'll see how this week plays out.

Dgreenwell3
10-30-2011, 06:05 PM
This should be an interesting game...Trees are a much different animal than UNI. Run a pro-style offense and we rarely run right up the middle. Expect the seams of the defense to be worked heavy.
Players you guys missed that have been intrical when the Trees play great:
Alex Jones Tight-end- Just a physical monster.
Ben Obasecki- Probably the best defensive end in the valley
Donald Spencer Wide Receiver- The fouch-Spencer hook up hasn't solidified yet but the Michigan State transfer has been important to the Trees running game, really physical down field.

IzzyFlexion
10-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Pretty sure I'm going.
2 nudey bars there but both are dives. But I like to look at the positives. Ugly dancers work harder for less cash.
Pumped to meet Chuckles (the Springfield flash), and yellowstreak. Whom I'm going to have stern words with regarding him not acknowledging me at SIU. (only kidding) I couldn't throw ......I mean.... fight my way out of a wet paper bag.
Definately think EZQ should go. If he really is or was a QB, I hereby challenge him to a longest football throw contest. I would ef that fool up.

Bisonguy
10-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Pretty sure I'm going.
2 nudey bars there but both are dives. But I like to look at the positives. Ugly dancers work harder for less cash.
Pumped to meet Chuckles (the Springfield flash), and yellowstreak. Whom I'm going to have stern words with regarding him not acknowledging me at SIU. (only kidding) I couldn't throw ......I mean.... fight my way out of a wet paper bag.
Definately think EZQ should go. If he really is or was a QB, I hereby challenge him to a longest football throw contest. I would ef that fool up.

After everyone you met yesterday, I'd figure you'd be there no matter what!

tjbison
10-30-2011, 06:46 PM
This will NOT be an easy game, Im thinking about making the trip

IzzyFlexion
10-30-2011, 06:49 PM
After everyone you met yesterday, I'd figure you'd be there no matter what!

Huh??..............

tjbison
10-30-2011, 06:51 PM
BTW, what is the nearest airport to Terre Haute??

IzzyFlexion
10-30-2011, 06:53 PM

Indianapolis International (67 miles)

Dgreenwell3
10-30-2011, 06:55 PM

There is one in Terre haute but your best bet is probably Indy, about an hour away.

KTF
10-30-2011, 06:56 PM
This should be an interesting game...Trees are a much different animal than UNI. Run a pro-style offense and we rarely run right up the middle. Expect the seams of the defense to be worked heavy.
Players you guys missed that have been intrical when the Trees play great:
Alex Jones Tight-end- Just a physical monster.
Ben Obasecki- Probably the best defensive end in the valley
Donald Spencer Wide Receiver- The fouch-Spencer hook up hasn't solidified yet but the Michigan State transfer has been important to the Trees running game, really physical down field.

Thanks for the players to watch. I have to ask about the defensive end that is the best in the valley. Isn't Boothsby from UNI was the best d-lineman in the MVC... Every UNI troller on this board thought he would be in the backfield on every play. He had a quiet day with 4 tackles yesterday... I venture to guess that Obasecki will have the same numbers or so....

Dgreenwell3
10-30-2011, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the players to watch. I have to ask about the defensive end that is the best in the valley. Isn't Boothsby from UNI was the best d-lineman in the MVC... He had a quite day with 4 tackles yesterday... I venture to guess that Obasecki will have the same numbers or so....
The two players are aren't comparable because their styles are so different. Ben is more of a true Pass rusher, just ask the Penn State offensive line if they like his bull Rush.
I don't think Boothby is bad or anything I just think Ben is better at this point in time.
Time will tell.

Bisonguy
10-30-2011, 07:02 PM
Huh??..............

Pretty sure it was you that I met. If not it was a very close facsimile.

runtheoption
10-30-2011, 07:12 PM
Pretty sure it was you that I met. If not it was a very close facsimile.

I thought I met him yesterday, too. I can picture it clearly in my mind.

TransAmBison
10-30-2011, 07:19 PM
I know we got pics of Izzy at tailgating. I'll wait for Rock to get this one started.

roadwarrior
10-30-2011, 07:26 PM
Indiana State's stadium is surrounded by a park like area on the south and west sides. Tailgating there is right on the grass in that area. We were just west of the stadium 2 years ago, so let's plan on being there again this year. Their stadium only has seating on one side of the field. Hopefully we will get a little bigger group than we had last time.

Fast50Dad
10-30-2011, 07:37 PM
Not making the trip this year. Tailgating is wide open, no rules, areas, or problems. We showed up, put the flags up and had ISU fans bringing food over. Great folks, even got free tickets for my family from the folks tailgating next to us. But that team two years ago was not like this years. If you are towing a trailer, watch those toll roads through Chicago, I'd stay on the interstate and eat the 15 minute extra drive. I didn't remember that you pay by axles...got pretty spendy.

Go Bison!

stevdock
10-30-2011, 07:44 PM
The Sycamores (5-3, 3-2 MVFC) battled back but could not complete the comeback as they fell 17-14 on the road to the Redbirds of Illinois State (5-3, 3-2 MVFC) Saturday.

Indiana State returns to action on Saturday, November 5, following an open week, as they will host nationally-ranked North Dakota State at Memorial Stadium. Kickoff is slated for 2:05 p.m. (ET) and will be televised on ESPN3.com.

The Indiana State football team enters its open week nationally-ranked for a school-record fifth consecutive week as they are listed in Top 20 of both the FCS Coaches and The Sports Network/Fathead.com Polls.

Players to look for:
P Hileman is tied for 23th in the FCS for average punting yards and is 4th for net punting
DE Ben Obasecki is 2nd in MVFC in bestness of DE's
DB Alex Sewall is tied for 8th in the FCS for fumbles recovered and is 13th in the FCS in total tackles
DB Ben Obaseki is tied for 23th in the FCS for sacks

Team Stats:

Indiana State's Forum:
http://www.sycamorehoops.com

That's especially impressive from a DB ;) I have a feeling our O-Line will be ready for him the same way that our line was ready this week.

We are going to find out exactly what kind of team we have this week. It's a heck of alot easier to play at a high level at home in front of 19,000 people. Let's see our boys do it the exact same way this weekend against a team that could really take it to us. Our front 7 is going to have to play extremely well against Bell for us to win this game. The boys have worked so hard to have everything they want to come through us. Have to keep the foot on the gas and not let up.

Dgreenwell3
10-30-2011, 08:00 PM

Players to look for:
DE Ben Obasecki is 2nd in MVFC in bestness of DE's
DB Alex Sewall is tied for 8th in the FCS for fumbles recovered and is 13th in the FCS in total tackles
DB Ben Obaseki is tied for 23th in the FCS for sacks

Team Stats:

Indiana State's Forum:
http://www.sycamorehoops.com
2 corrections:
Our website is officially called Sycamorepride.com
and secondly you do realize what i was getting at right?

Tatanka
10-30-2011, 10:52 PM
2 corrections:

That being twenty-thirth in sacks is pretty badass?

yellowstreak
10-31-2011, 12:35 AM
2 corrections:

I've updated the web address in the 1st post. I was trying to be funny on the other stuff. The key word is "trying".

Bison 4 Life
10-31-2011, 02:50 AM
I've been going back and forth on driving out there. My wife doesn't want to go so I was afraid I'd be sitting there by myself. Good to hear there I will have plenty of company!

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-31-2011, 03:00 AM

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

roadwarrior
10-31-2011, 03:18 AM
I've been going back and forth on driving out there. My wife doesn't want to go so I was afraid I'd be sitting there by myself. Good to hear there I will have plenty of company!

There is never a Bison road game where you won't run into a decent size group of Bison fans.

ndsubison1
10-31-2011, 08:18 AM
This could be a close game. Shakir Bell is one of the best backs in FCS and could give us fits. Im feeling better after gaving up 54 yards to UNI. ISU will be passing a lot this game too. Fouch put up some good stats vs us last year. As of right now I have the Bison 27-17

NDSU92
10-31-2011, 04:03 PM
Thinkin about goin to the game...is the best route gettin GA? or is getting reserved through ticketmaster the better option?

roadwarrior
10-31-2011, 04:12 PM
Thinkin about goin to the game...is the best route gettin GA? or is getting reserved through ticketmaster the better option?

I sat in section J two years ago (where most Bison fans sat). Got my ticket when I got there.

IndyBison
10-31-2011, 05:14 PM
If anybody is coming in Friday night you have an opportunity to scream at me on the field. I'm working a playoff game between two of the top teams in the state and the school is very close to the airport. Visiting Ben Davis (home of UM QB Marqueis Gray) is ranked #3 in the state at 9-2 (only 2 losses to conference rivals currently ranked #1 and #2 and playing each other Friday night). Host Avon is 10-1 after losing their first game of the season to #6 team. Avon has a OL signed to Louisville and he's a beast. The Bison could do well to recruit a few players from this game.

BlueBisonRock
10-31-2011, 05:50 PM
If anybody is coming in Friday night you have an opportunity to scream at me on the field. I'm working a playoff game between two of the top teams in the state and the school is very close to the airport. Visiting Ben Davis (home of UM QB Marqueis Gray) is ranked #3 in the state at 9-2 (only 2 losses to conference rivals currently ranked #1 and #2 and playing each other Friday night). Host Avon is 10-1 after losing their first game of the season to #6 team. Avon has a OL signed to Louisville and he's a beast. The Bison could do well to recruit a few players from this game.

Picture this scenario. Five to ten BVers show up and decide to have some fun with Indy. They get vocal and 'ride the ref' without mercy. A nerve is touched with another in the crew and the yellow flag comes out. The fanbase from one of the two teams is about to be handed a major penalty.

How do you handle that one Indy?

:rofl: :hide:

IndyBison
10-31-2011, 06:23 PM
Picture this scenario. Five to ten BVers show up and decide to have some fun with Indy. They get vocal and 'ride the ref' without mercy. A nerve is touched with another in the crew and the yellow flag comes out. The fanbase from one of the two teams is about to be handed a major penalty.

How do you handle that one Indy?

:rofl: :hide:
Easy...we don't flag unruly fans. We just ask game administration to remove them. Now if you could talk your way on to the sideline as a member of the coaching staff and make the same comments, you could get removed and the head coach may be ejected. I'm pretty certain neither staff would allow that though.

SycamoreFanatic
10-31-2011, 07:22 PM
Terre Haute has its own airport (HUF) if you are piloting your own plane or charter. If flying commercial, go to Indianapolis (60 miles east).

Bison05
11-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Nothing about this game is going to be easy. Here is a link to a story from the Indy Star that appeared yesterday....

http://www.indystar.com/article/20111026/SPORTS0606/110260357/Indiana-State-starts-winning-earns-national-ranking?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Sports|s

They call it the biggest game in Indiana State football history. I guess when you win two games in five seasons it is...

Bison05
11-01-2011, 06:35 PM
We will be coming from Indy as well. Home game for us! Want to be there early. When does tailgating open? Just like Southern Illinois, someone please put up a flag so I know where to go :)

Dgreenwell3
11-01-2011, 09:11 PM
http://www.fox59.com/sports/wxin-larrys-legends-sycamoreball-helps-fuel-indiana-state-football-turnaround-20111031,0,7208715.story
Playin' SycamoreBall

SDbison
11-01-2011, 09:26 PM
http://www.fox59.com/sports/wxin-larrys-legends-sycamoreball-helps-fuel-indiana-state-football-turnaround-20111031,0,7208715.story
Playin' SycamoreBall OK we get it.........Indiana State is experienced at Losing.

Dgreenwell3
11-01-2011, 09:30 PM
OK we get it.........Indiana State is experienced at Losing.
Just posting the story but hey, that's the way you are gonna take it.

yellowstreak
11-01-2011, 11:35 PM
what time are you guys getting to the parking lot and is that in central time?

yellowstreak
11-02-2011, 01:03 AM
the Bye-zun play in the S(C)ummit league, one of the WORST leagues in all of the NCAA. If we were in that league we'd have dominated sports in that silly little league even in our "down" years.

Please knock the most arrogant fanbase back down!

I totally agree Agrinut, the Bye-zun fans are absolutely the most ARROGANT, self righteous fans in all of D-IAA football (and most other sports for that matter).

If you ask them they would cancel the entire season of I-AA football and crown themselves champions. It's pathetic.

Nothing would be better than an ISU win this Sat., but I know it's gonna be a tall task. Hopefully ISU is up to the task coming off a much needed bye week.

Timber!!!!

X-Factor
11-02-2011, 01:29 AM

There is never a Bison road game where you won't run into a decent size group of Bison fans.

You can always count on Road. I've seen him at dozens over the past few years. Never was able to get him to try a goldschlagger shot though! Man prefers his beer ;)

IndyBison
11-02-2011, 02:49 AM
Terre Haute is on the western edge of the Eastern time zone. Game time is 2pm ET. Indiana joined the rest of the world and joined daylight savings time a couple years ago. Saturday night is the night to set the clock back so you get an extra hour to recover!

chuckles
11-02-2011, 02:58 AM

In eastern time, since that's what Terre Haute is in, how about ehhh 10ish sound about right for those making the trip? I'll try and rig a flag up too!

JustinTyem
11-02-2011, 04:49 AM
OK we get it.........Indiana State is experienced at Losing.I that US Bison Fans are suppose to classy,Lets kick some of the Unclass fans out,like Lakes. There is a reason why he is gone right now,dont be like him!!!

56BISON73
11-02-2011, 04:51 AM
OK we get it.........Indiana State is experienced at Losing.

Not the last two years. I think we will have our hands full this weekend.

ndsubison1
11-02-2011, 05:16 AM
i was more worried for uni. isu can make it close. they have a good offense with a stellar, shifty RB and a good QB. but their defense is pretty average. i think we win by 10 and possibly more

SDbison
11-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Not the last two years. I think we will have our hands full this weekend. Take a chill bisonville. I was making fun that this was the second article from Indiana State media primarily talking about all the losing in the past and the recent improvement with little or nothing about the the team (NDSU) they will be playing on Saturday. I think it is lame. Usually the local media media would make a big deal if the #1 team in the country was coming to town.

56BISON73
11-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Take a chill bisonville. I was making fun that this was the second article from Indiana State media primarily talking about all the losing in the past and the recent improvement with little or nothing about the the team (NDSU) they will be playing on Saturday. I think it is lame. Usually the local media media would make a big deal if the #1 team in the country was coming to town.

Gotcha:)!!!

IndyBison
11-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Take a chill bisonville. I was making fun that this was the second article from Indiana State media primarily talking about all the losing in the past and the recent improvement with little or nothing about the the team (NDSU) they will be playing on Saturday. I think it is lame. Usually the local media media would make a big deal if the #1 team in the country was coming to town.
The article referenced above was actually from last week which is why there wasn't mention of the game this weekend. I doubt the Indy paper will have much on the game but the TH paper might.

tjbison
11-02-2011, 04:51 PM
I am really nervous about this game...........confident but nervous. Crowd shouldn't be a factor but still a good showing I would bet.

A win and no injuries would make a perfect saturday

bisonmike2
11-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Another story from the ISU perspective. Solid team. We better be prepared for a battle.
http://tribstar.com/sports/x471030111/ISU-embraces-routine-in-an-unusual-week

IndyBison
11-03-2011, 03:18 AM
Found out today our game will be on Fox Sports Indiana. If your cable package gives you the different regional Fox networks you may be able to see it from the comfort of your home. The broadcast quality will probably be better than the UNI game.

aces1180
11-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Found out today our game will be on Fox Sports Indiana. If your cable package gives you the different regional Fox networks you may be able to see it from the comfort of your home. The broadcast quality will probably be better than the UNI game.

That's awesome! So pretty much any bar in the country with the sports pack will have this game! And to think, I borrowed a X-box 360 so I could watch ESPN3 easily. Now I can just watch on DTV.

bisonsupporter
11-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Looks like great weather for the game. sunny and 61. For those going make sure to enjoy a few adult beverages for those of us who cant make it.

Siouxfallsbison
11-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Looks like great weather for the game. sunny and 61. For those going make sure to enjoy a few adult beverages for those of us who cant make it.
We fly out of SF at 5pm tomorrow. Will be tailgating by 10!!

IndyBison
11-03-2011, 06:02 PM
That's awesome! So pretty much any bar in the country with the sports pack will have this game! And to think, I borrowed a X-box 360 so I could watch ESPN3 easily. Now I can just watch on DTV.
I apologize again for the confusion. I had quoted my original post about my HS game Friday night when I mentioned FS-Indiana. If anyone is coming in early and looking for a good HS football game, this is definitely worth the $6. #1 vs #2 is playing on the north side of Indy at Carmel. Warren Central (#1) has 14 D1 signees including 8 starters on defense.

CAS4127
11-03-2011, 06:20 PM
I apologize again for the confusion. I had quoted my original post about my HS game Friday night when I mentioned FS-Indiana. If anyone is coming in early and looking for a good HS football game, this is definitely worth the $6. #1 vs #2 is playing on the north side of Indy at Carmel. Warren Central (#1) has 14 D1 signees including 8 starters on defense.

I heard it was gonna be raining--with yellow flags that is!!

HerdBot
11-03-2011, 06:20 PM
Another story from the ISU perspective. Solid team. We better be prepared for a battle.

They haven't drawn over 10K fans since 1993... until they play us! It looks like da Bizon are a good draw. Everyone wants to beat the #1 team in the nation. We must be prepared. I'm willing to bet that they actually have a good home field advantage for once.

IndyBison
11-03-2011, 07:22 PM
I heard it was gonna be raining--with yellow flags that is!!
I certainly hope not! Contrary to popular belief, the fewer flags we have the better we consider the game. These teams will be jacked up so it wouldn't surprise me to see some false starts/encroachments and personal fouls early in the game.

If you are a military person attending the game I found this information today:
MILITARY DAY AND SPECIAL TICKET PROMOTIONS ON TAP FOR SATURDAY’S BATTLE WITH NO. 1 NORTH DAKOTA STATE

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. – Plenty of free and reduced ticket options abound for fans wanting to witness No. 16 Indiana State’s battle with No. 1 North Dakota State on Saturday, November 5 inside Memorial Stadium. Kickoff is slated for 2:05 p.m. (ET).

Indiana State’s game against North Dakota State is Military Day presented by Ford. All active and retired military personnel with a valid ID can receive up to four free tickets to the game, compliments of Indiana State Athletics and Ford. Those wishing to take advantage of this special offer may pick up tickets leading up to the game this week by visiting the Hulman Center Ticket Office during normal business hours. The free tickets will also be made available on gameday at any of the Memorial Stadium ticket purchase points.

All Sycamore fans are invited to come out this weekend for a pair of basketball exhibition contests as well. On Friday, November 4 the Indiana State women’s team will battle Bellermine at 7:05 p.m. (ET) while the men’s team will take on Truman State on Saturday, November 5 at Noon (ET). Fans who attend either of the basketball games may present their ticket stub at Memorial Stadium to receive half-price admission to the football contest for just $4.

yellowstreak
11-04-2011, 11:10 PM
High of 60 degrees and sunny

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USIN0660?dayNum=1

can you have glass bottles there?

CAS4127
11-04-2011, 11:24 PM
High of 60 degrees and sunny

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USIN0660?dayNum=1

can you have glass bottles there?

Glass bottles?! Do they make "bottles" out of sumthin else??!!:biggrin:

fargocyclone
11-05-2011, 04:34 AM
Glass bottles?! Do they make "bottles" out of sumthin else??!!:biggrin:

Ummm, plastic bottles maybe? :duel:

BisonFan02
11-05-2011, 04:36 AM

Bud aluminum bottles? :hide:

NWNDBison
11-05-2011, 08:06 AM

And yet another from the Trib-Star. These boys want us bad. There can't be any kind of a let-down because ISU wants to prove they can play with the best. Assuming a close Bison victory, ISU's biggest regret may be letting the Illinois State game slip away from them. Reading the post-game recap, it looks like they had plenty of opportunities.

http://tribstar.com/sports/x2039720199/ISU-football-team-taking-team-approach-against-No-1-North-Dakota-State

Unbeaten NDSU is the best opportunity left on the schedule to prove the Sycamores have advanced to elite status at the FCS level … and they don’t want to squander that chance.

“We feel like we have something to prove. We feel like we could have won both of the games we lost in conference. We’re playing with a chip on our shoulder. Every game is a playoff game for us and that’s the mentality we’ve had in practice,” Bell said.

Twentysix
11-05-2011, 09:05 AM

Blasphemy! Whats a plastic bottle?

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.slashfood.com/media/2011/03/soda-aisle-grocery-store-590.jpg

http://images.vertmarkets.com/crlive/files/Images/6C5BFF31-1C6C-11D4-8C38-009027DE0829/0429cfmiller1.gif

CAS4127
11-05-2011, 10:33 AM
"Plastic bottle"is an oxymoron--kinda like "Indiana wins--just sayin, nuff said, tru dat ........ah, carry on.

BISONBRI53
11-05-2011, 02:33 PM
ummm, plastic bottles maybe? :duel:

burn!!!!!!!

IndyBison
11-07-2011, 02:03 AM
If you would have come to this game, you would have seen an offensive explosion. Ben Davis lead 37-20 at halftime and won 64-41. With live TV (TV timeouts), 105 points, 6 turnovers and 23 penalties (lots of PFs and UNS) it was a 3+ hour game.

CAS4127
11-07-2011, 02:09 AM
Just like I predicted Indy--raining yellow!

IndyBison
11-07-2011, 02:51 AM
Just like I predicted Indy--raining yellow!
Unfortunately you were right. We probably went 4 games this year without 23 flags total. Way too many for our liking but we call em as we see em. We found out the visiting team has been prone high penalty counts all year.

yellowstreak
11-08-2011, 12:45 AM

nice meeting you chuckles