PDA

View Full Version : NUMBER ONE, SUMMBiTCHES!! (Post-game discussion)

TheBisonator
10-29-2011, 11:09 PM
My game ball personally would be split b/w Pike and Ojuri.

Vigen is quickly learning how to be a successful DI offensive co-ordinator.

A lot of PF penalties, just as I expected.

Rockbear99
10-29-2011, 11:17 PM
Number one in the nation baby.

2011 Champions
10-29-2011, 11:27 PM
Number one in the nation baby.

Number 1 in the nation doesnt matter in the FCS gotta play in the PLAYOFFS

tony
10-29-2011, 11:28 PM
Heh, for a program like NDSU's, getting excited about being ranked number 1 is like getting excited about kissing your own wife - sure it's great but, you know what? If you play your cards right... :)

I think NDSU was ranked #1 75% of the decade starting in 1983.

THEsocalledfan
10-29-2011, 11:30 PM

For the record, get out of the basement and tuck your mommy in for bed tonight.

TheBisonator
10-29-2011, 11:30 PM
Heh, for a program like NDSU's, getting excited about being ranked number 1 is like getting excited about kissing your own wife - sure it's great but, you know what? If you play your cards right... :)

I think NDSU was ranked #1 75% of the decade starting in 1983.

But it was DII, so UNI fans no care...

2011 Champions
10-29-2011, 11:31 PM
For the record, get out of the basement and tuck your mommy in for bed tonight.

In 2007 UNI was number 1 and lost in the quarter finals you guys obviously havent done it before theres still 3 confrence games left and the playoffs

heffray
10-29-2011, 11:32 PM

... says the team that just lost to the NUMBER 1 rated team in FCS and also has never done anything in the PLAYOFFS.

All I'm going to say is that it was CLEAR who the better team was out there. If you couldn't see that you're either blind or idiotic. I'm going to pre-emptively call you an idiot based on your forthcoming comments. BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE YOU LOST!!!

tony
10-29-2011, 11:33 PM
But it was DII, so UNI fans no care...

Well, yeah, I was talking about Bison fans. The analogy wouldn't work for a UNI fan like "2001 Champions" because UNI is not ranked #1 and he couldn't be married to an ungulate so there is nothing for him to get excited about.

THEsocalledfan
In 2007 UNI was number 1 and lost in the quarter finals you guys obviously havent done it before theres still 3 confrence games left and the playoffs

Mommy! Mommy! My team got owned! Those big, mean bison pushed us around!

TheBisonator

Playoffs... Playoffs... Like what you did last year in the playoffs.... Oh wait, nevermind.

I don't mind you keeping your avatar, but you're gonna have to change your username now.

heffray
10-29-2011, 11:34 PM

Yeah, we were the last team to make it into the playoffs last year and we made it all the way to the Semi-Finals. Man, you are really not very smart...

BadlandsBison
10-29-2011, 11:35 PM
The polls don't mean squat yet. We gotta keep rolling! Not taking away from the win, it was awesome

2011 Champions
10-29-2011, 11:36 PM
Yeah, we were the last team to make it into the playoffs last year and we made it all the way to the Semi-Finals. Man, you are really not very smart...

so was that your first time in the playoffs correct? I have been to a FCS national championship game number 1 doesnt mean shit in the FCS

mango
10-29-2011, 11:36 PM

That's hilarious coming from a UNI Fan*

*I probably shouldn't talk considering the epic collapse from SDSU but still

JMB
10-29-2011, 11:37 PM
A few thoughts...

1) Brock has really, really improved from last year, especially his accuracy.
2) It was probably the best performance I have seen all year by the offensive line. There seems to be a lot of holes for the running game.
3) If I was coach not sure what I would say to Holloway about his fumble into the endzone, sure you need to take care of the ball but he was fighting to get a touchdown as well. If he would have made it in, we would have carried him off the field.
4) It was probably the most complete game I have seen the Bison play all year.

All in all it was a fun game to watch by two evenly matched teams. UNI is a quality program, we may bump into them again in the playoffs.

heffray
10-29-2011, 11:40 PM
so was that your first time in the playoffs correct? I have been to a FCS national championship game number 1 doesnt mean shit in the FCS

yeah, you're right. ratings don't mean anything. what matters is what you do on the field. we just beat you today, so i guess that's pretty clear we are better than you.

2011 Champions
10-29-2011, 11:40 PM
That's hilarious coming from a UNI Fan*

*I probably shouldn't talk considering the epic collapse from SDSU but still

SDSU has no room to talk about us in the playoffs you had montana done and you havent been good since

heffray
10-29-2011, 11:43 PM
SDSU has no room to talk about us in the playoffs you had montana done and you havent been good since

and ironically you have no room to talk at all about anything right now, your team just lost and you are post on the opposing teams forum. i don't want you to leave, no, don't get me wrong. this is very entertaining...

heffray
10-29-2011, 11:44 PM

oh, and by the way, change your name.

2011 Champions
yeah, you're right. ratings don't mean anything. what matters is what you do on the field. we just beat you today, so i guess that's pretty clear we are better than you.

you guys played a good game id love another shot

TheBisonator

You have no room to be crowing about playoffs either after the bedwetting you did in front of 5,990 fans against Lehigh last year.

2011 Champions
10-29-2011, 11:45 PM
oh, and by the way, change your name.

oh and by the way theres still 3 more games left just because you beat us doesnt mean you automaticly get the confrence championship

heffray
10-29-2011, 11:48 PM
oh and by the way theres still 3 more games left just because you beat us doesnt mean you automaticly get the confrence championship

yeah ok. you're right. keep your name. you just look more like an idiot. sorry, just trying to help.

heffray
10-29-2011, 11:50 PM

also, there are these 2 keys on your keyboard. i just used them in the last sentence, it's called a coma and a period. they look like this: "," and "." you use them to separate words and phrases when you're typing, it helps to make your words easier to understand, regardess of the content.

NDSUstudent
10-30-2011, 12:04 AM
People, people...we won but at the same time we've won nothing yet. Huge game next week vs Indiana State. Win these next two and we clinch a MVFC title....win all three and the FCS playoffs go through Fargo. This was a massive step forward though, great effort by the team and coaches.

The rams won this game. They played a whale of game.

Hola
10-30-2011, 12:06 AM
Wasn't able to watch the game live. I kept up to date on the Forum blog and this forum. If you look at the stats at the end of the day, they were almost identical. Four things stuck in my head. The stop to force a field goal on the UNI initial drive. The responding drive to get a TD. Stopping the 2 point conversion and the subsequent drive to get some points at then end of the game (FG). How the Bison responded at the beginning and the end of the game was huge. Good teams do that.

devin45k
10-30-2011, 12:07 AM
I love how balanced our total yards are every game.

EndZoneQB
10-30-2011, 12:50 AM

You don't mean shit. It really hurts that you lost tonight, huh?

EABOD, DIAF. Seriously. Be gone. You aren't wanted here. You were a douche when we were 0-3 against you, now you are just an idiot after we beat you. Go home, stick your "thumb" in momma's belly button and grow up.

You've also been to a home playoff loss to Lehigh. Must make you feel like a big man. Must hurt to know there's another team that can play in the MVFC.

BigBison
10-30-2011, 12:56 AM
#1 ranking doesn't mean jack SHIT to the players, That was said by Joe Lund. MVFC Championship #1 also Nation Championship.

Wally
10-30-2011, 01:12 AM
#1 on Jan 7, 2012>#1 on Oct 31, 2011. I am as happy as the next guy, but I don't care if we are #1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 next week in the poll. Doesn't mean shit. We have bigger fish to fry.

PaBizon
10-30-2011, 01:18 AM
you guys played a good game id love another shot

If you follow this guys posts since the game it's a classic case of SARA.

S uprise "Holy shit, my favorite team lost"
A nger "Our NFL caliber superstar D lineman was held all game and those guys were thugs"
R emourse "You guys played a good game, Id like another shot"
A cceptance

Well 3 out of 4 anyway cause I don't think this clown will ever accpet the fact that they were beat by a better team.

fargocyclone
10-30-2011, 05:47 AM

Wait, wait, so your handle is in reference to the conference championship and not a national one? Way to set the bar high! Although as a UNI fan, I suppose you wouldn't be used to national championships...

NDSUBowler
10-30-2011, 07:17 AM
#1 on Jan 7, 2012>#1 on Oct 31, 2011. I am as happy as the next guy, but I don't care if we are #1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 next week in the poll. Doesn't mean shit. We have bigger fish to fry.
Not entirely true, since #1 ranking means we likely get home field the entire playoffs...

It's only as good as long as we hold it.

NWNDBison
10-30-2011, 07:37 AM
http://www.kcrg.com/sports/local/2-UNI-Collides-With-3-NDSU-in-Fargodome-132836833.html

This link is a pre-game link from KCRG-TV 9 in Cedar Rapids, but I post it now because of all the great MVFC statistics they have gathered together. Scroll to near the bottom of the article for great stats like these:

(Until Saturday, when NDSU scored 10 points in the 2nd half) UNI had only allowed 10 total points in the second half of the previous 5 MVFC games.

4-0 MVFC STARTS ARE IMPORTANT
On Oct. 22, UNI improved its conference record to 5-0 after defeating Southern Illinois, 17-10. North Dakota State is also 4-0 in league play after downing South Dakota State.

Not including UNI and NDSU this year, a league team has started conference play with a 4-0 record 26 previous times in league history.
All but one (Western Kentucky in 2005) finished second or better in the league standings.

Twenty-one of the previous 26 with 4-0 or better starts earned playoff berths, while 18 won the league title.

5-0 & 6-0 MVFC STARTS
Only 10 teams in league history have started a season with at least six-straight conference victories. (18 teams, counting UNI this season, have started 5-0).

All of the previous 17 teams to start 5-0 finished second or better in the league standings. Sixteen of the 17 earned playoff berths; and 15 won the title. Ten of them went undefeated in league play.

Only three times in league history (1987, 2003, 2009) have two teams started 5-0 or better the same season.

They also have a listing of every game played in the UNI-NDSU series dating back to 1938.

They also did a nice post-game wrap-up with unbiased video highlights:

http://www.kcrg.com/sports/local/Jensen-North-Dakota-State-Defeat-Northern-Iowa-27-19-132861673.html

THEsocalledfan
10-30-2011, 01:06 PM
http://www.kcrg.com/sports/local/Jensen-North-Dakota-State-Defeat-Northern-Iowa-27-19-132861673.html

Num skull did not say the name right.

bisonmike2
10-30-2011, 03:08 PM
Worried about next week already. We get up for big games but have had a tendency to come out flat the next week, especially when the game is on the road. If the Bison are a legit contender we'll come out strong on the first snap next week and win convincingly.

99Bison
10-30-2011, 03:10 PM
Worried about next week already. We get up for big games but have had a tendency to come out flat the next week, especially when the game is on the road. If the Bison are a legit contender we'll come out strong on the first snap next week and win convincingly.

++++++++++++++++

A1pigskin
10-30-2011, 03:19 PM
The momentum needs to keep going.

PaBizon
10-30-2011, 04:31 PM

We had a tendencyto lose to UNI too. This team seems different and I think will take the "we have done nothing yet" mentallity on the road to get a victory.

BisonTeacher
10-30-2011, 04:35 PM
People, people...we won but at the same time we've won nothing yet. Huge game next week vs Indiana State. Win these next two and we clinch a MVFC title....win all three and the FCS playoffs go through Fargo. This was a massive step forward though, great effort by the team and coaches.

The rams won this game. They played a whale of game.

Totally agreed. Very excited about this win. Probably the biggest win in recent history. But if for some reason we crap the bed next weekend, it would all have been for nothing. got to keep rolling, and not look past Indiana State. Celebrate today, but get back to work on Monday!!

MNLonghorn10
10-30-2011, 04:40 PM
Rinnies been figured out.hismost dangerous weapon,his legs, were a non factor. Uni fans can keep hangin their hat on that but if he cant do more than a few out passes and open shots down the middle itll be another early exit. I also thought their back upwas bad. Often threw it high. Ndsu was a better team all around. If we meet again in the playoffs..itll be worse. .And hollowaay wont fumble it on the 1 yrd line.

GradBison
10-30-2011, 04:48 PM
#1 ranking doesn't mean jack SHIT to the players, That was said by Joe Lund. MVFC Championship #1 also Nation Championship.

Loved hearing that from Lund! Sounds like this team has great focus which we will need big time coming up, InSU and YSU are no gimmes by any stretch.

Keep it going fellas. Go Bison!

56BISON73
10-30-2011, 06:40 PM

Must I remind you you havent won the title either. So your moniker is unappropriate.

td577
10-30-2011, 08:48 PM
I am glad for the #1 ranking only because it forces the Bison team to take every opponent seriously. Having the bulls eye in the back of the Bison program turns every game into playoff-like intensity. If the Bison are going to handle each of these last three games, they can not let up emotionally. If one looks at the standings and who plays who over the next three weeks, there are playoff spots still up for grabs. NDSU can change the landscape of the playoffs being keeping focused on what is right in front of them.

If you were to design a schedule that would best prepare a team for the playoffs, the last three games are a perfect set up.

Tatanka
10-30-2011, 11:11 PM
I am glad for the #1 ranking only because it forces the Bison team to take every opponent seriously. Having the bulls eye in the back of the Bison program turns every game into playoff-like intensity. If the Bison are going to handle each of these last three games, they can not let up emotionally. If one looks at the standings and who plays who over the next three weeks, there are playoff spots still up for grabs. NDSU can change the landscape of the playoffs being keeping focused on what is right in front of them.

If you were to design a schedule that would best prepare a team for the playoffs, the last three games are a perfect set up.

Couldn't agree more. The Bison still control their own destiny, 100%. They're already a circled date on most opponent's calendars, but now it's a guarantee that we'll see each opponent's best effort. The next three weeks (and yes, I'm including WIU who could sure buckle down at home on the last game of the year) will be a great test for the Herd. The good news now is they have a little cushion in case adversity strikes. Then they can play some teams from softer, fluffier conferences and LOOK OUT.

DjKyRo
10-31-2011, 07:09 AM
#1 means we get every opponent's best shot and will therefore be even more battle-tested when the next game isn't guaranteed. Bring it on.

ndsubison1
10-31-2011, 07:33 AM
1 seed is not guaranteed. still got a tough game at ind state and a tricky contest vs. ysu and at wiu. i think we go 2-1 at worst. one seed would be amazing and i would love our chances of going to frisco if that happens