PDA

View Full Version : Short NDSU/UNI segment on ESPN College Gameday

bri-dog
10-29-2011, 04:26 PM
Basically showed how little they know of FCS football. At least Herbstreit knows some of the teams.

They used the one polle where the "Bissons" :facepalm2: are #4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4wupW2AlZ8

Hammerhead
10-29-2011, 04:30 PM
And he called our stadium the Fargo Dome instead of the Fargodome.

BisonAccountant44
10-29-2011, 04:35 PM
Wow that was pathetic

Twentysix
10-29-2011, 04:39 PM
And he called our stadium the Fargo Dome instead of the Fargodome.

You have a gripe about how they said fargodome? Thats fine imo. Bissons is a little bit to much though.

4mcruenomore
10-29-2011, 04:47 PM
That absolutely sucked ass, f*ck them.

NWNDBison
10-29-2011, 04:54 PM
Don't show much respect, do they? It would be one thing if they were tailgating at U of M after a few beers, but this is a national sportscast. They should at least have respect for winning and competitive teams.

Must have been a time-killer just before a commercial break.

Grizzled
10-29-2011, 04:54 PM
You have a gripe about how they said fargodome? Thats fine imo. Bissons is a little bit to much though.

Bissons or fargo dome wasn't even the worst part. The looks on their faces when they were trying to figure out who the hell North Dakota St. and Northern Iowa are was embarassing for them. The MVFC needs a few teams to go deep into the playoffs this year.

IzzyFlexion
10-29-2011, 05:04 PM
If I remember correctly, Herbstriet threw out an a-hole comment when discussing the 2007 NDSU-Minn game. Anyone else remember that? Something about our win meant nothing because it was against Minn?
I can't stand him when he goes into one of his "I was an Ohio State quarterback and there is no other team on planet earth that is important" rants.

BisonNeil
10-29-2011, 05:43 PM
Well, I for one thought it was a great segment. Was it perfect? No. But at least they talked about it. Of course they didn't know who the teams were, they likely wouldn't know who the #1 and #2 teams going head to head in the Sunbelt were either. But it was exposure. Geez guys, get some perspective.

pantherhawkrolling
10-29-2011, 05:50 PM
I thought that was pathetic. These men are supposed to be professional college football gurus. Think about this, this is what they do for a living. I would not expect them to treat UNI/NDSU like Nebraska/Michigan State, but the rolling of the eyes and the, "of course you don't know who these teams are" was ridiculous. I guess the key is to get an Appalachian State style win, that's the only way to get long-lasting respect from the pundits.

TILIS-BisonFan
10-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Well, I for one thought it was a great segment. Was it perfect? No. But at least they talked about it. Of course they didn't know who the teams were, they likely wouldn't know who the #1 and #2 teams going head to head in the Sunbelt were either. But it was exposure. Geez guys, get some perspective.

exactly. Tomato Tomaato. Fargodome Fargo dome. green jacket gold Jacket who gives a f*ck. I really enjoyed that minute and a half. Why would anyone on college gameday care who #2 vs #4 was in the FCS. At USC vs Stanford (#1 draft pick) and with Erin Andrews roaming around. Bisonville needs to loosen up and stop demanding all this respect today. it was quite an entertaining segment.

As far as grizzleds post #7 what would any of that solve? NDSU went deep last year. One more team joining them wouldnt change anything. The only reason FCS gets on ESPN is when an FCS school beats a top level FBS team or its bowl season and they feed us the FCS playoffs.

If im on the gameday set Im studying the games i have to make picks on during the week then waiting for the games to start so i can get back to the bus to watch. I likely wouldnt know who any of teams were. Loosen up 1-AA fanboys. it got on ESPN briefly and i dont think any other FCS schools did now lets all drink, dance, and be merry

344Johnson
10-29-2011, 05:55 PM
I really like Kirk Herbstreet. Anyways, I was fine with it, at least people know there is a big FCS game today. I don't expect them to really know the good FCS teams.

TheBisonator
10-29-2011, 05:56 PM
Man, some of you guys... If you had just gotten a blowey from Angelina Jolie, you'd complain that she had too much spit in her mouth.

Fer crying out loud....

TILIS-BisonFan
10-29-2011, 05:58 PM
Don't show much respect, do they? It would be one thing if they were tailgating at U of M after a few beers, but this is a national sportscast. They should at least have respect for winning and competitive teams.
Must have been a time-killer just before a commercial break.

Lol what. Lets start having respect for winning and competitive DIII teams as well. ESPN likes money therefore ESPN couldnt care less about the FCS especially the regular season

HooliganBison
10-29-2011, 05:59 PM
I guarantee a few college football fans went looking for this game on the dish/cable networks and thankfully this is is being broadcast nationally. Any time someone talks about you nationally it's a plus. We just got more coverage playing another FCS team than when we play minnesota.

devin45k
10-29-2011, 05:59 PM
sadly, most "college football" fans are very ignorant about any other college than there own. When I was in the Nevada and California area, it made me cringe when I heard what some people would say.

TheBisonator
10-29-2011, 06:07 PM
There are too many college FB fans in the US who only understand and comprehend BCS, and think anything underneath FBS is high school football being played on Saturdays.

TILIS-BisonFan
10-29-2011, 06:39 PM
There are too many college FB fans in the US who only understand and comprehend BCS, and think anything underneath FBS is high school football being played on Saturdays.

what can you tell me about the maine, chattanooga, citadel, & towson football programs this year?

no one should care about FCS IMO unless they have a team in their city. Thats like a MLB fan caring about the minor leagues

devin45k
10-29-2011, 06:45 PM
what can you tell me about the maine, chattanooga, citadel, & towson football programs this year?

no one should care about FCS IMO unless they have a team in their city. Thats like a MLB fan caring about the minor leagues

I disagree, I care about minor league teams because of the prospects..

FCS is a way better system than BCS, so i have followed it alot more

SDSUAlum08
10-29-2011, 06:47 PM

Agreed. Just be happy they even brought it up. They have so many games and teams to follow and the last thing on their mind is the FCS and the lower levels.

THEsocalledfan
10-29-2011, 06:54 PM

People are bitching on getting mentioned on national ESPN on basic cable? Hello???

TheBisonator
10-29-2011, 06:54 PM

Maine and Towson are having cinderella seasons this year, may play for the CAA title.

Chattanooga has lost a buch of close games, are currently trying to win out for the playoffs. They put a scare into GSU.

Citadel is mediocre as usual this year, them beating WCU bascially set the ball rolling on WCU retooling their athletic dept. last week.

I'm currently watching Old Dominion/James Madison online.

Any other questions??

TILIS-BisonFan
10-29-2011, 07:02 PM
yes welcome to the minority. You could be good at googling although the post count proves to me you are a fan. But why the f*uck would the rest of america especially ESPN care about these schools.

TILIS-BisonFan
10-29-2011, 07:04 PM
FCS is better only because of the playoff system. Thats it and thats all

ndsubison1
10-31-2011, 08:30 AM
cool exposure but id expect them to know at least one of the teams playing? i can name the top two teams in D2 and i dont even follow it: Delta and Pittsburg St.

devin45k
10-31-2011, 08:39 AM
all the bitching about this in this thread makes me sick.....its a good thing we were mentioned. The players were stoked about it before the game according to there twitter accounts.

BisonTeacher
10-31-2011, 10:57 AM
Let's go Bisssons!

rutlandbison
10-31-2011, 11:18 AM
Why should they care? When do they ever cover FCS football on college gameday? I have seen it 1 time when they went to Florida A&M against Hampton or something like that and all they talked about was they marching bands. Who cares. They will never mention it again.

Hammerhead
10-31-2011, 12:40 PM
9 out of the top 100 teams in the Sagarin ratings are in the FCS. NDSU is at #50 this week and UNI is the 2nd highest rating among FCS teams.

tcbison
10-31-2011, 01:22 PM
If I remember correctly, Herbstriet threw out an a-hole comment when discussing the 2007 NDSU-Minn game. Anyone else remember that? Something about our win meant nothing because it was against Minn?
I can't stand him when he goes into one of his "I was an Ohio State quarterback and there is no other team on planet earth that is important" rants.

Not sure about the 2007 NDSU-Minn game but Herbstreit has never given any credit/love to FCS that I have ever heard. He always says that FBS teams shouldn't even play these games and he was irrate when App State beat Michigan. It would be nice if they actually gave FCS a little credit.

It was cool that we were mentioned though.

Bison03
10-31-2011, 03:25 PM
As bad as that was, I'm going to side with the theory of any news is good news. Despite the eye rolling and the overall "why the hell are we talking about this" reactions all around. Do you know how many people watch college gameday? A lot. I have never heard them talk about an FCS vs FCS game before. especially before the game is played. One one hand, why should they care about FCS, they don't cover it normally. Does the fargodome scoreboard update us on d2 scores? No. On the other hand, it is a good analogy to the dumb system which is the bcs. I gaurantee that all those guys would be against a FBS playoff. National coverage of NDSU and of Bison football is a good thing.

80ALUM
10-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Those guys came off looking like idiots. It is their job to know about all levels of football.

TheBisonator
10-31-2011, 04:24 PM
Those guys came off looking like idiots. It is their job to know about all levels of football.

No it's not, they work for ESPN. Their job is to only analyze the level of college football that makes Disney/ESPN the most money.

They wouldn't give two turd slices if all of a sudden there were only 70 college FB teams in the nation, and they were the BCS schools.

80ALUM
10-31-2011, 07:16 PM
No it's not, they work for ESPN. Their job is to only analyze the level of college football that makes Disney/ESPN the most money.

They wouldn't give two turd slices if all of a sudden there were only 70 college FB teams in the nation, and they were the BCS schools.

Then ESPN probably shouldn't define themselves using this description "ESPN provides comprehensive sports coverage. Complete sports information including NFL, MLB, NBA, College Football, College Basketball ''. Maybe they should say they provide comprehensive sports coverage of things "they give two turds about".

SDbison
10-31-2011, 07:27 PM
Would love to see top 10 FCS teams play in some of the FBS toilet bowl games. Top 10 FCS teams are better than the mid level FBS teams that get into the who cares bowl games. DI is DI. ESPN blows. No FCS respect.

BisonTeacher
10-31-2011, 07:30 PM
In English, "Bisons" is grammatically incorrect whether you are FBS or FCS. Bison is both singular and plural.

CHADSTAUS
10-31-2011, 07:38 PM
Any time we are mentiond on ESPN, It is a good thing. I didn't here anything about the fighting sewage.