PDA

View Full Version : Giant head cutouts in the Student Section

TheBisonator
10-28-2011, 11:44 PM
This never really existed when I was in the student section for game in the mid-2000's up to 2009. I suppose this is a very recent phenomenon??

I'm being dead serious here, where I think as long as the graphics shops on campus are willing to provide this service for students, this could be THE ONE SPECIAL NICHE that NDSU's FB crowd/atmosphere is known for. Like "Jump Around" at UW, like the S at Penn State, like "Enter Sandman" at VT.

If I can say anything important about this phenomenon, is Students: KEEP DOING THIS. For years and years and years. A lot of Student crowds in college FB are known for little specific types of cool things. It would pretty sweet for NDSU to be well known in college FB circles for something like this.

Even if there was a school that did this before us, I don't think they have done it to the extent that we have. The Saints are known for "Who Dat", but that was a take off of the Bengals' "Who Dey", yet the Saints still have that part of their identity, so I don't think it really matters much.

DjKyRo
10-29-2011, 12:15 AM
Problem with making this "our thing" is that it isn't cheap. Each of the smaller heads were $24 a pop. The Pansies sign was $55. A cardboard cutout of a human being is $74. Don't know too many college students that can drop dime into this every week. We might want to find a cheaper "niche."

Plus there are a total of seven cardboard things floating around this weekend: two Coach Bohl heads that a pair of students made, a set of four that the marketing department had made (Bohl, Marcus, Jensen, and McNorton) and the Pansies sign. Those seven are all there have been all season.

4mcruenomore
10-29-2011, 12:17 AM
Problem with making this "our thing" is that it isn't cheap. Each of the smaller heads were $24 a pop. The Pansies sign was $55. A cardboard cutout of a human being is $74. Don't know too many college students that can drop dime into this every week. We might want to find a cheaper "niche."

no, just a sponsor who will chip in the cash.

TheBisonator

If you make some at the beginning of the year, you don't have to make new ones the rest of the season.

Even like 7 or 8 of them floating around the entire student section would be more than sufficient.

Most students probably spend more on getting hammered than getting the cutouts made anyway.

DjKyRo

If you know anyone, have them speak up.

4mcruenomore
10-29-2011, 12:24 AM
I don't see why Bisonville can't buy 1 or 2.

ndsubison1
10-29-2011, 12:35 AM
This never really existed when I was in the student section for game in the mid-2000's up to 2009. I suppose this is a very recent phenomenon??

I'm being dead serious here, where I think as long as the graphics shops on campus are willing to provide this service for students, this could be THE ONE SPECIAL NICHE that NDSU's FB crowd/atmosphere is known for. Like "Jump Around" at UW, like the S at Penn State, like "Enter Sandman" at VT.

If I can say anything important about this phenomenon, is Students: KEEP DOING THIS. For years and years and years. A lot of Student crowds in college FB are known for little specific types of cool things. It would pretty sweet for NDSU to be well known in college FB circles for something like this.

Even if there was a school that did this before us, I don't think they have done it to the extent that we have. The Saints are known for "Who Dat", but that was a take off of the Bengals' "Who Dey", yet the Saints still have that part of their identity, so I don't think it really matters much.

plenty of big schools do this

Bison bison
10-29-2011, 12:40 AM
If you know anyone, have them speak up.

I'll chip in for a whale and a mangy pirate -ARRGH!

Buffalo Bill
10-29-2011, 12:47 AM

I will chip in if you guys buy one of flakesbisons wedding picture.

Bison bison
10-29-2011, 12:50 AM
I'm also in for one with Kolpack

Comfortably Numb Bison
10-29-2011, 12:55 AM

I would also donate to a GIANT AND I MEAN GIANT WHALE. PM me and I would pitch in...

Bisonguy
10-29-2011, 12:57 AM
I would also donate to a GIANT AND I MEAN GIANT WHALE. PM me and I would pitch in...

That would be better left to a student section card stunt. The entire student section, one giant whale.

Comfortably Numb Bison
10-29-2011, 01:03 AM
That would be better left to a student section card stunt. The entire student section, one giant whale.

Is there anyway to get a whale done for tomorrow. Runtheoption sits by where the bison run in, coach would get a kick out of this.

moosbah
10-29-2011, 01:07 AM

Really?! You want us to be known for this? Is it April 1st? How about we just be known for being a loud, difficult football environment like it always was at Dacotah Field. NDSU needs to get off the gimmick wagon already.

344Johnson
10-29-2011, 01:23 AM

My dad is a CEO of a very pro-NDSU financial institution. I am sure if they could slap a small logo on it, I could convince him to do it at least for me and my friends. Perhaps when the playoffs roll around ;)

Bison bison
10-29-2011, 01:38 AM
That's not allowed 344.

Rockbear99
10-29-2011, 01:48 AM

Have you considered suing your brains for non-support?

Hammerhead
10-29-2011, 04:38 PM
I'd chip in $10 if there was some official fundraiser by the student body, athletic department/team makers, or alumni association.

No_Skill
10-29-2011, 05:10 PM

I'm in for one of the uni kicker.

TheBisonator
10-29-2011, 05:59 PM
Really?! You want us to be known for this? Is it April 1st? How about we just be known for being a loud, difficult football environment like it always was at Dacotah Field. NDSU needs to get off the gimmick wagon already.

Nobody else is honestly gonna give a crap if that's all we're known for. Try to observe American society in the year 2011. What gets people's attention these days: GIMMICKS.

Bison06
10-29-2011, 06:37 PM
I would be willing to donate as well if someone got an official sort of fundraiser going.

devin45k
10-29-2011, 07:14 PM
I would donate, if we made a pot for a couple every week. we could easily have 2 or 3 floating around a week.

bendixson
10-30-2011, 01:40 AM
I always thought it would be a good idea to make a cutout of the opposing qb's girlfriend...

JSUBison
10-30-2011, 01:46 AM
I always thought it would be a good idea to make a cutout of the opposing qb's girlfriend...

Victoria! (USC/Cal prank)