PDA

View Full Version : wacky note idea for the dome

HerdBot
10-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Here's a funny idea.

Print off a note and at the bottom, have it say "pass to the next person to your right." Hopefully it can make it's way across the dome.

The note can say something to the effect of...

Bison fans. This is a huge game. If you normally don't cheer, please step it up a notch today. Don't complain if the person in front of you is standing. Stand up and cheer loudly when UNI is on offense. Coach Bohl says so. Be the 12th man. Please pass to the next person.

Twentysix
10-28-2011, 05:46 PM
Here's a funny idea.

Print off a note and at the bottom, have it say "pass to the next person to your right." Hopefully it can make it's way across the dome.

Bison fans. This is a huge game. If you normally don't cheer, please step it up a notch today. Don't complain if the person in front of you is standing. Stand up and cheer loudly when UNI is on offense. Coach Bohl says so. Be the 12th man. Please pass to the next person.

If someone is on bisonville they cheer... This isnt the right crowd to be preaching too.

HerdBot
10-28-2011, 05:50 PM
If someone is on bisonville they cheer... This isnt the right crowd to be preaching too.

Your missing the point. If people who read Bisonville do this, the note will make it into the hands of the non cheering fans.

CAS4127
10-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Fail!!! More effective would be a Bohl pregame call-out for the 12th man on the big screen. They could do it just before we come out of the tunnel. From there, NDSU marketing should take the "12th man" to the next level, so that those season ticket holders who only show up for half of the games will start realizing being there helps, and those that are there, but knit, read books or otherwise don't participate/get involved get their collective shit together.

Just my .02.

aces1180
10-28-2011, 05:55 PM
Ryan Gellner (subbing for Jack Michaels) and T-Bone just had a great segment about being loud and standing up at the game. Bohl was on and said he needed the crowd to be the 12th man. In fact, they said being rowdy is encouraged. The one thing that made me laugh was when they said that if people stand, those behind them will also stand. Actually, they will bitch at you and/or call security.

I hope our crowd is abusive and hostile tomorrow. Make those Panther ears bleed.

aces1180
10-28-2011, 05:56 PM
Fail!!! More effective would be a Bohl pregame call-out for the 12th man on the big screen. They could do it just before we come out of the tunnel. From there, NDSU marketing should take the "12th man" to the next level, so that those season ticket holders who only show up for half of the games will start realizing being there helps, and those that are there, but knit, read books or otherwise don't participate/get involved get their collective shit together.

Just my .02.

Plus frickin' plus!

imabison
10-28-2011, 06:02 PM
Here's a funny idea.

Even more interesting would be if at some point during a Bison full house that the words

"WE ARE" appeared on all the Video Boards. and then disappeared. probably followed by mumors in the crowd HUH what was that.
Followed shortly but it appearing again and then all BISONVILLERS shouting "THEBISON"

It could be a rambling or starting a new tradition at The Fargodome.

MNLonghorn10
10-28-2011, 06:02 PM
that's the worst idea i've ever heard in my life gabe

HerdBot
10-28-2011, 06:17 PM
Ryan Gellner (subbing for Jack Michaels) and T-Bone just had a great segment about being loud and standing up at the game. Bohl was on and said he needed the crowd to be the 12th man. In fact, they said being rowdy is encouraged. The one thing that made me laugh was when they said that if people stand, those behind them will also stand. Actually, they will bitch at you and/or call security.

I hope our crowd is abusive and hostile tomorrow. Make those Panther ears bleed.

They can call security. Its not against the rules to stand. All the security person will do is tell you that the person behind you complained. All you have to do is say "thanks for informing me but it is not against the rules. Besides if I sit, I can't see. Thanks."

HerdBot
10-28-2011, 06:18 PM

No. The "Jump to conclusions Mat" is worse. Besides, I called the thread "crazy idea" for a reason… NOT all
ideas are good! :)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_3mKXQYXAbQ/TbHiBSIt92I/AAAAAAAAB5s/Cuv2KpbfuWI/s1600/jump+to+conclusions+mat+tom.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KVdmpK1Q64U/TbHh8quslAI/AAAAAAAAB5o/_6Mf6-a7E-w/s1600/jump+to+conclusions+mat.jpg

bisonmike2
10-28-2011, 06:21 PM
Skip the note but do it the old telephone style we used to play in kindergarten. Someone whispers into the ear of the person next to them and that says "pass it on" By the time you get to the end it's completely different because people mishear stuff.
So "Bohl says cheer loud and stand up" becomes "Toilet bowls are clear when you light up...pass it on."

On second thought, neither that or the note are a good idea.

HerdBot
10-28-2011, 06:32 PM
Skip the note but do it the old telephone style we used to play in kindergarten. Someone whispers into the ear of the person next to them and that says "pass it on" By the time you get to the end it's completely different because people mishear stuff.
So "Bohl says cheer loud and stand up" becomes "Toilet bowls are clear when you light up...pass it on."

On second thought, neither that or the note are a good idea.
or it becomes... don't stand or you will block views

Herd Mentality
10-28-2011, 06:54 PM
Could we just the ticket office to print "Partially Obstructed View" on all tickets that are not in row 1?

Dabison
10-28-2011, 07:13 PM
The announcer get everyone on their feet for the kickoff. Why not do the same for 3rd down: "Here we go Bison fans, IT'S 3RD DOWN!"

HerdBot
10-28-2011, 07:18 PM

Just my .02.

Didn't they do that once? Put Bohl on the TV?

mnriverbison
10-28-2011, 07:49 PM
Literally every 3rd down on D there should be a graphic on the TV of Bohl or some players saying something to the effect of "get off your asses and make things difficult on the other team god dammit". I went to my first home Bison game in forever a couple of weeks ago and I was shocked at how lifeless and pedestrian it felt inside there. The tailgate scene awesomeness to stale in-game atmosphere ratio at NDSU has to be the highest in the country at any level. Man that is frustrating.

CaBisonFan
10-28-2011, 07:53 PM

Come on !! He's not preaching to this crowd. He's presenting it an as idea for some people here to do at the game...Sheeez

BisonBabe
10-28-2011, 07:56 PM
I will be standing on every defensive play as is my norm. I already have a raspy voice so may lose it again this weekend...

If someone chooses to get miffed due to my standing I will kindly tell them they are free to move but I will remain where I am and cheer on my team.

CaBisonFan
10-28-2011, 07:56 PM
Literally every 3rd down on D there should be a graphic on the TV of Bohl or some players saying something to the effect of "get off your asses and make things difficult on the other team god dammit". I went to my first home Bison game in forever a couple of weeks ago and I was shocked at how lifeless and pedestrian it felt inside there. The tailgate scene awesomeness to stale in-game atmosphere ratio at NDSU has to be the highest in the country at any level. Man that is frustrating.

We keep hearing that our atmosphere is so much better than anywhere else. Compared to what? SIU ????

I'm like you...an infrequent visitor to the dome...but when I was there I was shocked at how quiet a close game could be. I could tell that there were sections of avid fans who were working their butts off. But their efforts were silenced by the indifference that other sections had. Maybe this game will be special in that way.

HerdBot
10-28-2011, 07:57 PM

I wouldn't say stale, its better than most FCS teams, but definitely underachieving. The Missouri State game was a blowout and anti climatic. Normally its loud.

Here's an idea... how about putting a flyer on everyones seat.

CaBisonFan
10-28-2011, 08:01 PM

There's that schtick again.

HerdBot
10-28-2011, 08:22 PM
Come on !! He's not preaching to this crowd. He's presenting it an as idea for some people here to do at the game...Sheeez

Thanks for your support but I should have made it purple! :)its not as good as the flux capacitor but better than the jump to conclusions mat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxuTyXQHqkI

perthbison
10-28-2011, 08:59 PM
On tuesday night during Bohl's radio show, he encouraged everyone to not just be there but participate and liven things up. You won't be arrested for standing up and cheering.

Twentysix
10-28-2011, 09:08 PM

The worst?? Worst??? lol.. right.

Bisonguy
10-28-2011, 10:26 PM

Just my .02.

Instead of copying the 12th man idea, they should just have Bohl on the video boards and have him say, "This isn't a church and it's not Sunday. I want you to yell like hell!"

devin45k
10-28-2011, 10:31 PM
Dat is one bad idear right dere

IzzyFlexion
10-28-2011, 10:36 PM
Instead of copying the 12th man idea, they should just have Bohl on the video boards and have him say, "This isn't a church and it's not Sunday. I want you to yell like hell!"

Might have more of an impact being announced by say..............oh I don't know.........

Joe Mays?

MAKBison
10-29-2011, 12:52 AM

Just my .02.

The 12th man!