PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed in the Forum

SDbison
10-28-2011, 03:06 PM
Of course, that doesn't surprise anyone here, but unless there are articles in the print version that are not in the online version the coverage this week for what is the biggest game of the year against UNI is pathetic. Way to support and cover the home team Fargo Forum! Wow, that article on Concordia football in todays paper was likely read by every Fargo resident. Just when I thought the Foolum was changing their ways. I know, I know, everything will be in Saturday's paper. Just thought there could have been a review of strengths / weaknesses and how things might be different this year for the Bison versus the prior 3 UNI games. Some interviews with players and coaches? The sold out dome for this game and fan thoughts A history of games played just before UNI left for DI-AA, the reason they left and why the Bison stayed on so long in DII................

DePereBisonFan
10-28-2011, 03:12 PM
I was surprised not to see anything about the football game, but then I was happy to read about the FCS coaches poll, the soccer team, the volleyball team, and Taylor's reaction to NCAA scholarship changes.

Kolpack and Izzo have done a great job this year. Yes, I would have tried to get another article about the upcoming football game but overall they've done a terrific job with it.

Bison"FANatic"
10-28-2011, 03:13 PM
There has been at least one every day this week I believe. I believe most started on the front of the sports and were not buried.

roadwarrior
10-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Dream on SD. The newspaper (or is it a woman's magazine?) continues its downward spiral.

bisonmike2
10-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Dream on SD. The newspaper (or is it a woman's magazine?) continues its downward spiral.

TWSS. Of course I'm referring to the That's What She Says section of the forum. I think they should have went with "You go, Girl!" Much catchier title.

SDbison
10-28-2011, 03:22 PM
There has been at least one every day this week I believe. I believe most started on the front of the sports and were not buried. You better go back and do a count because there is NOT an article everyday about the Bison football team or the big game this week against UNI. I only seee article about Vraa and some other really short 2 paragraph thing that I can't recall what it was about. Piss poor job!

aces1180
10-28-2011, 03:22 PM
TWSS. Of course I'm referring to the That's What She Says section of the forum. I think they should have went with "You go, Girl!" Much catchier title.

I am still waiting for the column about how tough it is to be a women because they have to sit down to pee.

SDbison
10-28-2011, 03:26 PM
I am still waiting for the column about how tough it is to be a women because they have to sit down to pee.
lol.......would that column belong in whats left of the sports section?

bisonmike2
10-28-2011, 03:34 PM

I haven't even looked in that section yet but I'm surprised that they haven't done that story yet. I'm sure they do the obligatory, "Ugh, Men. All they do is watch football and hunt this time of year" fall story. Coming up this winter, "How to go ice fishing and look FABULOUS!"

Bison"FANatic"
10-28-2011, 03:39 PM
You better go back and do a count because there is NOT an article everyday about the Bison football team or the big game this week against UNI. I only seee article about Vraa and some other really short 2 paragraph thing that I can't recall what it was about. Piss poor job!

Tuesday there was a article about Turner and UNI, Wed there was a article about # of Minnesota kids on each roster and how we go head to head in recruiting. There was a article yesterday in the paper I don't remember what it was about. The Media blog has had something every day from Vraa to the Video Blog. We have KFGO and WDAY on the radio at the office and they have both been talking about the game all week. If you are not finding info on the Bison and this game you are not looking and are now just looking for something to piss and moan about.

TransAmBison
10-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Tuesday there was a article about Turner and UNI, Wed there was a article about # of Minnesota kids on each roster and how we go head to head in recruiting. There was a article yesterday in the paper I don't remember what it was about. The Media blog has had something every day from Vraa to the Video Blog. We have KFGO and WDAY on the radio at the office and they have both been talking about the game all week. If you are not finding info on the Bison and this game you are not looking and are now just looking for something to piss and moan about.I agree there are articles, but not much of substance in the paper. This game is huge and should have a lot of interest. Articles could be written about potential playoff implications, crowd noise, bad blood between the programs, etc. There are plenty of topics that could be covered yet they are not. #2 vs #3 should receive extra special coverage. They are "wearing the minimum amount of flair" if you will.

IzzyFlexion
10-28-2011, 03:47 PM

Hey man!
I "girl pee" quite often.

Is that gay?............hope not..............effeminate, sure. But I don't think it's gay...........................?................... ............??.................God I hope that's not gay.

CAS4127
10-28-2011, 03:47 PM
I agree there are articles, but not much of substance in the paper. This game is huge and should have a lot of interest. Articles could be written about potential playoff implications, crowd noise, bad blood between the programs, etc. There are plenty of topics that could be covered yet they are not. #2 vs #3 should receive extra special coverage. They are "wearing the minimum amount of flair" if you will.

Much like your posts!!!:rofl::biggrin: Do you write for the Foolum??!! Is that what you do??!!!

SDbison
10-28-2011, 03:48 PM
I agree there are articles, but not much of substance in the paper. This game is huge and should have a lot of interest. Articles could be written about potential playoff implications, crowd noise, bad blood between the programs, etc. There are plenty of topics that could be covered yet they are not. #2 vs #3 should receive extra special coverage. They are "wearing the minimum amount of flair" if you will. Amen........Thanks TAB for setting this straight. Seems some posters are just happy with the minimum.

WYOBISONMAN
10-28-2011, 03:51 PM
I usually defend the Forum, but not this time. I am with SD......coverage was severly lacking for a game of this magnitude being played Saturday at the Dome.

HerdBot
10-28-2011, 04:40 PM
Of course, that doesn't surprise anyone here, but unless there are articles in the print version that are not in the online version the coverage this week for what is the biggest game of the year against UNI is pathetic. Way to support and cover the home team Fargo Forum! Wow, that article on Concordia football in todays paper was likely read by every Fargo resident. Just when I thought the Foolum was changing their ways. I know, I know, everything will be in Saturday's paper. Just thought there could have been a review of strengths / weaknesses and how things might be different this year for the Bison versus the prior 3 UNI games. Some interviews with players and coaches? The sold out dome for this game and fan thoughts A history of games played just before UNI left for DI-AA, the reason they left and why the Bison stayed on so long in DII................

I dunno. Jeff and Dom have done a great job this year. Kokpack has had a lot of other things to cover this week. ORU is leaving the Summitt. 2K per students now possible Kolpack did a great radio deal on 970 and the video blog has been good. I've seen at least 3 articles this week on the game itself.

Now KVLY has SUCKED and so has FOX TV. Not much at all!

BisonTeacher
10-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Wow. As a former spectrum writer (who also covered the football team) That's sad that they have an article about Concordia football on this of all weekends.

semobison
10-28-2011, 05:54 PM
I live in Bismarck and get the Trib delivered to my home ( yes the real newspaper )! The first thing I do in the morning is read the paper with my coffee, and I usually the sports section first! Every morning this week I have expected to see something about the game and have been dissapointed every day! Nothing, all week but there is daily Vikings and Broncos updates...The Trib has never been big Bison supporter but still given the magnitude of this game I am very dissapointed!

aces1180
10-28-2011, 05:58 PM
I live in Bismarck and get the Trib delivered to my home ( yes the real newspaper )! The first thing I do in the morning is read the paper with my coffee, and I usually the sports section first! Every morning this week I have expected to see something about the game and have been dissapointed every day! Nothing, all week but there is daily Vikings and Broncos updates...The Trib has never been big Bison supporter but still given the magnitude of this game I am very dissapointed!

I've said it before, but when I was a kid, my dad would drive down to M&H to get the Forum on Sunday's because the Bison coverage sucked so bad with the Tribune.

When I covered Bison games for them back in 2001, the coverage was excellent, but it seems to have gotten poor again. ;)

DjKyRo
10-28-2011, 06:24 PM
For what it's worth, here's today's Spectrum with the football article written by yours truly. Note: I have no input as to layout (insofar as front page, etc.).

http://issuu.com/spectrumslides/docs/october_28__2011/11

80ALUM
10-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Hopefully tomorrow's Trib will have something. Not holding my breath though. On a positive note both local TV stations have been giving it a decent amount of coverage.

HerdBot
10-28-2011, 10:14 PM
For what it's worth, here's today's Spectrum with the football article written by yours truly. Note: I have no input as to layout (insofar as front page, etc.).

http://issuu.com/spectrumslides/docs/october_28__2011/11

Nice headline!

THEsocalledfan
10-28-2011, 10:16 PM
I love the media apologists. They just go through life with rose colored glasses on.

Question: Crappy SD coverage of Bison football team. Answer: We are just not that important so we cant' expect more. What is HD?

Question: Craig Bohl show looks like it was produced by TAB when drunk. Answer: It costs too much to do right. No one cares.

Question: Why can't NDSU get on FSN like this did when Chapman was around? Answer: No on cares about our program in MSP and outside the Mecca of Fargo.

Question: Why does the Forum not cover this game like it is the game of the year? Answer: Well, it has been good most of the year and you can't expect the Forum to do more than usual. One article a day is all we can expect, and man, that Oral Roberts story is more important. (bullshit, by the way....deserved two lines)

Wake up apologists. This is NOT a D2 program. Grow with the team and demand more!!!

56BISON73
10-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Iam never disappointed in the forum as I expect nothing out of them.

HerdBot
10-28-2011, 11:06 PM
I love the media apologists. They just go through life with rose colored glasses on.

Question: Crappy SD coverage of Bison football team. Answer: We are just not that important so we cant' expect more. What is HD?

Question: Craig Bohl show looks like it was produced by TAB when drunk. Answer: It costs too much to do right. No one cares.

Question: Why can't NDSU get on FSN like this did when Chapman was around? Answer: No on cares about our program in MSP and outside the Mecca of Fargo.

Question: Why does the Forum not cover this game like it is the game of the year? Answer: Well, it has been good most of the year and you can't expect the Forum to do more than usual. One article a day is all we can expect, and man, that Oral Roberts story is more important. (bullshit, by the way....deserved two lines)

Wake up apologists. This is NOT a D2 program. Grow with the team and demand more!!!I award you points. If Mankato and St Cloud can get on FSNN.. so can we. If SDSU can get on FSN with their weekly coaches show... so can we. I saw a D3 team from Wisconsin the other day! (they were talking about NDSU actually and the recruits)

CaBisonFan
10-28-2011, 11:53 PM

That's big news. What ya complainin' about ?

Tatanka
10-29-2011, 04:39 AM
Kolpack is doing a fine job covering NDSU IMHO. Problem is he's the only one. Consider that the elforko paper has three maybe more beat writers covering the old abandoned outhouse.

duluthbison
10-29-2011, 05:35 AM
As a student, it appears that the only group capable of putting the screws to the athletics department and the university are the Teammakers. Is this something that can be brought up at a meeting or something?

chuckles
10-29-2011, 05:42 AM
As a student, it appears that the only group capable of putting the screws to the athletics department and the university are the Teammakers. Is this something that can be brought up at a meeting or something?

Money talks and because of this Teammakers are in the drivers seat. Kinda sad but its how business is done.

Twentysix
10-29-2011, 08:00 AM

Kvly talked about it on facebook almost everyday. Alot of people were upset. I loved it.

gizmo
10-29-2011, 01:11 PM

I'm in western ND and the Bis Trib is my primary newspaper. You've got to remember that Bismarck has Division 3 college [Mary] that they are trying to turn into a Division 2 university so that's where their primary collegiate allegiance lies. Frankly, sometimes I'm surprised at the amount of ink that NDSU gets from the Trib.

A1pigskin
10-29-2011, 01:13 PM
It seems this year's Forum has less info about the game. There seems to be less artciles on game day.

BisonTeacher
10-29-2011, 01:22 PM
I don't get it. (And I may be somewhat biased) but the heck else is going on Fargo that is bigger than this?

semobison
10-29-2011, 01:30 PM
I'm in western ND and the Bis Trib is my primary newspaper. You've got to remember that Bismarck has Division 3 college [Mary] that they are trying to turn into a Division 2 university so that's where their primary collegiate allegiance lies. Frankly, sometimes I'm surprised at the amount of ink that NDSU gets from the Trib.

I understand the Division II Mary thing in Bismarck. The truth is, they lost their rivalry game when they quit playing Dickinson State! I havn't seen the bowl close to full since that rivalry ended and the locals just dont know that much about the teams they are playing yet! My thoughts are that NDSU represents the whole state of ND, and this is the biggest game in the state in a long time! UND got the same amount of space today in the Trib about their game at 0-8 Northern Colorado!

A1pigskin
10-29-2011, 01:30 PM
I don't get it. (And I may be somewhat biased) but the heck else is going on Fargo that is bigger than this?

Today, nothing.

BisonTeacher
10-29-2011, 01:42 PM
Today, nothing.

Must be a cat show in town. Where is Ms. Corningstone? GRADE A BALOGNEEE!!!!

(Whiskerus Maximus)