PDA

View Full Version : potential players coming back?

HerdBot
10-26-2011, 11:46 PM
Mike Sigers
john Crockett
Brenden Pierre

Are they still in school. Will they be with us next year. How many years left?

Last I heard Crockett should be here next year assuming he takes care of business. I heard Pierre is on the scout team? Not surebon Sigers.

Am I forgetting anyone?

Sure would be nice to add Sam Maresh if we can.

Thats a ton of talent right there.

HandoEX
10-27-2011, 12:28 AM
Mike Sigers
john Crockett
Brenden Pierre

Are they still in school. Will they be with us next year. How many years left?

Last I heard Crockett should be here next year assuming he takes care of business. I heard Pierre is on the scout team? Not surebon Sigers.

Am I forgetting anyone?

Sure would be nice to add Sam Maresh if we can.

Thats a ton of talent right there.
No inside info, but those are three stars right there! Would be huge to have those three next year, even two of three would be big!

DjKyRo
10-27-2011, 12:30 AM
No inside info, but those are three stars right there! Would be huge to have those three next year, even two of three would be big!

All three are still enrolled at NDSU and are presumably working to get back to where they need to be to rejoin the team. You'd have to ask them or their advisers to find out how that's going.

HerdBot
10-27-2011, 02:08 AM

When you add these guys to a great young team, we have the makings of something really special. I'm talkin' a 2 year run where we are capable of winning the Championship. If we can luck out and land Maresh we could be on a level we have never seen before. God we could be good. Every position is going to be loaded.

X-Factor
10-27-2011, 02:20 AM
When you add these guys to a great young team, we have the makings of something really special. I'm talkin' a 2 year run where we are capable of winning the Championship. If we can luck out and land Maresh we could be on a level we have never seen before. God we could be good. Every position is going to be loaded.

Gabe, I am actually extremely concerned about offensive line. Every other position is loaded to the hilt and you can pretty much close the book already. I assume Jerve will be back? But we lose most of our good lineman from an "OK" OL this year. I assume the starting 5 will be of good quality next year, but where does the depth come from. It will be interesting to see if any new guys develop the rest of this fall and into January. Also, who is going to play center? Lund is not up to the task if UNI has a legit replacement for Boothby. We have to game for this kind of a matchup if we expect to contend.

X-Factor
10-27-2011, 02:24 AM
I say our best team will be in 2 years when Williams and co are Seniors. Could be some incredible domination by that team if things keep going the way they are for that group. I wouldn't mind Gene scheduling a couple FBS to see what that team is made of.

coldspot
10-27-2011, 02:30 AM
Gabe, I am actually extremely concerned about offensive line. Every other position is loaded to the hilt and you can pretty much close the book already. I assume Jerve will be back? But we lose most of our good lineman from an "OK" OL this year. I assume the starting 5 will be of good quality next year, but where does the depth come from. It will be interesting to see if any new guys develop the rest of this fall and into January. Also, who is going to play center? Lund is not up to the task if UNI has a legit replacement for Boothby. We have to game for this kind of a matchup if we expect to contend.

we've got 17 lineman on the roster (C, OG, OL, OT on the roster) of which 4 are seniors, 2 are juniors, 6 are sophomores, 2 are RS freshmen, 3 are freshmen. We've got a lot of young linemen that are more than capable of growing into talented players in the future.

Bison bison
10-27-2011, 02:33 AM
All three are still enrolled at NDSU and are presumably working to get back to where they need to be to rejoin the team. You'd have to ask them or their advisers to find out how that's going.

You would have to ask the students, grades are private information (FERPA)...

Mr. Burgundy
10-27-2011, 02:37 AM
Hinz started at Center in the playoff games when we ran on team as will....keep in mind it was pretty easy running on soft Big Sky teams, but he is waiting in the wings for his time again. Lund was hurt and he stepped in as a true freshman and was great.

KTF
10-27-2011, 03:48 AM
Any idea if Jeff Jerve is going to be back this year at all? How about Boen Anderson, he seemed like a big get out of Wapheton NDSCS but really hasn't materialized into much...

westnodak93bison
10-27-2011, 04:02 AM
a recent article about Sam Maresh
http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/132589338.html