PDA

View Full Version : Some Bad News for the Bison

Elephants Dream?
10-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Several days ago, Katie Birkel hurt her knee, and an MRI
was scheduled for yesterday.
This afternoon, I was informed that she has a torn ACL
and is lost for the season. :(:(

This is unconfirmed at this time, but I'm 99.9% sure it is correct.

DjKyRo
10-26-2011, 08:27 PM
Several days ago, Katie Birkel hurt her knee, and an MRI
was scheduled for yesterday.
This afternoon, I was informed that she has a torn ACL
and is lost for the season. :(:(

This is unconfirmed at this time, but I'm 99.9% sure it is correct.

Wow, what a killer. You have to feel terrible for Katie, being a senior and all. Not good.

BlueKeyAlum
10-26-2011, 09:42 PM
Best wishes to Katie. These are way to common in wcbb.

Her high school chum, K.K. Houser, missed last season at Purdue with a torn ACL as well.

Keeping Katie in my thoughts.

tony
10-26-2011, 09:47 PM
Wow, bad luck.

Hope she recovers fully and quickly.

The Lost Dutchman
10-27-2011, 12:58 AM
Here's Coach DeHoff talking about losing Katie and her coming back for her senior season, http://kfgo.com/uploads/Losing%20Katie%20Birkel%20and%20her%20coming%20bac k%20after%20surgery.mp3

Katie is will not only come back from this unfortunate injury, she'll come back better then ever!

BlueKeyAlum
10-27-2011, 10:35 AM
Out for year according to the Forum.

the http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/338445/

HandoEX
10-27-2011, 02:27 PM
What a disaster! I still can't beleive how well she shot three's at the Late Show. She is an incredible talent and will be sorely missed.

BlueKeyAlum
10-27-2011, 02:43 PM
I thought Abby was nailing the threes....was katie as well?

A frosh is going to be inserted into the starting lineup at pg....oi vey. Baptism by fire for Kehla.

CAS4127
10-27-2011, 02:48 PM
This is terrible news. While at NDSU, I actually payed way more attention to the women's team then the men's--had more friends (yes, just friends) on the WBB team. I am really disappointed in the state of the program the last several years, and now this happens at a time we least needed it.

Good thing Dehoff has recruited so well and we have unbeleavable depth!!:hide:

Que "on_the_road" in 3 . . . . .2 . . . . . 1 in response to me "criticizing" (I call it calling a spade a spade) our coach!

HandoEX
10-27-2011, 03:14 PM
I thought Abby was nailing the threes....was katie as well?

A frosh is going to be inserted into the starting lineup at pg....oi vey. Baptism by fire for Kehla.

Abby shot better, but Katie shot lights out too. IIRC, she made the second most on the night.

BlueKeyAlum
10-27-2011, 03:22 PM
This is terrible news. While at NDSU, I actually payed way more attention to the women's team then the men's--had more friends (yes, just friends) on the WBB team. I am really disappointed in the state of the program the last several years, and now this happens at a time we least needed it.

Good thing Dehoff has recruited so well and we have unbeleavable depth!!:hide:

Que "on_the_road" in 3 . . . . .2 . . . . . 1 in response to me "criticizing" (I call it calling a spade a spade) our coach!

Yeah!! Back in the day when Smykowski, Kremer, Patsie, and Edie Boyer ruled!! They set the foundation for the great 90s teams. The womens' team could outdraw the men's.

BadlandsBison
10-27-2011, 05:20 PM
Best of luck, Katie! Look at it this way, you've used up your bad luck:)

Elephants Dream?
10-31-2011, 03:52 AM
An update for those of you that haven't seen Katie.
She is mobile, wearing a knee brace and walking with a crutch.