PDA

View Full Version : Not a Year Away Anymore - BI.com

DjKyRo
10-26-2011, 04:33 AM
http://bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=731

Heading into the 2011 football campaign, plenty of Bison fans were of the opinion that the team was "one year away," that the substantial amount of underclassmen on this team would need a season to gel and to use the relationship they've developed, whether between a quarterback and his receivers or a defensive tackle and a safety, to effectively navigate the oft-convoluted waters of the Missouri Valley Football Conference and emerge ready to cut a swathe through the playoffs and, ultimately, have a legitimate shot at a national championship.

It's time to put those reservations aside and realize that this team can go all the way this year, starting this weekend with a statement victory over the Northern Iowa Panthers.

Also gets into the impressive play by Jensen this year. Just can't say enough of how great he's been for the team and how his growth as a player shows a lot of leadership for the team.

Enjoy!

ndsubison1
10-26-2011, 04:40 AM
how can you say that we were one year away? we made a great run to the quarters, nearly the semi's, and returned 16 starters

DjKyRo
10-26-2011, 05:49 AM
how can you say that we were one year away? we made a great run to the quarters, nearly the semi's, and returned 16 starters

I agree with you.

NorthernBison
10-26-2011, 06:01 AM

Through out the Off-season, most of my circle of friends expressed the thought that we might be a year away. This team has delivered every week and is turning some heads. Still, we have a tendency to get ahead of ourselves and it might be time to temper the optimism just a bit.

There are 4 conference games left and MVFC football doesn't serve up many patsies. We've had a lot of breaks go our way so far this season. We're +11 on the turnover ratio. Adversity has been limited.

Once the post-season starts, it becomes "win or go home" and unlucky breaks or critical mistakes can end things in a heartbeat.

I plan to take things one week at a time and enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts.

ndsubison1
10-26-2011, 06:36 AM
a "year away" from what? this team is in contention for the MVC title and a top 5 seeding

MNLonghorn10
10-26-2011, 11:14 AM
next year ndsu will have 8 wins, in only 7 games played. thats what they mean a year away from bro

NorthernBison
10-26-2011, 12:33 PM
a "year away" from what? this team is in contention for the MVC title and a top 5 seeding

A year away from a TITLE is what most were referring to.

This team could do it this year. They are clearly one of the best teams in the Nation at this point. The Bison could be even stronger next year.

Voice of reason: This team has only been behind on the scoreboard like twice all season. Two games have featured zero turnovers by either team. So, NDSU is +11 in the other 5 games. Stuff like that tends to even itself out. How the team responds to adversity is critical and we haven't had to deal with that yet. Do we have the maturity and depth to go all the way? I don't know for sure but it's going to be a fun ride.

semobison
10-26-2011, 12:40 PM
Through out the Off-season, most of my circle of friends expressed the thought that we might be a year away. This team has delivered every week and is turning some heads. Still, we have a tendency to get ahead of ourselves and it might be time to temper the optimism just a bit.

There are 4 conference games left and MVFC football doesn't serve up many patsies. We've had a lot of breaks go our way so far this season. We're +11 on the turnover ratio. Adversity has been limited.

Once the post-season starts, it becomes "win or go home" and unlucky breaks or critical mistakes can end things in a heartbeat.

I plan to take things one week at a time and enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts.

Good post! Enjoy the ride! You never know its your year till you have the last game of the season in hand! Were playing well, enjoy it on a weekly basis! But, damn, I want us to beat UNI!