PDA

View Full Version : Operation: 8 false start penalties

HerdBot
10-25-2011, 02:22 PM
Coach Bohl came up publically and said he wants the fans to be more than just spectators and to be participants and make some mother%#@kin' noise! (ok he didn't say it like that but you catch my drift)

The game is going to be decided by the smallest of margins so let's set some fan goals...

8 false start penalties
2 per quarter

Who is in??

We will have a sold out game with all the students and the intensity of a playoff game.

TransAmBison
10-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Coach Bohl came up publically and said he wants the fans to be more than just spectators and to be participants and make some mother%#@kin' noise! (ok he didn't say it like that but you catch my drift)

The game is going to be decided by the smallest of margins so let's set some fan goals...

8 false start penalties
2 per quarter

Who is in??

We will have a sold out game with all the students and the intensity of a playoff game.Eight false starts?!?!?! Wow...shooting for the stars a bit? This late in the season, even in a hostile environment I would think 4 would be a ton! UNI didn't get the record they have by making mistakes. If the crowd can contribute to two false starts I would say they have done their job.

But yes...I am in. Booyah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bisonmike2
10-25-2011, 02:35 PM
I like this idea. I also like the idea that someone brought up on this board earlier, hanging a sign over the ledge for each false start penalty like they do with K's for a pitcher in baseball.

aces1180
10-25-2011, 02:35 PM
I like this idea. I also like the idea that someone brought up on this board earlier, hanging a sign over the ledge for each false start penalty like they do with K's for a pitcher in baseball.

They already do that in front of the student section.

THEsocalledfan
10-25-2011, 02:43 PM
I actually had someone ask me to sit down when on the East bleechers at SDSU. I told her if she wants to see the game, she needs to stand. (Heck, folks were standing in front of me.) I should have said it nicer (I do feel really, really bad about that), but I was PISSED as it sums up the problem with Bison fans.

My question is, have these people never been to a Vikings game or another "big time" environment? You always stand and scream your head off for big plays. It is simply not that complicated.

Tatanka
10-25-2011, 02:46 PM

8 false start penalties
2 per quarter

Who is in??

We will have a sold out game with all the students and the intensity of a playoff game.

I am Tatanka, and I approve this message.

Bisonfan1
10-25-2011, 02:50 PM
I am Tatanka, and I approve this message.

I am Bisonfan1, and I approve Tatankas approval of that message. I am Bisonfan1 and I am not getting any work done this week. I am Bisonfan1 and I am pumped for the game. I am Bisonfan1 and I need to turn off Bisonville and get to work. I GOTTA GOOOOOOOOOO !!!

bisonmike2
10-25-2011, 02:51 PM
They already do that in front of the student section.
Very cool then. How long have they done that? I swear the idea came from someone on this board.

Bisonguy
10-25-2011, 02:52 PM
I actually had someone ask me to sit down when on the East bleechers at SDSU. I told her if she wants to see the game, she needs to stand. (Heck, folks were standing in front of me.) I should have said it nicer (I do feel really, really bad about that), but I was PISSED as it sums up the problem with Bison fans.

My question is, have these people never been to a Vikings game or another "big time" environment? You always stand and scream your head off for big plays. It is simply not that complicated.

Everyone should print off the quote from Bohl saying that he wants people to stand and make noise. If someone asks you to sit down just show them the quote and tell them, "I'm just doing what the coach told us to do!". Might be a little easier if security raises a fit as well if you have documented proof that Bohl told you to stand.

TbonZach
10-25-2011, 02:55 PM
I am Bisonfan1, and I approve Tatankas approval of that message. I am Bisonfan1 and I am not getting any work done this week. I am Bisonfan1 and I am pumped for the game. I am Bisonfan1 and I need to turn off Bisonville and get to work. I GOTTA GOOOOOOOOOO !!!

Bob Dole's a friend of Bison football. Bob Dole like your style. Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole. bob dole.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tl9m5jynCo

HandoEX
10-25-2011, 02:57 PM
In for standing for the entire game.

BISONBRI53
10-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Everyone should print off the quote from Bohl saying that he wants people to stand and make noise. If someone asks you to sit down just show them the quote and tell them, "I'm just doing what the coach told us to do!". Might be a little easier if security raises a fit as well if you have documented proof that Bohl told you to stand.

Let's get shirts made with the quote on the back! If someone gives crap just throw the old thumb to ur back!

THEsocalledfan
10-25-2011, 03:05 PM
Let's get shirts made with the quote on the back! If someone gives crap just throw the old thumb to ur back!

Not sure these folks are smart enough to read. Back to the drawing board.

SDbison
10-25-2011, 03:09 PM
What Hando said multiplied times 19,000.................
The reading, knitting, and face feeding types are going to have to look around me for this game. Sorry social event loser fans this is college football not theatre. By the way, I encourage every involved fan to look around you at the game and get the lazy butts that most certainly surround you out of their seats and cheering. Smile, thank them and tell them how much this means to the Bison players and coaches. They can read, knead and feed during halftime. Go Bison!

bisonsupporter
10-25-2011, 03:10 PM
So are we just trying to get as loud as we can or our we going to play dirty and have different sections start screaming cadences out?

BISONBRI53
10-25-2011, 03:10 PM
Not sure these folks are smart enough to read. Back to the drawing board.

pictures? I know!!! For all the knitters and book readers who seem to be 80+ years old we could print Hieroglyphics on the back! They would get that huh?

aces1180
10-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Very cool then. How long have they done that? I swear the idea came from someone on this board.

It just started this year....I think Yell Leader DJKYRO is the person who changes the number each time.

Tatanka
10-25-2011, 03:52 PM
So are we just trying to get as loud as we can or our we going to play dirty and have different sections start screaming cadences out?

Waaaaay ahead of you in Section 7. We usually start during O-line warmups, which are right in front of us. They jump about 25% of the time.

stevdock
10-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Let's not stop just here though. Find a way to get Kolpack and Izzo involved in getting an article/story in the news this week.

I hope I have good enough seats so that there are enough people around me to get them involved. I'm afraid I will be stuck in the corner though way up at the top. Not that it will change the four of us being up for every defensive play and then sit back and watch Brock and the offense do work.

Tatanka
10-25-2011, 03:54 PM
SOUTH SIDE: The first 20 rows or so are metal floored bleachers. Stomping makes a LOT of noise. Would be a good idea for Thundar / yell leaders to encourage that from the crowd. If Hawkeye can figure it out for RedHawks games, certainly this can happen at Bison games.

Band, this includes you! :D I want at a minimum a drumline cadence every time those fools are in a huddle.

stevdock
10-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Waaaaay ahead of you in Section 7. We usually start during O-line warmups, which are right in front of us. They jump about 25% of the time.

Just curious though wouldn't that start to get them more focused on what they need to do?? If you want to heckle them fine, but I think you are just preparing them for what they need to focus on during the game and they still get practice time to work on it then.

Tatanka
10-25-2011, 03:59 PM
Let's call this thing OPERATION BATSHIT CRAZY. Nice Hallowe'en theme.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/10/2/128674527139724506.jpg

http://rlv.zcache.com/bat_shit_crazy_hat-p148205884465040163zvj3u_400.jpg

http://www.dadsbigplan.com/images/uploads/2009/05/batshit-crazy.jpg

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/11/12/129025160813234542.jpg

TransAmBison
10-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Just curious though wouldn't that start to get them more focused on what they need to do?? If you want to heckle them fine, but I think you are just preparing them for what they need to focus on during the game and they still get practice time to work on it then.Warmups can be the perfect time to get in a players head. Once they acknowledge the crowd they don't stop.

THEsocalledfan
10-25-2011, 04:15 PM
Warmups can be the perfect time to get in a players head. Once they acknowledge the crowd they don't stop.

Why dind't I think of that! I am going to write this one down....

Mr. Burgundy
10-25-2011, 04:19 PM
I don't think anyone under a .22 BAC should be allowed inside the dome. I do not condone underage drinking....unless you have a college ID. Then I approve you going absolutely nuts. You are in college. You should be crazy.

Mr. Burgundy
10-25-2011, 04:20 PM
I can't wait to hear Heard Mentality get into their kitchen and start breaking plates. If you show any weakness, he will shame you. Not a better section in the dome.

TransAmBison
10-25-2011, 04:24 PM
Two best posts by Burgandy...ever.

HerdBot
10-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Download the "white noise machine " for android or iPhone ! Get a few thousand smart phones cranking out noise. Just set the phone underneath your seat! I suppose thats considered a banned noise maker.

HerdBot
10-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Eight false starts?!?!?! Wow...shooting for the stars a bit? This late in the season, even in a hostile environment I would think 4 would be a ton! UNI didn't get the record they have by making mistakes. If the crowd can contribute to two false starts I would say they have done their job.

But yes...I am in. Booyah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How does the quote go... high expectations breed high achievements

TransAmBison
10-25-2011, 04:49 PM
How does the quote go... high expectations breed high achievementsI missed the breeding part of your plan. You probably have AG & CAS's interest now.

MNLonghorn10
10-25-2011, 04:53 PM
i hope they have to actually sell a pair of ear plugs.

they should also make the pyros a bout 10 x more louder.

also the band should do what sdsu's band...play their instruments so annoyingly loud until uni breaks their huddle.

also play some bad ass guitar riff before third down to get the crowd screamin too.

none of these will happen but itd be fuckin loud if they did. dinky little dan michaels going "alright bison fans its 3rd and 8!!!" is stale

mango
10-25-2011, 05:02 PM

also the band should do what sdsu's band...play their instruments so annoyingly loud until uni breaks their huddle.

also play some bad ass guitar riff before third down to get the crowd screamin too.

none of these will happen but itd be fuckin loud if they did. dinky little dan michaels going "alright bison fans its 3rd and 8!!!" is stale

If the PA guy has to remind Bison fans that it's third down, something's wrong

bisonsupporter
10-25-2011, 05:03 PM
I sat next to an elderly gentleman last home game and he told me he had to take out his earring aids because it was too loud for him.

HerdBot
10-25-2011, 05:09 PM

Agree with everything. Especially the band

Bisonfan1
10-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Two best posts by Burgandy...ever.

Quit worrying about Burgandy and get on that beer bong waiver you have been working on for this game !

TateMosersneighbor
10-25-2011, 07:53 PM
I sat next to an elderly gentleman last home game and he told me he had to take out his earring aids because it was too loud for him.

This would be success.

EndZoneQB
10-25-2011, 08:47 PM

We already have said shirts. Bison World Order on the front "You Mad Bro?!" on the back side. Someone gives me sh*t, I'm going to calmly point to it. Ok, it won't be calmly, but it'll be enthusiastic.

tony
10-25-2011, 08:49 PM

^ This message paid for by "Friends of I am Bisonfan1."

Had to add the disclaimer. It's the law.

BISONBRI53
10-25-2011, 09:14 PM
We already have said shirts. Bison World Order on the front "You Mad Bro?!" on the back side. Someone gives me sh*t, I'm going to calmly point to it. Ok, it won't be calmly, but it'll be enthusiastic.

Got anymore to sell? I would take a couple if ya got em!

CAS4127
10-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Download the "white noise machine " for android or iPhone ! Get a few thousand smart phones cranking out noise. Just set the phone underneath your seat! I suppose thats considered a banned noise maker.

Ya, I'll get right on that!!!! If I start now, it may actually happen before kick off.

THEsocalledfan
10-25-2011, 09:22 PM
If the PA guy has to remind Bison fans that it's third down, something's wrong

To quote a recent post by TAB, Mango, your best post ever.

HerdBot
10-25-2011, 09:25 PM
Ya, I'll get right on that!!!! If I start now, it may actually happen before kick off.

Your going to buy a few thousand smart phones! Holy shit I would hate to see that bill!

With a few thousand going at once you may see people puking

EndZoneQB
10-25-2011, 09:25 PM
Got anymore to sell? I would take a couple if ya got em!

We are all out right meow, but we are thinking of putting together another order.

Front: http://www.customink.com/designs/proofs/vgj0-000k-mpb5/front.jpg
Back: http://www.customink.com/designs/proofs/vgj0-000k-mpb5/back.jpg

BISONBRI53
10-25-2011, 09:48 PM
We are all out right meow, but we are thinking of putting together another order.

Front: http://www.customink.com/designs/proofs/vgj0-000k-mpb5/front.jpg
Back: http://www.customink.com/designs/proofs/vgj0-000k-mpb5/back.jpg

Put one in! I bet my crew would all get one! How much are you asking right meow?

EndZoneQB
10-25-2011, 11:26 PM
Put one in! I bet my crew would all get one! How much are you asking right meow?

Our last order was a bit expensive because we just ordered 7 for ourselves...and a couple people got XXL, so they were $31(would have been ~25ish with out the XXLs) each. We also picked the best Hanes T's they offered for quality. If we do another one we want to get a bunch more so they are quite a bit cheaper. Or shop around a little bit and find a better price. I had no idea custom shirts were that expensive!

roadwarrior
10-25-2011, 11:28 PM
I had no idea custom shirts were that expensive!

Isn't most of the expense, just to setup the design? After that the per shirt cost should go down.

EndZoneQB
10-25-2011, 11:36 PM
Isn't most of the expense, just to setup the design? After that the per shirt cost should go down.

That's the way I always thought it was but, we did the design online with an editor so it's not like they were paying an artist!

Anyone on Bisonville have a hookup for making shirts?

Fast50Dad
10-25-2011, 11:36 PM
Road,

They need you church quote on the back instead...

Go Bison!

X-Factor
10-25-2011, 11:50 PM
In for standing for the entire game.

I want season tickets next to you

roadwarrior
10-25-2011, 11:55 PM
Road,
They need your church quote on the back instead...
Go Bison!

"Even in church you sometimes have to stand!"

X-Factor
10-26-2011, 12:07 AM
"Even in church you sometimes have to stand!"

Ok lets do this. I wonder if gunner would consider making these for us. They have made shirts for me in the past and very reasonably priced IMO. Shipping of course, would be the big question mark. ...How to get them to people efficiently.

Fast50Dad
10-26-2011, 12:16 AM
Has anyone tried Lakeshirts in DL for custom shirts?

Go Bison!

EndZoneQB
10-26-2011, 12:36 AM
Ok lets do this. I wonder if gunner would consider making these for us. They have made shirts for me in the past and very reasonably priced IMO. Shipping of course, would be the big question mark. ...How to get them to people efficiently.

Who is that?

Has anyone tried Lakeshirts in DL for custom shirts?

Go Bison!

That's a good idea, do they do custom stuff in shorter runs? I love supporting local businesses like that!

BISONBRI53
10-26-2011, 12:47 AM
That's the way I always thought it was but, we did the design online with an editor so it's not like they were paying an artist!

Anyone on Bisonville have a hookup for making shirts?

If you dont mind me snakin ur idea I may have a hook-up. Emailing her now

BISONBRI53
10-26-2011, 12:56 AM
Ok I just sent my friend a pic of the shirt picture. I had her put on the back under U mad bro? It says cuz coach bohl said so! Hope to hear back tonight or tomorrow. Its in town and hopefully cheap! She owns the business so she can set her own rates I would think

HandoEX
10-26-2011, 01:24 AM
I want season tickets next to you
PM TAILG8R, he prolly wants to move away from us. Lol

TAILG8R
10-26-2011, 01:29 AM

I was thinking maybe this year it was the opposite. ;)

Thundering Herd
10-26-2011, 02:25 AM
OK, let's be realistic...8? How about 4? And instead of posting a sign for every false start like they do for strikeouts in baseball, how bout something like in 'Major League' where they take a piece of clothing instead? "Huh???" you ask... Please let me demonstrate:

1. you start with this pic:
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo131/Thundering_Herd/MF1.jpg

2. after UNI's 1st false start:
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo131/Thundering_Herd/MF2.jpg

3. after 2nd.:
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo131/Thundering_Herd/MF3.jpg

4. 3rd.:
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo131/Thundering_Herd/MF4.jpg

5. and the 4th:
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo131/Thundering_Herd/MF5.jpg

Tatanka
10-26-2011, 02:35 AM
OK, let's be realistic...8? How about 4? And instead of posting a sign for every false start like they do for strikeouts in baseball, how bout something like in 'Major League' where they take a piece of clothing instead? "Huh???" you ask... Please let me demonstrate:

3. after 2nd.:

4. 3rd.:

5. and the 4th:

There is not enough rep in the system to compensate you for this awesomeness.

Someone HAS to make this happen, in cardboard cutout.

X-Factor
10-26-2011, 02:37 AM
Who is that?

Lee Gunlickson from Sport About in Bakken country. I would bet that PL knows gunner pretty well.

I was thinking maybe this year it was the opposite. ;)

on second thought, I'll just ask the hapless knitters that inevitably sit behind you.

Thundering Herd
10-26-2011, 03:24 AM
Someone HAS to make this happen
Yes, I agree! I'd love to see this and the 'pansies' logo on TV! Somebody grab an architecture student and force them to print this shit off on the big plotters!!!

TateMosersneighbor
10-26-2011, 12:33 PM

3. after 2nd.:

4. 3rd.:

5. and the 4th:

Pat, that is some good work.

HandoEX
10-26-2011, 02:17 PM
[COLOR=#222222]
on second thought, I'll just ask the hapless knitters that inevitably sit behind you.
The handicapped row is behind us!

TAILG8R
10-26-2011, 02:22 PM
The handicapped row is behind us!

The rail is directly behind you, you're lucky. Meanwhile two seats over I haven't decided if I should feel guilty when I stand knowing that those behind me cannot.

That's why I stick my brother there and I sit one row down. :)

moosbah
10-26-2011, 03:17 PM

3. after 2nd.:

4. 3rd.:

5. and the 4th:
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo131/Thundering_Herd/MF5.jpg..

Genius! Pure Genius!!!

SDbison
10-26-2011, 03:52 PM
The handicapped row is behind us! Are you sure you are not part of the handicapped row Hando?

SDbison
10-26-2011, 03:58 PM
This is one of the most important Bison football games in a long time. When I go to the Husker games people could give a rip if someone has to sit behind them. Everybody is up and cheering 90% of the time.
Its a Dome Takeover by the Real Fans! F_ck dome security! The socialites can start standing and cheering like what happens at all major college football venues. If they don't like it go out and buy some concessions, read a book or knit in the concourse. No reading, kneading or feeding in your seats during the game!

Bisonfan1
10-26-2011, 04:11 PM
This is one of the most important Bison football games in a long time. When I go to the Husker games people could give a rip if someone has to sit behind them. Everybody is up and cheering 90% of the time.
Its a Dome Takeover by the Real Fans! F_ck dome security! The socialites can start standing and cheering like what happens at all major college football venues. If they don't like it go out and buy some concessions, read a book or knit in the concourse. No reading, kneading or feeding in your seats during the game!

I am going to knit and eat dip-n-dots the entire game unless I see Coach Bohl on the video boards prior to the game with his 12th man speech.

THEsocalledfan
10-26-2011, 04:30 PM
I am going to knit and eat dip-n-dots the entire game unless I see Coach Bohl on the video boards prior to the game with his 12th man speech.

Has he done this? I think it could be a solid idea (yes, i realize it is extremely sad we have to have this conversation) and have him say we need you to stand and yell on third downs, etc. Sadly, he does need to be this specific.

Bisonfan1
10-26-2011, 04:35 PM
Has he done this? I think it could be a solid idea (yes, i realize it is extremely sad we have to have this conversation) and have him say we need you to stand and yell on third downs, etc. Sadly, he does need to be this specific.

Just e-mailed the suggestion to NDSU.

SDbison
10-26-2011, 04:39 PM
Has he done this? I think it could be a solid idea (yes, i realize it is extremely sad we have to have this conversation) and have him say we need you to stand and yell on third downs, etc. Sadly, he does need to be this specific. I want to see Bohl make the statement on the big screens about getting loud, standing and cheering on every down the other team has the ball. Then with an exteme close up tell the crowd that ticket holders and dome security have no right to harass you for doing so. This is what he has been telling people who are close to the program, but I don't think the lazy ass non-fans and dome nazis have got the message yet.
It is embarassing that on important 3rd downs I can get up and turn around to see dozens of rows of fans sitting on their ass looking like they don't know what to do, or too busy talking or feeding their face. No excuse this game.

BISONBRI53
10-26-2011, 04:42 PM
Ok I just sent my friend a pic of the shirt picture. I had her put on the back under U mad bro? It says cuz coach bohl said so! Hope to hear back tonight or tomorrow. Its in town and hopefully cheap! She owns the business so she can set her own rates I would think

Just got an email about shirts. She is 2 weeks out right now. (Have em for the next home game and playoffs) Cost would go by how many we ordered. Lemme know

HandoEX
10-26-2011, 04:56 PM
Are you sure you are not part of the handicapped row Hando?
That's why you and I wear the hard hats!

SDbison
10-26-2011, 06:10 PM
That's why you and I wear the hard hats! How very true!

DjKyRo
10-27-2011, 08:13 PM
I'll go ahead and just drop this here.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/317874_10150901153360085_523665084_21858144_212656 4516_n.jpg

GradBison
10-27-2011, 08:42 PM

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/317874_10150901153360085_523665084_21858144_212656 4516_n.jpg

Rep point reform be damned. Rep this guy to saturation!

CAS4127
10-27-2011, 08:45 PM

Excellent (must spread rep)!! Make a headshot poster of their kicker--I'll pay for it and give it to Tranny for heckling of their kicker!!!

bisonwest
10-27-2011, 08:45 PM
I would be happy with three. UNI just like NDSU is accustom to playing in noisy environments.

Thundering Herd
10-27-2011, 11:25 PM

can i get royalties everytime this is shown on tv and viewed here??? :)

DjKyRo
10-28-2011, 12:36 AM
Rep point reform be damned. Rep this guy to saturation!

Just for the record, I've already received over 150,000 rep for this image. The empire continues to grow. :)

Thundering Herd
10-28-2011, 12:48 AM
Just for the record, I've already received over 150,000 rep for this image. The empire continues to grow. :)
i do the work (modifying the logo) and you reap the benefits, you sound like my boss... :biggrin:

Tatanka
10-28-2011, 01:21 AM
i do the work (modifying the logo) and you reap the benefits, you sound like my boss... :biggrin:

Yeah, and who's paying for all this? :D

Thundering Herd
10-28-2011, 01:30 AM
TRUE....dammit!!! I'll look in my car seats for change and snacks for you for the game...

X-Factor
10-28-2011, 02:19 AM
TRUE....dammit!!! I'll look in my car seats for change and snacks for you for the game...

Herd, we need you at your finest moment when the playoffs start. Now get back to work!

DjKyRo
10-28-2011, 02:39 AM
Herd, we need you at your finest moment when the playoffs start. Now get back to work!

I say start planning for Montana on the off-chance it works out that way. Need to have our top smack in line if they're even a possibility.

Thundering Herd
10-28-2011, 06:38 AM
I say start planning for Montana on the off-chance it works out that way. Need to have our top smack in line if they're even a possibility.
Me, photoshop, and the Montana Grizzlies,...mmmm, sounds like a hoot!!! Friggin Siouxage, Pansies, and Jizzlies...3 least favorites of mine!

TheBisonator
10-28-2011, 06:58 AM
NDSU's campus print shop has single-handedly spawned a revolution in the culture of student attendance at FB games.

Tatanka
10-30-2011, 02:17 PM

So the dome nazis took the sign away from the students we gave it to. :smh: It was retrieved after the game, so we still have it. But SRSLY weaksauce.