PDA

View Full Version : NDSU v UNI on TV?

OrygunBison
10-24-2011, 08:04 PM
I will be driving up to the Huskies game in Seattle on Saturday, hoping to stop at a bar or something in Tacoma for the Bison game. Does anyone know if the game will be on satellite? Sorry if this is covered in another thread. I failed to find the info after a brief search.

EndZoneQB
10-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Fox College Sports Central. Any sports bar should have this game. You might want to keep driving right on through Tacoma tho, just saying.

Strommer10
10-24-2011, 08:37 PM
Channel 617 on DirecTV.

TheBisonator
10-24-2011, 09:36 PM
DirecTV will have it, Dish will have it, and anyone with digital cable in your area will have it.

imabison
10-24-2011, 11:20 PM
Channel 617 on DirecTV.

Not real happy with the future of Fox and Direct TV. Looks like its all going away Nov 1. This could be the end of Direct TV for me.
I have had it for a long long time, bet they do not lower the price. grrr

BisonTeacher
10-24-2011, 11:35 PM
Not real happy with the future of Fox and Direct TV. Looks like its all going away Nov 1. This could be the end of Direct TV for me.

Dude! I just started to get hooked on "The League". If this goes away I would be really bummed. I have been a directv subscriber for years. They usually work it out.

North Side
10-24-2011, 11:38 PM
I have had Direct TV since the late 90s... and still have basically the same plan since I got it. I really hope they get it figured out, I am sure they will, but it might come at the expense of high rates.

No_Skill
10-24-2011, 11:52 PM
Sounds like the game just got picked up by the ND NBC Network, so every NBC channel in the state will have it.

Bisonguy
10-25-2011, 12:01 AM
Sounds like the game just got picked up by the ND NBC Network, so every NBC channel in the state will have it.

Except the NBC channel in Fargo, in which case it's on CBS.

pantherhawkrolling
10-25-2011, 12:48 AM
It just so happens that Pantherhawkrolling lives in Tacoma presently. Try the Hooters off of I-5, they have all of the games and it is off the highway you will be traveling on. It's the same exit as a bunch of restaurants such as Applebees, Olive Garden, Winco Grocery.

EndZoneQB
10-25-2011, 01:20 AM
It just so happens that Pantherhawkrolling lives in Tacoma presently. Try the Hooters off of I-5, they have all of the games and it is off the highway you will be traveling on. It's the same exit as a bunch of restaurants such as Applebees, Olive Garden, Winco Grocery.

Not to kill the thread, but I haven't been out to Tacoma in awhile, how's it looking out there? My great aunt lived there all her life and last time I was out there her neighborhood was in the process of being turned over. I've been there a bunch of times and the first handful were a little questionable lol I spent one night in a hotel in Fife once(never again) as well. It's obviously 2nd to Seattle out there, but always felt really run down to me. I do love the area overall tho.

Tatanka
10-25-2011, 01:28 AM
Not to kill the thread, but I haven't been out to Tacoma in awhile, how's it looking out there? My great aunt lived there all her life and last time I was out there her neighborhood was in the process of being turned over. I've been there a bunch of times and the first handful were a little questionable lol I spent one night in a hotel in Fife once(never again) as well. It's obviously 2nd to Seattle out there, but always felt really run down to me. I do love the area overall tho.

Got gas once in Fife. Once. :eeek:

pantherhawkrolling
10-25-2011, 04:49 AM
I've heard the rumors, I think the area is on the upswing. Ultimately, it's still Tacoma. I am from Iowa and it reminds me of Cedar Rapids, which is not a compliment. Seattle is great, though, and I must say I take a walk every night and have never felt like I was about to be murdered.

Hammerhead
10-25-2011, 12:48 PM
If you don't mind going a little past Seattle, The NDSU alumni watch party for the 1st Gophers game was in Kirkland at the Lucky 7 Saloon 12715 NE 124th St. 425-821-7717. That's the "official" Nebraska football bar in Washington and Huskers' game starts 3 hours earlier than so you should be able to see most of the Bison game.

Hammerhead
10-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Part of Tacoma is nice. They've got a cool glass works museum and some nice parks along Puget sound. However, you can usually smell "the aroma of Tacoma" unless the wind is blowing in the right direction.

EmeraldCityBison
10-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Tacoma is working hard to clean itself up. Still has a ways to go but it's improved a lot in the last decade.

Seems Tacoma now plays 3rd fiddle to Seattle and Bellevue. Bellevue is having a massive growth spurt.

Another option that may work to watch the game is Jillians on South Lake Union in Seattle. The NDSU alumni have had gatherings there before. Nice place. I watched the Kansas March Madness game there the day before my wedding.

OrygunBison
10-25-2011, 04:18 PM

Where are you going to be for the game?

OrygunBison
10-25-2011, 04:22 PM
Tacoma's not too bad these days. Completely different city than 15 years ago when I moved to the Pacific Northwest. The firm I used to work at did the new convention center.

Bellevue is crazy. The downtown area has more highrises than most cities in the west. Probably rivals Portland, actually. I worked briefly on the Bellevue Towers project when it was just getting its initial form figured out. I also did a bookstore and movie theater there. Again, 15 years ago, it was a pretty small town, at least visually.

EndZoneQB
10-25-2011, 08:25 PM
Tacoma's not too bad these days. Completely different city than 15 years ago when I moved to the Pacific Northwest. The firm I used to work at did the new convention center.

Bellevue is crazy. The downtown area has more highrises than most cities in the west. Probably rivals Portland, actually. I worked briefly on the Bellevue Towers project when it was just getting its initial form figured out. I also did a bookstore and movie theater there. Again, 15 years ago, it was a pretty small town, at least visually.

Yep, I have some relatives that also live in Bellevue. It felt almost rural when I'd go to their house back in the day. Haven't been out there in probably close to 8-10 years tho.

soupcan
10-25-2011, 08:53 PM
Anyone know what channel dish network will have the game on?? Any bars in phoenix mesa area having it?

56BISON73
10-25-2011, 08:53 PM
Channel 617 on DirecTV.

This will make my wife very happy. Thanks.

Bison81
10-25-2011, 08:57 PM
anyone know if the game is on Dish network?

EndZoneQB
10-25-2011, 09:12 PM
Anyone know what channel dish network will have the game on?? Any bars in phoenix mesa area having it?

anyone know if the game is on Dish network?

Look for Fox College Sports Central. That is the channel. Google or your guide is your friend. EVERY sports bar is able to get it, I'm sure. This is a national broadcast everyone, FCS is available through 99.9% of Cable/Satellite companies I bet

HerdBot
10-26-2011, 05:25 AM
Look for Fox College Sports Central. That is the channel. Google or your guide is your friend. EVERY sports bar is able to get it, I'm sure. This is a national broadcast everyone, FCS is available through 99.9% of Cable/Satellite companies I bet

Ok so the game is on channel 617 says there is no programming. All it shows is a Directv logo with tba or upcoming . The next broadcast is thursday at 830. Seattle @ Arizona. Is this a channel has regular programming ? It says alternate but all the FCS has TBA. I know its National but its basically a glorified pay per view channel. No sports programs. No syndicated shows. No wonder they can't come to an agreement. I see wcha hockey, Wagner football. Its just a random group of unknown teams. Am I wrong?

Da_Bison
10-26-2011, 06:56 AM
It will also be on Comcast Channel 172 here in Colorado

BisonTeacher
10-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Ok so the game is on channel 617 says there is no programming. All it shows is a Directv logo with tba or upcoming . The next broadcast is thursday at 830. Seattle @ Arizona. Is this a channel has regular programming ? It says alternate but all the FCS has TBA. I know its National but its basically a glorified pay per view channel. No sports programs. No syndicated shows. No wonder they can't come to an agreement. I see wcha hockey, Wagner football. Its just a random group of unknown teams. Am I wrong?

No. Its an alternate channel that only comes on when something is on. Like the Big ten network. As long as it doesnt say "channel not purchased" you should be ok. Do you have the sports pack?

HerdBot
10-26-2011, 01:30 PM
No. Its an alternate channel that only comes on when something is on. Like the Big ten network. As long as it doesnt say "channel not purchased" you should be ok. Do you have the sports pack?

Yes I just got it. I go to all the games but I figure FCS playoffs will be on it. I know it will be gone here if dtv doesn't come to agreement but it will give me something to bitch about next time I call them if its gone. Some folks say its better than fsn north. This confirms its not. FSNN is actually a real channel with regular content, shows and regional content. Not just random games.

2011 Champions
10-26-2011, 01:55 PM

I will take that bet. That channel is not on dish network unfortunately.

EndZoneQB
10-26-2011, 02:21 PM
I will take that bet. That channel is not on dish network unfortunately.

Are you shitting me? Could you imagine if one of the major networks didn't broadcast on one of the satellite companies...oh wait. Some of these companies need to pull their heads out of their asses.

moosbah
10-26-2011, 03:13 PM

Don't sweat it. They go thru these negotiations will different channels all the time. Worst case is we will lose those channels for a few days.

BisonTeacher
10-26-2011, 04:21 PM
Yes I just got it. I go to all the games but I figure FCS playoffs will be on it. I know it will be gone here if dtv doesn't come to agreement but it will give me something to bitch about next time I call them if its gone. Some folks say its better than fsn north. This confirms its not. FSNN is actually a real channel with regular content, shows and regional content. Not just random games.

Last year the playoffs were mostly on ESPN3

WestDak
10-26-2011, 05:40 PM

If I am remembering correctly from last year, I think ESPN has exclusive rights to everything from the quarterfinals on. Or is it the whole playoffs? They rebroadcast them on the North Dakota NBC stations, but I'm pretty sure that the Eastern Washington game was an ESPN production. I do not remember who put together the Montana St game.

One comment also on the Fox College Sports channels. I have Midco cable in Mandan, and those 3 channels have sports throughout the whole day, like a regular channel. They aren't treated like an overflow channel for us.

Thundering Herd
10-27-2011, 12:41 AM
hey is the NBC thing in ND confirmed? I don't think I get Fox College Sports on basic Midco cable... or am i an idiot?
Oops! I'm an idiot, found it in gobison. sorry folks,...

No_Skill
10-27-2011, 03:45 AM
hey is the NBC thing in ND confirmed? I don't think I get Fox College Sports on basic Midco cable... or am i an idiot?
Oops! I'm an idiot, found it in gobison. sorry folks,...

That's not very nice of gobison.com to publish that you are an idiot...

I think that may be slander. CAS?????

Hammerhead
10-27-2011, 03:20 PM
The MSU and EWU games were available on DirecTV. I know because we recorded them even though we attended both games. I'm thinking the MSU game was on the Altitude network and the semifinal might have been on ESPN2 or ESPNU

Hammerhead
10-27-2011, 03:27 PM
The game is on the DirecTV guide that shows up on my DVR as an upcoming recording since I have it set to pick up any program in the sports category that contains North Dakota State

BisonTeacher
10-27-2011, 05:24 PM
The game is on the DirecTV guide that shows up on my DVR as an upcoming recording since I have it set to pick up any program in the sports category that contains North Dakota State

Or just scroll ahead to saturday at that time and the game slot will be there for you to DVR.