PDA

View Full Version : If that ever happened to us......

Mr. Burgundy
10-23-2011, 01:38 AM
I would PUKE if an opponent ever brought in half the crowd to our place. If another team ever had a "home game" in our place, I would leave because it would kill me. They had to be embarrassed. Not sure if you heard Coach Stig on the post game, but he got choked up when talking about how the "Bison brought a ton of fans." He had to stop talking, it was on SDSU's 570AM radio postgame. We caused a penalty because we made so much noise. Today's fans were amazing. Nobody travels like NDSU at this level of football. Amazing fan base. Also, today was a huge recruiting day for SDSU. They had a bunch of kids on campus, and they heard "Bison Home Game" chants time after time. Their old and quiet fan base, inferior facilities....some of those same kids might be recruited next week as I have to imagine that Bohl will be using the UNI as a MONSTER recruiting weekend for us. If we are on the same kid, I like our chances. Finally, Stig....PUNT THE BALL. What a disaster of a coaching performance, that guy is sliding.

We get an entire side of their stadium? They come to the Fargodome and they get a corner up in the nosebleeds. Great job.

Great job fans. LOUD AND PROUD.

NDSUstudent
10-23-2011, 01:44 AM
It looked very impressive on TV, great job to all the Bison fans that went all the green looked great. Saw a few Bisonville posters on TV as well.

BisonTeacher
10-23-2011, 01:48 AM
It looked very impressive on TV, great job to all the Bison fans that went all the green looked great. Saw a few Bisonville posters on TV as well.

It did. And you could hear them too. Thats awesome. being a gopher season tix holder...they knew it was coming here too. They know the bison travel well. Thats so cool. Honestly...i try to make a road trip whenever I can.

CaBisonFan
10-23-2011, 02:04 AM
I would PUKE if an opponent ever brought in half the crowd to our place. If another team ever had a "home game" in our place, I would leave because it would kill me. They had to be embarrassed. Not sure if you heard Coach Stig on the post game, but he got choked up when talking about how the "Bison brought a ton of fans." He had to stop talking, it was on SDSU's 570AM radio postgame. We caused a penalty because we made so much noise. Today's fans were amazing. Nobody travels like NDSU at this level of football. Amazing fan base. Also, today was a huge recruiting day for SDSU. They had a bunch of kids on campus, and they heard "Bison Home Game" chants time after time. Their old and quiet fan base, inferior facilities....some of those same kids might be recruited next week as I have to imagine that Bohl will be using the UNI as a MONSTER recruiting weekend for us. If we are on the same kid, I like our chances. Finally, Stig....PUNT THE BALL. What a disaster of a coaching performance, that guy is sliding.

We get an entire side of their stadium? They come to the Fargodome and they get a corner up in the nosebleeds. Great job.

I agree. It was a great crowd for NDSU. It truly was a throw-back game...a return to how it 'should' feel. People from SDSU who've been around for a while were a afraid of this. It should have happened in 2007 also...as far as the outcome of the game.

It was interesting. The streaming didn't show us getting the Marker or any of the celebration.

BisonTeacher
10-23-2011, 02:09 AM
I agree. It was a great crowd for NDSU. It truly was a throw-back game...a return to how it 'should' feel. People from SDSU who've been around for a while were a afraid of this. It should have happened in 2007 also...as far as the outcome of the game.

It was interesting. The streaming didn't show us getting the Marker or any of the celebration.

I was at the 2007 game. We (the bison faithful) were there....they ran out of seats. No lie. Roehl got hurt, and Bohl made a (rare) bad decision to punt instead of go for it on 4th down in the 4th quarter. thats why we lost that game.

Tatanka
10-23-2011, 02:57 AM

Yes, what the everloving f*** was Stig thinking in the fourth quarter. Fourth down deep in his own zone and he goes for it. Basically hangs his team out to dry and looks like a fool in the process. Bison had no choice but to take over on downs deep in bunny territory and score. then spiking the ball and scoring late to get it to 14 in garbage time against our third string? whatever.

I also agree 100% with your crowd assessment. Seriously, who comes in to another team's stadium and causes THEM to false start? WOW. Great time today...

4mcruenomore
10-23-2011, 03:07 AM
Remember this thread when/if we ever play UND or especially the Griz at home.......

EndZoneQB
10-23-2011, 03:41 AM
I had so much fun today. The trip, the game, tailgating, being louder than them...I mean it goes on.

On to the trip, we had some issues but we are back in one piece(mostly!)

Tatanka
10-23-2011, 03:44 AM
I had so much fun today. The trip, the game, tailgating, being louder than them...I mean it goes on.

++ Glad you guys made it back ok! Get FIRED UP for next week!

MNLonghorn10
10-23-2011, 03:48 AM
fun day. poooooooooooor bunny fans. it was funny watching their band go apeshit after their 2nd td with 4 seconds left

PaBizon
10-23-2011, 03:50 AM

Yes it was a great day. Bison fans represented well. I will say the bunnie fans around me were very respectful and were 5 of the 10 people wearing blue that actually stayed til the end.

Gilley
10-23-2011, 03:51 AM
Bunnies Suck!!

clenz
10-23-2011, 03:54 AM
I need a photo of taking that dump over....Worst stadium in the MVFC...and that includes ISUb who only has a one sided stadium.

Jay
10-23-2011, 03:55 AM

Just needed a little jump! EPIC day... perfect weather! Great job Bison fans! Gets bigger this weekend!

bri-dog
10-23-2011, 04:00 AM
With the season tickets and other Bison fans, it's gonna be a cold day in hell, or a shit-load of really, really, really bad seasons before ANYONE is gonna come in and take over the dome. Not gonna happen.

Jay
10-23-2011, 04:05 AM
Dakota Magic was also turned into a Bison home game.

EndZoneQB
10-23-2011, 04:06 AM
Just needed a little jump! EPIC day... perfect weather! Great job Bison fans! Gets bigger this weekend!

Was that you that helped us out?? We appreciate it!!

++ Glad you guys made it back ok! Get FIRED UP for next week!

Barely! The bus battery was dead when we got back after the game and we couldn't get the generator to stay running enough to charge up any of our batteries. Not good.

Then, about 5-10miles north of Wahpeton we heard LOUD noises coming from the wheel well, sounded like we lost a tire. We pulled over, none of us could figure out what was going on...but noticed the mudflap was extremely loose, so we figured it was no big deal and decided to press on. It got louder and we pulled over again just to realize our tire must have had enough rubber because it was shedding it as we drove! Limped back to town at 45-50mph and here we are lol

Ginsbach
10-23-2011, 04:26 AM

Good. There are way too many UND fans in Hankinson. The more Bison exposure down there the better.

ndsubison1
10-23-2011, 04:32 AM
sorry for partyin jacks

NDSUBowler
10-23-2011, 04:33 AM
VERY true. Walked in and couldn't believe how many people were wearing Bison colors!

Jay
10-23-2011, 04:41 AM
Took my buddy 9 minutes to lose $100 at the Craps table.

bri-dog
10-23-2011, 04:47 AM
Took my buddy 9 minutes to lose $100 at the Craps table.

Shouldn't take nearly that long. Amateurs.:biggrin:

BlueBisonRock
10-23-2011, 05:00 AM
I need a photo of taking that dump over....Worst stadium in the MVFC...and that includes ISUb who only has a one sided stadium.

There will be photos of the Bison fanbase excelling at teh tailgating and the cheering. Keep looking.

walknroehl
10-23-2011, 02:34 PM
I also agree 100% with your crowd assessment. Seriously, who comes in to another team's stadium and causes THEM to false start? WOW. Great time today...

I think we actually made them jump twice. The play we almost had a safety I thought a couple on our side of the field went early.

HandoEX
10-23-2011, 02:43 PM
Dear SDSU fans, when a player gets hurt, clap when he is able to return to the sideline. What an embarrassment to hear your classless fans chant "bullshit" when Holloway got hurt. Classless losers.

BisoninNWMN
10-23-2011, 02:46 PM
Dear SDSU fans, when a player gets hurt, clap when he is able to return to the sideline. What an embarrassment to hear your classless fans chant "bullshit" when Holloway got hurt. Classless losers.

.....and they bitch about the Bison fans yelling "Bison" during the National Anthem.....

That is classless when you cheer something like that when a player is hurt...

unbison
10-23-2011, 04:21 PM
Both are classless

CAS4127
10-23-2011, 04:36 PM
They weren't chanting "bullshit" at Holloway, they were chanting it at officials for the pass interference call on the play--I think they were right btw.

Kermit
10-23-2011, 05:44 PM
They weren't chanting "bullshit" at Holloway, they were chanting it at officials for the pass interference call on the play--I think they were right btw.

After watching the replay, I strongly believe the call was correct. The defender did turn around at the last instant, but the interference occurred BEFORE the ball got there. The defender was facing away from the field and making contact while Holloway was trying to make a play for the ball.

NDSUstudent
10-23-2011, 05:52 PM

Holloway wasn't injured on that play.

THEsocalledfan
10-23-2011, 05:57 PM
After watching the replay, I strongly believe the call was correct. The defender did turn around at the last instant, but the interference occurred BEFORE the ball got there. The defender was facing away from the field and making contact while Holloway was trying to make a play for the ball.

Agree with Kermit. I have watched the whole game back and the linebacker was doing his best to get back in a Cover 2 and Holloway was tring to come back to the ball before we turned his head. If he turned his head sooner, I think the LB makes a great play and maybe a pick. As it was, it was a typical SDSU play.