PDA

View Full Version : Phil needs to give credit to Bisonville

IzzyFlexion
10-22-2011, 10:35 PM
Post-game show, Phil just said that NDSU and UNI hate each other and added "I don't know why"

No doubt in my mind that a least part of the new hatred/rivalry was spawned on Bisonville.

yellowstreak
10-22-2011, 11:19 PM
A player's parent told me UNI plays dirty

yellowstreak
10-22-2011, 11:20 PM
Post-game show, Phil just said that NDSU and UNI hate each other and added "I don't know why"

No doubt in my mind that a least part of the new hatred/rivalry was spawned on Bisonville.

Or maybe Lakes?

TheBisonator
10-22-2011, 11:23 PM
A player's parent to me UNI plays dirty

UNI does play dirty, but it may just be when they play us. I can't say whether or not they do for other games.

Their fans have a REAL haughty attitude towards NDSU as well. They think they're our superiors just because their administration in the late 70's had some common sense and went to DI while ours was moronic. We could've EASILY done what UNI did in 1980 and had a athletic resume as good or better than theirs if our administration didn't have Rice Krispies for brains in those days.

bisonbills
10-22-2011, 11:37 PM
UNI has kicked our asses the last three years. They have every right to look down on us. They do play chippy, as do we, when this game is played. I have a good feeling this year we hand them their asses and get a long awaited win against them.

semobison
10-22-2011, 11:40 PM
UNI does play dirty, but it may just be when they play us. I can't say whether or not they do for other games.

Their fans have a REAL haughty attitude towards NDSU as well. They think they're our superiors just because their administration in the late 70's had some common sense and went to DI while ours was moronic. We could've EASILY done what UNI did in 1980 and had a athletic resume as good or better than theirs if our administration didn't have Rice Krispies for brains in those days.

When you beat a team 3 years in a row they are your superiors! Thats why I want to beat their ass so bad!

bisonbills
10-22-2011, 11:42 PM
When you beat a team 3 years in a row they are your superiors! Thats why I want to beat their ass so bad!

Agreed. And to quote Izzy in another thread about UNI, "I hope they (we) hang 70 on you!"

yellowstreak
10-22-2011, 11:44 PM

speaking of which, if you aren't already a member of panthernation, please join now.

http://www.panthernation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7

perthbison
10-23-2011, 01:00 AM
:hungry:

Their fans have a REAL haughty attitude towards NDSU as well. They think they're our superiors just because their administration in the late 70's had some common sense and went to DI while ours was moronic. We could've EASILY done what UNI did in 1980 and had a athletic resume as good or better than theirs if our administration didn't have Rice Krispies for brains in those days.You pretty much nailed it, D1 move was long overdue. Coach Farley has helped develop a hatered for us in his players. Damb it'll be fun to beat them!

4mcruenomore
10-23-2011, 03:11 AM
The 1986 and 1990 Championship teams would have embarrassed UNI IMO. We should have moved up when they did.

bisonbills
10-23-2011, 03:15 AM
The 1986 and 1990 Championship teams would have embarrassed UNI IMO. We should have moved up when they did.

No doubt about this.

clenz
10-23-2011, 03:53 AM
No doubt about this.UNI's 1986 team went to the FCS semi's that year....with an FBS win....I'm not as sure about that as you are, but it could've happened I guess.

56BISON73
10-23-2011, 05:28 AM
The hate between UNI and NDSU has been going on since Stan Sherrif was the coach. Which goes back to at least the early 70s. He hated us with a passion (because we kicked his ass)and UNI was the most classless dirty team we played. Yep---even worse than UND.

bri-dog
10-23-2011, 05:39 AM
The hate between UNI and NDSU has been going on since Stan Sherrif was the coach. Which goes back to at least the early 70s. He hated us with a passion (because we kicked his ass)and UNI was the most classless dirty team we played. Yep---even worse than UND.

Say it ain't so, Joe!

Wait, that doesn't work.

Say it ain't that, Pat!???

Them UNI guys are trying, though.

BTW, where's Cap'n been the last couple weeks?

THEsocalledfan
10-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Only comment that I would add it I don't fault NDSU for stayin D2 when UNI moved up; the 1980's turned out just fine. The HUGE mistake was not moving up after 1990 and the massive scholarship cuts that happened. Osbun (sp?) was a weenie president with no vision. Rocky would have gone for it.

HandoEX
10-23-2011, 02:49 PM
I would bet the farm we win. What's the line on the game

BisManBison
10-23-2011, 03:27 PM
Talking to Gene Taylor about UNI, they did everything they could to keep us out of the MVC, so that added a whole lot of fuel to the hatred fire.

4mcruenomore
10-23-2011, 03:37 PM
I would bet the farm we win. What's the line on the game

42-17, Bentrim with 3 rushing TD's

bisonmike2
10-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Talking to Gene Taylor about UNI, they did everything they could to keep us out of the MVC, so that added a whole lot of fuel to the hatred fire.
Cause they know we are taking this shit over. We're better funded, we have better facilities and even with the pro-UND retards in the legislature were better supported politically. UNI is an Iowa tea party away from having their athletics departments balls cut off. Right now they can say "look how successful we are. We win conference championships, you don't want to get rid if us." They start slipping, they are in trouble.

4mcruenomore
10-23-2011, 03:55 PM
I tried to find a link to their game yesterday, even a radio link, very hard to do. Their marketing department is worse than ours.

Larz
10-23-2011, 05:52 PM
In the late 60’s early 70’s Stan Sherrif knew he was up against a formidable foe because when he lost to us he broke out the window in the door to the locker room and when we made an interception and we were returning it down the sidelines he went out on the field a little and tripped our player. During our games he was “all in, no rules, dirty”.

TheBisonator
10-23-2011, 07:29 PM
UNI's 1986 team went to the FCS semi's that year....with an FBS win....I'm not as sure about that as you are, but it could've happened I guess.

You never watched those teams play. I will accept the fact that most of the teams they beat were bums (because we were in D2), but any FCS-equivalent D2 team in those days we took to the woodshed as well.

I remember talking to CAS at a tailgate about him talking (I think?) to GSU's head coach Russell from their late 80's championship years. Russel told CAS that he thought the Bison would have beaten GSU most times if they played each other in the 80's.

I think that was the story?? CAS, correct me if I'm wrong.

Jimmy The Greek on CBS in the 80's once called those Bison teams "equivalent to an average Big ten team".

A1pigskin
10-23-2011, 09:26 PM
I thought it started when Bison entered 1st year eligibility for playoffs and Bison got rated #1 and UNI thought they should have. However, it seems this ordeal goes back to the early 70's.

scbison91
10-23-2011, 11:23 PM
UNI's 1986 team went to the FCS semi's that year....with an FBS win....I'm not as sure about that as you are, but it could've happened I guess.

The 1986 NDSU team was the one Beano Cook stated was a Top 10 team in ALL of college football.

TheBisonator
10-23-2011, 11:25 PM
The 1986 NDSU team was the one Beano Cook stated was a Top 10 team in ALL of college football.

Correct. Those 86, 88 and 90 teams would have done the same thing in I-AA as DII.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND that this goes back to the fact that WE DID NOT BELONG IN DII IN THE 1980'S.

Notorious
10-24-2011, 01:03 AM

I remember this...didn't think it was Beano, but could've been...think it was CBS Sports anyways...

JSUBison
10-24-2011, 01:20 AM
I remember this...didn't think it was Beano, but could've been...think it was CBS Sports anyways...

I never heard of that quote before either, so I tried finding it, and here's something:
http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=280

clenz
10-24-2011, 01:43 AM
The 1986 NDSU team was the one Beano Cook stated was a Top 10 team in ALL of college football.Again, I'm not saying those weren't good teams, nor that they couldn't have beaten UNI. I think it would have been a good game. I was just stating that UNI did go to the semi's that year, so it isn't like they were a push over.

Notorious
10-24-2011, 01:45 AM
think it was Jimmy "extra muscle" the greek, now that I think about it....