PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Smith Fan Club (all are welcome)

IzzyFlexion
10-22-2011, 10:24 PM
This kid has been solid gold this year!
PLAY MAKER!! Is it because his diminutive stature doesn't draw enough respect or attention from other teams?

Kid is getting it done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaBisonFan
10-22-2011, 10:34 PM
This kid has been solid gold this year!
PLAY MAKER!! Is it because his diminutive stature doesn't draw enough respect or attention from other teams?

Kid is getting it done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Count me in. He's amazing. One of our MVP players.

Anyone know how Holloway is ??

tcbison
10-22-2011, 10:52 PM
Count me in. He's amazing. One of our MVP players.

Anyone know how Holloway is ??

Holloway is an amazing player as well. Just kidding. Holloway did come back into the game after his injury so you would think he is okay. Ryan Smith has been great and keeps getting better.

North Side
10-22-2011, 11:15 PM
Where do I sign up for this fan club??? His game reminds me of a Pats WR. Is that Ryan Welker or Wes Smith out there??? Wes Welker Jr.

IzzyFlexion
10-22-2011, 11:40 PM
Where do I sign up for this fan club??? His game reminds me of a Pats WR. Is that Ryan Welker or Wes Smith out there??? Wes Welker Jr.

You just did! :)
And, by being among the first 5, your $ 500.00 monthly dues have been waived for the first month.

extremerouge
10-23-2011, 12:20 AM
He is good.

stevdock
10-23-2011, 12:58 AM
Last year do we win the National Championship if he started out as a WR instead of RB and mainly punt returner??

BlueKeyAlum
10-23-2011, 02:08 AM
I'm in!! Pick me, pick me!!!

DIBISON
10-23-2011, 05:35 AM
And there were plenty of bisonvillers questioning the recruiting of Ryan Smith. There also were plenty that questioned why not jake miller instead of Ryan Smith. While both are doing great, Ryan Smith can change a game on one play and he'll only get better. The Bison no doubt made the right choice!!

Strommer10
10-23-2011, 07:25 AM
Been in his fan club since his sophomore year in high school. Guy is a stud!

semobison
10-23-2011, 12:38 PM
His play at WR has been outstanding! He is making plays every week! I must admit, for myself this has been a very pleasant suprise!

THEsocalledfan
10-23-2011, 12:58 PM
While other like to compare Smith with some unknown player who played the school that must not be named, I will use a comparison all should remember.

He reminds me the most of Chris Carter in him prime with the Vikings. Great hands, goes over the middle, and keep the chains moving. Holloway is like Randy Moss in his prime, the deep threat you can't ignore who then gets lots of respect form the CB's.

Guys, that WR pair may be one of the best pair I have seen for the Bison and with Brock throwing the rock so well, I think we just might get UNI next weekend.

Da Bison
10-23-2011, 01:21 PM
Last week the person sitting next to me didn't bring his wife to the game. He said "she had a bug ". I told him "that's a good thing. Because Ryan Smith is catching everything":biggrin:

semobison
10-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Ahhh Jeez...us! Couldnt you find a better comparison than to a couple of Vikings...LOL...

IzzyFlexion
10-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Last week the person sitting next to me didn't bring his wife to the game. He said "she had a bug ". I told him "that's a good thing. Because Ryan Smith is catching everything":biggrin:

If that ws your response and it was said quickly (and I'm not doubting you) you deserve teh green chicklet which you should see coming in right about............................................. ...........

THEsocalledfan
10-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Ahhh Jeez...us! Couldnt you find a better comparison than to a couple of Vikings...LOL...

Both are likely Hall of Famers, so I think it is pretty nice!

roadwarrior
10-23-2011, 01:50 PM
I was already in his unofficial fan club, so count me in!

KilldeerBison
10-23-2011, 02:36 PM
I like how agressive Smith is when catching the ball, he seems to catch everything near him. Zach Vraa seemed to be the same type of receiver, I sure hope he can go against UNI. Having another agressive receiver on the field could really compliment our passing game.

4mcruenomore
10-23-2011, 02:50 PM
He is having an awesome year, I am very impressed! But, I thought that according to a few BV'ers you had to play HS football at a 6A level out of state to be any good for the Bison??????

BisManBison
10-23-2011, 03:22 PM
I'm in. He's fearless and I love how he attacks the ball!

THEsocalledfan
10-23-2011, 05:45 PM
He is having an awesome year, I am very impressed! But, I thought that according to a few BV'ers you had to play HS football at a 6A level out of state to be any good for the Bison??????

Very hard to find this good of a skill player in ND. Reality is they will never me the majority.

17>1
10-23-2011, 06:35 PM
I get tired of constantly seeing people on here with comments like "A lot of you Bisonvillers doubted so and so's ability and I told you he would be great". It's our jobs as fans to give our opinions about certain players, recruiting, coaching, etc. Someone can see a kid play football in HS and think he's going to be a great college player, but until the kid gets to college, you'll never really know how he'll turn out. No one will ever know if Jake Miller would have been a good fit at NDSU, or if Ryan Smith would be as successful at UND. So to all you "I told you so'ers" give it a rest. Rant done.

PS: Love the way Ryan catches a ball and also his RAC.

BFKasper14
10-23-2011, 06:41 PM
Count me in.

Smith is a beast and a half...Faster than shit too (metaphorically speaking of course...)

Thundering Herd
10-23-2011, 09:43 PM
I'm on board the RSFC! He was a great hs trackster and now he's showing his speed along with ability to catch anything and a grit and determination that I wish every player on this team had...kinda reminds me of Pat Artz (right first name?) back in the early-mid 90s who was smaller in stature but was a helluva receiver for the Herd. Keep it up Smith, and let's go Bison!!!

CivilBison96
10-23-2011, 09:45 PM
I'm on board the RSFC! He was a great hs trackster and now he's showing his speed along with ability to catch anything and a grit and determination that I wish every player on this team had...kinda reminds me of Kelly Artz (right first name?) back in the early-mid 90s who was smaller in stature but was a helluva receiver for the Herd. Keep it up Smith, and let's go Bison!!!

FIFY (10 char)

td577
10-23-2011, 10:52 PM
Smith is a gamer. He has been improving since day one. Teams were taking his return game serious last year and now have a pretty tough WR to contend with.

The only surprise to me is his success so early. I thought he should have been redshirted to give him an extra year to put weight on. I was thinking a redshirt year and then be the starting RB by his third year in the system. I like the way it is turning out.

stevdock
10-23-2011, 11:22 PM
Smith is a gamer. He has been improving since day one. Teams were taking his return game serious last year and now have a pretty tough WR to contend with.

The only surprise to me is his success so early. I thought he should have been redshirted to give him an extra year to put weight on. I was thinking a redshirt year and then be the starting RB by his third year in the system. I like the way it is turning out.

Completely agree with the redshirt or find a way to get him on the field more last year, i.e. put him in the slot last year.

On the plus side Ryan Smith is MVFC Special Teams Player of the Week. We've gotten this award more times than not this season it seems.

EndZoneQB
10-23-2011, 11:30 PM
Completely agree with the redshirt or find a way to get him on the field more last year, i.e. put him in the slot last year.

On the plus side Ryan Smith is MVFC Special Teams Player of the Week. We've gotten this award more times than not this season it seems.

"Beamer-ball" baby! You make plays on Special Teams and you more often than not win the game...

THEsocalledfan
10-24-2011, 12:42 AM
I'm on board the RSFC! He was a great hs trackster and now he's showing his speed along with ability to catch anything and a grit and determination that I wish every player on this team had...kinda reminds me of Pat Artz (right first name?) back in the early-mid 90s who was smaller in stature but was a helluva receiver for the Herd. Keep it up Smith, and let's go Bison!!!

Kelly Artz. I played against him is high school. He was a phenom at Westhope and walk on at NDSU. Him and Robby Hyland are who won the Mud Bowl with Pitt State.

Gully
10-24-2011, 12:43 AM
Kelly Artz. I played against him is high school. He was a phenom at Westhope and walk on at NDSU. Him and Robby Hyland are who won the Mud Bowl with Pitt State.

Yes, it was Kelly but I belive Pat Artz played for the Herd a bit as well...maybe in the 80s?

344Johnson
10-24-2011, 01:49 AM
I have been a fan of ryan smith since he ran for 400 yards, plus whatever he had receiving against my Jamestown Blue Jays and 6 Td's. his total included a 50 yard catch in man-to-man against yours truly here! He is a really good player. I didn't expect him to be this good in the slightest, he is, a Bison!