PDA

View Full Version : Things Are Back to Normal

CaBisonFan
10-22-2011, 10:11 PM
That was a typical visit to Brookings. Over-all our line play was stronger and better. We pounded away at them until they unraveled. They couldn't run at all. Over-all defensively we were superior. We played it calmly and without taking a lot of chances. We pounded and chiseled away until their defense cracked.

And in the end...the SDSU crowd was silent while the NDSU crowd sounded awesome.

We were the superior team. Played smart for the most part.

Bison Football has returned to Coughlin. People from there who've been around for a while knew it.

I love it.

tojo70
10-22-2011, 10:13 PM
Loved the low mistake game for NDSU. What did we have only 2-3 penalties?

BisonTeacher
10-22-2011, 10:15 PM
It was nice to hear the NDSU crowd more than the SDSU crowd on the webstream.

BTW...what the heck were we thinking attempting a 46 yard field goal into the wind?

IzzyFlexion
10-22-2011, 10:17 PM

BTW...what the heck were we thinking attempting a 46 yard field goal into the wind?

agree.
It was a 4th and 5. Thought we shoulda gone for it.

Ginsbach
10-22-2011, 10:17 PM
Loved the low mistake game for NDSU. What did we have only 2-3 penalties?

I think it was only one - the questionable unsportsmanlike like on Austin Richard.

semobison
10-22-2011, 10:32 PM
Fake punt! Maybe we are saving it!

CaBisonFan
10-22-2011, 10:32 PM

Agree with the first sentence big-time !!

I went crazy when we tried that field goal. Made no sense.

IzzyFlexion
10-22-2011, 10:33 PM
Fake punt! Maybe we are saving it!

It's gonna happen eventually!!!!!

BisonTeacher
10-22-2011, 10:43 PM
It's gonna happen eventually!!!!!

They did have a couple of weird formation shifts on punting plays....you might be right.

westnodak93bison
10-23-2011, 01:20 AM
I think it was only one - the questionable unsportsmanlike like on Austin Richard.

I sure wish he would shut his mouth and play. Refs don't like that kind of attitude and it has earned him a bad reputation with the refs imho.
I often wonder if his reputation got him that damn penalty at EWU last December. :(

UncleBuck
10-23-2011, 01:25 AM
:facepalm2:

HandoEX
10-23-2011, 03:37 PM
The scoreboard definately said we had only one penalty. We will need to keep the discipline going against UNI.

BadlandsBison
10-23-2011, 07:30 PM
The scoreboard definately said we had only one penalty. We will need to keep the discipline going against UNI.

I think there will be some penalties of the 15 yard variety next Saturday. Hopefully not called against us.

Tatanka
10-23-2011, 07:35 PM
I think there will be some penalties of the 15 yard variety next Saturday. Hopefully not called against us.

I just hope the league has the foresight to assign a decent officiating crew to the showdown between its top two teams.

CaBisonFan
10-23-2011, 07:47 PM
I just hope the league has the foresight to assign a decent officiating crew to the showdown between its top two teams.

Ya think maybe Bohl will tell the guys not to return a punch...because we'll get called for it?

A1pigskin
10-23-2011, 09:11 PM
NDSU played good ball the entire game. Go Bison.

CAS4127
10-24-2011, 03:27 PM

????????????? Does anyone know why Richards was getting what I will call "monitored" by first Fuchs and then both Fuchs and Bohl from about mid-way through the 3rd into the 4th until we pulled our starters. After every series Fuchs would meet him at the sidelines and talk literally nose-to-nose with him, and eventually Bohl came over as well. Richards really did not look like he was even paying much attention to what Fuchs was saying, and basically blew Bohl off. Pretty interesting to watch. Richards was really wound up is what I gathered.

BlueBisonRock
10-24-2011, 03:42 PM
????????????? Does anyone know why Richards was getting what I will call "monitored" by first Fuchs and then both Fuchs and Bohl from about mid-way through the 3rd into the 4th until we pulled our starters. After every series Fuchs would meet him at the sidelines and talk literally nose-to-nose with him, and eventually Bohl came over as well. Richards really did not look like he was even paying much attention to what Fuchs was saying, and basically blew Bohl off. Pretty interesting to watch. Richards was really wound up is what I gathered.

I can't answer that question, but it does bring to mind a couple of connections. In the third qtr, an official walked over to Bohl with AR in tow and had a discussion... Later, he was flagged for 15. Any idea as to who or what might be the on the field reason for the discussion or what was behind the 15?

Mr. Burgundy
10-24-2011, 03:54 PM
I worry about Austin as he has not shown the ability to NOT TALK out there. That penalty was questionable, as he baited the SDSU guy into a two handed "jack" but the ref called it on AUstin because Austin wouldn't stop talking. It just gets old. He has a certain rep, deserved or not, he must keep it cool this weekend when the chippy team from Iowa comes knocking. They will challenge him. I love Austin's fire, but he cannot cost us a flag. Love the kid, hope he has a huge game.

CAS4127
10-24-2011, 03:59 PM
I worry about Austin as he has not shown the ability to NOT TALK out there. That penalty was questionable, as he baited the SDSU guy into a two handed "jack" but the ref called it on AUstin because Austin wouldn't stop talking. It just gets old. He has a certain rep, deserved or not, he must keep it cool this weekend when the chippy team from Iowa comes knocking. They will challenge him. I love Austin's fire, but he cannot cost us a flag. Love the kid, hope he has a huge game.

Bingo, Burg. Recall (although you won't like it) the PF call against him in the EWU game when we had the lead and were driving deep in their territory. The EWU linemen grabbed his leg and pulled him down after the play was dead, the ref only saw AR go down on top of EWU linemen, and the call went against Richards. Officials watch at least 3-4 game tapes before a game--do the math.

That said, would like to hear from the coaches or someone in the know exactly what was going on with Richards on Saturday.

Bison bison
10-24-2011, 04:05 PM
I heard he was gnawing on a DT's ear.

SDbison
10-24-2011, 04:07 PM
Do you guys want a soft quiet and calm offensive lineman on the Bison front line or Austin Richard? I might have been an OK guy in person but when I put on the gear I get angry and mean. That is life in the trenches as I played offensve line in college too. Also, I have had other hockey players tell me that I am an OK guy outside of the game, but just too intense on the ice (I get chippy, but don't give cheap shots and don't tolerate them from others). So, thinking about Austin, I bet his demeaner on the field has benefited the line performance more than the couple times it has hurt the team. Play on the offensive line is nasty dirty stuff and if you think different you don't know the game very well.

CAS4127
10-24-2011, 04:11 PM
Do you guys want a soft quiet and calm offensive lineman on the Bison front line or Austin Richard? I might have been an OK guy in person but when I put on the gear I get angry and mean. That is life in the trenches as I played offensve line in college too. Also, I have had other hockey players tell me that I am an OK guy outside of the game, but just too intense on the ice (I get chippy, but don't give cheap shots and don't tolerate them from others). So, thinking about Austin, I bet his demeaner on the field has benefited the line performance more than the couple times it has hurt the team. Play on the offensive line is nasty dirty stuff and if you think different you don't know the game very well.

If my post left the impression that I don't like AR's demeanor and badass attitude, that was not even close to my intent. I actually found it somewhat humerous to watch him being talked to and basically "saying" by his look, "whatever, I want to pisspound those guys, stay out of my way"!!!!

BISONBRI53
10-24-2011, 04:56 PM

I think he has too many "quiestionable" calls like these over the years! He needs to get his head in the game!

Larz
10-24-2011, 05:33 PM
He had his head in the game. The bunnmasters blew his helmet off once. So he was probably egging them on for another. There were plenty of hands to the head by the bunturds, pictures of Juckem and I think Beck getting pretty well placed hand / head shots.

HandoEX
10-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Austin Richard is a badass and I hope he doesn't change a thing. He will have a heck of a test this weekend against Sideshow Bob. Something tells me he'll be up for the task!

PaBizon
10-24-2011, 06:10 PM
Austin Richard is a badass and I hope he doesn't change a thing. He will have a heck of a test this weekend against Sideshow Bob. Something tells me he'll be up for the task!

That whole thing started down by the goal line when AR pancaked the dude (I mean hard) and when the guy tried to retaliate (from his back) he just stayed on top of him until he stopped fighting back. The next play included a similar skirmish. The ref actually talked to both of them at that point and AR kinda gave the ref the "what did I do?" look and I'm guessing tried to explain why he was holding him down. I think he reached his limit when his helmet was torn off his head and drew the hands to the face penalty. Later after the PF was called on him he went back to the ref at the end of the next series to ask him what he did wrong. The coaches began talking to him after the PF series and continued to have discussions with him after he went back to talk to the ref. This is how I remember it playing out but then again I did have a few beers :) He is a highly exciteable individual, but when his fiestiness is controlled it makes him a very very good player which is exactly what the O line will need against UNI. IMO he is the one chance we have to slow down their stud and he's going to need that edge this weekend. Keep being nasty AR!