PDA

View Full Version : UNI Game on FCS Next Week

bri-dog
10-22-2011, 02:07 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted, but I haven't seen it. Just did a search on DirecTv, and UNI/NDSU is on FCS (Channel 617 on DirecTv)...:biggrin:

CaBisonFan
10-22-2011, 02:29 PM
That's great news !! Thanks

tjbison
10-22-2011, 05:16 PM
yep, Valley Game of the Week, SDSU NDSU game last year was the same

TheBisonator
10-22-2011, 05:30 PM
I saw some bizarre commercial that said DirecTV customers will no longer get basically half of the sports channels very soon. (FSN, MLB Network, Speed, a whole bunch more) Is this true??

BisonTeacher
10-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted, but I haven't seen it. Just did a search on DirecTv, and UNI/NDSU is on FCS (Channel 617 on DirecTv)...:biggrin:

You rock. Thanks for posting this. I was trying to figure out a way to watch both games next week because I have gopher tickets. Now I can DVR this game and watch it when I get home.

BisonTeacher
10-22-2011, 05:40 PM
I saw some bizarre commercial that said DirecTV customers will no longer get basically half of the sports channels very soon. (FSN, MLB Network, Speed, a whole bunch more) Is this true??

Directtv is in negotiations with Fox networks right now. We have been getting messages on our guide saying certain channels like FX may go off the air sometime in Nov if they don't reach an agreement.

TheBisonator
10-22-2011, 05:56 PM
Directtv is in negotiations with Fox networks right now. We have been getting messages on our guide saying certain channels like FX may go off the air sometime in Nov if they don't reach an agreement.

The weird thing is that I thought DirecTV was partially owned by NewsCorp (FOX)...

BisonTeacher
10-22-2011, 06:11 PM
The weird thing is that I thought DirecTV was partially owned by NewsCorp (FOX)...

I just called and they said November 1st is the deadline, so that wont affect next saturday's game. I just added the sports pack...Cuz I have HBO it cost $11. Problem solved...thanks again Bri-Dog!!!

bri-dog
10-22-2011, 06:27 PM
No problem -- I'm pretty sure this was posted at the beginning of the year, but I was having trouble finding it, so I thought a reminder was in order.

I also emailed FCS and thanked them for the coverage and told them I hoped to see more of NDSU (rabid fan base, solid team, lack of coverage, etc.) -- I'm sure it won't help, but it can't hurt...

BisonTeacher
10-22-2011, 06:45 PM
No problem -- I'm pretty sure this was posted at the beginning of the year, but I was having trouble finding it, so I thought a reminder was in order.

I also emailed FCS and thanked them for the coverage and told them I hoped to see more of NDSU (rabid fan base, solid team, lack of coverage, etc.) -- I'm sure it won't help, but it can't hurt...

good idea. If they were going to start showing them regularly, I would drop go bison access and keep the Directv sports pack.

Bison81
10-22-2011, 11:57 PM
how about Dish network for UNI

BisonTeacher
10-23-2011, 12:07 AM
Dish network blows.

IzzyFlexion
10-23-2011, 12:33 AM
You rock. Thanks for posting this. I was trying to figure out a way to watch both games next week because I have gopher tickets. Now I can DVR this game and watch it when I get home.

Big women's soccer fan are ya?
I'm assuming you're not going to a Minn FB game.............................................. ...are you??:hide:............................:biggrin:

BisonTeacher
10-23-2011, 12:49 AM
Big women's soccer fan are ya?
I'm assuming you're not going to a Minn FB game.............................................. ...are you??:hide:............................:biggrin:

Unfortunately I am. Me and a bunch of my buddies (also NDSU grads) have had season tickets for years. our wives have been harrassing us to take them to a game, so we slotted this week (Iowa game) as wives day. So...Im not getting out of it. Even though my wife is an NDSU grad/fan (former cheerleader) we will watch it on DVR when we get home.

bri-dog
10-23-2011, 12:51 AM
Unfortunately I am. Me and a bunch of my buddies (also NDSU grads) have had season tickets for years. our wives have been harrassing us to take them to a game, so we slotted this week (Iowa game) as wives day. So...Im not getting out of it. Even though my wife is an NDSU grad/fan (former cheerleader) we will watch it on DVR when we get home.

So, if you don't go -- you don't get harrass?

perthbison
10-23-2011, 12:54 AM
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:you catch on fast Bri-Dog.

BisonTeacher
10-23-2011, 12:58 AM
So, if you don't go -- you don't get harrass?

I think it may be the opposite.

BlueBisonRock
10-23-2011, 06:01 AM

Teach, I am a bit disappointed here. For you and your buds, it would be a 3 to 3.5 hr trip up the road with less on the return (better traffic after the Saturday games). Heck, we know of this one dude (briefly recruited by the band) who drives from Arkansas and others who drive quite a bit further than you would need. And Gopher FB tickets? You pay twice as much for a seat that delivers pain, not pleasure. Take it from this Gopher alum, I would rather be at the cheaper Bison game taking in some excellent football rather than finding one more reason to drink myself to sleep at a Gopher game.

Remember, I have seen you party hardy at the Bison tailgate and you loved it!

Simple and misplaced smack intended only to recruit a treasured alum to come back to real football.

BisonTeacher
10-23-2011, 12:32 PM
Teach, I am a bit disappointed here. For you and your buds, it would be a 3 to 3.5 hr trip up the road with less on the return (better traffic after the Saturday games). Heck, we know of this one dude (briefly recruited by the band) who drives from Arkansas and others who drive quite a bit further than you would need. And Gopher FB tickets? You pay twice as much for a seat that delivers pain, not pleasure. Take it from this Gopher alum, I would rather be at the cheaper Bison game taking in some excellent football rather than finding one more reason to drink myself to sleep at a Gopher game.

Remember, I have seen you party hardy at the Bison tailgate and you loved it!

Simple and misplaced smack intended only to recruit a treasured alum to come back to real football.

I know I know. Sorry. I wish I could. God I hate that drive. I try to make a few games a year. Watch the rest on GoBison.

Gully
10-23-2011, 12:35 PM
Rock,

I've known him for years, he's fooled with with his charm. He's actually a closet Firetruck fan, I'm sure of it.

BisonTeacher
10-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Rock,

I've known him for years, he's fooled with with his charm. He's actually a closet Firetruck fan, I'm sure of it.

I don't even know what that means!!! :) No, really.

BisonTeacher
10-23-2011, 01:20 PM

And....My 50 yard line front row seats on the visitor sideline have come in pretty handy for a couple games over the past few years. (See pic below)

THEsocalledfan
10-23-2011, 01:27 PM
And....My 50 yard line front row seats on the visitor sideline have come in pretty handy for a couple games over the past few years. (See pic below)

My goodness...and I thought we had a good turnout....