PDA

View Full Version : Marcus williams

unbison
10-20-2011, 11:26 AM
Since they don't throw to his side and we saw last week whAt he can do with the ball in his hands ...... Add to it he wanted to play 2 sports when he got here..... Would love to see him on the end of some Brock Jensen passes

tjbison
10-20-2011, 11:49 AM
Yeah he is a playmaker, but he is also doing his job by them not throwing his way, I have a feeling the RSFR QB this weekend will screw up and toss a couple his way that go bad for the Jacks

MNLonghorn10
10-20-2011, 12:08 PM
We all need to relax and realize puttin this guy in a wr is f'in stupid

344Johnson
10-20-2011, 12:44 PM

I'm not sure giving him a few plays here and there is that bad. I believe it was Chris Gamble from Ohio State who played in almost every single play of their National Title over Miami, it is not as if some guys haven't played both sides a little before.

HandoEX
10-20-2011, 12:59 PM
I don't see what the problem would be with MWill at WR. He was a super star receiver at Hopkins. Would be awesome to see. Doesn't seem like Bohl's style, but he's surpised us with plenty of other unpredictable moves lately.

gotts
10-20-2011, 01:50 PM

Maybe not. We might not lose 52-10, but 52-17. It might be worth it.

moosbah
10-20-2011, 01:52 PM
There's no need to mess with his play right now. He's invaluable at dback and showed what he can do on kick return. We have good enough receivers that we don't need to risk wearing out MWill on offense.

THEsocalledfan
10-20-2011, 01:53 PM
I think if you use him, you use him much like Shamen Washington. Keep it limited, and mainly do rushing plays with him (like end arounds) and if he succeeds, he becomes an excellent decoy if you just throw him out there every now and then.

I would be very leary to go beyond that. He is a star CB; keep it that way.

tjbison
10-20-2011, 01:59 PM
maybe not. We might not lose 52-10, but 52-17. It might be worth it.

lose???????

MNLonghorn10
10-20-2011, 02:00 PM
Maybe not. We might not lose 52-10, but 52-17. It might be worth it.
62-3. williams gets tired, other team takes advantage

tcbison
10-20-2011, 02:41 PM
I don't see what the problem would be with MWill at WR. He was a super star receiver at Hopkins. Would be awesome to see. Doesn't seem like Bohl's style, but he's surpised us with plenty of other unpredictable moves lately.

Agreed. I think you could use him in certain situations like they did on the return against Missouri State. NDSU could use Marcus Williams like Michigan used Charles Woodson. He was full-time CB, part-time KR in big games, and part-time WR at times as well. Plus, he could provide a huge spark that we might need from time to time. I don't Marcus should ever be full-time KR and WR but in big games I think that he could be used to help the team.

bisonmike2
10-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Agreed. I think you could use him in certain situations like they did on the return against Missouri State. NDSU could use Marcus Williams like Michigan used Charles Woodson. He was full-time CB, part-time KR in big games, and part-time WR at times as well. Plus, he could provide a huge spark that we might need from time to time. I don't Marcus should ever be full-time KR and WR but in big games I think that he could be used to help the team.

I agree with this statement.

Bison bison
10-20-2011, 04:00 PM
one word: wildcat.

Tatanka
10-20-2011, 04:05 PM

As long as he's not used like Bobby Boucher in the last 20 minutes of The Waterboy then I'm ok. Just want to make sure he's rested enough to continue to be effective at his primary position.

PaBizon
10-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Please only in special situations (playoffs, late in a game if behind). They are not that deep at the cb position and I believe his back up would have to have his redshirt pulled if he plays. Keep him healthy cause if he gets hurt the defense will be in trouble.

CAS4127
10-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Please only in special situations (playoffs, late in a game if behind). They are not that deep at the cb position and I believe his back up would have to have his redshirt pulled if he plays. Keep him healthy cause if he gets hurt the defense will be in trouble.

I hope to God you are not suggesting MWill is "clutch"!!!!

Scooter1
10-20-2011, 05:30 PM
I totally agree that Marcus Williams should be used on offense.
For crying out loud, the simple fact that Marcus has long hair is reason enough for me (and apparently, writers at the Forum).
Athletes with long hair never get tired...it is a fact.
If he would have been used in the SIU game, Brock Jensen would have been able to stand in the pocket all day...
because Marcus would have been quadrupal covered.
Hell, we would probably be 7-0 right now instead of 6-0.
Just think of how awesome Brock Jensen's stats would be if Marcus was on offense....
even the passes that he threw away into the stands would have been completed.
Holy Shit....what if Brock Jensen had long hair......
Holy Shit, Shit...what if the 80% of the team that doesn't have long hair grew theirs out....
SDSU and UNI would probably forfeit.
COME on GUYS....LET'S do THIS!!!!:)

bendixson
10-20-2011, 05:37 PM
The only way I would use him on offense is for a couple special plays. Running a WR middle screen with williams behind a bunch of blockers would be an example. Otherwise let him rest and continue to shut down the opposing teams best player.

roadwarrior
10-20-2011, 06:36 PM
Coach Bohl addressed this at the Teammaker lunch today. The answer was no.

Bison bison
10-20-2011, 06:55 PM
I think we should let Marcus call the offense!

CaBisonFan
10-20-2011, 06:57 PM
I hope to God you are not suggesting MWill is "clutch"!!!!

Not possible. Players are given physical abilities and their attitude makes no difference. Different situations and different types of games make no difference. It can be measured purely by the stats...http://www.pic4ever.com/images/bb7.gif

Bison"FANatic"
10-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Not possible. Players are given physical abilities and their attitude makes no difference. Different situations and different types of games make no difference. It can be measured purely by the stats...http://www.pic4ever.com/images/bb7.gif

Of course, the world is black and white there is no gray. We are all just a statistic away from death.

ndsubison1
10-21-2011, 02:16 AM
marcus williams for president!

JSUBison
10-21-2011, 03:17 AM
Why isn't Marcus being mentioned as a Buchanan Award candidate?

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/fcsawards/index.aspx

BlueBisonRock
10-21-2011, 04:03 AM

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/fcsawards/index.aspx

Another question might be "Why are a number of the folks on that list still on that list?"

semobison
10-21-2011, 11:59 AM
I totally agree that Marcus Williams should be used on offense.
For crying out loud, the simple fact that Marcus has long hair is reason enough for me (and apparently, writers at the Forum).
Athletes with long hair never get tired...it is a fact.
If he would have been used in the SIU game, Brock Jensen would have been able to stand in the pocket all day...
because Marcus would have been quadrupal covered.
Hell, we would probably be 7-0 right now instead of 6-0.
Just think of how awesome Brock Jensen's stats would be if Marcus was on offense....
even the passes that he threw away into the stands would have been completed.
Holy Shit....what if Brock Jensen had long hair......
Holy Shit, Shit...what if the 80% of the team that doesn't have long hair grew theirs out....
SDSU and UNI would probably forfeit.
COME on GUYS....LET'S do THIS!!!!:)

Good stuff! Why didnt sombody come up with this sooner! Holy shit!

Tatanka
10-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Good stuff! Why didnt sombody come up with this sooner! Holy shit!

If our team all grew long hair and giant mustaches, they would be undefeatable. Wait.

tony
10-21-2011, 01:18 PM

Good question... early in the season though.

2011 Champions
10-21-2011, 01:25 PM
I have heard the he and our WR Terrell Sinkfield are buddies. I wish they would have come to UNI as a packaged deal. Williams is a stud.

344Johnson
10-21-2011, 01:48 PM
I have heard the he and our WR Terrell Sinkfield are buddies. I wish they would have come to UNI as a packaged deal. Williams is a stud.

He can probably throw it better than Rennie can too!

Twentysix
10-21-2011, 08:59 PM

Ive been saying that for weeks.. Ive even emailed tsn.... They may only want to give the award to JR or SR's, which is bs imo.

MontBison
10-21-2011, 09:13 PM
Ive been saying that for weeks.. Ive even emailed tsn.... They may only want to give the award to JR or SR's, which is bs imo.

Dmac is a sophomore :biggrin:

Twentysix
10-21-2011, 09:23 PM
Dmac is a sophomore :biggrin:

So is shakir bell.

Bison"FANatic"
10-21-2011, 09:37 PM
So is shakir bell.

That I did not want to hear.

Strommer10
10-22-2011, 07:17 AM
That I did not want to hear.

Agreed, but hopefully we can find a way to slow him down. I guess injuring him has been the only way, right UNI?... :innocent:

17>1
10-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Agreed, but hopefully we can find a way to slow him down. I guess injuring him has been the only way, right UNI?... :innocent:

Reminds me of a time the Bison played EWU who had a running back named Taiwan Jones.

unbison
11-08-2011, 02:14 AM
[QUOTE=unbison;541673]Since they don't throw to his side and we saw last week whAt he can do with the ball in his hands ...... Add to it he wanted to play 2 sports when he got here..... Would love to see him on the end of some Brock Jensen passes[/QUOTE
Sounds as if it may not be fn stupid

CaBisonFan
11-08-2011, 02:29 AM
Play MWill wherever he wants to play.