PDA

View Full Version : It's a Swany Civil War PII (2011 edition)

99Bison
10-20-2011, 03:52 AM
In case you haven't yet seen this in print...

North (Dakota State) versus South (Dakota State): It's a Swany Civil War

"Being a Bison fan is a big part of life in the Swanson family. Just like agriculture, North Viking Lutheran Church, and big family celebrations for birthdays and holidays. Nowhere was this more true than for myself and my twin brother, Justin. The Swany brothers have been diehard Bison fans since we were womb-mates back in the early 80s. The option was in, disco was out, and Ronald Reagan had the Soviets on the ropes.

Sadly, I now refer to that bygone era as the good old days because the option is out, replaced by the wildcat; Lady Gaga is in, taking discos place as the “can you really call that stuff music” craze of the day; and instead of red lurking around every corner it’s full body scans at the airport. But these changes pale in comparison to the change that has me saddest – and maddest – of all. "

http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=719

bisoningrandforks
10-20-2011, 04:06 AM
what a story! awesome swany!

56BISON73
10-20-2011, 04:18 AM
Thats good stuff.

NorthernBison
10-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Truth can be stranger than fiction. There are days I feel sorry for Justin. Then I have another beer.

bajadanny
10-20-2011, 01:40 PM
He needs to read some more about Reagan.

GO BIZON

Bison bison
10-20-2011, 01:45 PM
Truth can be stranger than fiction. There are days I feel sorry for Justin. Then I have another beer.

you were going to have another beer anyways.

tony
10-20-2011, 03:06 PM
Back before he went all Benedict Arnold on us. Back before the Turf and Chubs were replaced with Cubby’s, before his NDSU undergrad and masters degrees hung in SDSU frames with the “North” crossed out, replaced in blue crayon with the word “South.”

hahahaahahahaa!