PDA

View Full Version : Hoak Media protest idea...

HerdBot
10-18-2011, 07:13 PM
This is the best time to jump on KVLY and Hoak media about no HD cameras since another TV personality just left.

Why Hoak Media sucks.
1) combined 2 news broadcasts into 1
2) no HD for Directv customers
3) losing long time news anchors and cutting jobs
4) no HD cameras for Bison games
5) constant battles with cable and satellite companies over contracts

I say we should start a Facebook page called "Better TV For Fargo Moorhead " and list those reasons why they suck. That way it doesn't look like a single issue over non HD for Bison games and those other issues are important

We could include email addresses to the President of Hoak and put some pressure on them to treat Fargo like a bigger market. One would think they could take some money they are saving and give us HD.
Anyone ever start a Facebook page?

If someone can do something quickly, I would be willing to bet the media will jump on it.

BISONBRI53
10-18-2011, 07:29 PM
Go on your Facebook wall and find create a page. Done!

Twentysix
10-18-2011, 07:42 PM
This is the best time to jump on KVLY and Hoak media about no HD cameras since another TV personality just left.

Why Hoak Media sucks.

I say we should start a Facebook page called "Better TV For Fargo Moorhead " and list those reasons why they suck. That way it doesn't look like a single issue over non HD for Bison games and those other issues are important

We could include email addresses to the President of Hoak and put some pressure on them to treat Fargo like a bigger market. One would think they could take some money they are saving and give us HD.

If someone can do something quickly, I would be willing to bet the media will jump on it.

How about instead of being worthless and protesting, you get off your entitled ass and start your own television company.

Do it the american way and unseat them if their product is inferior. So sick of these old people living off the social security I am paying for. Your money is long gone, worthless leaches.

:frog:

EndZoneQB
10-18-2011, 07:45 PM

Why Hoak Media sucks.

Don't even bring the Bison into this...make it about no HD PERIOD. Cite examples of locally owned places in Bismarck and Minot that have HD media...

HerdBot
10-18-2011, 07:47 PM
How about instead of being worthless and protesting, you get off your entitled ass and start your own television company.

Do it the american way and unseat them if their product is inferior.

For those of you who are not familiar. Purple = sarcasm
That would be awesome if I could round up some money but hey, if I had cash like that the BSA would be done already!

HerdBot
10-18-2011, 07:48 PM
Don't even bring the Bison into this...make it about no HD PERIOD. Cite examples of locally owned places in Bismarck and Minot that have HD media...

KVLY is in HD over the air, cable, and dish. I think they are.

EndZoneQB
10-18-2011, 07:49 PM
KVLY is in HD over the air, cable, and dish. I think they are.

Yeah for regular programming. I'm talking about the News and anything locally produced.

Twentysix
10-18-2011, 07:50 PM
KVLY has been HD for years.

Their news casts and sports broadcasts are the only things that are not HD.

EndZoneQB
10-18-2011, 07:59 PM
KVLY has been HD for years.

Their news casts and sports broadcasts are the only things that are not HD.

Because they have nothing to do with converting it or anything. They just share the feed...and I'm sure it's required. It's 2011, we live in a large city, we should have HD news and HD sports.

Twentysix
10-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Because they have nothing to do with converting it or anything. They just share the feed...and I'm sure it's required. It's 2011, we live in a large city, we should have HD news and HD sports.

I believe it was required by law around the mid 2000's.

I remember the bismarck news studio making a stink about it in the very early 2000's cause they werent going to be able to afford it.

Broadcasting digital as opposed to analong that is. I think the equipment involved in digital encoding etc is pretty expensive.

But the bandwidth that digital takes in comparison to analog is miniscule.

Herd Mentality
10-18-2011, 09:43 PM
There are certain personalities that you do not want to see in HD....Robin Huebner is one of them.

Ginsbach
10-18-2011, 10:05 PM
There are certain personalities that you do not want to see in HD....Robin Huebner is one of them.

I remember her coming to my elementary school when I was a 4th grader and she looked just like she did on TV. Of course, this was 1997, but still.

SamsRams
10-18-2011, 10:13 PM
worst sticky of all time!

FarSouth Bison
10-18-2011, 11:06 PM
Isn't this where Hammer collects a check? If so I'm all for it.

SUBISON247
10-19-2011, 12:36 AM
Occupy Valley News!!

unbison
10-19-2011, 01:42 AM
Cmon Minot hoak media has hd news this is fricking joke that Fargo does not