PDA

View Full Version : student tickets for UNI game. why not start letting them be reserved THIS week?

HerdBot
10-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Typically they put student tickets on sale the Monday of game week. Since the UNI game is going to be one of the biggest games in years, why not start early? Time is the best marketing tool. Need to get the students thinking ahead. Its probably going to be cold and late season games are usually less attended by students. All it takes is a banner on the NDSU websites, a sign in the union, and an email blast saying "tickets to the game go on sale early, Friday. "

gotts
10-18-2011, 02:02 PM
Typically they put student tickets on sale the Monday of game week. Since the UNI game is going to be one of the biggest games in years, why not start early? Time is the best marketing tool. Need to get the students thinking ahead. Its probably going to be cold and late season games are usually less attended by students. All it takes is a banner on the NDSU websites, a sign in the union, and an email blast saying "tickets to the game go on sale early, Friday. "

You have so many ideas. Why not work for the marketing department?

Twentysix
10-18-2011, 03:22 PM

If people cant click a button on a website over the course of 5 days, they arent gonna get it done over the course of 10 days. It litterally takes 9 seconds to get a student ticket. Starting to advertise the game early would be good though.

TAILG8R
10-18-2011, 03:36 PM
Over under on how many days until "There are not enough student tickets, open more sections to the students!" rants start?

Ross
10-18-2011, 03:46 PM
Over under on how many days until "There are not enough student tickets, open more sections to the students!" rants start?

Next Wednesday.

TAILG8R
10-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Let's say it 2:00 PM wednesday, I'll take the under.

Twentysix
10-18-2011, 03:52 PM
Wont happen. Only for homecoming.

Bison"FANatic"
10-18-2011, 03:54 PM
The thing is and in my opinion out of respect for the players that are students. The players don't need to be bombarded with emails and other marketing that is also going out to all the students including them about UNI when they have to have SDSU on their minds. Wait until the SDSU game is done before you start looking ahead to the next game marketing wise. If the students don't get it next week that the UNI game is a big game they are not going to get it this week. Just my .02

aces1180
10-18-2011, 04:39 PM
Wont happen. Only for homecoming.

Actually, it happened more than a few times back in 2007...

HerdBot
10-18-2011, 04:54 PM
You have so many ideas. Why not work for the marketing department?

I was in marketing for many years. I would rather float ideas around for free because they couldn't afford me!

HerdBot
10-18-2011, 04:59 PM
If people cant click a button on a website over the course of 5 days, they arent gonna get it done over the course of 10 days. It litterally takes 9 seconds to get a student ticket. Starting to advertise the game early would be good though.

Word of mouth is the best advertising and the best way to get people talking about it is to get the tickets on sale faster. It creates the impression its a big game thats everyone wants to go to and creates a sense of urgency. Next week in Thursday when there are only 2 days left until gametime and only 2,000 tickets are left, they will wish they had an extra day or 2 to use. Otherwise DjKyro is going to have to be cruising through campus freezing his nuts off with frozen snot stuck to his nose Dumb and Dumber style.

Twentysix
10-18-2011, 05:01 PM
Actually, it happened more than a few times back in 2007...

In 2007 they didnt even have student tickets. Just lined up and showed ID's... you are full of poo.

Edited for childrens eyes.

TAILG8R
10-18-2011, 05:04 PM
In 2007 they didnt even have student tickets. You are full of sh!t....

You serious Clark?

Twentysix
10-18-2011, 05:07 PM
You serious Clark?

:facepalm:

Ross
10-18-2011, 05:08 PM
They didn't have actual "student tickets" in 2007... but if you were one of the first 4000 or so students in line, you got into the game with a swipe of your student ID card.

Twentysix
10-18-2011, 05:12 PM
They didn't have actual "student tickets" in 2007... but if you were one of the first 4000 or so students in line, you got into the game with a swipe of your student ID card.

Games after homecoming in 2007

SUU: 15,700 was totally dead.

ISUr: 18,000

I doubt you will see the student section even at 100% capacity for UNI, maybe 85-90%. I do however expect GA to be 100% packed.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2449/year/2007/north-dakota-state-bison

Attendances are listed at the bottom of the box score.

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics16/640/YV/YVDXHKTRSDGNTJZ.20071124164236.jpg

Thats the ISUr game, best attended post homecoming game in 07.

No pictures of the SUU game crowd.

gotts
10-18-2011, 05:18 PM
I was in marketing for many years. I would rather float ideas around for free because they couldn't afford me!

You're right. Going from $0 budget to 3 cans of Alpo per week is really going to drain the coffers. Good thinking!

BigBison
10-18-2011, 05:19 PM
ONE GAME AT A TIME!!

Halloween weekend might be a good weekend and a rowdy student section.

Biggest student section I've ever seen was the first game of the 2008 season and homecoming 2011. 2007 had some good one too,IIRC.

4mcruenomore
10-18-2011, 05:20 PM
We really need some more threads about student tickets, there aren't enough.

Twentysix
10-18-2011, 05:21 PM
We really need some more threads about student tickets, there aren't enough.

It doesnt yet rival espn360.

gotts
10-18-2011, 05:24 PM
Hey guys, make sure to check out the new thread I started that explains the workaround for accessing ESPN 360 to bitch about student tickets. I put it in the football section because no one reads any other forums.

Twentysix
10-18-2011, 05:29 PM
Hey guys, make sure to check out the new thread I started that explains the workaround for accessing ESPN 360 to bitch about student tickets. I put it in the football section because no one reads any other forums.

Link ?

bisonhp330
10-18-2011, 07:15 PM
how about they are reserved and as a requirement the students have to stay for the WHOLE game......not bail at halftime. And this should apply to the rest of the crowd- blowout or not that was pathetic last week- there couldnt have been 4000 people left midway through the 4th quarter. I was in my seat until the final whistle- just like every game.

HerdBot
10-18-2011, 07:38 PM
how about they are reserved and as a requirement the students have to stay for the WHOLE game......not bail at halftime. And this should apply to the rest of the crowd- blowout or not that was pathetic last week- there couldnt have been 4000 people left midway through the 4th quarter. I was in my seat until the final whistle- just like every game.

They have been decent at sticking around. If they have fun and enjoy themselves they stay for the entire game. Thats why its important to have all the other activities that some people are annoyed at.