PDA

View Full Version : Gameplan vs SDSU

ndsubison1
10-18-2011, 01:18 AM
What's the gameplan for both sides of the ball vs sdsu? I think we get aggressive offensively like we did vs Minnesota and open it up early. defensively I think we should pressure sumner early and often. make him make quick decisions

KTF
10-18-2011, 01:29 AM
What's the gameplan for both sides of the ball vs sdsu? I think we get aggressive offensively like we did vs Minnesota and open it up early. defensively I think we should pressure sumner early and often. make him make quick decisions Sorry!! can't stop myself.... stop SDSU from scoring and score as many times as we can...

CaBisonFan
10-18-2011, 01:42 AM
I think that it will look something like this past weekend. Not sure what defensive alignment SDSU uses...but if we don't pass on first down some we're screwed. The Wabbits are used to us running on every first down. 'Tis the era of the short passing game to allow the running game to function. I really have no opinion about our defense. How about this...beat the shit out of them?

ndbj52
10-18-2011, 03:43 AM
pretty much kick their ass in all 3 phases of the game... offense defense and special teams

344Johnson
10-18-2011, 03:45 AM
Score points.
Stop them from scoring as often/more than us.
No stupid penalties.
Marcus Williams.

ndsubison1
10-18-2011, 03:48 AM
Lots of useful information in this thread

NDSUFan_Sav
10-18-2011, 03:58 AM
Mix it up a lot on D and throw a lot of different things at them and bring the heat. NOOOO mistakes on special teams. Protect the ball on offense but I agree open things up like we did against Minnesota, imo I try to open up the passing game to open up the running game and not the other way around. They know we can run...also I wouldn't mind a flee flicker like we did 2 weeks ago. Have to get out on them early and not look back.

gotts
10-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Strike quick on offense and do not allow the Jacks to gain any momentum.

I'd like to see Ryan Smith get at least 8-10 touches on offense. Get creative with the playbook (hard to do with Vigen, I know).

Lockdown the passing game until SDSU can show reasonable gains on the ground.

bisontown
10-18-2011, 02:24 PM
Play Marcus Williams

bisonsupporter
10-18-2011, 03:27 PM
SDSU is a pass happy team. So why wouldn't we run the ball to control the game? I say we pound the ball, use play action to keep the LB's & Safties honest. Lets control the clock. I wouldn't want us to get into a shootout with a team that really has nothing to play for.

cbline
10-18-2011, 03:30 PM
Plan: kick ass, take names, grab the Marker, leave town.

semobison
10-18-2011, 03:36 PM
SDSU is a pass happy team. So why wouldn't we run the ball to control the game? I say we pound the ball, use play action to keep the LB's & Safties honest. Lets control the clock. I wouldn't want us to get into a shootout with a team that really has nothing to play for.

I just dont understand why we still have people that think we can just pound the ball in this conference! IMO that may lead to a bunch of 3 and outs (see SIU game)! We need to keep the Jacks off balance, keep the defense guessing! I loved our offense against MSU! The quick sideline passes early set up the run! We ended up with over 200 yards on the ground and thru the air! We have a hot QB! Lets let him operate a little!

THEsocalledfan
10-18-2011, 03:42 PM
My gameplan:

1. Start Marcus Williams at QB and just tell him to do what he wants.
2. Have Marcus Williams on every punt and kickoff return.
3. Have Marcus Willaims play CB like he always does.

We win 77-0 with this gameplan.

bisonsupporter
10-18-2011, 03:42 PM
I just dont understand why we still have people that think we can just pound the ball in this conference! IMO opinion that may lead to a bunch of 3 and outs (see SIU game)! We need to keep the Jacks off balance, keep the defense guessing! I loved our offense against MSU! The quick sideline passes early set up the run! We ended up with over 200 yards on the ground and thru the air! We have a hot QB! Lets let him operate a little!

SIU has a run defense, SDSU does not. SDSU is letting an average of 200 rushing yards per game. I think if we get into a shootout with them (quick scores-pass happy) we are messing with fire.

Ross
10-18-2011, 03:44 PM

Since this has worked the last 3 times in Brookings so well?

I agree with semobison, let Jensen toss the rock a little! The Defense will give the Bunnies the business.

RowdyRabbit
10-18-2011, 03:51 PM
1. Enter CAS.
2. ?
3. Go home losers.

Nah, SDSU run defense has been horrible, so run the ball.

Defense also has a knack for giving up HUGE pass plays where the DB/safeties bite on the run, leaving WR's alone for a bomb , so run a play action or six and you may bite us too.

I'm afraid of what Marcus Williams may do.

All that said:

Bison 30
Rabbits 33

Tatanka
10-18-2011, 03:55 PM
All that said:

Bison 30
Rabbits 33

I think the "3" key on your keyboard is stuck. you may want to get that checked out.

gotts
10-18-2011, 03:57 PM
I think the "3" key on your keyboard is stuck. you may want to get that checked out.

Formatting error.

I'm sure he meant

Bison 303
Rabbits 3

bisoningrandforks
10-18-2011, 04:14 PM
first and foremost....PLAY WITH EMOTION......this team can run or pass...don't get too conservative....there were times in the past in Brookings and in Grand forks we didnt play with any emotion had the better team and layed an egg....they played us like it was there super bowl...

bisonsupporter
10-18-2011, 04:22 PM
hopefully we are not looking ahead to next week and UNI.

THEsocalledfan
10-18-2011, 04:28 PM
hopefully we are not looking ahead to next week and UNI.

They sure as hell better not. If I was a coach, I would show a video of highlights from all the classic choke jobs in Brookings. As bad as teh 2007 choke job was, my personal favorite is still how NDSU melted down in 1997 the week after crushing UND in El Forko Grando. (on-side kick game to start the second half and origin of the "Bob's got balls chant") I did get to see Adam Vinetari hit a 60 yard field goal during that game, but we went home LOSERS.

NDSUstudent
10-18-2011, 04:30 PM
How does a team look past its one and only rivalry game?

CAS4127
10-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Coaches can preach no letdown and no looking past the Wabbits--senior or other leadership is what really gets it done tho, IMO!!

bisonsupporter
10-18-2011, 04:33 PM
How does a team look past its one and only rivalry game?

UNI is becoming a rivalry.

semobison
10-18-2011, 04:34 PM
They sure as hell better not. If I was a coach, I would show a video of highlights from all the classic choke jobs in Brookings. As bad as teh 2007 choke job was, my personal favorite is still how NDSU melted down in 1997 the week after crushing UND in El Forko Grando. (on-side kick game to start the second half and origin of the "Bob's got balls chant") I did get to see Adam Vinetari hit a 60 yard field goal during that game, but we went home LOSERS.

That was the last time I went down to Brookings! We finished 9-3, the Jacks went 4-6!

Theee Catrabbit
10-18-2011, 04:43 PM
I think you can start gameplanning for UNI. Just back your punt returner up an extra 5-10 yards and you should be good. Good game plan! BREAK!

bisonmike2
10-18-2011, 05:01 PM
I think you can start gameplanning for UNI. Just back your punt returner up an extra 5-10 yards and you should be good. Good game plan! BREAK!

Not falling for that one this time. I wouldn't put it past ol' sneaky Stig to tank this season, to make his team look so inept, just to a lull the Bison into a false sense of confidence then, bam! You unleash a flurry of game planning genius and athletic execution. I bet T O'B never really quit the team. He's just been training in secret to prepare for this one game. He's going to make a WWE like return to the Bison/Rabbit game. Maybe the lights go dark and his theme song* starts playing. Annoucers going crazy. "Oh my lord! Is that? Is that who I think it is! Oh my God it's Thomas O'Brien taking the field! Unbelievable!" Bohl gets shaken, can't regain his composure. Our game plan goes to hell and you guys keep your winning streak against us at CAS. Nope, not falling for it. No mercy! Sweep the leg!

*what his theme song is, I"m not sure but maybe something by Justin Bieber, The Hanson's Mmm Bop or the Benny Hill Theme song.

HerdBot
10-18-2011, 05:13 PM
What's the gameplan for both sides of the ball vs sdsu? I think we get aggressive offensively like we did vs Minnesota and open it up early. defensively I think we should pressure sumner early and often. make him make quick decisions

I would be willing to bet the coaching staff wants to keep the game plan top secret. For that reason this is a silly thread.

But I would imagine John Madden says they need to run the ball and stop the run and then stop the pass and don't let them score more points than us.

gotts
10-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Not falling for that one this time. I wouldn't put it past ol' sneaky Stig to tank this season, to make his team look so inept, just to a lull the Bison into a false sense of confidence then, bam! You unleash a flurry of game planning genius and athletic execution. I bet T O'B never really quit the team. He's just been training in secret to prepare for this one game. He's going to make a WWE like return to the Bison/Rabbit game. Maybe the lights go dark and his theme song* starts playing. Annoucers going crazy. "Oh my lord! Is that? Is that who I think it is! Oh my God it's Thomas O'Brien taking the field! Unbelievable!" Bohl gets shaken, can't regain his composure. Our game plan goes to hell and you guys keep your winning streak against us at CAS. Nope, not falling for it. No mercy! Sweep the leg!

*what his theme song is, I"m not sure but maybe something by Justin Bieber, The Hanson's Mmm Bop or the Benny Hill Theme song.

Just in case, the sideline should have plenty of folding chairs available.

THEsocalledfan
10-18-2011, 05:25 PM

Smoke on the Water?

MNLonghorn10
10-18-2011, 05:34 PM
UNI is becoming a rivalry.
jesus no its not. ndsu hasn't even won a game against them since being in the mvc, and frankly..theyve kicked our asses all games so far.

bisonmike2
10-18-2011, 05:58 PM
jesus no its not. ndsu hasn't even won a game against them since being in the mvc, and frankly..theyve kicked our asses all games so far.

So it's like how Nebraska thought it was rivals with Texas?

MNLonghorn10
10-18-2011, 06:05 PM
So it's like how Nebraska thought it was rivals with Texas?
pretty much every college in america...except minnesota. they have scoreboard on texas..f'ers

SDbison
10-18-2011, 06:25 PM
Wow, I was sure this thread was about NDSU's game plan versus SDSU.

SDbison
10-18-2011, 06:40 PM
OK trying a post again since the one I wrote an hour or two ago got deleted accidently just before I posted it.
1. NDSU's defense needs to blitz often to get SDSU's young QB in trouble. Also, don't give 10 yard cushions on the corners. Play aggressive and put a hurt on the bunny turds.
2. On offense NDSU has to be equally as aggressive. Playing conservative will only allow SDSU to have a chance of winning the game. NDSU has better athletes.......use them Vigen! Also throw in some two tight end sets, use of the slot back and even some 3 and 4 wide receiver formations. Pass when the bunnys are close to 100% sure the Bison are running.
3. No slow start! Get the Bison players pumped up with some opportunistic plays to start the game. Take the Brookings hunting and fishing crowd out of the game early so that they wish they were there instead.
4. For God's sake play like you are the better team NDSU. The bunnies should look and feel like they are on the wrong field. Time to see some NDSU confidence and execution.
5. Win big. Make a statement that NDSU can clobber a team on the road. It's about time!

Twentysix
10-18-2011, 07:54 PM
Wow, I was sure this thread was about NDSU's game plan versus SDSU.

I thought this thread was about everyones experience at noodles and co?

56BISON73
10-18-2011, 07:57 PM
I thought this thread was about everyones experience at noodles and co?

Hevent eaten there yet. Is it any good?

Twentysix
10-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Hevent eaten there yet. Is it any good?

Eh, you could make everything there at home... but its pretty good.

17>1
10-18-2011, 10:19 PM

I was at that game as well. I've often wondered what year it was that we were at that game, but the mystery is solved. I remember going to the UND game the week before, and after that game, made heading south a no brainer. I don't remember many details of the game, just how it ended. IIRC, SDSU threw a pass into the endzone, and FS Albert Gibson (#7, a good friend of mine) tipped it into the air and their receiver came down with it. Boy were we upset on that drive home. I've gone down there 3 times and have yet to see the Bison win.

KilldeerBison
10-18-2011, 10:44 PM
OK trying a post again since the one I wrote an hour or two ago got deleted accidently just before I posted it.
1. NDSU's defense needs to blitz often to get SDSU's young QB in trouble. Also, don't give 10 yard cushions on the corners. Play aggressive and put a hurt on the bunny turds.
2. On offense NDSU has to be equally as aggressive. Playing conservative will only allow SDSU to have a chance of winning the game. NDSU has better athletes.......use them Vigen! Also throw in some two tight end sets, use of the slot back and even some 3 and 4 wide receiver formations. Pass when the bunnys are close to 100% sure the Bison are running. 3. No slow start! Get the Bison players pumped up with some opportunistic plays to start the game. Take the Brookings hunting and fishing crowd out of the game early so that they wish they were there instead.
4. For God's sake play like you are the better team NDSU. The bunnies should look and feel like they are on the wrong field. Time to see some NDSU confidence and execution.
5. Win big. Make a statement that NDSU can clobber a team on the road. It's about time!

Good ideas, I especially like our chances to throw deep off play action. GO BISON!

ndsubison1
10-18-2011, 10:53 PM
I would be willing to bet the coaching staff wants to keep the game plan top secret. For that reason this is a silly thread.

But I would imagine John Madden says they need to run the ball and stop the run and then stop the pass and don't let them score more points than us.

yup its silly for fans to discuss our own opinions of our teams gameplan for a game. cuz this is where the sdsu coaches will be trying to look for tips and scout us :rolleyes instead lets talk about sobriety check points and why recruits 40 times determine how good of a player they are. maybe it will distract other coaches from reading this thread

344Johnson
10-18-2011, 11:22 PM

Shouldn't the Jacks look like they are on the right field? Playing in front of a small crowd of supporters, while the guys they are lined up against(Bison) look like they should be playing somewhere else?

bisonhp330
10-18-2011, 11:29 PM
1. Block
2. Tackle
3. Run
4. Catch

not necessarily in that order. Repeat as necessary.

Bisonfan1
10-19-2011, 01:07 AM
1. Block
2. Tackle
3. Run
4. Catch

not necessarily in that order. Repeat as necessary.

Most brilliant post EVER !! as everyone knows in all of D1 football that Bisonvillers are the ultimate authority on everything football, if they read Bisonville they will have our game plan each and every game. This should be the standard answear PERIOD ! if this comes up ever again, this and only this should be posted. I love the fact if they repeat not necessarily in that order, they will be all screwed up, and it will be a blowout ! Great job bisonhp330, remember, " loose lips, sinks ships ! " :D BTW - I am really serious that this should be the only thing posted.

SDbison
10-19-2011, 03:05 AM
Most brilliant post EVER !! as everyone knows in all of D1 football that Bisonvillers are the ultimate authority on everything football, if they read Bisonville they will have our game plan each and every game. This should be the standard answear PERIOD ! if this comes up ever again, this and only this should be posted. I love the fact if they repeat not necessarily in that order, they will be all screwed up, and it will be a blowout ! Great job bisonhp330, remember, " loose lips, sinks ships ! " :D BTW - I am really serious that this should be the only thing posted.
Really? Remind me to slap you upside the head when you get here on Friday!

Strommer10
10-19-2011, 03:28 AM
Nothing too fancy.

1. Pass the ball on a couple first downs to keep them honest.
2. No turnovers
3. Limit penalties
4. Grab the Rock and bring it home

semobison
10-19-2011, 12:23 PM
And maybe most importantly:
Dont turn the ball over!
Force the other team to turn it over!

bisonmike2
10-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Pressure will be key. If we can get pressure on the young QB he'll make mistakes. Sounds like UNI was able to do that, and according to T-Vac, UNI broke well on the ball, which lead to the picks. We have one of the best secondaries in the league, we should also be able to force some mistakes. Also sounds like SDSU has put the ball on the ground alot this year. Be physical, hit them hard, gang tackle and we might get a couple of balls to fall on the turf. Not too worried about our offense. If we execute, we'll score. SDSU has been giving up tons of points and tons of yards on the ground this year. This is SDSU, so we have to be a little guarded. They always play us tough but in reality, we should be able to beat them soundly. If we want to consider ourselves a top tier FCS program, this game shouldn't be close.

THEsocalledfan
10-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Pressure will be key. If we can get pressure on the young QB he'll make mistakes. Sounds like UNI was able to do that, and according to T-Vac, UNI broke well on the ball, which lead to the picks. We have one of the best secondaries in the league, we should also be able to force some mistakes. Also sounds like SDSU has put the ball on the ground alot this year. Be physical, hit them hard, gang tackle and we might get a couple of balls to fall on the turf. Not too worried about our offense. If we execute, we'll score. SDSU has been giving up tons of points and tons of yards on the ground this year. This is SDSU, so we have to be a little guarded. They always play us tough but in reality, we should be able to beat them soundly. If we want to consider ourselves a top tier FCS program, this game shouldn't be close.

If this team comes out and plays anything like they did at Montana State, Eastern Washington, Minnesota, and Misery St., they sound soundly pound the Jacks. Sadly, for some reason, they seem to play like the team that lost to Misery St. last year when they play in Brookings. So, I have no idea what will happen.

CAS4127
10-19-2011, 02:40 PM
And maybe most importantly:
Dont turn the ball over!
Force the other team to turn it over!

Well, we are +11 in the turnover category for the year (contrary to what someone posted as +4). Pretty damn impressive and, hopefully, I didn't just jinx us (shouldn't be a problem tho, as sports #'s are all just a random sort of thing)!!!!

TateMosersneighbor
10-19-2011, 04:00 PM
I'd say we run the flea flicker and the statue of liberty play all day against these bozos. Mix in the occasional fullback dive and we are set.

gotts
10-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Get a 3-0 lead and set up in Denny Green formation circa NFC Championship game against the Falcons - take a knee until the clock runs out.