PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit Week

tony
10-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Austin Sumner had a streak of his own against UNI: 9 consecutive completions.

ndsubison1
10-16-2011, 05:45 PM
this is anything but a gimme.

EndZoneQB
10-16-2011, 05:57 PM

I thought you were going to say 3 consecutive interceptions.

I hope they throw it 54 times against, we need to pad our sack stats. Plus, I'm not sure Marcus has enough TDs and INTs this season, so he could use a couple more each.

PaBizon
10-16-2011, 06:05 PM
In conference game, on the road, against a team that will be up to knock off a highly ranked team w/o a loss. Oh, and it's SDSU. This one has trouble written all over it.

BisoninNWMN
10-16-2011, 06:22 PM
Our 4 DL guys need to get better pressure on the QB. It seems like we rarely blitz and rely on only 4 guys to get to the QB. Teams are passing pretty easily on us the last few weeks. It seems like we are always in a 'soft zone' on defense also. Maybe that is the philosophy of the Tampa-2 but MSU moved the ball on us and if we didn't have those 3 TO's, it would have made the game alittle more interesting.

The Jacks QB passed for a lot of yards against UNI and I bet he will be slinging the ball against us. This is going to be their 'Superbowl' and will probably play us tough.

Hopefully our Defense gets to Sumner and rattles his cage early.

Go to Brookings and take care of business.

THEsocalledfan
10-16-2011, 06:29 PM
Our 4 DL guys need to get better pressure on the QB. It seems like we rarely blitz and rely on only 4 guys to get to the QB. Teams are passing pretty easily on us the last few weeks. It seems like we are always in a 'soft zone' on defense also. Maybe that is the philosophy of the Tampa-2 but MSU moved the ball on us and if we didn't have those 3 TO's, it would have made the game alittle more interesting.

The Jacks QB passed for a lot of yards against UNI and I bet he will be slinging the ball against us. This is going to be their 'Superbowl' and will probably play us tough.

Hopefully our Defense gets to Sumner and rattles his cage early.

Go to Brookings and take care of business.

I going to say this all week long:

We need to make that game a home game for the Bison. Between pheasant hunting and a down season, I am hoping it will be a light SDSU turnout; we need to pack the place with Bison fans. We we can be loud and into the game, that freshman QB may through one or two to Marcus.

Mr. Burgundy
10-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Good news for Bison fans, Dale Moss from the Basketball team at SDSU joined their football team this year. I am not sure his career record against NDSU. Pretty talented kid. Good receiver, probably should have played football his entire career.

THEsocalledfan
10-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Good news for Bison fans, Dale Moss from the Basketball team at SDSU joined their football team this year. I am not sure his career record against NDSU. Pretty talented kid. Good receiver, probably should have played football his entire career.

Not following how this is good news as he is supposed to be their best receiver. I am glad we have Marcus to work on him.

Tatanka
10-16-2011, 06:37 PM
Not following how this is good news as he is supposed to be their best receiver. I am glad we have Marcus to work on him.

Focus on the second sentence. Read slowly. Like SDSU slowly. It will come to you.

THEsocalledfan
10-16-2011, 06:38 PM
Focus on the second sentence. Read slowly. Like SDSU slowly. It will come to you.

So the joke is he has never been on a team that beat NDSU?

Tatanka
10-16-2011, 06:41 PM
So the joke is he has never been on a team that beat NDSU?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--WbChxvmGy8/TlPx310c77I/AAAAAAAAAC8/m5JBaaZueaE/s320/i%2Bsee%2Bwhat%2Byou%2Bdid%2Bthere%2B2.png.jpeg*

* - this one's for you DjKyRo!

Twentysix
10-16-2011, 06:41 PM
Is that the dartmouth mascot?

THEsocalledfan
10-16-2011, 06:44 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--WbChxvmGy8/TlPx310c77I/AAAAAAAAAC8/m5JBaaZueaE/s320/i%2Bsee%2Bwhat%2Byou%2Bdid%2Bthere%2B2.png.jpeg*!

Okay, I am going to take that as correct. If so, my original post stands as from what I hear, he is their best WR and I put very little stock in a basketball record.

yellowstreak
10-16-2011, 11:43 PM
Two Rabbits are running from a group of foxes. They hide in a pile of hay, one rabbit says to the other one "ok, we can run for it or we can stay here and out number them." The other rabbit says, "we're going to run for it you idiot, I'm your brother!"

Twentysix
10-16-2011, 11:47 PM
Two Rabbits are running from a group of foxes. They hide in a pile of hay, one rabbit says to the other one "ok, we can run for it or we can stay here and out number them." The other rabbit says, "we're going to run for it you idiot, I'm your brother!"

:rofl: .

semobison
10-16-2011, 11:48 PM
The last time we won in Brookings was 1999, 28-7! We are due!

Tatanka
10-16-2011, 11:50 PM
My 7-year-old's contribution, delivered during the game yesterday after he saw the score for SDSU/UNI:

Q: What is invisible and smells like carrots?
A: A bunny fart.

DjKyRo
10-16-2011, 11:56 PM
I made a comment as such on the Bison Sports Blog, but Sumner has three consecutive 300-yard passing games in three career starts. Off to a good start though the team is 1-2 in the meantime.

Twentysix
10-17-2011, 12:01 AM
I made a comment as such on the Bison Sports Blog, but Sumner has three consecutive 300-yard passing games in three career starts. Off to a good start though the team is 1-2 in the meantime.

Yeah but hes also thrown the ball like 150 times.

UNI 54 attempts
YSU 35 attempts
ISUb 48 attempts
ISUr 32 attempts

169 attempts in 4 games.

137 attempts in the last 3 games for 6.5 yds per attempt.

Either way, in the future he will be scary.

Tatanka
10-17-2011, 12:05 AM
All your base are belong to Marcus Williams.

Twentysix
10-17-2011, 12:07 AM

+++++++++++++++++++++

BadlandsBison
10-17-2011, 12:15 AM
No one visiting to talk smack yet, but I guess they can't brag too much with their sorry excuse of a season so far. Still gonna be a tough game though. The bunnies always play upside their heads when we match up in Brookings.

X-Factor
10-17-2011, 12:52 AM

English...plz....

:D

HandoEX
10-17-2011, 03:48 AM
This is the worst SDSU team in a long time. They pass so much because their run game is at an naia level. Doesn't leave much of a choice for the OC when calling plays.

IzzyFlexion
10-17-2011, 11:25 AM
The graduation of Derek Domino has to have had a big impact on their program. He was one of the best defensive players in the league.
I recall him signing as a free agent w, the Broncos but don't know if he's still w, an NFL team. Another stud from the TCs.

Tatanka
10-17-2011, 12:05 PM
The graduation of Derek Domino has to have had a big impact on their program. He was one of the best defensive players in the league.
I recall him signing as a free agent w, the Broncos but don't know if he's still w, an NFL team. Another stud from the TCs.

Domino always had a special kind of hard on for the Bison as well.

Another huge loss that they hage zero point zero answer for is the graduation of Kyle minnett. Excellent running back. Now they're passing the shit out of the ball, not because they want to but out of necessity. They do have a good receiver or two but the bottom line is they're pretty one dimensional.

They will be playing out of their flipping minds on Saturday in front of a large crowd. This is all they have left to play for this year. This is their Superbowl, Stanley cup, and their senior prom night with that nice Holstein heifer from the other side of town, all wrapped into one.

THEsocalledfan
10-17-2011, 02:03 PM
Domino always had a special kind of hard on for the Bison as well.

Another huge loss that they hage zero point zero answer for is the graduation of Kyle minnett. Excellent running back. Now they're passing the shit out of the ball, not because they want to but out of necessity. They do have a good receiver or two but the bottom line is they're pretty one dimensional.

They will be playing out of their flipping minds on Saturday in front of a large crowd. This is all they have left to play for this year. This is their Superbowl, Stanley cup, and their senior prom night with that nice Holstein heifer from the other side of town, all wrapped into one.

Actually that Holstein heifer came from the dairy bar at SDSU, but carry on.......

SDbison
10-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Not much bunny support from the SDSU Alums in my office this morning. Out of at least a dozen of them within 100 feet of me most don't know there is a home game this coming weekend and none know it is against NDSU for the Dakota Marker. Lame fan support......lame team. I gaurantee though, if bunny turds somehow pull a victory out of their ass they will stop by my office and make mention in every meeting.

missingnumber7
10-17-2011, 02:39 PM
I remember last time we went there undefeated:(

Twentysix
10-17-2011, 02:42 PM

English...plz....

:D

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1ma4tJ7v1KU/TCE5uXzP3JI/AAAAAAAAASw/qUxX2B3nG0c/s1600/allyourbase.jpg

SDbison
10-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Don't remind us.

Theee Catrabbit
10-17-2011, 03:05 PM
No one visiting to talk smack yet, but I guess they can't brag too much with their sorry excuse of a season so far. Still gonna be a tough game though. The bunnies always play upside their heads when we match up in Brookings.

Here I'll go lakes on you......

We didn't want to show up too soon....we wanted to make sure you had eaten first. Jeezus is that your real picture? God created avatars pics for a reason. No, really, you can put any picture on any forum and you chose that one? Your the guy they remove the ice sculpture for when he comes through the buffet.

As for our team? 3000000 people show up for the game, only 40 Bizun fans. Well, Rabbits win by 93 as the Bizzzun fail to put their jocks on correctly and run backwards the whole game. After the victory,I take home 20 women at one time all of them wearing NDSU colors because they wanted to be with a real man, leaving the other 20 Bizun fans waiting outside my doors in their puke green and gold bus. I also told them my dad has a cabin by a mud puddle. We did 200 shots, mostly because North Dakota women are so fat and ugly, it's all I could do to actually mate with the filthy beasts.

THERE YOU'VE BEEN SMACKED. FEEL BETTER?

End of lakes transmission

As for me? I agree, should be a tough game......we've got a hell of a punter.....

Tatanka
10-17-2011, 03:07 PM

We didn't want to show up too soon....we wanted to make sure you had eaten first. Jeezus is that your real picture? God created avatars pics for a reason. No, really, you can put any picture on any forum and you chose that one? Your the guy they remove the ice sculpture for when he comes through the buffet.

As for our team? 3000000 people show up for the game, only 40 Bizun fans. Well, Rabbits win by 93 as the Bizzzun fail to put their jocks on correctly and run backwards the whole game. After the victory,I take home 20 women at one time all of them wearing NDSU colors because they wanted to be with a real man, leaving the other 20 Bizun fans waiting outside my doors in their puke green and gold bus. I also told them my dad has a cabin by a mud puddle. We did 200 shots, mostly because North Dakota women are so fat and ugly, it's all I could do to actually mate with the filthy beasts.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/813a2d42.jpg

HandoEX
10-17-2011, 03:16 PM
That 2007 team was twice the team SDSU fields in 2011. The outcome will be completely different this time.

coldspot
10-17-2011, 03:23 PM
As for me? I agree, should be a tough game......we've got a hell of a punter.....

lol. I hope he's rested up for the game because he's going to be on the field a lot.

bri-dog
10-17-2011, 03:32 PM

I feel better. However you people are ALWAYS confusing us with UND. We are green and yellow. UND is puke green.

CaBisonFan
10-17-2011, 03:34 PM
The Wabbits haven't been the same since they threw up in the playoffs in Montana. It's the worst cave job that I've ever seen...ever.

If they had simply knelt down on every play and milked the clock they would have won. It's called stupid coaching.

We win those games...always have. Our South Dakota boys come ready to play. Bison - 41...Wabbits - 14

To hell with the marker. It's another game on the road to the playoffs.

CaBisonFan
10-17-2011, 03:55 PM

We were coming off of our Super Bowl at MN with a variety of injuries. Pat Paschall was our 2nd running back and had been doing some great downhill running. He was out. During the game Tyler Roehl got his bell rung in a big way and he was visiting some other planet the rest of the way. Our running game was gone.

SDSU had a very stout front 7 and they were able to take chances on sending the house. Washington gave up a fumble near our goal line. Tyler fumbled on a drive that would have put us ahead...but he really shouldn't have been on the field. Think he might have had a pretty bad ankle problem too. We couldn't sustain a drive. SDSU keyed heavily on Tyler...knowing where it was going. We were one-dimentional...and wanted to share the ball. But I think the biggest factor was that we never played the same after our big win at Minnesota. It won't happen this time.

We have to bring intensity to Brookings. If we do...business taken care of. The program had forgotten that. I think that Bohl has done a great job with the emotional aspect of each game this year. He's bringing the message. He has a staff that understands and knows how to communicate with these young guys.

The 2011 Bison team has more depth of talent. It's a requirement in every MVFC game.

I view this game as being no different than visiting any other conference game now. A little more fun perhaps...but on the field...the same. I'm glad that they're passing a lot. Bring it on.

Marker be damned. If we make too big a deal out of it...then we lose focus. It's another game on the way to our real goals. Visiting Brookings should ne-ver become super important. Just go down there and display our big advantage in athleticism...lay some hits on them...and it's done.

Theee Catrabbit
10-17-2011, 04:49 PM
Marker be damned. If we make too big a deal out of it...then we lose focus. It's another game on the way to our real goals. Visiting Brookings should ne-ver become super important. Just go down there and display our big advantage in athleticism...lay some hits on them...and it's done.

Dakota Marker! Dakota Marker! Dakota Marker!

It's the game of the year! All players should be thinking about is the Dakota Marker! If they lose the Marker, it's pretty much the end of the season. All your focus must be on the Marker! How embarrassing to lose it to us again. I've already said all we have is a punter...sure he 's scrappy....but if he beats you then the UNI fans are probably right.........

Once again.......

....his glorious might will assure us victory!!!!

HerdBot
10-17-2011, 04:50 PM

Yeah but 4 picks aint healthy.

missingnumber7
10-17-2011, 07:11 PM
We were coming off of our Super Bowl at MN with a variety of injuries.
5 weeks earlier, with throttling wins over SUU, and Ill St at home and then a trip to Poly with a narrow victory. Losing to SDSU had nothing to do with the win over the gophers.

HandoEX
10-17-2011, 07:17 PM
5 weeks earlier, with throttling wins over SUU, and Ill St at home and then a trip to Poly with a narrow victory. Losing to SDSU had nothing to do with the win over the gophers.
Agreed!!!!!! They kicked our butts and there is no reason except they outplayed us.

yellowstreak
10-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Williams' head is going to be spinning so fast watching the every-down offensive line substitution the Jacks have going on he is going to be dizzy and not know which way is up. It's some head-game thing they've got going on...I think.

UNI had a pretty high turnover margin too. And the Jacks were +1 on them...after the first half of the first quarter.

In all honesty I think I have more fear for this Bizun team than I did the "Jesus of Fargo" Steve Walker teams. Beating them will start with not turning the ball over. Making a big play on special teams or scoring a defensive TD would definitely help too.

Make sure and remember the Dakota Marker. We might just keep it.

I doubt we have a better team than 2007. It seemed to me the 2007 team lost motivation the last game.

yellowstreak
10-18-2011, 12:02 AM
I'm not out to kiss the Bizun's @$$ here, but they're good. Really good. A better front 4 than UNI, though the Panther's front 7 might be better. The Jacks o-line needs to hold up again and give the man under center time.

I'm a little confused on the 9 points scored by NDSU at SIU, who then proceeded to give up 35 to YSU at home. Week in, week out in the MVC. Who the eff knows what's going to happen.

Like I said in another thread, three weeks ago I thought the Bizun would destroy the Jacks (which they certainly still could). But after what I saw Saturday my thoughts are different. I don't even think the Jacks have to win the turnover battle. Just don't turn the ball over! +0 in the turnover battle with 0 for each team and hell, I think the Jacks could win that game. Bring some home-cookin' refs in and we might really be in business.

And yes, our punter is good, but the Bizun aren't going to get to see him outside of warming up before the game and during halftime anyway.

I'm predicting a hardcore tailgate followed by a lot of standing and yelling. So if you don't like it (yes you lady in front of me Saturday) give your tickets to somebody else.

Speaking of tailgate I'm sure Bizun fans will be thrilled to hear the creatively engineered outdoor sanitary system is still around.

Hopefully they will need their world class punter.

yellowstreak
10-18-2011, 12:03 AM
I predict big bird will be crying in his beer with the rest of the flatlanders. Jacks by 10!

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-18-2011, 12:18 AM
this is anything but a gimme.

This. Its going to be a tough game. The Jacks have our number since the transition. Its their superbowl. They have nother else to play for this year.

BisonTeacher
10-18-2011, 12:29 AM
My memory of the 2007 game is a little hazy...for multiple reasons, but I do remember being there. If my memory serves me right SDSU was running some really weird 5 WR sets and we struggled with it. Also, I remember a play late in the fourth Quarter where Bohl elected to punt it instead of going for it on 4th when we were behind. I remember being really upset about it because we were having trouble stopping their offense. Didnt Roehl get hurt in that game and kept trying to play through it? My memory is really hazy as I wasnt driving that day, so this could all be my imagination. Oh I do remember paying for tickets and not having a seat. So we all went to the general admission seats and they tried to kick us out but there was too many of us. Good times.

I know we have beat them a few times since then...but we were undefeated then and they spoiled it for us. Plus we werent eligible for playoffs then either. GO Bison. We need to go "Glen Close/Fatal Attraction" on them!!!

CHADSTAUS
10-18-2011, 12:43 AM
Pretty sure we make the drive south, kick there @$$, and prepare for the holy grail of games.

NDSUstudent
10-18-2011, 12:50 AM
I doubt we have a better team than 2007. It seemed to me the 2007 team lost motivation the last game.

Top end talent maybe not but the 2011 Bison are much, much deeper than the 2007 Bison.

X-Factor
10-18-2011, 02:09 AM
The 2007 team was more polished, and IMO, would win head-to-head right now.
I think the 2011 team has a lot more upside potential.

BadlandsBison
10-18-2011, 03:21 AM
I found a dead rabbit in our yard today. After burying it, I realized it would make a nice decoration for tailgate :D Might get a little ripe by Saturday though.

Tatanka
10-18-2011, 03:23 AM
I found a dead rabbit in our yard today. After burying it, I realized it would make a nice decoration for tailgate :D Might get a little ripe by Saturday though.

Freezer. Just sayin'.

Or you could skin it. Would make a great flagpole topper.

BadlandsBison
10-18-2011, 03:25 AM
Freezer. Just sayin'.

Or you could skin it. Would make a great flagpole topper.

I don't have time to drive to Grand Forks this week.

Tatanka
10-18-2011, 03:27 AM
I don't have time to drive to Grand Forks this week.

Touche' .

HerdBot
10-18-2011, 04:07 AM
The 2007 team was more polished, and IMO, would win head-to-head right now.
I think the 2011 team has a lot more upside potential.

I don't know if thats necessarily true. The 07 team didn't play in the Valley and had an easier schedule compared to today. The 08 team was pretty much the exact same team as 07 except for Mays and Walker and they went 6-5. This current team has played a tougher schedule and is 6-0 so far. They are deeper which means they are built to win late in the year. Lets see how we look in 3 weeks.

mango
10-18-2011, 02:54 PM
Forecast for Saturday is upper 50s and sunny. See you guys in Brookings.

Grizzled
10-18-2011, 03:32 PM
I don't know if thats necessarily true. The 07 team didn't play in the Valley and had an easier schedule compared to today. The 08 team was pretty much the exact same team as 07 except for Mays and Walker and they went 6-5. This current team has played a tougher schedule and is 6-0 so far. They are deeper which means they are built to win late in the year. Lets see how we look in 3 weeks.

Disagree, the first 6 games of '07 were much tougher than our 1st 6 games of this year. We've had one even remotely notable win so far and thats SIU on the road. Other than that no one we've played so far finishes above .500.

THEsocalledfan
10-18-2011, 03:37 PM
Disagree, the first 6 games of '07 were much tougher than our 1st 6 games of this year. We've had one even remotely notable win so far and thats SIU on the road. Other than that no one we've played so far finishes above .500.

Grizzled, the Minnesota win is a postive road win. They have over 80 scholarships and a huge stadium, and NDSU went down there and won in convincing fashion. I don't care what their record is in FBS, I think that would be a middle tier MVFC team.

Grizzled
10-18-2011, 04:10 PM
Grizzled, the Minnesota win is a postive road win. They have over 80 scholarships and a huge stadium, and NDSU went down there and won in convincing fashion. I don't care what their record is in FBS, I think that would be a middle tier MVFC team.

I should have reworded that. The Minnesota win was definately notable. I was looking more at quality of opponent. Gophers are a less than middle teir MVFC team in my opinion. Gabe was comparing schedules. I'm not going to lie, I had to go back and look at our '07 schedule and I just want to give credit where credit was due, '07 had played a tougher schedule up until this point.

devin45k
10-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Rabbit week = my grumpiest week of the year.

2011 Champions
10-20-2011, 12:24 AM

So...you are saying your 2007 team had a easier schedule than this years team? Do you realize the temas you have played are a combined 10-29? Illinois State and Southern Illinois have 6 of those wins. That was a crazy bad schedule in 2007.

EmeraldCityBison
10-20-2011, 04:54 AM
So...you are saying your 2007 team had a easier schedule than this years team? Do you realize the temas you have played are a combined 10-29? Illinois State and Southern Illinois have 6 of those wins. That was a crazy bad schedule in 2007.

To accurately assess how good a team is based on the combined records of its opponents, you need to subtract out the games played between that team and the rest of its opponents. Otherwise, of course, pretty much all teams with good records will have a combined opponents record that is ugly.

Assuming the 10-29 record is accurate, the real measure of those times is a combined 10-23. I'd say that's fair.

devin45k
10-20-2011, 03:27 PM

You must have a lot of time on your hands when u post on opposing teams forums.

CAS4127
10-20-2011, 03:32 PM

Hey, Idiot, the records of opposing teams does not automatically equate to how difficult the schedule is--think about it . . . . . oh, wait, sorry!!!

bisonmike2
10-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Nice write-up by T-Vac in the Argus today.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20111020/SPORTS0202/110200325/Surging-NDSU-finds-formula-after-difficult-stretch-FCS?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

2011 Champions
10-20-2011, 09:52 PM
Hey, Idiot, the records of opposing teams does not automatically equate to how difficult the schedule is--think about it . . . . . oh, wait, sorry!!!

Why not? I'm thinking it equates directly. If all of the team are your schedule have lost every game, which yours almost have, do you think that would be a difficult schedule? Absolutely not. What if every team on your schedule had won every game. Would that rate as a tough schedule. I thnk it would. I don't think it is a hard concept to grasp.

Tatanka
10-20-2011, 10:09 PM
Why not? I'm thinking it equates directly. If all of the team are your schedule have lost every game, which yours almost have, do you think that would be a difficult schedule? Absolutely not. What if every team on your schedule had won every game. Would that rate as a tough schedule. I thnk it would. I don't think it is a hard concept to grasp.

You know, it depends. Take for example a team that plays you, loses to you, but only plays NAIA/DII teams the rest of the year and wins all those. You're suggesting that that makes your schedule difficult. Conversely, take a team that usually plays at the FBS level, loses several of those games, but has a distinct advantage over you in schollys, revenue, etc.. You're suggesting the fact that they have a losing record makes your schedule somehow easier. It's not that simple.

However, given your track record based on your previous posts, I can see where this is a difficult concept for you. Wait, I may have just divided by zero. Please hold.

Bison"FANatic"

Great!!!! Nobody ever said our goal was to play the toughest schedule in FCS football. Missouri Valley is a good tough test. Goal is to get to 8 wins, get into the playoffs, go far in the playoffs and win a championship. I would rather play a lighter schedule and go far in the playoffs then sit at home and watch the playoffs with a 6-5 record and say to myself "but we played the toughest schedule in the FCS".

We thank you for your interest in Bison Athletics though. Please forward all donations to NDSU Teammakers.

EmeraldCityBison

You're over simplifying. If every team we played lost all their games, it also matters who they played. How close were their losses? In 2 of the next 3 weeks we play UNI and ISUb. After you add in their records, our opponents' overall record changes a lot.

If we were 0-6 instead of 6-0, our opponents' collective record changes a lot doesn't it (16-23 41.0% vs 10-29 25.6%)?

You have to ignore those games if you're going to make a statement about our strength of schedule.

Swaghook
10-20-2011, 10:29 PM
Me personally I could care less about the "strength" of schedule, as long as the team as a whole plays strong and wins games that is all that counts in my book.

2011 Champions
10-21-2011, 12:14 AM
You're over simplifying. If every team we played lost all their games, it also matters who they played. How close were their losses? In 2 of the next 3 weeks we play UNI and ISUb. After you add in their records, our opponents' overall record changes a lot.

If we were 0-6 instead of 6-0, our opponents' collective record changes a lot doesn't it (16-23 41.0% vs 10-29 25.6%)?

You have to ignore those games if you're going to make a statement about our strength of schedule.

My statement was about record to date. I also have a feeling your overall record might change and that changes the equation as well. 6-3 or 7-2 makes your opponents
record less relevant to me.

The Sports Block
10-21-2011, 12:26 AM
October 20th Sports Lounge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vunc9bJ0zsQ

9:10 - 22:00 SDSU vs. NDSU football preview

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xltqzy_sports-lounge-season-2-episode-14_sport

steelbison
10-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Funny, I would be more worried about UNI down the stretch. the last two years they have started strong and limped home. Even losing an opening round game at home.

I'm guessing after we kick your ass we won't have to listen to your rhetoric on this board anymore.

2011 Champions
10-21-2011, 03:25 PM
Funny, I would be more worried about UNI down the stretch. the last two years they have started strong and limped home. Even losing an opening round game at home.

I'm guessing after we kick your ass we won't have to listen to your rhetoric on this board anymore.

To ease your mind, it will get worse if you would happen to beat us. Remember though, we do have more than 4 wins. So it may be tough. You haven't seen how I get when we lose. It is crazy.

Tatanka
10-21-2011, 03:41 PM
To ease your mind, it will get worse if you would happen to beat us. Remember though, we do have more than 4 wins. So it may be tough. You haven't seen how I get when we lose. It is crazy.

Hopefully by then the mods have seen fit to put you on diaper mode.

CAS4127
10-21-2011, 03:45 PM

That's because playing us has become the pinicle of their season--their superbowl if you will.

2011 Champions
10-21-2011, 04:17 PM
That's because playing us has become the pinicle of their season--their superbowl if you will.

:facepalm: How does that work when you guys haven't beat us yet?

CAS4127
10-21-2011, 04:23 PM

Oh, I see, I have to spell it out for you. UNI is fixated on beating NDSU, that is their #1 goal each season since we joined the MVFC because they were pissed about our rankings prior to that. Resultantly, after our game (yes, all of which you have won so far) UNI loses its momemtum and motivation and limps home down the stretch, makes the PO's because of autobid, and then gets beat by the likes of LEHIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got it now, or, do, I, need, to, type, slow--er????!!!

Tatanka
10-21-2011, 04:32 PM

le. High.

bisonmike2
10-21-2011, 04:41 PM
le. High.

But...but..but they got to paint another league title on their wall at the unidump.

The Sports Block
10-21-2011, 04:43 PM
http://www.archive.org/details/CoachStigShowOct.19th2011S2e8

- SDSU head football coach John Stiegelmeier joins the Sports Block with Travis and Charlie to review the Jacks 31-14 loss vs. Northern Iowa and preview this weeks game Dakota Marker match up vs. North Dakota State. ksdjradio.com and 90.7 FM in the Brookings, SD area

bisonmike2
10-21-2011, 04:52 PM
http://www.archive.org/details/CoachStigShowOct.19th2011S2e8

- SDSU head football coach John Stiegelmeier joins the Sports Block with Travis and Charlie to review the Jacks 31-14 loss vs. Northern Iowa and preview this weeks game Dakota Marker match up vs. North Dakota State. ksdjradio.com and 90.7 FM in the Brookings, SD area

Thanks for the link. Stig lost me when he said 80% of the game they were better than UNI. He likes to play the woulda, coulda, shoulda. "if they don't score 2 td's were winning that game." Yeah but you did and if your team didn't give up a 56 yard td on that play, what's to say they weren't going to give up a 56 yard td on the next play?

Bonus: Stig reveled his master plan. Shift the TE so that we are shifting out of our base while they run the ball. You heard it hear first. And if anyone wants to complain about production values on radio and tv, you should listen to this. You'll feel better about where we're at.

The Sports Block
10-21-2011, 05:25 PM
The production level was not the best. It was done over the phone on the student radio station, out of the studio, with no one back to run the board.

The Sports Block
10-21-2011, 06:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NZMkQ5lYUg

- Marcus Traxler and Shane Koob from the SDSU student newspaper, The Collegian, previews the Jackrabbits and Bison in advance of their 2011 Dakota Marker meeting.

2011 Champions
10-21-2011, 07:05 PM
Oh, I see, I have to spell it out for you. UNI is fixated on beating NDSU, that is their #1 goal each season since we joined the MVFC because they were pissed about our rankings prior to that. Resultantly, after our game (yes, all of which you have won so far) UNI loses its momemtum and motivation and limps home down the stretch, makes the PO's because of autobid, and then gets beat by the likes of LEHIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got it now, or, do, I, need, to, type, slow--er????!!!

We did lose to Lehigh. In bissssson fashion lets look in the past. Lehigh was a pretty good team. They are now ranked #8. The team you lost too is now 3-4, unranked, but does have a record that matches most of your 2011 oppenents to date....losing. Don't kid yourself about us wanting to beat you every year...we have. We worry most about Southern Illinois because they have accomplished something in our conference. I'm afraid your schedule to this point has been pretty weak. The next three weeks will tell us alot. This equates to your rankings in the defensive ranking too. You haven't played anyone that has a very good offense. So good luck.

MNLonghorn10
10-21-2011, 07:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NZMkQ5lYUg

- Marcus Traxler and Shane Koob from the SDSU student newspaper, The Collegian, previews the Jackrabbits and Bison in advance of their 2011 Dakota Marker meeting.
high quality production.

THEsocalledfan
10-21-2011, 07:18 PM
We did lose to Lehigh. In bissssson fashion lets look in the past. Lehigh was a pretty good team. They are now ranked #8. The team you lost too is now 3-4, unranked, but does have a record that matches most of your 2011 oppenents to date....losing. Don't kid yourself about us wanting to beat you every year...we have. We worry most about Southern Illinois because they have accomplished something in our conference. I'm afraid your schedule to this point has been pretty weak. The next three weeks will tell us alot. This equates to your rankings in the defensive ranking too. You haven't played anyone that has a very good offense. So good luck.

My goodness; you should know that looking at college programs from one year to the next is worthless at best, and stupid at worst. Seems to me EWU had a star running back and a heck of a nose tackle who is gone. On oh, they also won the national title.

bisonmike2
10-21-2011, 07:20 PM

The Salukis and UNI aren't even in the same class. SIU knows what it's like to win a national championship. Congrats on having the goal of winning the conference. Some teams have higher aspirations. Don't get me wrong, we'd love to win the conference but we can accomplish our goal without that.

2011 Champions
10-21-2011, 07:29 PM
[QUOTE=THEsocalledfan;542037]My goodness; you should know that looking at college programs from one year to the next is worthless at best, and stupid at worst. Seems to me EWU had a star running back and a heck of a nose tackle who is gone. On oh, they also won the national title.[/QUote
Thank you!!! I loved your comment about comparing from one year to the next. If you
noticed I prefaced it by saying "in bison fashion". Some bison fans are infamous for using this practice. I also think it is crazy to compare.

Finally someone that also understands reality.

ndsubison1
10-21-2011, 07:46 PM

this season doesn't have much to do with last year

2011 Champions
10-21-2011, 08:08 PM
this season doesn't have much to do with last year

Whooo hooooo! Thank you too! This has been a great day. Two people on here have
told me that the past doesn't matter. Awesome. I am being serious. I am surprised to
hear it.

MNLonghorn10
10-21-2011, 08:32 PM
told me that the past doesn't matter. Awesome. I am being serious. I am surprised to
hear it.
you should try getting laid, thatll make your day "great". nerd

TransAmBison
10-21-2011, 08:34 PM
you should try getting laid, thatll make your day "great". nerdYou seen the UNI girls? You would rethink that statement.

MNLonghorn10
10-21-2011, 08:39 PM
You seen the UNI girls? You would rethink that statement.
if they resemble the uni domes seating colors...i will rethink it

TransAmBison
10-21-2011, 08:42 PM
if they resemble the uni domes seating colors...i will rethink itThey resemble the uni dome.

MNLonghorn10
10-21-2011, 08:44 PM
They resemble the uni dome.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-nZk_mEdF6qo/TajH-JDCq5I/AAAAAAAAbXs/keHIveHFNj0/s1600/1245227615_colin_farrel.gif

KilldeerBison
10-21-2011, 08:49 PM
you should try getting laid, thatll make your day "great". nerd
Cheap thrills when you live under a bridge.

Tatanka
10-21-2011, 10:41 PM
You seen the UNI girls? You would rethink that statement.

Nobody said anything about females being involved. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Or humans, for that matter.

Pards Rule
10-22-2011, 12:47 AM
Yes its wabbit season!! Go Bison from Pard nation!

NDSUstudent
10-22-2011, 01:19 AM
hear it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bZfrBN5YIM&feature=player_detailpage#t=522s

THEsocalledfan
10-22-2011, 02:38 AM
What ever happened to the Charlie guy with the fumble recovery and pick? Did he turn out okay? Or is he demented from one too many hits to the head?

2011 Champions
10-22-2011, 04:02 AM
if they resemble the uni domes seating colors...i will rethink it

Carson, my wife just told me you got kicked off dancing wih the stars. I appreciate your desire to turn
our cool seats pastel. Back off, we like our seats.

344Johnson
10-22-2011, 05:28 AM
What ever happened to the Charlie guy with the fumble recovery and pick? Did he turn out okay? Or is he demented from one too many hits to the head?

Well, he did spend some time up at UND correct?...so his demented characteristics can be correlated with his time in El Forko.

AjaxTheMighty
10-22-2011, 03:27 PM
So I looked up a little info on wikipedia. UNI has never won any football national championships, even dating back to their division II days. Also, according the the D2 football website and wikipedia they have never even been to a championship game. Then he brings up the fact that Bison fans like to talk about the past and insinuates UNI fans don't. I actually see why that is. Their only football accomplishment in their schools history is winning the MVC. Ironically he boasts about them beating us in previous years (past) and our games against EWU (past) also our game against Minnesota (past) and how we haven't played anybody (past). Seems like he's stuck in the...ahem...past. Not a great place for UNI fans to be. They have no past to speak of.

X-Factor
10-22-2011, 03:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bZfrBN5YIM&feature=player_detailpage#t=522s

wooo, some of those passes were wounded ducks! Good thing they didn't need to throw very often.