PDA

View Full Version : Our remaining schedule

90 BISON
10-16-2011, 03:39 PM
Now that we are 6-0 who has the potential to trip us up?

Uni obviously will put up a good fight. sdsu is typically a hard fought game, but the jacks seem to be a bit down this year. Indiana State's only conference loss is to Uni. Thoughts?

roadwarrior
10-16-2011, 03:40 PM
Any MVFC team is capable of tripping us up. We should have learned enough the past 3 years to know you cannot overlook anyone in this league.

NDSUstudent
10-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Next week will be tough, the Marker and pride is all the Jacks have left to play for at this point. Gotta bring it every week.

tjbison
10-16-2011, 03:50 PM
SDSU
UNI
ISU-B
WIU
YSU

Can all beat us, ISU-B is going to be a damn tough road game boys

chuckles
10-16-2011, 03:53 PM
All remaining games will be a battle (with maybe an exception for Western Illinois). It really is Any Given Saturday in the MVC. I hope the coaches and players really take the 'one game at a time' approach week in and week out. That was the mentality in 06 and 07 and feel it played pretty well! I, for one, am also pretty excited for the battle in Terre Haute, it will be a slobber-knocker!

Strommer10
10-16-2011, 04:34 PM
UNI & Ind St. are the obvious choices, but you guys are right. We are 13-14 in conference games so far... We can't take any game lightly.

EndZoneQB
10-16-2011, 04:55 PM
Remember - it's that time of year that weather WILL be a factor outside of the Dome!!!! Anything can happen...aka Springfield, MO.

HerdBot
10-16-2011, 05:06 PM
This conference is tough. We could go 5-0 or 0-5. Barring a strange turn of events, the conference champion is going to be UNI, ISU Blue, or the Bison. Assuming we all finish with 1 loss, we cannot lose to UNI or ISU blue for tie breakers. That pretty much makes every game a must win unless we plan on them losing which doesn't seen likely.

SDSU - we are better than them but this game is their Superbowl and its going to be a battle. Its crazy because our 3 biggest games of the year are back to back to back. Too bad 2 are on the road. Lets pack their house and make it a home game. NOBODY wants to see them take back the marker. Its tough to watch them storm the field.

Strommer10
10-16-2011, 05:10 PM
This conference is tough. We could go 5-0 or 0-5. Barring a strange turn of events, the conference champion is going to be UNI, ISU Blue, or the Bison. Assuming we all finish with 1 loss, we cannot lose to UNI or ISU blue. That pretty much makes every game a must win unless we plan on them losing which doesn't seen likely.

SDSU - we are better than them but this game is their Superbowl and its going to be a battle. Its crazy because our bigger games of the year are back to back. NOBODY wants to see them take back the marker. Its tough to watch them storm the field.
We can't let them win this year. We can't take any team lightly, especially in a rivalry game. They will put everything they have into winning this one and spoiling are plans for Oct 29th.

tony
10-16-2011, 05:28 PM
SDSU: tough game - rivalry on the road, doubt they'll turn over the ball five times like they did against UNI.
UNI: 2nd ranked team in the nation and NDSU has looked absolutely helpless and hopeless in every single game against them.
ISU-B: Shakir Bell is averaging over 10 yards a carry against very tough run defenses and the game is at their place. Example: He had 145 yards in the first half against UNI before the Panthers put him out of the game with a cheap shot to the head (according to ISU-B's media.)
Youngstown State: They just beat SIU soundly in Carbondale... the game wasn't as close as the score makes it look. I think their defense is very thin so NDSU might be able to wear them down. It's at our place too.
WIU: The game is at their place. They are a power running team and that could be a big advantage in the later part of November.

1. Before: Prepare for the game like it is the Super Bowl.
2. During: Play the game like it is the Super Bowl.
3. After: Forget about the game you just played.
4. Go to step 1.

HerdBot
10-16-2011, 05:38 PM
SDSU: tough game - rivalry on the road, doubt they'll turn over the ball five times like they did against UNI.
UNI: 2nd ranked team in the nation and NDSU has looked absolutely helpless and hopeless in every single game against them.
ISU-B: Shakir Bell is averaging over 10 yards a carry against very tough run defenses and the game is at their place. Example: He had 145 yards in the first half against UNI before the Panthers put him out of the game with a cheap shot to the head (according to ISU-B's media.)
Youngstown State: They just beat SIU soundly in Carbondale... the game wasn't as close as the score makes it look. I think their defense is very thin so NDSU might be able to wear them down. It's at our place too.
WIU: The game is at their place. They are a power running team and that could be a big advantage in the later part of November.

4. Go to step 1.

Good philosophy. The next 3 games are a bitch.

Strommer10
10-16-2011, 05:40 PM
4. Go to step 1.
Set this on repeat, and we will be alright :nod:

TheBisonator
10-16-2011, 07:12 PM
These next three games are what tests a man. A football player and a fan.
Pin your ears back and give 'em hell. Rough 'em up and ring their bell.

Grizzled
10-16-2011, 07:50 PM
These next three games are what tests a man. A football player and a fan.
Pin your ears back and give 'em hell. Rough 'em up and ring their bell.

Hahahaha, how are we as fans getting tested the next 3 games????

We have the privilege of watching the Bison play 3 very good football teams. Pretty sure all we have to do is show up to which ever games we can and tailgate, no preperation needed for that. The next 3 games are what makes being a fan fun but they are by no means a test.

squarepeg
10-16-2011, 10:00 PM
Indiana St is the toughest one. UNI is at home and SDSU is not very good this year.

Twentysix
10-16-2011, 10:30 PM
SDSU Toss up
UNI Toss up
ISU-B Toss up
WIU This one scares me the second most after SDSU
YSU I think we got the penguins.

BisoninNWMN
10-16-2011, 10:34 PM
SDSU Toss up
UNI Toss up
ISU-B Toss up

The last 2 should be wins for us. The next 3 games will define this team. If we come out 2-1 or at the very least 1-2 then we will be fine.

.......I hope we beat UNI's a**!!

squarepeg
10-16-2011, 10:35 PM
SDSU Toss up
UNI Toss up
ISU-B Toss up

WIU and SDSU are the two worst teams right now.

X-Factor
10-16-2011, 10:36 PM
Indiana St is the toughest one. UNI is at home and SDSU is not very good this year.

wow do I agree. The Trees are going to be our toughest game of the season IMO. And what a change after we have piss pounded them year after year, even in our bad years. They could have easily knocked off UNI had Bell not gotten hurt during the game. He was making the UNI defense look like fools. Even if we are undefeated when we play them, I might go so far as to say they would be the favorite in Terre Haute. SDSU is going to be really tough as well, mostly because it is a rivalry and in Brookings. I see 3 extremely tough games left on our schedule! No sleeping yet.

Oh yeah, and YSU always plays us really tough. So basically every game :biggrin:

EastCoastBison
10-16-2011, 10:40 PM
SDSU Toss up
UNI Toss up
ISU-B Toss up

Anyone know what the tie-breaker is in the MVFC? Not to look too far ahead, but if end up beating UNI and losing to ISU, what is the tie-breaker if ISU, UNI, and we all end up at 7-1 in the conference?

Twentysix
10-16-2011, 10:41 PM
If we beat UNI we win the conference at 7-1. Unless WIU darkhorses it up. (I was thinking they were 2-1 after losing to ISUb)

Pretty sure its head to head first then comperative record against #2 in the conference then #3 etc etc all the way down the list.

Twentysix
10-16-2011, 10:44 PM
WIU and SDSU are the two worst teams right now.

WIU's losses are to Missouri, UNI, undefeated SHSU, and ISUb.

They look bad but it hasnt been proven really. Besides if we drop a game it will be a game we should have won.. see missouri st last year.

semobison
10-16-2011, 10:48 PM
Any MVFC team is capable of tripping us up. We should have learned enough the past 3 years to know you cannot overlook anyone in this league.

This is absolutely correct! I like what Tony wrote also, the next game on the schedule is the biggest game of the year, then do it again the next week!

Tatanka
10-16-2011, 11:03 PM
Can't rule out the field conditions factor in our remaining regular season road games.

The pasture at SDSU: even when it's good, it's not good. I would bank that if possible they will make sure it neutralizes NDSU's talent/speed advantage.
Western Illinois: Never know what kind of crappy weather you're going to run into in November in that part of the world. Windy/rainy/who the hell knows. At least they installed artificial turf--a huge improvement no doubt.

yellowstreak
10-16-2011, 11:31 PM
We should beat Western Illinois. If we win two of the other four games, we should be sitting ok in the playoffs. I'm not concerned about going undefeated.

tjbison
10-16-2011, 11:34 PM
We should beat Western Illinois. If we win two of the other four games, we should be sitting ok in the playoffs. I'm not concerned about going undefeated.

we beat UNI we are in the playoffs

WE NEED to beat UNI and Indiana St (who would have thunk us being worried about this game)................wait we need to win them all I want us to go undefeated

Mr. Burgundy
10-16-2011, 11:36 PM
Brookings is probably watering the field as we speak (as well as the Bison Tailgating lot), going to have a high school game on it the night before and probably taking running water out of the Bison locker room/trailer. It isn't an easy place to play. Lets hope we can keep our swagger. Coach has to coach like he does at home, take shots. Not the "field position" always cautious gameplan that we see all too often.

IzzyFlexion
10-16-2011, 11:39 PM
Can't rule out the field conditions factor in our remaining regular season road games.

The pasture at SDSU: even when it's good, it's not good. I would bank that if possible they will make sure it neutralizes NDSU's talent/speed advantage.
Western Illinois: Never know what kind of crappy weather you're going to run into in November in that part of the world. Windy/rainy/who the hell knows. At least they installed artificial turf--a huge improvement no doubt.

Uhh........I did not know that.

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Entertainment/images-3/johnny-carson-tonight-show.jpg

bisonfan11
10-17-2011, 01:21 AM
Here is my take.

SDSU- 9 (out of 10) We are playing in Brookings this year and the fact that the Bunnies are 2-5 means that they will give us everything they got. If we are not careful we have the realisic possibility of losing this game. It will also be tough because they are our biggest rivals and they are pumped up to knock us out of the ranks of the un-defeated (just like in '07) Our defense needs to find themselves. If we are to win this game we HAVE to stop the Bunnie's offense.

UNI- 9.5 They along with ISU-Blue are the toughest teams we will face. We have yet to beat them and this game will seriously challenge both our offense and our defense. We can win this game, but we have to be on our "A" game to win, even at home.

ISU-Blue 9.75 They will be our toughest opponent this year. They have enough offensive fire power to beat us if our D fails to step up. The biggest reason that this game is the toughest game of the season is that we are playing at Terre Haute and a good team like ISU-Blue will be pumped like none other to beat NDSU at home.

YSU-5 YSU has a good enough offense to beat NDSU, however just like last year their defense is still pretty bad, so then again Jensen and Co. could put a lot of points on the scoreboard. It helps as well that this game is at home.

WIU-3 We should be able to beat WIU. Yes they can run the football, but I have a feeling that they are not that good at anything else. Matt Barr is gone so as long at we put pressure on the WIU Qb we should be able to shut down the passing game. We also must stop the running game as well. I think that our O can put enough points on the board to win.

At the worse I see the Bison MAYBE going 2-3, but I feel like there is a good possibility that NDSU goes 3-2 (or even 4-1). We still have to bring our "A" game to each of these games or we might just struggle to get into the play-offs.

Strommer10
10-17-2011, 03:20 AM
Here is my take.

SDSU- 9 (out of 10) We are playing in Brookings this year and the fact that the Bunnies are 2-5 means that they will give us everything they got. If we are not careful we have the realisic possibility of losing this game. It will also be tough because they are our biggest rivals and they are pumped up to knock us out of the ranks of the un-defeated (just like in '07) Our defense needs to find themselves. If we are to win this game we HAVE to stop the Bunnie's offense.

UNI- 9.5 They along with ISU-Blue are the toughest teams we will face. We have yet to beat them and this game will seriously challenge both our offense and our defense. We can win this game, but we have to be on our "A" game to win, even at home.

ISU-Blue 9.75 They will be our toughest opponent this year. They have enough offensive fire power to beat us if our D fails to step up. The biggest reason that this game is the toughest game of the season is that we are playing at Terre Haute and a good team like ISU-Blue will be pumped like none other to beat NDSU at home.

YSU-5 YSU has a good enough offense to beat NDSU, however just like last year their defense is still pretty bad, so then again Jensen and Co. could put a lot of points on the scoreboard. It helps as well that this game is at home.

WIU-3 We should be able to beat WIU. Yes they can run the football, but I have a feeling that they are not that good at anything else. Matt Barr is gone so as long at we put pressure on the WIU Qb we should be able to shut down the passing game. We also must stop the running game as well. I think that our O can put enough points on the board to win.

At the worse I see the Bison MAYBE going 2-3, but I feel like there is a good possibility that NDSU goes 3-2 (or even 4-1). We still have to bring our "A" game to each of these games or we might just struggle to get into the play-offs.
I'm sorry but Ind St. is NOT our toughest opponent this year. UNI beat them 23-9. UNI IS the toughest team in the conference and on our schedule.

The Ind St. game will be extremely tough and maybe just as tough as UNI due to the fact that it's on the road, but they are NOT a better team than UNI. UNI is the best team in the conference until we show that we can beat them on the field. Not in the rankings, forums, stands/attendance. It comes down to on the field on 29th.

First we have to take care of business in Brookings. Can't fall asleep for this game like you already stated. Anything can happen in a rivalry game, especially in Brookings...

CaBisonFan
10-17-2011, 03:23 AM

Uni obviously will put up a good fight. sdsu is typically a hard fought game, but the jacks seem to be a bit down this year. Indiana State's only conference loss is to Uni. Thoughts?

Anyone...really. This weekend at Brookings scares me. SDSU has discovered a way to give us fits...even when they're down.

IndyBison
10-17-2011, 04:01 AM
wow do I agree. The Trees are going to be our toughest game of the season IMO. And what a change after we have piss pounded them year after year, even in our bad years. They could have easily knocked off UNI had Bell not gotten hurt during the game. He was making the UNI defense look like fools. Even if we are undefeated when we play them, I might go so far as to say they would be the favorite in Terre Haute. SDSU is going to be really tough as well, mostly because it is a rivalry and in Brookings. I see 3 extremely tough games left on our schedule! No sleeping yet.

Oh yeah, and YSU always plays us really tough. So basically every game :biggrin:
I've worked scrimmages at Indiana State the past 3 Springs and saw them get better each year. Coach Miles is an excellent coach and has brought the right attitude to Terre Haute. He's also done some great recruiting. I watched Shakir Bell carry his team to the state title in 2009. He's short so he wasn't recruited by the big boys but I knew he would be a great player at Indiana State. His HS has 13 D1 players this year (including 8 starters on defense). They are a football machine. I'm still hoping to get to this game.

Bisonwinagn
10-17-2011, 04:05 AM
I'm sorry but Ind St. is NOT our toughest opponent this year. UNI beat them 23-9. UNI IS the toughest team in the conference and on our schedule.

The Ind St. game will be extremely tough and maybe just as tough as UNI due to the fact that it's on the road, but they are NOT a better team than UNI. UNI is the best team in the conference until we show that we can beat them on the field. Not in the rankings, forums, stands/attendance. It comes down to on the field on 29th.

First we have to take care of business in Brookings. Can't fall asleep for this game like you already stated. Anything can happen in a rivalry game, especially in Brookings...

UNI is the best team, but it may be harder to beat Ind St. since the game takes place after two emotional games in SDSU and UNI, and Ind St. will be coming off a bye week.

ndsubison1
10-17-2011, 04:18 AM

All three of the teams we play next

jimmyptubas
10-17-2011, 07:35 AM
I think after reading this and thinking about that ISU-B scares me more than UNI at home! Still, the UNI game will be unbelievable. As much trouble as they give us since we have joined the MVFC, we've been within 2 scores of beating them except for once....which was actually at home :facepalm2:

Hammersmith
10-19-2011, 11:50 PM

The ISUb/UNI score was 9-13 with 4min left in the 4th quarter. Only when ISUb tried to push for the big play late in the game did UNI capitalize on some mistakes to open up the score. ISUb fumbled the ball in the UNI redzone halfway through the 4th. UNI used 4min off the clock on a TD scoring drive. ISUb got the ball and, in desperation, went for it on fourth down in the shadow of their own goalposts. UNI turned that into 3pts. Finally, ISUb threw a pick to seal the game. Without that fumble, the outcome of the game(and the final score) would've been very different. The two teams are very evenly matched, and we've got ISUb on the road and UNI at home. I'm a little more worried about ISUb.

Buffalo Bill
10-20-2011, 02:16 AM
The ISUb/UNI score was 9-13 with 4min left in the 4th quarter. Only when ISUb tried to push for the big play late in the game did UNI capitalize on some mistakes to open up the score. ISUb fumbled the ball in the UNI redzone halfway through the 4th. UNI used 4min off the clock on a TD scoring drive. ISUb got the ball and, in desperation, went for it on fourth down in the shadow of their own goalposts. UNI turned that into 3pts. Finally, ISUb threw a pick to seal the game. Without that fumble, the outcome of the game(and the final score) would've been very different. The two teams are very evenly matched, and we've got ISUb on the road and UNI at home. I'm a little more worried about ISUb.

That is the sign of a good team taking advantage of the other teams mistakes. Let me tell you I was more worried about South Dakota State than I was about Indiana State. I was at both games. The QB at SDSU is going to be good. He exposed our defense like no other team on our schedule. We had the advantage of playing ISU at home though. They are for real. SDSU likes to throw those underneath pass routes. Farley loves that bend but don't break defense and it pisses all of us (the fans) off. Beware of that offense. Good luck though. I want it to be #2 vs #3 next week. #1 vs #2 would be better. That would be crazy!

devin45k
10-20-2011, 02:28 AM
ISU will be shut down by us. There whole gameplan is shakir bell and nothing else. He will have to carry the whole load against OUR defense.

UNI will be the hardest.

SDSU will get sacked 4 times minimum in my opinion. We play like garbage against them on the road, they play better than expected so it will be tough.

Youngstown is all over the place but I will mark that as a W.

Western ILL only makes me nervouse because of the games before it and its on the road.

diffuculty ranking:

1. SDSU (hate to give any credit to SDSU but theyre good at home. They looked terrible in the games i have seen with them)
2. UNI
3. Western ILL
4. Youngstown

Bison"FANatic"
10-20-2011, 02:52 AM
For some reason I think YSU could be very tough. You just never know if they are going to show up to play or if they are going to roll over. Inconsistent

ISU also I believe could be very tough. Bell is crazy good and there QB can also pass on the right day. I believe they have a bye the week before us so they will be rested and ready to go.

WIU and SDSU I don't think will be tough. If they were in the dome it would be no problem but on the road it gives them a chance.

UNI is well UNI and this is the year we take them down, we have the D to give them fits and if Boothby is nicked up we should be able to slow him down. A knee even if just a sprain is tough on a D lineman as it slows them down a little and leverage is so important and a bum wheel makes leverage tough.

The key is going to be Jensen continuing with the high percentage throws. SIU was a tough game but if the passes would have been on target we could have attacked them better and it would not have been as close. If we lose a game Jensen will have passed at less than a 50% clip.

devin45k
10-20-2011, 03:01 AM
WIU and SDSU I don't think will be tough. If they were in the dome it would be no problem but on the road it gives them a chance.

SDSU at home is the only reason i am a little nervous.

Watching them play ISU, I was surprised how bad they looked. They looked dead until the end until ISU let of the gas pedal. ISU kept doing the same things offensively all game. ISU was knocking the quarterback down like crazy. NDSU should get at least 4 sacks minimum.

EndZoneQB
10-20-2011, 03:07 AM
That is the sign of a good team taking advantage of the other teams mistakes. Let me tell you I was more worried about South Dakota State than I was about Indiana State. I was at both games. The QB at SDSU is going to be good. He exposed our defense like no other team on our schedule. We had the advantage of playing ISU at home though. They are for real. SDSU likes to throw those underneath pass routes. Farley loves that bend but don't break defense and it pisses all of us (the fans) off. Beware of that offense. Good luck though. I want it to be #2 vs #3 next week. #1 vs #2 would be better. That would be crazy!

We know, and we've seen it a bunch with our team too. Both taking advantage of other teams mistakes and having a bend but don't break defense. We give up yards but don't give up points very often.

Next week IS going to be crazy, and frankly, it's the way it should be. Every year, NDSU vs UNI should be the game of the year IMO. We both belong at the top.